Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Yea a patch or two ago I did an estate that was all dark that was a lot of fun. With some changes recently it is a lot harder to do now, and you'll have a lot of fun when the rng shoves shamblers down your throat.

It sounds really confusing to type out, but the easiest is if you can spare 8 slots for farming/leveling replacement losses, but 6 works too. Party (A) is level 2, you try to find 2 replacement guys for that party while getting there. Then run a mix of 2 from (A) and the new 2 for (B). Go back to (A) until you hit level 3 or find the other 2 replacements. Ideally you'll end up with party (B) right at level 1 and party (A) right at level 3, and you can dump (A) and repeat.

If you do 8 slots then you have a good chance of finding all 4 slots as you level the first party, if you do 6 you might need to run other groups for a few weeks while you find your last 2. Ideally with 6 you'd have your party (A) be 2 level 2s and 2 level 3s, then fire the level 3s and wait for replacements while running other groups, then the last 2 guys from (A) hit level 3 in the same dungeon that the new guys hit level 1 in followed by a quick firing and a fresh (B) group all at level 1.

If you're running low light a party of 2 level 2s (even with only the first set of upgrades) should be able to carry the level 0s through, though I'd still suggest waiting till they're level 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I haven't needed to bring Torches until Champion Dungeons.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I don't bring food, food is for rookies

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

if someone with a trinket dies do I lose the trinket?

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Yes, you lose the trinket, but you can loot it after the battle.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Unless you complete the battle, then you can retrieve it

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
What happens if say you get blighted by a trap out of combat when you're already at death's door, and then die? Do you get a loot popup as soon as your guy goes down?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

You yell at your plague doctor for not being able to use Battlefield Medicine outside of combat

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I bet the final boss is going to have visible eyes.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

packetmantis posted:

I bet the final boss is going to have visible eyes.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

You yell at your plague doctor for not being able to use Battlefield Medicine outside of combat

Come on its right there in the name.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Pretty sure looting your guy isn't 100%, I know I've not been able to recover people's poo poo before.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Normal Adult Human posted:

Come on its right there in the name.

yeah

p sure i would characterise the entire level as a battlefield

if it was "requires someone standing there trying to kill you medicine" i would understand

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Some people work better with a deadline.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
actually the real battlefield is within the mind

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
Anyone post the Arbalest origin comic? If not, here it is

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Poor girl. :smith: I'm going to do my best to not get her killed.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
i can have depression for miles

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
That doesn't really explain her motivation for arrowing Cthulhu in the face though.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Did she draw the string while running out the back or what.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Pavlov posted:

That doesn't really explain her motivation for arrowing Cthulhu in the face though.

Only thing she's got in life is a crossbow and he's got the biggest face.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Ouch. That one kind of hurt. Can anyone tell why the father had an angry mob at his doorstep? I don't see any hellish idol or anything similar in his house...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

paradoxGentleman posted:

Ouch. That one kind of hurt. Can anyone tell why the father had an angry mob at his doorstep? I don't see any hellish idol or anything similar in his house...

he's black

ok so where are you people seeing the stress symbol in this one, then

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Every time I say to myself "okay I'm finally gonna activate that dark altar", one of my heroes decides they need to poke it on their own before I can do anything :mad:

Pavlov posted:

She's taking her revenge out on all those rear end in a top hat bandits in every drat dungeon.

he's black

The crossbow :shepface:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Pavlov posted:

Maybe they were a mob of cthulhu cultists?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

he's black

you could make an arguement for the courageous symbol when she cradles the crossbow

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Big Satchel is trying to corner the market on row 4 by making the player not want to upgrade the arbelast

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
do arbelasts, vestals, and crusaders have naturally high virtue chances?

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

paradoxGentleman posted:

well seeing as how it's the story of the arbalest, rather than the arbalist, the mob is clearly after the eponymous weapon

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Mzbundifund posted:

Did she draw the string while running out the back or what.

This would be a great point if it wasn't already drawn when he hands it to her.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the dad bravely tries to kill the child to spare her from the horrors of the crowd, but forgets to load the quarrel

Nyc_Tattoo
Feb 28, 2001

Tread Carefully,
lest thou rouse the
Coupons Dragon
Grimey Drawer
The mob was after the girl, after all there isn't something right about her. Hell, her dad lets her cuddle with dead bunnies around the house...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Normal Adult Human posted:

do arbelasts, vestals, and crusaders have naturally high virtue chances?

I wish you could see your virtue chance in game

Lyrax
Aug 17, 2008

Favorite Food: Milksteak
Hobby: Magnets
Dislikes: People's knees
I'm glad I can't. I audibly cheer when one of my guys pulls through with a virtue. I wanna believe it's rare.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lyrax posted:

I'm glad I can't. I audibly cheer when one of my guys pulls through with a virtue. I wanna believe it's rare.

I do the Tiger Woods fist pump every time they go virtuous.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I think virtue chance goes up with resolve level. When my losers went crazy at the start of the game they never got a virtue, but I've had it happen a lot with higher level characters.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
im sorry, but does anyone play this game without arguing with the monitor? or blowing it kisses when something nice happens?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Decide to do a long Veteran adventure because I want the reward.
Rest in the first room for sweet, sweet bonuses.
Get ambushed.
Enemies crit 5 times in a row, including a Skull Toss that did 38 stress damage on its own, all but one targeting my third-slot Houndmaster (and that one was Howl which is party-wide).
My Houndmaster reaches 100 Stress and gets Afflicted.

I had not one but TWO stress-healers and I go 0 - 100 stress in my first fight :downs: And he got the loving Black Plague too from another attack.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Doctor Schnabel posted:

im sorry, but does anyone play this game without arguing with the monitor? or blowing it kisses when something nice happens?
If you don't at the very least go "come onnn" and then "awww" or "yesss" when rolling for virtue/vice, I don't know what to do with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

Doctor Schnabel posted:

I'm far more prone to variations of "gently caress you" or "oh thank god"