Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Also this is the best news:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fox-greenlights-prison-break-event-856203

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Aphrodite posted:

Lots of places don't care because they're the vendor in either case. Bestbuy even straight up has a page telling you what fake billing address to use if you want to buy on .com with a card from outside the US.

Anything dealing with licensing though usually has to at a bare minimum require you to have a valid payment method for that country. Even if it's just a gift card.

It's different over here as a lot of places won't accept an order unless the billing and shipping addresses match for the first time, or at least make you verify it. It's a nice bit of security that doesn't cause too many headaches.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

At this point only President Trump can stop Ryan Murphy's crimes against humanity.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That show produced a funny Ariana Grande gif that I saw so on balance it's a positive thing in my life.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

smg77 posted:

At this point only President Trump can stop Ryan Murphy's crimes against humanity.

Screrm Queens

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I only watched a single season of American Horror Story how did he gently caress it up

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lady Naga posted:

I only watched a single season of American Horror Story how did he gently caress it up

Well every single season is terrible, but Asylum is the least terrible. I know this doesn't really answer your question, I just hate that garbage show and can't believe I watched so much of it.

Fortunately I'm watching Justified again :swoon:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I liked the guy jerking off alone in a room completely naked (?)

that was fun

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

yeah. this was a necessary reboot. there were so many unanswered questions i had about loving prison break. there was so little prison break available that demanded, no required, a continuation of the grand narrative

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Toxxupation posted:

yeah. this was a necessary reboot. there were so many unanswered questions i had about loving prison break. there was so little prison break available that demanded, no required, a continuation of the grand narrative

I'm glad you agree.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

I mean, casting a good, charismatic, actor as the lead might help.

Oh, when you said reboot, I thought you meant reboot.

Wentworth Miller is back, so...

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I'm OK with T-Bag being back in my life.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Did I misremember that part of Horror Story or was there really a guy that masturbated alone in a room while naked. I think he was standing up too.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lady Naga posted:

Did I misremember that part of Horror Story or was there really a guy that masturbated alone in a room while naked. I think he was standing up too.

Almost certainly.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I feel really bad that I had to look this up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OjSiaso1IQ
lmao it's just as good as I remember it AHS is great.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

prison break was and is a trash garbage show, even in the much-vaunted season one. the only reason why it was appealing was because it had a truly insane amount of twists and turns, especially for the time period it aired, and cast a bunch of people "notable" for being totally unknown character actors as main cast (so had some really stellar acting performances)

as a show, it was and is trash, far before the "bad" season three, "horrible" season four, or "Absolutely worthless" tv movie

that poo poo doesn't fuckin hold up at all and literally everything schuering has done since the end of it makes it crystal clear he's a bad writer who was gifted an impressive cast that was able to sell his dumb fuckin' bullshit

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWUOcTIgI18

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

prison break was and is a trash garbage show, even in the much-vaunted season one. the only reason why it was appealing was because it had a truly insane amount of twists and turns, especially for the time period it aired, and cast a bunch of people "notable" for being totally unknown character actors as main cast (so had some really stellar acting performances)

as a show, it was and is trash, far before the "bad" season three, "horrible" season four, or "Absolutely worthless" tv movie

that poo poo doesn't fuckin hold up at all and literally everything schuering has done since the end of it makes it crystal clear he's a bad writer who was gifted an impressive cast that was able to sell his dumb fuckin' bullshit

I liked seasons 1 & 2, but agree with everything else you said.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Probably the best use of a song ever. Man, the second and third seasons of Moral Orel were so good. Like the flashback episodes that showed how Orel's parents got so screwed up.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

I feel really bad that I had to look this up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OjSiaso1IQ
lmao it's just as good as I remember it AHS is great.

There's a scene in the Freak Show season where Angela Bassett says "I'm gonna cut yo dick off" with a really funny timbre in her voice and sometimes I'll think of it and it will make me laugh.

American Horror Story would be much better if they let go of trying to do seasonal arc and just went full on anti-plot, series of loving weird events among weird characters in a weird setting. The show does that poo poo right, but every single time a story wrapped up in Freak Show or Coven, I just remember think "Wait, what? Really? That's it?" It never seemed planned, just crazy set ups which never really payed off.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Who gets totally naked and stands up to jerk off lmao has Ryan Murphy ever seen human sexuality before?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

Who gets totally naked and stands up to jerk off lmao has Ryan Murphy ever seen human sexuality before?
That's how he jerks off please don't kink shame

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lady Naga posted:

I mean, if it's the part I'm thinking of, it was a guy who was already naked and sleepwalking...

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Snak posted:

I mean, if it's the part I'm thinking of, it was a guy who was already naked and sleepwalking...

