Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Got to almost level 5, lost internet for a second, and now in a line of 890. Oh wait it jumped to 913. Well then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

El Cid posted:

If you bought a founders pack (which I assume you did since you're trying to play today) just log into your NC soft account and find the Blade and Soul section and there will be a button to automatically apply the code from your purchase to get whatever rewards it grants you. You can do this while logged in and it should just grant you everything instantly.

Thanks, I never would have thought to dig through all of the different submenus once I saw it in my transaction history. Home in a few hours!

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Login queue on Windrest went from 13 min to 50 min while I'm waiting, rip

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I just had a black screen and had to restart my game, sitting in 1100 premium members queue now for Mushin. Ugh.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

There was no queue before I left for work, but I imagine by the time I get home it's going to be like the Warlord's of Draenor launch. Hop in queue when I get home, go do something else, find out I'm still in queue 8 hours later when I go to bed.

On the plus side, despite not being able to do the name reservation I did manage to get my name on Mushin. :v:

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I guess im not playing this game till tomorrow morning. Sucks even more for anyone without premium.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Queues aren't going down, in fact its going up from 1100 to 1137. I wonder who are the ones jumping in front of me when I have premium too. I guess I'll go do something else while I leave this running.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
drat you premium members! Time to wait. :munch:
Surprised I still was able to register Loligagging.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
1220 people in premium queue, and it keeps jumping up. You'd think they'd realize that 10 servers is a bad idea and they should've invested in say double server capacity

Styxscout
May 13, 2011

I predict a Riot

HapiMerchant posted:

1220 people in premium queue, and it keeps jumping up. You'd think they'd realize that 10 servers is a bad idea and they should've invested in say double server capacity

Mushin is the only NA queue right now.

I coughed up for Premium. 1.2K people in queue is saying 15 mins wait.

I deleted my first guy and re-rolled.. don't do this.

There's an in-game option to change character... this will also put you in the queue.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Thank god they went the way of modern MMOs and megaservers so I don't have to wait in a queue of 1,300 people!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Since leveling goes fast I'll just go gently caress around on one of the low pop servers. I like to spend my first couple of days in mmo's loving with character creators and classes anyways.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

HapiMerchant posted:

I personally always get annoyed about this stuff too but then I remember these MMOs will be dead in a few weeks. There just isn't a point in caring about trying to accommodate everyone who wants to play at launch.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Won't be home from work for a while yet, and then I actually have to get ingame, but I'd like a spot in the Mushin guild. Will be playing my assassin, Ravana.

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
1428 people in the premium queue :toot:

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Questing will make you vomit blood right now. There's only like 9 channels here and every one of them has 50 people camping the same 5 monsters the entire time. I've been here for 20 minutes and I'm not even a quarter way done with the quest. I'm just going to skip all this.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Applying the premium to the account made my queue go from 50ish+ minutes to 20 or so. So it looks like there are two levels of hidden premium active right now, and would explain why some people's queue times are going up.

Or it's typical MMO launch day broken.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Even with premium, my queue position keeps going up instead of down. Pretty amazing stuff here.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My Gimmick Name posted:

Applying the premium to the account made my queue go from 50ish+ minutes to 20 or so. So it looks like there are two levels of hidden premium active right now, and would explain why some people's queue times are going up.

Or it's typical MMO launch day broken.

This is a very big launch. A lot of people have been wanting to play this game for years.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Developers are incredibly stupid when they decide to use the same names for beta servers as they do for launch ones.

Bishop01
Apr 27, 2007

Has you seen my bucket?!
What is our back up server? I'll play somewhere else for a while and learnt he game.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

2DCAT posted:

Even with premium, my queue position keeps going up instead of down. Pretty amazing stuff here.

That's not your queue position, just number of people in the queue. Why it doesn't show your actual position I have no idea.

