Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Bruceski posted:

Are research probes just not nearly as common as mining ones, or am I looking for them in the wrong place? My ore generation is currently bigger than my storage space, so I may as well put my nodes into cash until more storage probes come along.

There are not nearly as many research probes as mining ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Are research probes just not nearly as common as mining ones, or am I looking for them in the wrong place? My ore generation is currently bigger than my storage space, so I may as well put my nodes into cash until more storage probes come along.

Mining Probes outnumber Research Probes like 5-1 for some reason despite Mining Probes being hard-limited by Storage Probes.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Ashsaber posted:

By the way, what was the Demiurge this time? I'm still trying to figure out the Gnosticism angle here.
The Ark itself, kinda. NLA society is set up as a materialism focused society obsessed with a decidedly un-gnostic form of afterlife in the form of returning to their meat bodies. Surprise, the mims had the human spirit all along and being body obsessed is shown to be harmful such as the various folks marytring their mims in exchange for a meat body that doesn't exist, or Lao's nihilism when faced with the truth.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Even in level 30/30/30/20 skells I can't make it through this fight in chapter 12. And it would take me like days to save up for a level 50 one. So, I dont know what I'm going to do now. Also, it seems to me like this Phoenix weapon sucks. It never does any damage!

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Even in level 30/30/30/20 skells I can't make it through this fight in chapter 12. And it would take me like days to save up for a level 50 one. So, I dont know what I'm going to do now. Also, it seems to me like this Phoenix weapon sucks. It never does any damage!

Probably need to research better probe placement. Should at least by flying a 50 yourself by this point in the game. The phoenix is decent but it's more of a farming weapon for killing trash mobs. It may be useful to do Affinity mission "Two Peas in a Pod" (after "A Day in the Life" if that hasn't been done yet) for a free level 30 Hexad-Partican superweapon.

Flying up inside the plant at the top of divine roost and burning all the adds surrounding Joker the Unknowable could also be useful for raising money (if selling the items) or maxing out class levels. If you can't kill Joker himself that's fine, just fly out of there and reset.

On an unrelated note: gently caress farming Deva Caladar Red Ears. I want to get off ultrafauna's wild ride.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jan 15, 2016

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Probably need to research better probe placement. Should at least by flying a 50 yourself by this point in the game. The phoenix is decent but it's more of a farming weapon for killing trash mobs. It may be useful to do Affinity mission "Two Peas in a Pod" (after "A Day in the Life" if that hasn't been done yet) for a free level 30 Hexad-Partican superweapon.

The problem is not only bad research placement i bet, but also i dont really have that many to start with. Not sure where I'm supposed to find them.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

The problem is not only bad research placement i bet, but also i dont really have that many to start with. Not sure where I'm supposed to find them.

Lot of mechanical container searching mostly. The only points that actually matter to put research probes on are points that have nearby sightseeing spots (revenue rating is irrelevant on these sites), and there's a juicy block of them in 313, 315, 317, and 318 that you may want to invest a booster/duper into. Also need to actually locate said sightseeing spots to activate the huge bonus that they give, but you can fly so that won't take all that much time, but said spots can also be about a full hex away from the actual site as well.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jan 15, 2016

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Lot of mechanical container searching mostly. The only points that actually matter to put research probes on are points that have nearby sightseeing spots (revenue rating is irrelevant on these sites), and there's a juicy block of them in 313, 315, 317, and 318 that you may want to invest a booster/duper into. Also need to actually locate said sightseeing spots to activate the huge bonus that they give, but you can fly so that won't take all that much time, but said spots can also be about a full hex away from the actual site as well.

The link from earlier in the thread (click on me and search my posts, I quoted it, can't find it otherwise myself) is really good. Changing stuff around based on that has netted me just under 40k. It would be more but I've already placed a lot of stuff in the "wrong" places and it's expensive moving it.

I really loving wish the level 5 mechanics quest would turn up, I want to get all the probe sites now thanks.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Taear posted:

The link from earlier in the thread (click on me and search my posts, I quoted it, can't find it otherwise myself) is really good. Changing stuff around based on that has netted me just under 40k. It would be more but I've already placed a lot of stuff in the "wrong" places and it's expensive moving it.

I really loving wish the level 5 mechanics quest would turn up, I want to get all the probe sites now thanks.

Well, I was sort of being a bit vague and not trying to repeat that guide verbatim but yeah, that works as well. If you have mech level 4, you just have to keep reloading the quest board until Off the Record show up near the top. Just close and reopen it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

On an unrelated note: gently caress farming Deva Caladar Red Ears. I want to get off ultrafauna's wild ride.
yeah just ticket those. Time Trials are so bad that people have been hacking them. Look at the top times, they hack the armor in the same way you do it in Dragon's Dogma. Once you have Super Armor you do Time Trial, you then have time trial give you whatever specific loot that you want and how much you want. The Time Trail files are technically DLC, so people re-write the files in the same manner as custom quests in Monster Hunter.

