Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Being in trouble is a fake idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
Achewoods we like, for good or ill:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10172003

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Some of the Nice Pete strips are loving intense

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I love how the background fades from frame to frame to complete blackness.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

I got in like a good eight second scream

That may not sound like much but try it sometime

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I like the "cards for men" arc mainly because other men have sent me cards in the past.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

I like this one best because you know it's just Beef on the other end of the line.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Nah, the best is when he finally talks to the one other person who talks like him (Beef), and has his entire outlook changed.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Found some Achewood wallpaper just now and I'm sharing it with the class.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
:siren:NEW STRIP IS UP:siren:

This version of paleo I like.

smr
Dec 18, 2002

New Strip Today

Behold.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

A rare case of Pat seeming the more reasonable of the cat friends.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Complete rehash of the composting strip, still unable to write anyone a line that doesn't contain like five different figures of speech.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The Simpsons suck now, amirite?:v:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

We have procedures to follow here people.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Hmmm, that was.... a thing.... I guess.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I'm willing to give him some time to re-find the voices and the verve.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
Honestly, personally? In my opinion? Like my personal honest opinion? I liked it

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

ALFbrot posted:

I'm willing to give him some time to re-find the voices and the verve.
I guess I didn't mean to come off just making GBS threads on it but I mean, I don't know why this is the well he keeps going back to so often post-hiatus, these long-winded insult comic with a library card scenes between the cats and Teodor, everybody's voices tending toward the same "If I wanted to X I'd do Y with a Z" constructions. There's plenty of classic Achewood forms I wouldn't knock him for repeating -- a short, lighthearted "Phillippe misunderstands something" or "Ray starts a new business" arc would be great.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Yeah, I wanna see more of Fee-Reep.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Inspiration is not always easy to come by so I will let the man make whatever comics he wants and decide if i like them instead of begrudging him for the comics he did not make

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Also someone please tell me what is not humorous about dodgin to the left of lightning and hittin it doggy style in a lake

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

That is Really Good and Funny Achewood Writing

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
dear achewood nerds, has there been any controversy about chris onstad and his merch store other than the INFAMOUS 2nd cookbook?

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
I liked this strip. It made my facial musculature twitch with amusement.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

EXACTLY WHAT THIS THREAD NEEDS

MORE CONTROVERSY!!!

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

The Pony Incident posted:

MORE CONTROVERSY!!!

i was hoping you could just say no there has been no news, and i could merrily be on my way

someone told me there had been, and i was worried, because i love chris, and his work

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Is there something jacked with that font, or did I finally get senility?

Tarranon posted:

i was hoping you could just say no there has been no news, and i could merrily be on my way

someone told me there had been, and i was worried, because i love chris, and his work

I have had only successes from the achewood store, though I heard there was a batch of pint glasses that was lovely once maybe?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

MORE CONTROVERSY!!!

Dear Achewood Thread,
Sorry if things have been weird between us lately, I haven't noticed

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Also someone please tell me what is not humorous about dodgin to the left of lightning and hittin it doggy style in a lake

man hittin it doggy style in a lake ain't funny it's serious business I wish I was doing that now even

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
i just woke up from a nightmare where i died without ever doing it doggy style in a lake

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tarranon posted:

i just woke up from a nightmare where i died without ever doing it doggy style in a lake

I now understand where the odd sense of unease tickling at the back of my brain the last few years has been coming from.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
also i lol every time i read philippe's christmas blog

i think i might actually love them more than the comics sometimes...they're just so....choice

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
the bottom 2/3 of the strip are not great but the first three panels are excellent, i think

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Was hoping Ray would work in that he'd been eating carrion and trying not to get too much food poisoning. Totally getting that half-rotted gazelle before a leopard or an enemy does.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
For all this fussing nobody's pointed out the comma splice in the alt-text yet?
Oh Achewood, we hardly knew you, etc. etc. etc.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Howard Beale posted:

For all this fussing nobody's pointed out the comma splice in the alt-text yet?
Oh Achewood, we hardly knew you, etc. etc. etc.

It's not a comma splice (both sides aren't complete sentences) but it's not correct comma placement either. Should be a colon or nothing.

How the mighty have fallen.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm dumb and only just realized that in the first panel, Ray is talking before Pat has answered the door, and in fact Pat may have only opened the door in the first place because Ray said he was paleo.

I just love that Ray was so excited about becoming what he thought paleo is that he ran straight over to Pat's house to knock on his door and tell him - not even call him on the phone, just get right over there to excitedly tell his friend the news :allears:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't even know about anything being good but I laughed in a real way at Ray in the third panel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

The last good achewood was the one with roast beef holding a drawing of a cock in front of his cock.