Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What was Will doing there?

Blazing a new trail with World War Tunes. Unlike Star Citizen, they'll have a VR friendly game out this year.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jul 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

sanctimoniousqfd posted:

Now Ctrl-F, for... reasons...

You clearly do not understand game development. :colbert:

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Hilarious.

That thread was going funny places as well.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

toaster is the photo supposed to be some gross dude in a wig??

sanctimoniousqfd
Dec 16, 2015

Incombibulator posted:

You clearly do not understand game development. :colbert:

I'm beginning to suspect as much, which is highly ironic (since I am a game developer ;))

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

ZenMaster posted:

toaster is the photo supposed to be some gross dude in a wig??

That's Michael Morland. He used to be involved with CIG before they got rid of him and Wingman. Like, the only two people who could actually entertain people.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

fuzzknot posted:

Ahhhh. I assumed I was supposed to believe they'd been frugal all along.

I wonder how much those coffee machines will fetch on eBay.

They gotta save money to buy more airplane furniture

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

sanctimoniousqfd posted:

I'm beginning to suspect as much, which is highly ironic (since I am a game developer ;))

Oh great it's another of Derek Smart's alt accounts. Can't fool us so easily.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Well Oblivion was released 2006 and Skyrim in 2011 so I guess that's where he got his stupid figure, but development started in like 2008

Yeah, they started after Fallout 3 and did it with about a 100 people. You find that out by going to the Wikipedia entry for Skyrim, reading those numbers there, and then following the handy link to the official Bethesda site where those numbers are confirmed. Takes less than a minute.

It's amazing that people sit on a computer, connected to the repository of all knowledge about everything ever, and just post complete garbage - with utter conviction - when you can find the facts within 60 seconds.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
There still is no electonic copy of the january edition of Canard PC to be found anywhere on the web. I think we might have to wait a few days before its available but if any of you EuroGoons can get a copy and scan it i can translate the text..

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Whoever did the photoshop of Sandi as the wicked witch looking into the mirror, thanks. I used it in my thread.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...ng-at-citcon/p2

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

spacetoaster posted:

Whoever did the photoshop of Sandi as the wicked witch looking into the mirror, thanks. I used it in my thread.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...ng-at-citcon/p2

enjoy your 10 year ban buddy

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

It was time. :emo:

One thing I don't get is people calling posting a pic creepy. I get that if you're like slobbering all about it and making all kinds of innuendo and stuff. But just posting a pic of someone who is featured on an internet talk show? If a person is putting themself out there like that I don't get how it could be creepy to reference them with a screencap of their show.

Perhaps I'm just not sensitive enough.

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 15, 2016

sanctimoniousqfd
Dec 16, 2015

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Oh great it's another of Derek Smart's alt accounts. Can't fool us so easily.

Nah - you can tell because I haven't said "glorious" or "two weeks" yet.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

I forgot to mention that I dig the Rikki-Tikki-Tavi hugging him. :3:

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

How the gently caress have you got away with that ! I salute you sir
The dimlows in the thread think it's hilarious too....

I know someone that won't though ....
Lock your Windows and buy a job lot of holy water ....

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

We should absolutely start gushing about this lady. Start a bunch of thread about how she should be on AtV and should announce at the conventions.

And by we, I mean our clean alts. Get the true believers to go along with it.

Sandi would lose it.

Trouble is if a woman gets more popular with cultists the lich queen would have her done away with. You'd cost an innocent person their job. If they're working at CIG they probably don't have many great options to hand.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

fuzzknot posted:

I forgot to mention that I dig the Rikki-Tikki-Tavi hugging him. :3:
:hfive:

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Berious posted:

Trouble is if a woman gets more popular with cultists the lich queen would have her done away with. You'd cost an innocent person their job. If they're working at CIG they probably don't have many great options to hand.
lol when did this happen

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

wyoak posted:

lol when did this happen

It didn't, but it COULD. You heartless monster.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Aug 2, 2016

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

G0RF posted:

They're laughing because they think it has no basis in reality. What they experience as comedy, we know as tragedy.

But isnt tragedy the heart of all good comedy?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

grimcreaper posted:

But isnt tragedy the heart of all good comedy?

it speaks to the pure essence of humanity, and the purpose of human beings

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

God.. that fake cry is so.. awful.

Like.. you can tell its awful-fake. I didnt watch it when that happened. i had no idea how loving bad she is at acting, holy poo poo.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
All this talk of sci-fi made me go out and buy Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy today, so thanks thread, now I can see what all the fuss is about.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

:stonkhat:

That....that is some serious psychological conditioning. This is really a cult. They are using actual psychological techniques to take advantage of people and drain their wallets.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Berious posted:

Story of my loving life. In my stagehand days, I was one of only a small percentage of female stagehands. Then one day this young woman showed up at one of the venues on her first gig ever, and she wanted to get more work. She started sucking up to the stage manager until she managed to become the assistant stage manager despite not being remotely qualified for the job. She even successfully ousted the (female) former assistant stage manager out of her job.

Next thing you know, no female stagehands—specifically, no young and/or reasonably attractive female stagehands—were receiving calls for work. It turned out that the new assistant stage manager was deliberately not calling any female stagehands for work, not because we were unqualified, but because she was so desperately insecure and threatened by the presence of other females in the male-dominated industry. She just wanted all their attention on herself.

The other female stagehands and I complained to HR, but since no one could prove anything, nothing came of it. I said gently caress it and got a real job.

Anyway, I thought of that story instantly when I heard about Sandi's alleged extreme jealousy. Given the cash, that little rear end kissing bitch of an assistant stage manager (who STILL isn't doing her job right, from what I hear) could be the next Sandi.

fuzzknot fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jan 15, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

All this talk of sci-fi made me go out and buy Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy today, so thanks thread, now I can see what all the fuss is about.

I'm assuming you mean the book, yeah? It's pretty good. Perhaps a little over-rated nowadays, but most "cult classic" things are, IMO.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Which one of you posted this because :laffo:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

hanales posted:

Derek Smart did, it even says so

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

there's some posts 15 or so pages back about filing out an FTC complaint form. I'd just like to add that you may want to include the fact that CIG is treating purchases not as pre-orders but as donations or gifts.

edit: also john romero released a level for Doom today so he's finished more stuff this year than croberts.

phosdex fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 15, 2016

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

This really reminds me now of my brother's former supervisor-like job position in marketing/logistics with a firm, where his job along with other supervisors was to, essentially, organize events for specific clients and store chains. There was a fellow female supervisor at his level and my brother found it odd, that as he spoke to the lower-level female event people (as to which supervisor they'd prefer to work under) that they consistently said: "Nothing against her personally, but anyone except this female supervisor." Sure enough, she too was pretty cozy with the boss, but given he was a paranoid hands-off type that was only of limited effect...far moreso worrying, though, was when my brother ran the numbers and uncovered that she'd been skimming decent amounts of money off the top of every transaction made with the customers she was assigned to handle.

My brother didn't make any loud statements or reprimands ect. - he just in a by-the-way fashion posted said financial numbers onto the board one day...and then tracked as she panicked and returned said amounts, that she had skimmed, back to the company's bank. THEN, when the boss finally started looking at this and said: "WTF is this poo poo, why the hell are you doing this?" and as he began to review the numbers...she got herself knocked up, so that by our country's laws she could not be fired by her employer and could suck on a little bit more pay, before she was let go finally 1 year later.

It's a real shame when one of these harpies gets in any kind of workplace, really. Not only is it insanely disruptive to the employer and fellow employees they work with, it also casts a negative shade on all the other women, who legitimately are qualified and do want to work their best.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

fuzzknot posted:

Story of my loving life. In my stagehand days, I was one of only a small percentage of female stagehands. Then one day this young woman showed up at one of the venues on her first gig ever, and she wanted to get more work. She started sucking up to the stage manager until she managed to become the assistant stage manager despite not being remotely qualified for the job. She had even successfully ousted the (female) former assistant stage manager out of her job.

