Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tolwyn
Jun 13, 2001

wcagizmo posted:

Logged in and took a look at the Guild Info tab. Seems that the guild has been dormant for some time now.

Is anyone still actively playing, or is the guild officially dead?

First time I've checked this thread in a while... I still have control of the guild, but as far as I know, it's pretty dead. Almost everyone who got to 60 would quit to join a raiding guild because we just didn't have the numbers to run anything on our own. We recruited some pubbies and it was the same process of a handful of people getting to 60 and quitting because we didn't have anyone doing anything. If anyone wants to take over and try to rebuild it, I'd gladly transfer it over. I'd recommend joining an existing guild though if you're looking to do any 60 content. Some of the pub guilds out there aren't so bad at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Tolwyn posted:

First time I've checked this thread in a while... I still have control of the guild, but as far as I know, it's pretty dead. Almost everyone who got to 60 would quit to join a raiding guild because we just didn't have the numbers to run anything on our own. We recruited some pubbies and it was the same process of a handful of people getting to 60 and quitting because we didn't have anyone doing anything. If anyone wants to take over and try to rebuild it, I'd gladly transfer it over. I'd recommend joining an existing guild though if you're looking to do any 60 content. Some of the pub guilds out there aren't so bad at all.

another vanilla goon guild bites the dust

r i p never forget

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Once corecraft comes out there will probably be a huge showing for that.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
I'll be there for sure. But thats implying it will ever come out.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I give it a 50/50 shot of coming out before Nostalrius launches its TBC server.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Hasn't corecraft been "coming soon" since roughly 2013

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The true Blizzard experience

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Actually I have the itch again and I was thinking about starting a character here and just playing with some pubbies. Too bad there isn't more goon presence surviving at the moment. I needed a break after everyone abandoned ED.

Is anybody in a decent non-goon guild that isn't total shitheads and would recruit me? :)

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

lapse posted:

Actually I have the itch again and I was thinking about starting a character here and just playing with some pubbies. Too bad there isn't more goon presence surviving at the moment. I needed a break after everyone abandoned ED.

Is anybody in a decent non-goon guild that isn't total shitheads and would recruit me? :)

I'm still in Tsundere, but it's a ghost town. I also don't log on but once a day at this point

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

The Shortest Path posted:

Once corecraft comes out there will probably be a huge showing for that.

I can't wait for the next Private Server Goon Wild Ride (tm)

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

I give it a 50/50 shot of coming out before Nostalrius launches its TBC server.

i have a 60 war i rushed this summer and a druid i'm occasionally working on to kill time on nost and they promised character transfer when TBC launches, i'll be very cross if they don't follow through.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Cnidario posted:

I'm still in Tsundere, but it's a ghost town. I also don't log on but once a day at this point

same, i log in and occasionally see other people but nobody responds in guild chat so i don't even know if they post here or not.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I mean theoretically we have enough people to do stuff that check this thread on a semi-regular basis, the problem is we'll all individually log in on our 60, see nobody online, and log back off.

If we schedule something for like a week from now and get as many people to log on as we can I bet we'll have enough to do an UBRS or two, problem is nobody wants to put in the :effort:

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

I mean theoretically we have enough people to do stuff that check this thread on a semi-regular basis, the problem is we'll all individually log in on our 60, see nobody online, and log back off.

If we schedule something for like a week from now and get as many people to log on as we can I bet we'll have enough to do an UBRS or two, problem is nobody wants to put in the :effort:

I'm still leveling because ~parenting~ and a hiatus so that I could get caught up on retail so I can't do the l 60 stuff with you guys yet. Maybe in a month or two whenever I get there

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

I'm down for this, I've just tried it in the past and had nobody show so I kinda gave up organizing it.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

For what its worth about 10 goons or so are still playing on the ally side PVE server and we're all in a raiding guild. We have an outstanding agreement that anyone from SA will be invited.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

quote:

If everything goes as planned we shall be able to release by the end of March / first days of April.

A Burning Crusade server is launching with the promise of working scripts and class mechanics. It's called PlayTBC. The community is quite small at the moment, but they do plan on advertising the server soon.

Ingrid, I hope you come back. We'll definitely put a stop to whatever bullshit you were facing, and I'll be more detailed in my healing advice.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Tanreall posted:

A Burning Crusade server is launching with the promise of working scripts and class mechanics. It's called PlayTBC. The community is quite small at the moment, but they do plan on advertising the server soon.

Ingrid, I hope you come back. We'll definitely put a stop to whatever bullshit you were facing, and I'll be more detailed in my healing advice.

I should probably stop making a character for every new vanilla (or TBC) server that I hear about.

Once more unto the breach.

VV: At 60? Weird, I remember Outland content starting at 58. Couldn't they just do that late TBC thing with the faster 20-50 levelling?

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 26, 2016

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Holy poo poo.

RonPaulitshappening.jpg

EDIT: Meh, it starts with SSC and Tempest Keep released (post Druidomination) and new characters are 60. Not sure if want.

I'll still play the poo poo out of it, of course.

^^ I think it's trying to emulate the feel of when BC came out and all of the long-time players had 60s right out the gate. Newer characters could go to Outland at 58 yeah but most were 60.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jan 26, 2016

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Hi Goons! I'm Zigfried. You may remember me as a member of Brown Town on Algalon. I have never played on Nostalrius but as the most recently active Goon private server, I thought this would be a good place to reconnect with my best (and only) friends. It seems every year I need to scratch that MMO itch and recently I've started looking into the current private server scene.

Have any of you heard of the recently announced World of Crusade? It's a project that Gummy52 (Of scriptcraft fame) has been working on since 2013. People's opinion on Gummy varies greatly depending on who you ask. Some think he's the most talented dev to grace the planet. Others think he's a money grubbing scum bag. All I know is my short time on scriptcraft was very enjoyable. Really it was the first private server I played on that opened my eyes to how far WoW emulation has come. (Then Feenix's arch angel server quickly closed them again). Anyways, according to their trailer, they're targeting a Summer 2016 release. I'm kind of hoping this gets Corecraft to kick it into gear and 2016 can be known as the year of TBC.

Anyways, I hope my Algalon brothers (and sisters? was Kamilla a girl?) are doing well. I hope to enjoy a private server with you guys sometime again. I logged into Algalon and it seems like the server is still doing pretty well, ~1000 people on when I checked earlier today. They're on ToC content but noobies like me who never finished Ulduar cannot partake. So instead, I've been spending the last couple of days making a Burning Crusade Quest/Dungeon/Heroic/Raid gear list for my shadow priest because I am a nerd and I need to min max my character to death. Really looking forward to spending 60 days crafting a frozen shadoweave set just so I can still get owned by warlocks and rogues in DPS and have raid leaders ask themselves "Do we really need this guy, we could just replace him with this hunter who just dinged 70." RIP in peace.

P.S here is that release trailer for World of Crusade. Apparently it is impressive because it shows NPCs fighting each other or something. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83JlP3CuF40

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

ZIGfried posted:

Hi Goons! I'm Zigfried

Theres a different TBC server dropping in march that youll probably see some familiar faces at. Tanreall mentioned it a few posts above.

Tanners fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jan 30, 2016

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

quote:

scriptcraft

I played on their Burning Crusade arena server and it was awesome(ly broken as heck). Really fun though.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

Tanreall posted:

It is a combo of no tanks ever wanting to run dungeons (where I could still get some healing gear) and Gelki's ending. I gave AFGM a chance, and it doesn't really jive with me. I mean they have guild meetings and are using meters and calling people out in raids :gonk: Like it seems like they want to even time how fast we get to Rag, which is like, who cares if we're two minutes slower than last time?

Also, I have tendonitis at the moment so any gaming I'm doing at the moment is not very competitive.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Just my two cents, but I'd really like to see goons stick around. I know AFGM leadership are fairly driven (to be polite) about timing and meters. Timing I actually respect them on - the leadership's primary goal from my conversations on timing is just to aim for 3 hours during a raid night. Their main concern there is not keeping people on the east coast up until 1 or 2 am raiding.

As far as meters... some officers harp on them, but the general agreement is that coordination and ability to follow basic instructions are more important than meter performance. And druids are not expected to beat or match priests and paladins, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Lastly, while I have not been around as much on Povertyghost, I am willing to tank dungeons and such. I'm happy to share steam/skype/battlenet names with anyone so they can contact me if they need something. Its just a bit dull to hang out in game as a prot warrior when you cannot farm and the people on are mostly in BGs. I also have private messages here. Would there be any interest from people reading to schedule a time for all-goon 5 mans? We have enough people to run things, and it would be fun. Especially with dire maul coming out.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

I was thinking about coming back, but I think I might wait to join some of you guys in BC. Hopefully I'll be on day shift by then.

Re: meters and raid timers etc:

It is seriously nice to be able to clear those dungeons in 1 hour instead of 3, so I would never totally ignore those stats, even if you prefer a more "casual" atmosphere, you still don't want to be stuck in raid hell for 5 hours banging your head against a wall..... I could also see a situation where bad leaders just beat people over the head with it after every raid. Depends how it's handled.

