Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

make KF2 a roguelike. random weapons/perks/loadout every time you perk.

also randomize experience level :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

make KF2 a roguelike. random weapons/perks/loadout every time you perk.

also randomize experience level :getin:

Randomize which enemy sprites get which stats. Crawler with FP hands? Scrake with Clot animations?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

nerf demo it's too OP sometimes it can kill things

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Psion posted:

man the map itself didn't even come out "months" ago, no need to exaggerate here

ok a month ago. happy?

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

nerf demo it's too OP sometimes it can kill things

common the demo cant kill anything

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

lmao

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

One complaint I do have is that there is generally one blatantly correct perk choice for each tier. For example, Medic's Combatant is one of the best skills in the game while Armament is actually actively detrimental. Same with Commando/Support and their +stagger chance or +reload speed skills. These classes are shooting to kill and have severe reload time issues; why would you want stagger chance?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Alabaster White posted:

One complaint I do have is that there is generally one blatantly correct perk choice for each tier. For example, Medic's Combatant is one of the best skills in the game while Armament is actually actively detrimental. Same with Commando/Support and their +stagger chance or +reload speed skills. These classes are shooting to kill and have severe reload time issues; why would you want stagger chance?

Supposedly the Combat Shotgun can knock down Scrakes/Fleshpounds with the extra-stagger effect if you're one of the two people on the planet who doesn't use the basic pump action until you can afford the AA-12.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

ZearothK posted:

Supposedly the Combat Shotgun can knock down Scrakes/Fleshpounds with the extra-stagger effect if you're one of the two people on the planet who doesn't use the basic pump action until you can afford the AA-12.

I get the boomstick because it rules? But yeah I always skip the M4.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Yeah "But MAYBE I can stagger a pound!" isn't really a good sell for an 8 weight weapon, with or without making the choice to stack a talent on top.

Besides which, using the carry weight talent I'd rather have a pump action+boomstick+Medic pistol, AND an AA12. Instead of just having a single combat shotgun's ammo pool to fight everything that isn't a scrake/pound with, if I still wanted an AA12.

Upping it's ammo capacity to the same as the pump action instead of less, and then adding some stagger bonus just doesn't justify it's weight and cost. I still think the best idea is to make it REALLY strong per shot, double damage minimum, to encourage and reward smart shooting vs spray N pray magdumps with the AA12.

Even if you literally DOUBLED the damage per shot on the Combat Shotty, You'd still put out more damage and reload ready for more with your AA12 in the time it takes to fire all 8 Combat shotty shots and have reloaded a single shell (on top of having a higher max ammo count of 80 vs 48). So the AA12 would still be king of shotgun mountain, but you'd actually consider taking the Combat Shotty for more than "But maybe I can stumble with this piece of poo poo?"

I wouldn't be surprised if part of why it's so poo poo, even at 8 weight Tier 3 price, is to keep people from taking it off perk and being able to dish out good shotty damage (even without the penetration bonus) without only having 2 shots per reload, or having to shell out for an AA12. I expect the 8 weight in the first place is primarily to ensure you cant take it and the AA12 without the weight talent, regardless of how much, MUCH better off you are using that spare weight to give yourself an arsenal worthy of the Doom Guy.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 15, 2016

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lovely expensive high tier weapons seems to be a thing right now, I mean look at the Eviscerator for the zerker.

thejacob
Feb 13, 2014
So this is nearly a full week old by now but nobody else brought it up so I might as well. They actually did another WWAUT post last week and while it was mostly full of nothing interesting there were at least a few promising words in there.
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?s=7bcbdf2b4c1db18b602d7618bedff672&t=115705

Yoshiro posted:

We have also made some changes to how we plan our production pipeline to allow us to be more nimble and react to non-content additions faster. This means the release of some in-between, smaller updates.
This probably cant be a bad thing right?

Yoshiro posted:

One could say we are so excited we are heading for orbit!
I would like to believe that this hints at another kf_moonbase in the next content update. If only because I want to fight blademaster Hans in low grav.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
So my brother got this game recently and was running some Normal games.

Turns out you can still kill the Pat before he has a chance to even heal once. Sometimes things are cool.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

thejacob posted:

I would like to believe that this hints at another kf_moonbase in the next content update. If only because I want to fight blademaster Hans in low grav.

I hope Patty fires his mortar rounds, which proceed to fly off into outer-space as he just looks up at them and goes "well, poo poo."