AngstPenguin
Oct 10, 2006

Started in the queue at 20 minutes, an hour and 15 later and it's now at 96 minutes. Sweet.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

THIS IS NOT YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE FOR SOME REASON THEY SHOW THE TOTAL QUEUE, YOUR ESTIMATE AT THE START BEFORE IT CHANGES SEEMS TO BE CORRECT

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Stormgale posted:

THIS IS NOT YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE FOR SOME REASON THEY SHOW THE TOTAL QUEUE, YOUR ESTIMATE AT THE START BEFORE IT CHANGES SEEMS TO BE CORRECT

Not it's not.
I've been in the queue since 10:05 PST.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Well the first part is 100% True as we have people getting in before their queue on the screen finishes.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Man if the premium headstart people get long queues I can't wait for the butthurt then the F2Pers hit a brick wall in a couple days :v:

... just like Archeage all over again :ohdear:

Bishop01
Apr 27, 2007

Has you seen my bucket?!
Does the timer keep going down to 0 before they get in?

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012
Upgrading your premium tier probably increases your 'priority' in the premium queue as well. Or at least that's what I'd like to think, since I've gone from an estimated wait time of 20 minutes on the premium queue to about 50 minutes, after waiting for at least half an hour so far as more and more people turn up in the waiting queue (was about 1425-ish when I started queuing, it's now at 1588 premiums waiting at time of writing).

I'm not about to spend 9999 NCoins on the 365 day premium membership for those points to find out if this is the case, though.

Reddit has a google doc with estimated number of people per server, based on name reservations. Looking at the list for NA, Mushin server has probably nearly 20k names on it, with the next biggest server being Jiwan at about 4250 or so names. At this rate they might as well make Mushin a Premium only server, because no one else will be able to get in there even in the dead hours of the night.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Karistar posted:

Upgrading your premium tier probably increases your 'priority' in the premium queue as well. Or at least that's what I'd like to think, since I've gone from an estimated wait time of 20 minutes on the premium queue to about 50 minutes, after waiting for at least half an hour so far as more and more people turn up in the waiting queue (was about 1425-ish when I started queuing, it's now at 1588 premiums waiting at time of writing).

I'm not about to spend 9999 NCoins on the 365 day premium membership for those points to find out if this is the case, though.

Reddit has a google doc with estimated number of people per server, based on name reservations. Looking at the list for NA, Mushin server has probably nearly 20k names on it, with the next biggest server being Jiwan at about 4250 or so names. At this rate they might as well make Mushin a Premium only server, because no one else will be able to get in there even in the dead hours of the night.
Until three weeks in when the hype has died and the game is a ghost town on all servers except Mushin!

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I got in to the game somehow, now to never log out.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Until three weeks in when the hype has died and the game is a ghost town on all servers except Mushin!

Considering how tits and anime it is, I can see a hardcore fanbase keeping it going regardless of any other factors.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
There's a $5 signature pack in the lobby shop that gives 7 days premium. I think they're trying to suck more money out of impatient animes.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

You currently can't join the Red faction on Windrest because it's full, haha.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

EU Goon guild is up, Whisper Gale Tayuun or Message me on discord

Styxscout
May 13, 2011

I predict a Riot

2DCAT posted:

That's number of people IN the queue. Not your actual position.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009

Bishop01 posted:

What is our back up server? I'll play somewhere else for a while and learnt he game.

I'm going to start a mans on Old Man Cho once I'm finished patching. I still plan on playing wherever the majority of folks end up, but I'm not interested in sitting in a queue all evening; especially when servers will inevitably go down at some point and the whole process will start again.

Name: Windchillas
Server: Old Man Cho
If starting a guild isn't too costly I'd be down to start something over here for folks as impatient as I am.

Windchilla fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 15, 2016

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Have fun all you goons that bought founder's packs, I'll join in after early release which is when your login queues will finally pop. :smuggo:

Yeah. I learned my lesson the last time with Wildstar. Im just going to wait.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
There is no AFK timer.

Just never log out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Kimsemus posted: