Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
Please don't use the beta os, mom. I don't want to do any more tech support for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

noirstronaut posted:

what if i am your mother

if you are, can you please explain why you turned me into a hosed up shell of a human being?

killa-pope
May 21, 2008

Irritated Goat posted:

I'm not a developer and it seems public beta hasn't started yet.

Seems to be out now. Got confused when you said appleseed, which is the track I'm on, and I'm also not a developer. I think I do get the dev builds, but only for OS X and iOS, since they have public betas? Which I guess means there's three levels of access? All I know is I live on the wild side and yell at Apple when they break my things.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

maduin posted:

Yeah, man, notes is real good, but why the gently caress does it still have the fake page texture? What rear end in a top hat at Apple refuses to let that poo poo die?
The one that put the drawing tools into the app :v:. Well at least the texture is being used for something now...course the texture when actually drawing is much lighter and less noticeable than the normal texture.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So I'm firmly in the no case crew. Well, was. I just bought the Apple Leather Case.

Guys, I was so wrong. So very, very wrong. This case is perfection.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So I'm firmly in the no case crew. Well, was. I just bought the Apple Leather Case.

Grats on coming to your senses.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I pray it was saddle brown

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jose Oquendo posted:

I pray it was saddle brown

I picked the only good color, hope this helps.

Brown

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Black is the best color

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

noirstronaut posted:

Black is the best color

Get this troll OUTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
didn't know donald trump used an iphone

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

noirstronaut posted:

didn't know donald trump used an iphone

Send this man out, take his case. Let his phone be slippery.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

No.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

You guys are making me tempted to buy a second leather case just to switch to Saddle Brown.

I bought the Rose Grey to start with thinking it would match my white iPhone, but over 3 months it's really changed colour a lot..

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

:getin:

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

I bought a black leather case and am happy with it but all this peer pressure is making me want a saddle brown..

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

One day you'll all understand the true supremacy of orange silicone instead of being followers.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I like my Navy Blue leather for my white phone but in my heart of hearts I know.

I should have gotten saddle brown :(

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
Brown convert here and yes, it is the best color.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Y'all'er making me want to give up my tech21 and get a saddle brown. :colbert:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

e.pilot posted:

At the very least you should give up any case not made by Apple for one that is made by Apple. They're that good.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Clear case gold iPhone supremacy

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
When I worked at the Apple Store we used to push the tech21 cases pretty hard. They're surprisingly good protection for how minimal they are.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

e.pilot posted:

Don't go from a wrong case to a wrong color, friend.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
lol if you didn't buy extras of the superior, dark brown iPhone 6 case.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

maduin posted:

lol if you didn't buy extras of the superior, dark brown iPhone 6 case.

I rubbed it all over my face when I got it .. it's that good.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I used my Monoprice cable for the first time and it's telling me it's unsupported and won't even charge :mad:

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.
Still waiting for saddle brown leather ugly battery case.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I wonder why there aren't any good knockoffs on eBay of the Apple leather case.

Also I'm holding off until the iPhone 7 to get mine.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
I just keep my phone in a ziploc bag.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
On vacation this week using my Mophie and it's killing me

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

FCKGW posted:

I used my Monoprice cable for the first time and it's telling me it's unsupported and won't even charge :mad:

Which one? I bought a pair of their 6' ones a couple months ago and they've been fine.

These http://www.monoprice.com/mobile/product/details/12668

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.
I broke down and installed the 9.3 public beta yesterday, and I :love: Night Shift already.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Got home from my work trip and restored my phone, setting it up as a new iPhone, and that seems to have fixed whatever the hell was wrong with Siri.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

e.pilot posted:

Throw your phone against the wall/ground to reaffirm your original choice.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah
Anyone in here use CarPlay? My wife and I both have iPhones and switching between them on it seemed to work fine at first, but now generally if I try to use my phone with it, it just shows up as a "media player" as if it were an iPod or something. I can play audio through it, but it's not connecting to CarPlay so everything else is on the phone not the car's head unit.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

japtor posted:

Throw your phone against the wall/ground to reaffirm your original choice.
I remember when D3O was introduced as a potential phone case material back in like 2005. I completely forgot that Tech21 was the company that made it into a case.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm getting a web server error when I try to grab the profile for iOS beta program off the site. Is it working for anyone else?

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Is there any kind of Bluetooth audio setting in iOS? I just got some Bluetooth headphones and when they're connected, audio only comes out of the left speaker. They also included a 3.5mm cord for use when the battery dies and when I plug that into my phone, both speakers are working. Which to me suggests that it's not a problem with the actual hardware unless each headphone has its own Bluetooth connection to the phone or something...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I've seen this before, Google "Bluetooth iOS one channel" and a bunch of hits come up. One solution listed was

quote:

On your IPHONE go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Mono Audio and turn that OFF. Restart the phone.