Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

Brawnfire posted:

Is it possible to do it the original way, anymore? I'd love to have red velvet cake without green velvet poops

Yes, look for recipes with buttermilk and no food coloring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Tongue is good as hell but, it just looks like the most horrible loving thing ever is all.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

pienipple posted:

Yes, look for recipes with buttermilk and no food coloring.

Won't be red, though. Even if you get non-Dutch processed cocoa, it'll be a slightly reddish brown at most.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

titties posted:

Microwave mac and cheese, armor meat paste tubes in flesh jell-o, and MOTHERFUCKING BUGLES

When we move to Florida together we will eat this every weekend while sailing to st croix

I'm with it, my great grandad lived in St Croix

whiteyfats posted:

Bugles are a pretty legit snack.

e: content

A glazed donut grilled cheese that I maybe might would

Cute as heck has a new favorite as of 20:58 on Jan 15, 2016

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cute as heck posted:

I'm with it, my great grandad lived in St Croix

e: content

Would, but wouldn't tell anybody.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

This makes me laugh because the blur looks like they took the picture in a panic, as if the meat were going to attack

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

cash crab posted:

This makes me laugh because the blur looks like they took the picture in a panic, as if the meat were going to attack

Whatever's rear end that came out of, just might. How would you like people barging in on you making GBS threads?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

VendaGoat posted:

Whatever's rear end that came out of, just might. How would you like people barging in on you making GBS threads?

That's my fetish.

This, is not.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grits are delicious. :colbert:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I figure this is the right thread to ask, so just out of curiosity -- why do people like pork rinds? I picked up a bag of them the other day and they taste nasty.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

That's way too much effort to get such mediocre results.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Wanamingo posted:

I figure this is the right thread to ask, so just out of curiosity -- why do people like pork rinds? I picked up a bag of them the other day and they taste nasty.

Fried pork rinds taste like chips made with bacon grease, which is actually a fairly subtle flavour. They're also nutritionally similar to chips, except with protein rather than carbs.

Thankfully, I've never seen pickled pork rinds, but I've seen them described as 'like chewing on vinegary cellulite'.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wanamingo posted:

They're crunchy and delicious, especially with some hot sauce. Cracklins are great, too.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Wanamingo posted:

If you're on a low-carb diet they're like the one salty snack you can still enjoy. Plus you can crunch them up and use them as a low-carb substitute for breading on meats :jerky:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Pork floss is better worse.

Edit: also goes by meat wool.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Jesus....

That's just loving depressing.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Picnic Princess posted:

pork floss is real good on rice

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VendaGoat posted:

Jesus....

That's just loving depressing.

If it was for a three year old, it would be kinda cute, but I bet it's not for a toddler.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer

Cute as heck posted:

Already did and would again. It was the part of Cincinnati I liked the most :v http://www.tomandchee.com/

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

NecroMonster posted:

Tongue is good as hell but, it just looks like the most horrible loving thing ever is all.

You gotta have it sliced up as part of an egg salad sandwich.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Wanamingo posted:

If they tasted nasty they were probably stale. Like other people have said, they're mostly just crunchy and salty and taste like pork fat, but the bag you bought could have been sitting on that rack for a year.

Sleeveless posted:

If you're on a low-carb diet they're like the one salty snack you can still enjoy. Plus you can crunch them up and use them as a low-carb substitute for breading on meats :jerky:

You could eat salted nuts, or kale chips, or jerky, but breading meat with pork rinds sounds brilliant and I am going to try it.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Redbeard posted:

If they tasted nasty they were probably stale. Like other people have said, they're mostly just crunchy and salty and taste like pork fat, but the bag you bought could have been sitting on that rack for a year.

You could eat salted nuts, or kale chips, or jerky, but breading meat with pork rinds sounds brilliant and I am going to try it.

I bet they would make a nice crust for fried chicken.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I made tuna croquettes breaded with crushed pork rinds and a side of guacamole. Amazing.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I saw a two pounds of chicken feet wrapped up in the cooler while I was shopping today. They were labelled "chicken paws." I should have taken a picture, it was both gross and hilarious.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

McSpergin posted:

If your stuffing is anything like the filth that Coles and Woolworths chickens in Australia has, then :cry::barf:

The only good stuffing is made from rice and meat and vegetables and not flour or hamburger helper or any similar vein of rubbish food

Stuffing is made* from bread, chicken stock, egg, seasonings, onions, and celery. It is delicious.

(*everyone has their own goddamn recipe).

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

13Pandora13 posted:

Stuffing is made* from bread, chicken stock, egg, seasonings, onions, and celery. It is delicious.

You forgot oysters.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Pomp posted:

pork floss is real good on rice

I really like it in Vietnamese noodle bowls, but I've seen it sold in bags at convenience stores next to chips and it's really not very good eaten by itself.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I hate this very much

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Picnic Princess posted:

It's OK. I prefer a less sweet snack, but it's not bad, and is one of those things that you could easily eat a whole lot of it without meaning to.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Midwestern poutine

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Cute as heck posted:

gently caress my non-wheat-digesting intestines, I would eat one of those whenever I could if it wouldn't kill me :smithicide:

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

AlbieQuirky posted:

gently caress my non-wheat-digesting intestines, I would eat one of those whenever I could if it wouldn't kill me :smithicide:

It would kill you no matter what

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

Wanamingo posted:

pork rinds are good (especially spicy ones) but when you open the bag it smells like farts

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Redbeard posted:

No, they're within their sell by date

olaf2022 posted:

when you open the bag it smells like farts

This is true

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

13Pandora13 posted:

I wanna make some sage fried chicken on stuffing waffles with cranberry syrup now. Thanks thread.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Wanamingo posted:

No, they're within their sell by date

Only the spicy ones are good, the regular and BBQ ones taste of sadness.

Pork rinds should be dry, airy, and crunchy, but still kind of melt in your mouth. If they are moist, chewy, or hard and dense then something is wrong with them.

If you did get the spicy ones, they are still light and airy, and you still don't like them then you probably just don't like them.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

whiteyfats posted:

You forgot oysters chicken gizzards/liver/heart/other assorted guts.

FIFY.

We need a recipe book of really ugly but tasty foods.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

Wanamingo posted:

Midwestern poutine

Would, all the harsh Midwestern winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
I love pork rinds! A lot of it though depends on the maker... certain companies are not very good :(

If you can go to your local Mexican carniceria (I know I spelled that wrong...) and get them fresh? They are out of this world. So so good, I cannot even tell you. I cannot get them often from there because they are that addicting.

If you are going to Safeway though for instance, a brand called Guerrero's makes great chiccarones. Mission and Baken-ets are cheap and taste like it. However, Mission is good to use as breading or as ingredients for when I make my lowcarb stuff. Eating them straight though....the Mexican place all the way.

Oh, and the chicken hearts!!! Just hand them over here and I will take them :) Love sauteed chicken hearts! I have been known to eat a whole pack by myself. Chicken feet though lol I only use them for making stock. I pick them up at the local Asian market store...and funny enough they are labeled as "chicken paws" there too.

• Locked thread