Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Oblivion590 posted:

That's the same as LLSIF for C < 200. See below (all division is integer division):

Bond = Sum for all C: C/10 + 4*(C/50) + 5*(C/100) + (C-200)/10 - (C-200)/50

i.e. 1 per 10, except 2 per 10 above 200, except 5 per 50, except 10 per 100

I just got it for the range [200,499], so I should probably see if the formula still holds, though it doesn't seem to be summed over all C, just highest C, I think.

edit: Well, golly, it does match up perfectly. So the only difference is just that GF Note only takes highest combo, it would seem.

graybook fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jan 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Awwww yeah my gambit paid off. I was at like 125,000 or something so I spent a stone to level up and managed to get within 120,000, which meant I got 1 more Loveca stone from the event reward. So I broke even on stones and gained a level. Whoot whoot.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

And I did a BiBi draw, with great results!

Hey I pulled that same UR Maki, though it was my first copy of it (and the first pulled UR on that account). So both my main EN and my main JP account have two UR each, which is cool.
I'm at the play level where I can usually clear EX songs (Sunny Day Song and Sore wa Bokutachi no Kiseki can die, and I haven't tried BiA or Soldier Game) and Hard songs are moving too slow so I anticipate the hit and get a bad/good.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Sunny Day Song is fun, because, while I know I've gotten better at this game, SDS makes me feel it. Bunch of notes go by, I don't know what just happened, but my combo's still going, so good enough! Not that I've FC'd it.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Sore wa Bokutachi no Kiseki is pretty tricky though. I definitely have trouble with that.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Sunny Day Song is fun, because, while I know I've gotten better at this game, SDS makes me feel it. Bunch of notes go by, I don't know what just happened, but my combo's still going, so good enough! Not that I've FC'd it.

Haven't played this one on EX yet. I'll wait for it to roll around and promptly waste 25 lp on it.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Sunny Day Song always gets me hyped. I've yet to get a high combo in it though.

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.
Sunny Day Song has a really fun beatmap. Someday I'll Full Combo that sucker.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Anemone Heart Hard FC'd! That's all B-Side hard songs (that are currently available today) finally FC'd (in the Japanese version)! Now I can fully focus on EX versions of songs!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I don't think I'll ever FC spicy EX songs.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Nawatobi excepted, of course. Then again, I used to think the same for B-Side Hard songs, and later EX, so who knows.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Nawatobi excepted, of course. Then again, I used to think the same for B-Side Hard songs, and later EX, so who knows.

Honestly, the B-Side Hard songs aren't too bad for the most part. They just always have one little section that'll throw me off securing me a B-combo, or they have a bunch of hold notes that are slightly out of sync with each other. Haven't tried the EX versions too much other than to complete them for a loveca, so my only impression of them is that they're really fast, and having lots of healing idols help.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Healers help to pass, but not to FC. Soldier Game, Glass no Hanazono, and maybe one or two others are the only EX songs I'm in any danger of failing if I'm sober, so healer teams are generally unnecessary, and perfect lock teams just make it more likely that one will FC a song one is already pretty good at, and I don't care enough to bother, so they'll likely stay as they are for now, S/B or S/C.

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.
So I got my friend into SIF and she's only level 13, but she decided to roll for the Nozomi and ended up getting a UR Eri. I'm so salty right now. I didn't get my first UR till like level 100.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Apathetic Panda posted:

So I got my friend into SIF and she's only level 13, but she decided to roll for the Nozomi and ended up getting a UR Eri. I'm so salty right now. I didn't get my first UR till like level 100.

This is the curse of "getting a friend into (rhythm) mobage". They will ALWAYS have better luck than you at pulls. Always.

Always.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I don't think I'll ever FC spicy EX songs.

I would dare to say if you worked at it a bit more, Anemone Heart EX is the easiest of the 11-stars. At least for me, that song's EX beatmap is one where you can get in the zone, so to speak, and really latch on to the odd rhythm.
I feel like the second rotation of B-side EX have slightly odder rhythm quirks to their beatmaps, but for that, are way easier to get (to an extent) than the first rotation.

Except Beat in Angel.

Also I still have difficulty from time to time passing SolGe EX and Otomeshiki EX. Otomeshiki EX is hell.

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

There's a new Aria game on Android this week. So far it's very pleasant. The music is mostly BGM from the series with an emphasis on holds and slides. The card management bits are streamlined and take less input than other games like this. I noticed a dressup option like GF♪ but haven't come across any new clothes to try it yet.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
aw goddammit no why did i stupidly get only a 16gb phone

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Gonna be honest, not impressed by the Aria game.

Rhythm gameplay feels choppy, with the notes moving as smooth as icons from a 2007 Christian rock Guitar Hero knockoff.
You also don't tap the point where the note intersects with the detection zone, but a piano key-ish area on the bottom of the screen.
Menu UI animations are basically non-existent.

Menu character animations, however, are handled by that Live2D stuff, but the mouth movements don't seem to match up.

