Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Terrible Horse posted:

I kinda agreed with her idea of nerfing mana rocks but I'm watching Nummy too and monoR is wide open and unbeatable right now.

I thought I was losing my mind BC it looked like he drafted the same deck almost three times in a row while triple queuing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

mcmagic posted:

I'm pretty sure they will make changes. They like shaking things up before the Modern Pro Tour.

This feels exactly like the last time something got banned where basically every pro player and analyst was saying "this is getting banned."

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

Melissa deTora has a really funny article about why she ruined the Cube for no reason.

you should link it, cause i can't seem to find it

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

mandatory lesbian posted:

http://magic.wizards.com/en/MTGO/articles/archive/magic-online/legacy-cube-updates-2015-01-04

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Literally the first Google result for Melissa DeTora Legacy Cube

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

i did the google search first and it didn't show up for me....

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
like it gave me her twitter and an article from 2014 with her talking to frank lepore or something, this article doesn't show up at all dude

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

like it gave me her twitter and an article from 2014 with her talking to frank lepore or something, this article doesn't show up at all dude

actually it does, don't worry that you're bad at google

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Melissa+DeTora+Legacy+Cube

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
*jerks off to own ability to type keywords into search bar*

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

The first result for me there is a facebook post and then a twitter post.

it's almost like google results are personalized and they might be slightly different based on whatever file Google has on you at their skynet headquarters and you don't need to be a pedantic prick when someones results aren't exactly the same as yours.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Ciprian Maricon posted:

you don't need to be a pedantic prick

What's the point of posting on this website then?

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Ciprian Maricon posted:

The first result for me there is a facebook post and then a twitter post.

it's almost like google results are personalized and they might be slightly different based on whatever file Google has on you at their skynet headquarters and you don't need to be a pedantic prick when someones results aren't exactly the same as yours.

lol, tgif

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Why is Carrier Thrall in the Legacy Cube? That card is not powerful enough to see play in BFZ draft - it definitely doesn't have the power level to match other cards and has very little synergy with anything else I'm seeing.
It looks like they're trying to add an aristocrats theme, but it seems hard to actually find cards that are strong enough to support it. Carrier Thrall seems weird though, even something like Nest Invader would probably be better.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

MiddleEastBeast posted:

actually it does, don't worry that you're bad at google

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Melissa+DeTora+Legacy+Cube

yes thank you for linking this thing i already did that doesn't show the article wow this whole convo is gay as hell what am i doing

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Irony Be My Shield posted:

It looks like they're trying to add an aristocrats theme, but it seems hard to actually find cards that are strong enough to support it. Carrier Thrall seems weird though, even something like Nest Invader would probably be better.

Based on her comments I'm assuming they were looking at Red-Black for Aristocrats. And at least Carrier Thrall seems better than High Market :psyduck:

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Nah the cube changes are good and make Legacy cube more balanced and distinct from Vintage cube.

No Friend of Gravity
Feb 24, 2006

Goblin Bombardment is a bonkers card for mono-R and the rest of the outlets are underwhelming. It's hard to support synergy in a singleton format, though I like the idea of B devotion. You get burned hard if it doesn't come together though.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Same. Must be cuz I use twitter often enough. Speaking of which, whatever happened with the wolf of wall street magic finance twitter? Or the dack fayden twitter? They seem to be dead now.

E: nvm, dack fayden made one tweet about the new sharpie rules the other day. Still no mtg finance tweets though. :ohdear:

E: trying this out ok so apparently it's just the url to the specific tweet and not the embed function from twitter
https://twitter.com/MtGFinanceWolf/status/647361125781270528

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jan 15, 2016

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Chill la Chill posted:

Same. Must be cuz I use twitter often enough. Speaking of which, whatever happened with the wolf of wall street magic finance twitter? Or the dack fayden twitter? They seem to be dead now.

E: nvm, dack fayden made one tweet about the new sharpie rules the other day. Still no mtg finance tweets though. :ohdear:

if there is funny magic stuff on twitter please embed them into this thread tia

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
is there a tldr version of the lrcast that just highlights about the high impact limited cards of the set

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

dragon enthusiast posted:

is there a tldr version of the lrcast that just highlights about the high impact limited cards of the set

No but there should be.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Lancelot posted:

if there is funny magic stuff on twitter please embed them into this thread tia

https://twitter.com/MishrasFotoshop/status/686704349821689857

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

The subreddit probably makes a spreadsheet or something, right?