But yeah... it does make a difference. If Guild A has DPS that average 325 DPS and Guild B has DPS that average 200 DPS, the raid could literally be an hour faster since you kill stuff fast enough to brute force through inevitable mistakes, need less breaks for healer mana, avoid wipes on bosses, etc.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Feral_Shofixti posted:

I just rolled up a character. Are there just not many of us still playing, or is it because it's 11:30pm?

e: anyway, I'm Wonkö. Anyone from the old Famiglia guilds or Cult of Ythrl playing?

I played with the famiglia di ythrl merger guild in TBC as Wallie. I've never played a vanilla server and I'm interested to see what that's like, so I'll probably be leveling a priest cause I love healing. what kind of leveling grind am I looking at to get to max? If all I want to do is see old dungeons and get that authentic grinding feeling should I just level a warrior to tank with? I played tank/healer/dps in some capacity in a lot of raids in TBC so i'm comfortable with everything and dont want to get involved with two characters if Play TBC comes out before either reaches max. I am very interested in nostalgiaing some TBC.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

Tanners posted:

Theres a different TBC server dropping in march that youll probably see some familiar faces at. Tanreall mentioned it a few posts above.

I'll probably check it out. People who claim to know more than me are really smack talking playtbc though. Wouldn't be the first time a private server generated unwarranted hostility from some grognards I guess. I am a stupid baby who hates leveling so I'd rather not pick a sub optimal server just because it was the first lady to arrive at the ball.

Gummy52 posted a new video going into depth about his Mangos rewrite and briefly touching on things like leveling rates and how content will be gated. I swear I don't work for him, just a fan boy.

https://youtu.be/Js8GbzFzOMk

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
Oh good the scriptcraft guy is making another server. I'm glad he didn't kill himself when he had his meltdown over scriptcraft 2 and sold his server to some russians.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Okay, going by what I know of how Mangos works and what that video shows, Gummy is a loving genius and his TBC server is going to be amazing. I'm now even more hype than ever before.

Scripted NPC town movement is a huge loving deal and the fact that it works that flawlessly is just... hot drat.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Leveling isn't an issue since PlayTBC is instant 60, and going from 60 to 70 is pretty fast from what I remember. Gummy's video gives me hope that we'll see a huge jump in private server quality.

If people want to set up a time to run goon 5 mans I'm down to heal.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

ZIGfried posted:

Gummy52 posted a new video going into depth about his Mangos rewrite and briefly touching on things like leveling rates and how content will be gated. I swear I don't work for him, just a fan boy.

https://youtu.be/Js8GbzFzOMk

Don't suppose any of these changes are getting back into the mangos project are they? That would be truly awesome.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
So are we waiting for a specific TBC server or whatever is up first of the ones discussed? Is there one ready right now?

I'd play Algalon again if goons showed up but it was notably poor in the world scripting, and theres just too much QoL stuff I miss on Vanilla to pay with a AFGM for long.

Also I can't even tell if this is the PvP or PvE thread

Mazz fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jan 31, 2016

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

ZIGfried posted:

Hi Goons! I'm Zigfried. You may remember me as a member of Brown Town on Algalon.

I may be a hopeless dreamer, but I sure am hoping for some brown town raiding on BC. I even miss that loving mike "you want a gym memby bro?" guy

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Khako posted:

I may be a hopeless dreamer, but I sure am hoping for some brown town raiding on BC. I even miss that loving mike "you want a gym memby bro?" guy

I wasn't around for Algalon, but if the goon presence on a TBC server is anywhere near as sizable as LGW on ED or Tsundere last summer, I'm in.

I'll still level glacially slow, probably won't cap, but it will still be a blast

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
They changed the release date for DM on the PvE realm on the timeline. It's 02/16 now.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i would like 2 play with algalon goons again and i think algalon goons could do wit ha little more fixins in their life

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

Fixins on a date.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
Are we taking over this thread with algalon and BC talk now?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This has kinda been the WoW Private Server thread in general, and it's not like many goons are playing with each other on Nostalrius despite the server population more than doubling(!!!) since when I mostly stopped logging in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
Anyone have an Onyxia and MC attuned character on the PvE realm I could use? We have an influx of healers and they're thinking about letting me go feral, but druid dps is garbage.

Edit: Barring that does anyone that still plays have skinning? I need Thick Wolfhide for a Wolfshead Helm.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Feb 4, 2016

• Locked thread