Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

8ender posted:

Looking forward to Adiabatic's new van shaped cutout above his garage door
We may have a solution, note: MAY.

Fart Pipe posted:

Oh no poo poo? Where do you keep getting these amazing vehicle saving white trucks?
Yeah, this one is a diesel. And new, like <9,000 miles as of right now. The old one I bought used in 2009, this one was bought new last August.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

sharkytm posted:

We may have a solution, note: MAY.

Does it involve 2 parallel trenches?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Cakefool posted:

Does it involve 2 parallel trenches?

This isn't the Maginot line.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Half a dozen HF jacks and an equal amount of goon operators. Lift that Quonset right off its foundation. Think engine in/out of an MR2.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Take the body off the frame. Bonus: You're already half-way to swapping out the engine.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

4x donut rims and a crude rail system made of black iron pipe leading to the lift.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Woke up to snapchats of that thing in Adiabatic's back yard, good way to start a Friday.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
I really need someone to stand next to this thing for scale. I don't think I quite grasp just how enormous it is. :v:

:sun::swoon: ALL OF THE LOVE FOR SHARKY :swoon::sun:

Wes has evil plans for getting it into the garage. Hopefully they work :v:

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Does the roof extension come off? I mean off the van.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
It's not meant to, but I wouldn't be surprised if it could be made to. The issue would be weather sealing putting it back on, and the fact that the inside of it is full of storage compartments and a TV, so that's not really a practical option.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

sharkytm posted:

We may have a solution, note: MAY. pour a concrete slab

That would kill 2 birds with one stone. Solve the mud/drainage issues as well as be the foundation for your new carport.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Pull the springs and let it ride on the bumpers, let all the air out of the tyres?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

literally a fish posted:

I really need someone to stand next to this thing for scale. I don't think I quite grasp just how enormous it is. :v:

:sun::swoon: ALL OF THE LOVE FOR SHARKY :swoon::sun:

Wes has evil plans for getting it into the garage. Hopefully they work :v:
Yesterday was incredibly long, but well worth the effort. I was literally punching myself in the leg to make it to the hospital, in the waiting room now. :kimchi:

Many thanks to Wes for hosting me overnight, sorry to keep you up past your bedtime. :a2m: I left a mud trail up your driveway, if you catch my drift.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

literally a fish posted:

It's not meant to, but I wouldn't be surprised if it could be made to. The issue would be weather sealing putting it back on, and the fact that the inside of it is full of storage compartments and a TV, so that's not really a practical option.

I always thought those roof extensions looked like a rowboat.

Sawzall it off and turn it into a rowboat is what I'm saying.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
I would just like to, again, give my undying support and respect to this thread. Carry on gents, this is AI as gently caress.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
AI goons really are the best loving bunch.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Good news delivered, so who's coming down tomorrow to help work on the van?

:thumbs: This guy.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

4x donut rims and a crude rail system made of black iron pipe leading to the lift.

I'd like to make sure that this comment gets the love it deserves.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
This is the raddest loving thing. I told my new wife to gently caress off and visit her sister so I can come Sunday to see this monstrosity.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

AcidRonin posted:

This is the raddest loving thing. I told my new wife to gently caress off and visit her sister so I can come Sunday to see this monstrosity.

Awesome. I'm going to sleep in, and drive back down in the morning. Bring exact change for the dumb Richmond toll.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
:siren: there is a 6.0L V8 Vortec donor at Johnston RI. Currently mostly complete, some ancillaries are missing but can be grabbed from rockauto or other donors nearby. :siren:

:siren::siren: HALF PRICE OFF SALE IS THIS WEEKEND :siren::siren:

As in TOMORROW

Who has a pickup or a tow vehicle of any sort and a utility trailer? No way I can have my shithouse MJ running insured and registered by tomorrow.

I will do as much of the pulling as needed, just need someone with the aforementioned transportation who wants to spend tomorrow in a junkyard.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

kastein posted:

:siren: there is a 6.0L V8 Vortec donor at Johnston RI. Currently mostly complete, some ancillaries are missing but can be grabbed from rockauto or other donors nearby. :siren:

:siren::siren: HALF PRICE OFF SALE IS THIS WEEKEND :siren::siren:

As in TOMORROW

Who has a pickup or a tow vehicle of any sort and a utility trailer? No way I can have my shithouse MJ running insured and registered by tomorrow.

I will do as much of the pulling as needed, just need someone with the aforementioned transportation who wants to spend tomorrow in a junkyard.

I'd offer help and hauling vehicle, but...

Adiabatic and I were discussing this exact situation yesterday night, I wish we could have timed it better.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Where to even begin...

SharkyTM brought this bitch over to my house at around 10pm last night:

I have no idea how the hell y'all got so lucky with the width of this van:

Got her set off and we went to eat lovely hot dogs and listen to lovely live band music:

Now, onto the first issue:

And a slightly less critical second issue:

...WAIT HOW DID IT GET THERE?!?!?!

PROBABLY LIKE THIS

AND THIS

literally a fish posted:

Exterior:

Interior:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rS79uBL7RE

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Wes, they're isn't a big enough :love: in the world for those and you (and Badger).

:bigtran:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I think it started working again because its cross-country road trip opened its eyes to a world it had only barely seen.

Too bad you have to wait a whole other year to get the Golden Globes for that interior vid.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 15, 2016

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
Yeah its easy to start when there's no loving coolant left to flood the cylinders :argh:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

After seeing the interior shots, I'm 100% certain that the company that did the conversion on it was also responsible for doing the one on the van my grandfather had, just a different set of options on the conversion since his was a full on camper conversion. Weather proof the poo poo out of any openings in that roof top for vents, A/C and the like because it loving loves leaking. And weatherproof around that top extension thingy because it also loves leaking. Also, its probably worth seeing if it has/had generator in it since I think the switch panel on the back wall was the controls for it in my grandfather's van.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

iForge posted:

Yeah its easy to start when there's no loving coolant left to flood the cylinders :argh:

Excuses, excuses. I can't hear you over the sound of that video looping.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE

sharkytm posted:

Awesome. I'm going to sleep in, and drive back down in the morning. Bring exact change for the dumb Richmond toll.

I got that EZ Pass son. What you know about them DC tolls?

Also I might have to swing by my moms place and grab the old Rush tapes.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45SG2N6MMcg

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Holy poo poo, guys I used to have the same loving van. "Mood Lights," and all. Except mine actually had the fold flat power bed thing.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Holy poo poo, guys I used to have the same loving van. "Mood Lights," and all. Except mine actually had the fold flat power bed thing.

Strip lighting for the strippers.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

This is us leaving for NEAI 2016.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Adiabatic posted:

This is us leaving for NEAI 2016.

I need a way to convert to tape.....all RiFF RAFF tapes.....

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

AcidRonin posted:

I need a way to convert to tape.....all RiFF RAFF tapes.....

I think you'd just have to play the songs you want into a tape recorder.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

sharkytm posted:

I'd offer help and hauling vehicle, but...

Adiabatic and I were discussing this exact situation yesterday night, I wish we could have timed it better.

I know, right? Just a few days different timing and we could have sent you down with the whole drivetrain in the bed and the van on the trailer. Oh well.

I was thinking about this last night but didn't expect a 6.0 to show up like that.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Safety Dance posted:

I think you'd just have to play the songs you want into a tape recorder.

Somewhere around here I have a real nice aux to tape thing from the days when I had my first car..... I'll have to find it for you guys

EDIT: New plan, Bluetooth and a spotify account we can all use to subject you in the van to gewny musical whimsy.

AcidRonin fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 15, 2016

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

kastein posted:

I know, right? Just a few days different timing and we could have sent you down with the whole drivetrain in the bed and the van on the trailer. Oh well.

I was thinking about this last night but didn't expect a 6.0 to show up like that.
Yeah, poo poo timing.

I'll probably be heading back here soon enough, got home repairs at mom's house to do. She's got a big garage that I could put the motor for storage until someone Richmond-bound can pick it up, assuming I can borrow an engine hoist.

KingPave
Jul 18, 2007
eeee!~
Anyone got a tape to confirm the tape deck even works?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Thread is still amazing, way jealous of the NEAI folks. To make an admittedly poor contribution, I humbly request that this be the song for romantic encounters within or around the van. Bonus points for having the video up on the big screen once it's installed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

IT WAS POWER ACTUATED? Awesome. Now I'm kind of sad the PO pulled the one out of this one. I figure i'll just throw in a mattress or two, though.

kastein posted:

This makes me a sad panda. On the other hand, there's plenty of time for more motors to show up.

sharkytm posted:

Yeah, poo poo timing.

I'll probably be heading back here soon enough, got home repairs at mom's house to do. She's got a big garage that I could put the motor for storage until someone Richmond-bound can pick it up, assuming I can borrow an engine hoist.

:swoon: You people are goddamn amazing okay? :swoon:

nice shirt there wes :v: also bahahaha holy poo poo I can't stop laughing

• Locked thread