I like listening to the whole thing, but I can't really do it at work since I need to actually think at work.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
If you aren't reading Jadine Klomparens's writing, you're missing out. Here's today's: The Art of Doing Nothing

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
There's LSV's set review articles on CFB. Those are probably the closest thing to a cliff notes version of the LR set review episode.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

idk how helpful it would be, since a lot of what LR is about is thoughtfully examining how cards interact with other cards in set and how they situationally change in value and priority as you pick other cards. you could just go to LSV's set reviews on CFB and ctrl-f "bomb" i guess

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

odiv posted:

The subreddit probably makes a spreadsheet or something, right?

I like listening to the whole thing, but I can't really do it at work since I need to actually think at work.

This is probably the closest thing that someone has made: http://mtgprimer.com/oath-of-the-gatewatch/instants

There's also a card rating survey that r/lrcast does but I would not trust their popular opinion very much.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

My friend's in Japan for a couple weeks and he's asking if I wanted anything. Anyone remember the name of those sweet anime sleeves that has a guy casually unbuttoning his shirt?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Chill la Chill posted:

My friend's in Japan for a couple weeks and he's asking if I wanted anything. Anyone remember the name of those sweet anime sleeves that has a guy casually unbuttoning his shirt?

Don't know the sleeves specifically, but the meme/joke is called "yaranaika" IIRC.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Serperoth posted:

Don't know the sleeves specifically, but the meme/joke is called "yaranaika" IIRC.

Thank you. I hope they still make them. If there are any other similar sleeves I could use for trolling/ironic/unironic purposes, I'd like to know.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Someone stop me from making a Trick Jarrett parody twitter.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Snacksmaniac posted:

Why would we stop you? That sounds amazing.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jan 15, 2016

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Snacksmaniac posted:

Unauthorized reproduction of our employees are a type of counterfeit...

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Snacksmaniac posted:

Please don't abandon it like wolf of mtgfinance thanks.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

little munchkin posted:

Unauthorized reproduction of our employees are a type of counterfeit...

The avatar should be a basic land with "Trick Jarrett" Sharpied on it.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Snacksmaniac posted:

There is nothing you could do that is worse than the actual thing.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Chill la Chill posted:

Jojos sleeves.

Snacksmaniac posted:

Sharpied Trick Jarrett Playtest Tweets

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Archenteron posted:

Sharpied Trick Jarrett Playtest Tweets

Doesn't fit. Will have to be Proxy Trick Jarrett

Email submission to therealtrick420@gmail.com

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2

Snacksmaniac posted:

Doesn't fit. Will have to be Proxy Trick Jarrett

Email submission to therealtrick420@gmail.com

Awesome. Intellectual Property and Mismanaged PR Puppetry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Nibble posted:

Based on her comments I'm assuming they were looking at Red-Black for Aristocrats. And at least Carrier Thrall seems better than High Market :psyduck:

I was about to defend High Market, since gaining life equal to the toughness of a sacrificed creature at no additional mana cost is actually pretty good, but then I remembered that was Diamond Valley and that High Market gains 1 life and is worthless.

whydirt posted:

Nah the cube changes are good and make Legacy cube more balanced and distinct from Vintage cube.

Jace, the Mind Sculptor, Treachery, and the Splinter Twin combo exist alongside Carrier Thrall and a ton of lovely white aggro stuff. Why is Archangel of Thune in the cube if there's no actual combos with it? Do I really want to be playing a 5 mana 3/4 that needs to attack a few times to actually pay me off, while my opponent is reanimating Grave Titan or assembling Pestermite/Splinter Twin, or just burning me the gently caress out before turn 5 even comes? Archangel just seems worse than any of the white four drops. Why not just put in all the Soul Sisters garbage if you're going to put in a terrible white archetype? At least Soul Sisters is fun.

The cube is excessively imbalanced - there are good archetypes, and there are horrible ones. I don't think the table can all be on good archetypes, so you need to hope at least one of the people in your pod wants to play White Weenie, hope at least two people force mono-red to cannibalize eachother (unless it's deep enough for two) and then figure out which of Blue Control/Twin/Reanimator/Green Ramp are open for your seat.

• Locked thread