Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I have 31 amiibo on my desk and they are all my friends.

Especially R.O.B., who is your Robotic Operating Buddy.

I wish I had a desk as big as yours. I think I have at least that much and I'm running out of space on the shelf I put mine on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I cleared out some space on top of my dresser to make room for them. I was gonna hang up a shelf to put them on but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYespfZgeWQ

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i have a chibi-robo amiibo and it is about the same size a chibi-robo would be irl and i find that pleasing

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jan 15, 2016

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

On my desk I currently have the Pile of Unread Mail amiibo and the ones from the Dirty Coffee Cups 3-pack.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I've got 2 amiibo I hope this helps.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
My biggest problem is that I don't really want the amiibo themselves. Because I have no soul.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I love that R.O.B.'s amiibo is a functional version of what the original R.O.B. was supposed to be.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

they should make a ROB amiibo, but with actual robot buddy functionality. an homage to the classic, original ROB.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
How are people playing Spirit Tracks on the Wii U? I can't find it in the store

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Alec Eiffel posted:

How are people playing Spirit Tracks on the Wii U? I can't find it in the store

It's out in Europe, not America yet.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

They can do it by living in Europe/Australia.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

ChaosArgate posted:

They can do it by living in Europe/Australia.

God drat you; and your sometimes, occasionally getting things the US doesn't. It's so unfair.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Spirit Tracks is a dumpster fire anyway, don't feel too bad about it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Spirit Tracks is much more fun + has a way better soundtrack than most dumpster fires

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I'll only grant you the second part of that claim. :colbert:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

How many dumpster fires have you caused to use it as a basis of comparison?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

RyokoTK posted:

Spirit Tracks is a dumpster fire anyway, don't feel too bad about it.

It had better dungeons than twilight princess

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Is Spirit Tracks as insulting as Phantom Hourglass was? I had no interest in Spirit Tracks when it came out after Phantom Hourglass soured me on that style of Zelda. Treated me like I was retarded and I swear it had like two total music tracks in it. Felt like basically zero effort went into it. I feel like I spent the entire game listening to this super basic poo poo right here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjRxMqAak4s

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

whaley posted:

Is Spirit Tracks as insulting as Phantom Hourglass was? I had no interest in Spirit Tracks when it came out after Phantom Hourglass soured me on that style of Zelda. Treated me like I was retarded and I swear it had like two total music tracks in it. Felt like basically zero effort went into it. I feel like I spent the entire game listening to this super basic poo poo right here.

Spirit tracks was kinda fun, but its gimmick wore thin after a while.

Like, as somebody who fuckin loved boating around the world in Wind Waker: I liked getting around by train. That in itself was kind of novel and chill, and had nice music. I fuckin hated when an enemy train popped up and you had to like train dogfight them in kind of a low-grade pacman on rails, though. It was a surefire way to harsh my buzz every time.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Looper posted:

It had better dungeons than twilight princess

I wouldn't recommend Twilight Princess either, or really any Zelda game made between The Wind Waker The Minish Cap and A Link Between Worlds.

e:

whaley posted:

Spirit Tracks is fundamentally similar, but the overworld is complete garbage. You're on a train, so there's no exploration really because it's literally on rails :v: and the combat on the train is hideously bad. The one advantage it has is that the music is definitely better; the overworld theme is one of the best.

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jan 15, 2016

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Spirit Tracks is basically the same as Phantom Hourglass but with an obscenely worse overworld. At least with PH you could warp to any quadrant at will and could go from point A to point B within them in a relatively straight line. With ST instead you can only warp by trudging your dinky little train along at a snail's pace to specific locations on the tracks, all the while avoiding instant death trains that prowl everywhere. As a result it takes an eternity to go anywhere in the world.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Oh yeah I forgot that the doom trains actually would instantly kill you, what a great idea in a Zelda game.

The actual dungeoning and stuff with the stylus is fine I guess, but it's not really great and I feel like the design of the dungeons was just overly simplistic. I couldn't really get into it, but it wasn't overly bad.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The overworld becomes infinitely better if you get the skull engine so you can autotune whistle along with the overworld music

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

Spirit Tracks is much more fun + has a way better soundtrack than most dumpster fires

Only by default

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i have a chibi-robo amiibo and it is about the same size a chibi-robo would be irl and i find that pleasing

chibi-robo is generally pleasing, i've found

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

absolutely anything posted:

chibi-robo is generally pleasing, i've found

You didn't play the game that came with the amiibo, did you?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't really get the point of the wheel to switch the next stage, but other than that I really like it. Plus I never actually missed on the wheel anyway.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I didn't like much about it at all - it's slow, it doesn't run especially well, very few of the levels are challenging, all the non-platforming stuff is terrible and it's the first game I've played where I felt they were gimping players who didn't buy the amiibo.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
good thing jivjov won't be gimped

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

greatn posted:

I don't really get the point of the wheel to switch the next stage, but other than that I really like it. Plus I never actually missed on the wheel anyway.

I liked it too but it was stupid to turn such a unique game series into just another platformer.

Is the Shovel Knight amiibo rare? Does it do anything other then co-op?

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 16, 2016

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I don't know if the Shovel Knight amiibo is rare but I've heard they're not stocking many copies per store.

It adds co-op, extra challenge stages and "Custom Knight" which lets you level up your character to unlock a bunch of new wacky/broken relics, character customisation options including weird emotes and other stuff; that data saves to the amiibo so you can use it across Wii U/3DS or take it to a friend's house or whatever.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
They also made it so you can scan the amiibo from inside the box. Which I don't get why you wouldn't want to properly display them on your shelf or desk like a toy figure should, but I think it's cool Yacht Club Games did that nonetheless

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Thanks and that's pretty cool. Obscure characters continue to be the best amiibos.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
did u guys see that obama has amiibos

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'll end the amiibo discussion once and for all. If you like amiibo, cool. If you don't, cool. If you whine about them: frigg off. :boom:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
gently caress taylor swift, personally

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

noirstronaut posted:

gently caress taylor swift, personally

What the gently caress gently caress you buddy

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I didn't like much about it at all - it's slow, it doesn't run especially well, very few of the levels are challenging, all the non-platforming stuff is terrible and it's the first game I've played where I felt they were gimping players who didn't buy the amiibo.

It feels like the most generic low budget platformer ever, but it's from Nintendo so that makes it even more disappointing. And the product placement stuff is just weird. The Amiibo is real cute though!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Surlaw posted:

It feels like the most generic low budget platformer ever, but it's from Nintendo so that makes it even more disappointing. And the product placement stuff is just weird. The Amiibo is real cute though!!

The product placement feels close to the way they did it in Pikmin 2. And most of the products were exotic foreign snacks. I liked the game. Get it cheap.

• Locked thread