Next thing you know, no female stagehands—specifically, no young and/or reasonably attractive female stagehands—were receiving calls for work. It turned out that the new assistant stage manager was deliberately not calling any female stagehands for work, not because we were unqualified, but because she was so desperately insecure and threatened by the presence of other females in the male-dominated industry. She just wanted all their attention on herself.

The other female stagehands and I complained to HR, but since no one could prove anything, nothing came of it. I said gently caress it and got a real job.

Anyway, I thought of that story instantly when I heard about Sandi's alleged extreme jealousy. Given the cash, that little rear end kissing bitch of an assistant stage manager (who STILL isn't doing her job right, from what I hear) could be the next Sandi.

patriarchy working as designed

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

EightAce posted:

How the gently caress have you got away with that ! I salute you sir
The dimlows in the thread think it's hilarious too....

I know someone that won't though ....
Lock your Windows and buy a job lot of holy water ....

Now someone in the thread put feminist frequency in a positive light, so even if he gets away with it because the citizens think of it as a joke, the thread is now doomed and at least one account will be banned before long.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

hanales posted:

Someone should post the sandi blinking gif in there if they can get away with it...

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

quote:

Despite a very detailed financial impact study presented with beautifully done (read: crude) PowerPoint slides, the wife was not impressed with the idea of refinancing the mortgage to facilitate purchase of the Completionist package. I believe her exact words were "I love you, but you're insane" as she walked away.

Was worth a shot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/414rmu/the_completionist_package/

iron buns fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 15, 2016

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

wyoak posted:

Thats me, Im the Patriarchy. I always work as designed. Mostly because im a man.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

wyoak posted:

Well, not quite; the stage manager was also female. She was just highly susceptible to sycophants. The new assistant stage manager happened to figure out how to not only make it work for her but also to guarantee lots and lots of male attention despite supposedly being there to do a loving job.

Stage work, by the way, is very dirty, involves a lot of heavy lifting, and is often in the dark anyway. It's not like it matters if you look cute. She was just vain/insecure and had to be the prettiest female by also being the ONLY female.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
So played again, thinking about it without the constant crashes there's not much to do. I have a crap ship so don't want to fight anyone, nobody at the security outpost, grabbed a gun, headed back to main hub. Got in the top turret of a Vanguard before the pilot arrived, another guy followed the pilot onboard. Waited till we left and then tried to shoot the 2nd guy with the rifle, neither of us could hurt the other, he jumped in the turret, ship crashed, I survived as wasn't sitting in a seat, then t-posed about 5 mins later so suicided.

Grabbed the gun again, far fewer constellations about, only saw one already in flight and ramtested it obviously, lots of Vanguards though, got bored and quit. I've seen the beacon mission on youtube and the abandoned station mission I'd already explored in 2.0. I couldn't think of anything else to do, the wake up, 2 door locks, climb into ship twice & ship startup animations bore me already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

AP posted:

So played again, thinking about it without the constant crashes there's not much to do. I have a crap ship so don't want to fight anyone, nobody at the security outpost, grabbed a gun, headed back to main hub. Got in the top turret of a Vanguard before the pilot arrived, another guy followed the pilot onboard. Waited till we left and then tried to shoot the 2nd guy with the rifle, neither of us could hurt the other, he jumped in the turret, ship crashed, I survived as wasn't sitting in a seat, then t-posed about 5 mins later so suicided.

Grabbed the gun again, far fewer constellations about, only saw one already in flight and ramtested it obviously, lots of Vanguards though, got bored and quit. I've seen the beacon mission on youtube and the abandoned station mission I'd already explored in 2.0. I couldn't think of anything else to do, the wake up, 2 door locks, climb into ship twice & ship startup animations bore me already.

jared's "grand theft starship" comment was accurate and it would be amazing if they finished the game (lol) but left it a virtual wild west when it came to getting into spaceships

• Locked thread