Like upon reflection yeah maybe he was already naked but loving why is he standing up wouldn't that be hella uncomfortable?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

Like upon reflection yeah maybe he was already naked but loving why is he standing up wouldn't that be hella uncomfortable?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCW10ZwUlwc

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The host of the 90s Nick show Legends of the Hidden Temple did a video recently talking about some of the behind the scenes stuff and revealed that the game was purposefully almost impossible to win because they only had enough money in the budget for 8 winners a season. That seems borderline legal, like there are probably rules against something that like.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Hey Battlestar Galactica crew, good job having a single doctor on the entire crew

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

They were so far above their doctor gruffness quota they could only have the one guy.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

blue squares posted:

Hey Battlestar Galactica crew, good job having a single doctor on the entire crew

I'm sure they had more when they were actually operational.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
For those who care, Dan Feinberg said that the first X-FILES episode is terrible, the second was a bit better but the third one (Written by Darin Morgan) was fantastic.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Snak posted:

I'm sure they had more when they were actually operational.

Ah, good point

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

DrVenkman posted:

For those who care, Dan Feinberg said that the first X-FILES episode is terrible, the second was a bit better but the third one (Written by Darin Morgan) was fantastic.

I heard the same. That's why I was looking forward to the series than the movies. Someone other than Carter can write episodes.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

muscles like this? posted:

The host of the 90s Nick show Legends of the Hidden Temple did a video recently talking about some of the behind the scenes stuff and revealed that the game was purposefully almost impossible to win because they only had enough money in the budget for 8 winners a season. That seems borderline legal, like there are probably rules against something that like.

The Price is Right does the same thing, they rotate in the harder, shittier games when people have been winning too much.
I dunno about Hidden Temple though, I still don't really understand how you're supposed to work your way through that one, and then sometimes some rear end in a top hat just pops out and drags you away?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Look, we all just have to accept that putting together three different pieces of idol is loving impossible.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Colony debuted last night on USA. It was....pretty good.

Here's the synopsis:

quote:

In a dystopian, near-future Los Angeles, a California couple, Katie (Sarah Wayne Callies) and Will (Josh Holloway) Bowman live with two children, under a regime of military occupation, by an organization known as the Colony Transitional Authority. They are part of a larger invading force, of extraterrestrial origin, who are referred to as the Hosts, and as the Raps, apparently a reference to raptors (the logo of their human forces features a stylized bird of prey).

It is said of them that "no one ever sees them". An enormous wall, as tall as a skyscraper and hundreds of meters thick, surrounds Los Angeles and other major cities (now called Blocs), while various buildings still display severe damage from armed conflict during the invasion, known as the Arrival. The geographical extent of the alien invasion is unclear, but presumably worldwide. The occupying forces shown to the viewers are all human, speak American English, and consist of black-and-red-uniformed militarized police with automatic weapons and armored personnel carriers.

They are nicknamed the Redhats, and more properly called, along with a privileged class of elites, the Proxies, also denigrated as the Collaborators, suggesting that they were all drawn by the Hosts from the local population. The Redhats are also referred to as Homeland Security.

These forces maintain control by separation of loved ones, shoot-on-sight curfews, forced disappearances, random checkpoints and frequent electronic identity checks, limitation of motor vehicle usage to official transport by special permit only (most citizens must walk or ride bicycles), pervasive visual propaganda, slave labor in a facility called the Factory for any transgressors (and their families) who are not executed, and electronic surveillance with drone aircraft that appear to use some form of anti-gravity.

Many medical problems, such as diabetes, have been "deemed unworthy for treatment" by the Hosts, to cull the population with a crude form of eugenics. There is an active resistance movement referred to as both the Resistance and the Insurgency (without universal support among the population, even among non-Collaborators), alongside a black market, though both are subject to ruthless suppression. Most basic resources appear to be provided on a rationed basis by the unseen occupation authorities, while limited, secretive trade is conducted between citizens by bartering home-produced and stolen goods.

The Bowmans, who are involved in the Resistance, seek their middle child (younger son), Charlie, who was separated from them during the Arrival, while they try to survive with meager resources in a changed world that is constantly dangerous despite its urban veneer of order. They are suddenly thrust into the position of acting as double agents.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I'm gonna catch up on SO much TV this weekend while playing the new season of Diablo 3.

12 Monkeys, Masters of Sex, Halt and Catch Fire... might even finally watch Manhattan.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Definitely watch Manhattan. You won't be disappointed.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Gonz posted:

Colony debuted last night on USA. It was....pretty good.

Here's the synopsis:

I hate to draw the comparison but drat, it really is a post Seven Hour War Half-Life television show. I hope it turns out to be okay.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I'm working on catching up on the final season of Haven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I've never heard of Manhattan or Haven. Manhatten is straightforward enough to understand, but what's Haven about?

• Locked thread