Also breaking poo poo and treasure sensor does nothing in the time trials. Loot is entirely random.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

yeah just ticket those. Time Trials are so bad that people have been hacking them. Look at the top times, they hack the armor in the same way you do it in Dragon's Dogma. Once you have Super Armor you do Time Trial, you then have time trial give you whatever specific loot that you want and how much you want. The Time Trail files are technically DLC, so people re-write the files in the same manner as custom quests in Monster Hunter.

Also breaking poo poo and treasure sensor does nothing in the time trials. Loot is entirely random.

I would do that if I had the tickets. I still need about 17,000 tickets worth of the things. So I'm sort of stuck spinning the roulette wheel for most of them.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Save up for a level 50 skell. Doesn't even have to be the best one. It'll have better accuracy so you'll hit stuff. I had to reload my save on the last fight too because I lost my skells because I was completely stupid about the shield sphere and didn't realize I had to kill it until after all my allies' skells had been destroyed and by that point, stupid god mech had gotten over half his life back. If you lose your skells to the final final boss, it's ok because he's beatable on foot if hard if you haven't figured out a good build.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

So I hit a brick wall on those two Sphinxes in Elma's last Affinity mission, even after the game de-levelled them for me, so I decided "gently caress this. I'ma gonna finish farming myself up an Ares!"

So I did and OH. MY. GOD. I didn't think the power jump from a tricked out lv 50 Amdusias to the Ares would be that drastic BUT IT WAS. One-shot insta killed both of 'em, and I didn't even set any Augments! I think I'm in love...

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

So I hit a brick wall on those two Sphinxes in Elma's last Affinity mission, even after the game de-levelled them for me, so I decided "gently caress this. I'ma gonna finish farming myself up an Ares!"

So I did and OH. MY. GOD. I didn't think the power jump from a tricked out lv 50 Amdusias to the Ares would be that drastic BUT IT WAS. One-shot insta killed both of 'em, and I didn't even set any Augments! I think I'm in love...

I didn't have too much trouble with them after slapping some hams on my 50 amdusias' stuff so that I could, you know, actually hit them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chumbler posted:

I didn't have too much trouble with them after slapping some hams on my 50 amdusias' stuff so that I could, you know, actually hit them.

All you need is to focus-fire on each one in turn and they'll go down fairly fast. An Excavator's good enough to do the job too.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
Farming Joker for cash should return around 80~100k each time, more if you get multiple lvl 60 drops as the sell price on those is a rather large jump from the non-60 stuff. Just make sure to load your party up with C&C treasure hunter gear so that everything actually coughs up a weapon. If you have trouble killing the Blatta hordes in a lvl 30 bot, load up on insect slayer mods, they're practically free.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

All you need is to focus-fire on each one in turn and they'll go down fairly fast. An Excavator's good enough to do the job too.

I was :stare: at those too, but I had an Excavator so I guess that made the difference? It wasn't even close, despite the level difference.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Alxprit posted:

I was :stare: at those too, but I had an Excavator so I guess that made the difference? It wasn't even close, despite the level difference.

The E-Scythe is good enough to do the job if you don't have a G-Buster, just remember to attack from behind with it and stack your Melee Accuracy Augments across the entire party so you don't whiff your hits.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ideas for improvements should we get a sequel in the same vein (Xenoblade Chronicles Y?). Little niggling things.
--Ability to adjust music volume relative to other audio. I get it, you can't hear or see me.
--Fashion gear having "empty" as an option aside from "what's actually being worn." A tank top and jeans looks weird with two armored fists, and I'd like only *some* of my characters to have no helmets.
--Collect-o-pedia and enemy index saying where to find things once you've seen them. "Wandering around the Twin Arches" instead of just "Oblivia" for example. Make those things actually useful.
--The ability to take notes in-game. The number of times I've gotten a new treasure rank or a few levels and try to remember the places I found that I want to head back to... not to mention all the caves scattered about.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Bruceski posted:

Ideas for improvements should we get a sequel in the same vein (Xenoblade Chronicles Y?). Little niggling things.
--Ability to adjust music volume relative to other audio. I get it, you can't hear or see me.
--Fashion gear having "empty" as an option aside from "what's actually being worn." A tank top and jeans looks weird with two armored fists, and I'd like only *some* of my characters to have no helmets.
--Collect-o-pedia and enemy index saying where to find things once you've seen them. "Wandering around the Twin Arches" instead of just "Oblivia" for example. Make those things actually useful.
--The ability to take notes in-game. The number of times I've gotten a new treasure rank or a few levels and try to remember the places I found that I want to head back to... not to mention all the caves scattered about.