I'll give it a little more time but ehhhh.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

Gonna be honest, not impressed by the Aria game.

Rhythm gameplay feels choppy, with the notes moving as smooth as icons from a 2007 Christian rock Guitar Hero knockoff.
You also don't tap the point where the note intersects with the detection zone, but a piano key-ish area on the bottom of the screen.

These things sound pretty fatal to me, unless the game is mainly easy

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Polsy posted:

These things sound pretty fatal to me, unless the game is mainly easy

I'll give it some more effort tonight so that I get a feel for how hard it can get, but otherwise it feels like I'm playing some kind of quick-buck bootleg.

Neutral comparative notes on gameplay: notes travel from the top offscreen. Note types are like starlight stage, and card attributes actually seem to indicate what types of notes get score boosts (swipe, hold, tap). Units are only 3 cards though.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
I cleared Soldier Game EX this morning (while half asleep in a dark room) for the first time, so I guess I shouldn't be worried about clearing other daily EX songs except Beat in Angel, which I have tried and didn't survive the intro.

graybook posted:

This is the curse of "getting a friend into (rhythm) mobage". They will ALWAYS have better luck than you at pulls. Always.

Always.
Or you have some side accounts for shiggles, and all your good pulls end up there, and you're conflicted on making them your main.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
That's why I don't want to play on any other SIF versions.

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.

graybook posted:

That's why I don't want to play on any other SIF versions.

The Japanese version made me mad for that reason. I started it like 2 months ago and already have the same amount of URs on the EN account that I've been playing for well over a year.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

I'm a f2p with 15 URs. Bless Japan.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
F2P with no URs in EN or JP, despite having had the accounts for like a year and a half.

1 UR on my very first 10+1 pull on my KR account which I only started because I had a Promo code from the movie.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Make sure to login to SIF for your 5
gems for worst idol's birthday.

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.
Scuse you, Hanayo is best girl.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Apathetic Panda posted:

Scuse you, Hanayo is best girl.

Official Subjective Love Live Tier Ranking by Zep
S Tier: Umi, Rin, Nico
A Tier: Maki, Eli, Nozomi
B Tier: Kotori
C Tier: Hanayo, Honoka

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I'm going to live through this thread's collective rolls so that I can experience everything to the full potential

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm hoping I can make it to 500 Lovecas by the Final Live.

I have like 390 so far so I think I can.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Unacceptable slanderous poo poo from Donald Trump.

quote:

Trump claims that he is Honoka, describing himself as a “boisterous, strong-headed, naturally-born leader who will somehow be elected President.” He went on to attack Jeb Bush as “more of an Umi, who you’d think would be the one in charge but who doesn’t have the stomach for it.”

quote:

“What? Oh, I’m Miki Hoshii,” Carson responds. When prompted by the confused moderator, Carson apologized for falling asleep.

quote:

9:50 p.m.: Rubio is asked a foreign policy question, but declines to answer and instead resumes talking about Love Live. The Florida senator claims that he is Kotori — “kind of boring, but inoffensive enough and cute enough to clearly be the right choice.”

“Mr. Cruz on the other hand is clearly Nico, a conniving rear end in a top hat who’ll do anything to get what he wants.”

9:59 p.m.: The Republican-leaning crowd boos the mention of Yazawa Nico’s name. Cruz objects, claiming that Nico is more fitting of Rand Paul.

quote:

10:31 p.m.: The candidates continue to argue about idols for approximately 40 more minutes, invariably claiming that the idol they identify as are the best. As no one noticed John Kasich was even on the stage, it was decided he was Rin.

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Official Subjective Love Live Tier Ranking by Zep
S Tier: Umi, Rin, Nico
A Tier: Maki, Eli, Nozomi
B Tier: Kotori
C Tier: Hanayo, Honoka

Hey I may be the only one who favors Hanayo, but I'll die on that hill damnit!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Apathetic Panda posted:

Hey I may be the only one who favors Hanayo, but I'll die on that hill damnit!

Dying defending your anime school idol's honor is a worthy and honorable hill to die on.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Nico is of course tops for me but a lot of the others are fluid.

But in terms of voice it's fairly easy

S tier: Umi
A tier: Eli
B tier: Maki, Rin
C tier: Hanayo, Nico
Squeak squeak tier: Kotori
Nasal tier: Nozomi

Also that article is hilarious because of the Carson bit.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Nozomi is the best girl with the worst voice. The struggle :negative:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

imagine if idols were real in real llife

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

Milli posted:

Nozomi is the best girl with the worst voice. The struggle :negative:

Meanwhile Rin is the worst girl with the best voice.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

KariOhki posted:

Meanwhile Rin is the worst girl with the best voice.

:yeah:

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

pandaK posted:

imagine if idols were real in real llife

The impossible dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
In the official VEGETA Best Love Live poll, I believe Kenshiro won. Nico was second, with about half the remaining votes.