Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
give me scolipede or give me death.

or maybe bellsprout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Inflammatory posted:

give me scolipede or give me death.

or maybe bellsprout.

Only if this is it's finishing move.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Chandelure seemed like a weird choice at first but I feel like it's a pretty popular Pokemon. To put it one way, the first Pokemon that comes to mind when I think Ghost types is Gengar and then the second is Chandelure. It's not even my favorite, I just feel like it's pretty well-known. They used Chandelure in marketing for a while in Japan too I think...but by that logic we'd be seeing Stunfisk join the lineup soon (please let Stunfisk into Pokken)

I'd be very surprised if Jigglypuff and Greninja didn't show up, but beyond that I'm not sure what they'll do...

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
There was a poll in Japan around about when B/W came out and Chandelure was the favourite by a pretty wide margin. I'm pretty sure that's why it's in.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

More importantly, one of the support Pokemon revealed was magikarp.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

putting chandelure in the fighting game is neat and chandelure is really cool

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I was OK with Chandelure until I found out that people in japan like it. Now I don't like it anymore.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Chandelure, being a ghost, will be immune to Fighting moves. What a hosed up decision.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

There's like a single one fighting-type mon in Pokken. It's really weird when you remember it's supposed to be a fighting game with Pokemon and half of the cast is a fire-type.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Saoshyant posted:

There's like a single one fighting-type mon in Pokken. It's really weird when you remember it's supposed to be a fighting game with Pokemon and half of the cast is a fire-type.

Someone corrected me earlier and It does have both Lucario and Blaziken, it's just that you think of them more as their secondary typings.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

there are 3 fighting types so far, could you at least be retarded in ways that a simple google search couldn't fix

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I thought he meant there was one pokemon that was pure fighting in pokken but phrased it really weird

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

No, I had forgotten about Blaziken being a fighting-type. And I forgot Machamp too apparently. So, Lucario, Blaziken, and Machamp.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I suppose this technically puts Chandelure in all the current pokemon fighting games.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

I get that there's 700 of the things, so they can't please everyone, but it baffles me that Hawlucha isn't in the game, Ash has one on the show, from what I understand he's pretty popular, and he's a Mexican Wrestler that's a bird. Pikalibre is not an acceptable sustitute.

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jan 15, 2016

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Pentaro posted:

Chandelure, being a ghost, will be immune to Fighting moves. What a hosed up decision.

Gengar was already in the game, why weren't you mad about it then

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

He gets a pass because he's cool and a good guy.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Between this and the salt for Corrin and Bayo in Smash, I'm having a wonderful time enjoying all these deliciously salty tears. :qq:

Would I have preferred someone like Hawlucha or Heracross or Breloom in Pokken? Sure. Would I have preferred someone like Wonder Red or Simon Belmont in Smash? Sure. But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the other decisions and enjoy the fact that regardless of my preferences, the characters will be fun to play as and made several people out there super excited.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Type representation in Pokkén so far:

Fire: Charizard, Mega Charizard X, Blaziken, Mega Blaziken, Braixen, Chandelure
Flying: Charizard
Electric: Pikachu, Pikachu Libre
Fighting: Blaziken, Mega Blaziken, Machamp, Lucario, Mega Lucario, Mega Mewtwo X, Shadow Mega Mewtwo X
Dragon: Mega Charizard X, Garchomp, Mega Garchomp, Mega Sceptile
Poison: Gengar, Mega Gengar
Ghost: Chandelure, Gengar, Mega Gengar
Fairy: Gardevoir, Mega Gardevoir
Psychic: Mewtwo, Mega Mewtwo X, Shadow Mewtwo, Shadow Mega Mewtwo X, Gardevoir, Mega Gardevoir
Steel: Lucario, Mega Lucario
Dark: Weavile
Ice: Weavile
Water: Suicune
Grass: Sceptile, Mega Sceptile
Ground: Garchomp, Mega Garchomp
Bug: n/a
Normal: n/a
Rock: n/a

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

less laughter posted:

Type representation in Pokkén so far:

Fire: Charizard, Mega Charizard X, Blaziken, Mega Blaziken, Braixen, Chandelure
Fighting: Blaziken, Mega Blaziken, Machamp, Lucario, Mega Lucario, Mega Mewtwo X, Shadow Mega Mewtwo X
Dragon: Mega Charizard X, Garchomp, Mega Garchomp, Mega Sceptile
Poison: Gengar, Mega Gengar
Ghost: Chandelure, Gengar, Mega Gengar
Fairy: Gardevoir, Mega Gardevoir
Psychic: Mewtwo, Mega Mewtwo X, Shadow Mewtwo, Shadow Mega Mewtwo X, Gardevoir, Mega Gardevoir
Steel: Lucario, Mega Lucario
Grass: Sceptile, Mega Sceptile
Ground: Garchomp, Mega Garchomp

you can't count megas seperately... smh

also was it confirmed that regular mewtwo goes to mega mewtwo X?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

mabels big day posted:

also was it confirmed that regular mewtwo goes to mega mewtwo X?