Make it so the treasures on the map update to say that you've seen them, so once you get there it gets a big blue tick. That's actually possible in the engine now too. It wouldn't be perfect but it's a step forward.
Just make every enemy appear to track. I don't really see why they shouldn't do. It tends to be quests where it's X "Monster or others" that don't.

And put in "Hide helmets". I have Lin and Elma in gear that doesn't have helmets just so it stops cut scenes looking dumb as hell. Why isn't it an option?!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
There's actually a general "Hide Helmets" option in the settings menu, but it applies to all party members.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Yeah, but then L wouldn't have a bunny nose.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's actually a general "Hide Helmets" option in the settings menu, but it applies to all party members.

Yea I want to keep mine. My main character looks atrocious. Alas.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

If you want more or less bare arms, you should look into buying diving bands or something similar. Still a small bracelet but it mostly achieves the desired look.

Also yeah, never bothered to turn on hide helmets because that would probably end up hiding all types of head accessories you can use in place of one. I know I have to always keep an accessory on my character to keep up my character's look of being a bootleg copy of a character from another game.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Taear posted:

Yea I want to keep mine. My main character looks atrocious. Alas.

Give them one of the C&C helmets for glamour, the light one I think. Barely visible.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Just use the headsets, that's what they're there for. Most of the girl's hairstyles are long enough to outright hide it too.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Bruceski posted:

Yeah, but then L wouldn't have a bunny nose.

I put Lin in sunglasses that cover her plastic doll eyes first chance I got and it made her look about a million times less creepy and dumb in cutscenes. Highly recommended.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Once I got the heart sunglasses, they never left my face.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sam Faust posted:

Once I got the heart sunglasses, they never left my face.

I put those on Elma to match her standard outfit. It might just be me, but combined with her normally-calm dialogue it came off like she just gave no shits about anything :allears:.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I put those on Elma to match her standard outfit. It might just be me, but combined with her normally-calm dialogue it came off like she just gave no shits about anything :allears:.

I've got them on Elma too but I have her wearing the white formal suit thing that kinda looks like Elly's outfit if you squint at it. I don't think I'll ever change her out of that ensemble.

Weren't there supposed to be outfits that looked like what previous Xeno characters wore, or did I misread something? Actually now that I think of it I could turn Yelv into a passable Bart, I should go do that.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

So people have beaten this game, right? Are there any spoilers for the regular Xenoblade Chronicles in it, like late-game stuff is connected to Big Secrets? I'm in a playthrough of Chronicles with a friend, and I want to get this game ASAP, but I also don't want to ruin Big Awesome Moments in the first game if I can avoid it. I searched online, but all I could find was "we don't know if it's going to have spoilers yet or not," which isn't especially helpful.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

John Lee posted:

So people have beaten this game, right? Are there any spoilers for the regular Xenoblade Chronicles in it, like late-game stuff is connected to Big Secrets? I'm in a playthrough of Chronicles with a friend, and I want to get this game ASAP, but I also don't want to ruin Big Awesome Moments in the first game if I can avoid it. I searched online, but all I could find was "we don't know if it's going to have spoilers yet or not," which isn't especially helpful.

X has absolutely nothing to do with the original.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Whew. I just wanted to make sure nothing happened in the game where they casually mentioned, like "You know, when the ancient hero Shulk became the Mechonis and created the galaxy out of the primordial ocean..." or something. Thanks for the info.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

John Lee posted:

Whew. I just wanted to make sure nothing happened in the game where they casually mentioned, like "You know, when the ancient hero Shulk became the Mechonis and created the galaxy out of the primordial ocean..." or something. Thanks for the info.

There's a couple of reference and one usage of the term humans were called in the original game followed by a literal wink at the camera

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

About to hit level 50, and I've got about 2.5 million credits. Should I bother saving up for the most expensive one, or should I just get the higher level one so I get beat stuff up more good?

Further, what's the best way to get money in this game? I'm not well-equipped enough to farm Joker yet.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Calaveron posted:

There's a couple of reference and one usage of the term humans were called in the original game followed by a literal wink at the camera

Also Tatsu mentions the village from the first game!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Not a Children posted:

About to hit level 50, and I've got about 2.5 million credits. Should I bother saving up for the most expensive one, or should I just get the higher level one so I get beat stuff up more good?

Further, what's the best way to get money in this game?

Your income's always going to be Research Probes. Get yourself a Level 50 Amdusias, or go right for a Level 60 Excavator from doing Alexa's Affinity Missions.

Taear posted:

Also Tatsu mentions the village from the first game!

As an old, old, legendary place of myth rather than "oh hey, it's on the next continent over", just to clarify.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

This talk about stylish clothing made me want to update my look.

I am looking goooood now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

This talk about stylish clothing made me want to update my look.

I am looking goooood now.

Oh man what is that mask! I wanna look like a Wonderful One! :allears:

• Locked thread