Not yet, but it seems like a logical assumption. I expect Shadow Mewtwo to be a more powerful, unfair boss version of Mewtwo, sort of the Shin Akuma to Mewtwo's Akuma.

The playable version will be nerfed to hell, of course.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Let's not count megas seperately.

Fire: Charizard, Blaziken, Braixen, Chandelure
Fighting: Blaziken, Machamp, Lucario
Dragon: Garchomp
Poison: Gengar
Ghost: Chandelure, Gengar
Fairy: Gardevoir
Psychic: Mewtwo, Shadow Mewtwo, Gardevoir
Steel: Lucario
Grass: Sceptile
Ground: Garchomp

There's one-ofs for several types, and multiples for Fire, Fighting, Psychic, and Ghost.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Not yet, but it seems like a logical assumption. I expect Shadow Mewtwo to be a more powerful, unfair boss version of Mewtwo, sort of the Shin Akuma to Mewtwo's Akuma.

The playable version will be nerfed to hell, of course.

I imagine regular mewtwo would probably be Mega Y, to differentiate from Shadow Mewtwo.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kurieg posted:

Let's not count megas seperately.

- nonsensical list -

There's one-ofs for several types, and multiples for Fire, Fighting, Psychic, and Ghost.

Don't be obtuse. You can play as them, so they count. To pretend they aren't in the game is either dumb or willful misrepresentation.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm glad Croagunk is in even as a support Pokemon though.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Who cares this game won't even make it to evo

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

less laughter posted:

Don't be obtuse. You can play as them, so they count. To pretend they aren't in the game is either dumb or willful misrepresentation.

Are the megas actually separate character slots or mid-match transformations?

\/ - Then they don't count as separate characters.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 15, 2016

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

less laughter posted:

They're not ignoring them you dork they're just not counting them because they don't take up character slots and it just inflates the numbers anyway

EDIT: At it least it looks like they don't take up character slots since some places talk about a "resonance gauge" or whatever

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 15, 2016

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

TaurusOxford posted:

Are the megas actually separate character slots or mid-match transformations?

\/ - Then they don't count as separate characters.

Oh you're one of those guys who pretended Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard etc. didn't exist in Brawl either.

Color Printer posted:

They're not ignoring them you dork they're just not counting them because they don't take up character slots and it just inflates the numbers anyway

They're playable characters by the literal definition of the word playable. It's not even up for discussion.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It'd be cool if my favorite Gen 3 pokemon, Medicham, made it in. Or Breloom. Seems like a logical fit. Of course, so would Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Hitmontop, Sawk, Throh, and pretty much every other fighting type.

They should definitely put Snorlax in so he can be like Kuma!

EDIT: Tyranitar and Scizor too

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Snorlax would be too slow to be Kuma. Scyther needs to be in to rep bug mons.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Saoshyant posted:

Scyther needs to be in to rep bug mons.

Accelgor would be cool too. Badass ninja bug.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

everything that gets iron fist should be in pokken

specifically tho, pangoro should be in pokken

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
The game does need a bug and rock rep, so just add Crustle into the mix.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Thwack! posted:

The game does need a bug and rock rep, so just add Crustle into the mix.

Or Shuckle, the coolest Rock Bug

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It'd be cool if my favorite Gen 3 pokemon, Medicham, made it in. Or Breloom. Seems like a logical fit. Of course, so would Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Hitmontop, Sawk, Throh, and pretty much every other fighting type.

They should definitely put Snorlax in so he can be like Kuma!

EDIT: Tyranitar and Scizor too

uhhh if you want Kuma what about Ursaring?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

less laughter posted:

Oh you're one of those guys who pretended Zero Suit Samus, Sheik, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard etc. didn't exist in Brawl either.

They're super moves, when they expire you revert. All of those things were semi-permanent transformations. You can't just Be mega lucario permanently.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Pangoro should be in

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mabels big day posted:

uhhh if you want Kuma what about Ursaring?

way to pick the inferior bear

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The reason there are so many fire types is because this is a Tekken Pokemon game so someone's gotta get thrown into a volcano.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Manatee Cannon posted:

way to pick the inferior bear

this, although Pangoro would be cool too. What about Hariyama? There are too many Pokemon to choose from.

• Locked thread