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Turns out you can still kill the Pat before he has a chance to even heal once. Sometimes things are cool.

Theoretically you can do it with Hans too. 6 Support players magdumping AA12s could probably do it no problem.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Alabaster White posted:

Theoretically you can do it with Hans too. 6 Support players magdumping AA12s could probably do it no problem.

One time on hard when we got Pat to low health, he just started casually strolling away instead of cloaking and running, so I just fried his rear end with the microwave gun. I don't know if he bugged out or what, but yes, it's possible.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

ZearothK posted:

It's a shame cause the M4 is a pretty cool gun, but the AA12 is right around the corner so why bother? Even with the stagger effect it has no niche because like I said, why bother going for a stagger when you could just magdump and kill anything in one drum?

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I get the boomstick because it rules? But yeah I always skip the M4.

The double-barrel is a pretty fun companion gun to use. Nothing beats aiming down a hallway, pressing alt-fire, and watching all the trash get pureed. A lot of pubbies don't understand situational awareness though, and sell off their Mossberg ASAP to buy it and expect it to carry them to the AA12 :gonk:

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jan 15, 2016

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

It's a hold over from KF 1 from when 6 demos used to just insta gib him. You'd lay a hallway with pipe bombs and just wait for him to run through it.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Skoll posted:

It's a hold over from KF 1 from when 6 demos used to just insta gib him. You'd lay a hallway with pipe bombs and just wait for him to run through it.

Right which is why I said still, because considering the way Hans is and the fact (I think) both bosses have explosive resistance I figured Tripwire would've made it almost impossible to still kill him that fast.

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming
My friends and I were playing a custom map once and we watched as the patriarch attempted to do his shoulder slam move to me on a set of stairs and he just flung himself off the map killing him instantly. I had no idea what was going since my friends just started laughing until I saw his corpse go careening off into the distance.

Also. I just bought this game over the steam sale and was wondering if it has a fairly active goon community? Sometimes my friends aren't around and I'd like some goons to really show me how good people can play this game.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

BlackCircle posted:

My friends and I were playing a custom map once and we watched as the patriarch attempted to do his shoulder slam move to me on a set of stairs and he just flung himself off the map killing him instantly. I had no idea what was going since my friends just started laughing until I saw his corpse go careening off into the distance.

Also. I just bought this game over the steam sale and was wondering if it has a fairly active goon community? Sometimes my friends aren't around and I'd like some goons to really show me how good people can play this game.

I've been playing on a moon map once with low gravity and when Hans hit someone who was jumping one guy flew off the map.

Alabaster White posted:

The thing is, before the Patriach patch, Armament used to be good enough you'd at least start with Combatant, and then switch to Armament, cause it let you actually increase the armor of your teammates in a meaningful way. It was a 10% healing loss then.

Nobody has any idea why it was nerfed TO THE loving GROUND so that it will never be picked by anyone again.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jan 15, 2016

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Right which is why I said still, because considering the way Hans is and the fact (I think) both bosses have explosive resistance I figured Tripwire would've made it almost impossible to still kill him that fast.

I think it's really loving stupid they gave Pat explosive resistance, which was his main weakness in KF1.

It's like, "We just released Demo, now lets make it completely loving useless.".

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

BlackCircle posted:

There's a custom with a fallaway floor to a meatgrinder mechanism. It's more fun to drop Hans down it (for no XP) than it should be.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

There's a custom with a fallaway floor to a meatgrinder mechanism. It's more fun to drop Hans down it (for no XP) than it should be.

link to this please

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Skoll posted:

I think it's really loving stupid they gave Pat explosive resistance, which was his main weakness in KF1.

It's like, "We just released Demo, now lets make it completely loving useless.".

Yeah I can see why they would want to avoid "LOL I kited the boss to a stack of explosives and one shot him I'm so pro", but the degree they went to such things (on C4 stacking, and Hans especially) is just running past the goal, leaping into the stands, and strangling people.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

http://kf2.gamebanana.com/maps/186604

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
whens the sexy siren dlc

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Alteisen posted:

whens the sexy siren dlc

That's been in since launch :getin:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

whens the sexy siren dlc

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
I guess there's some sort of Alienware Mask giveaway going on right now, played a game with a medic who had one and our other medic decided to go AFK for 10 minutes in wave 9 while he checked it out because he really wanted one too. Unfortunately he managed to survive.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah, it is happening still if people want to grab 'em.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

ZearothK posted:

Oh thanks, got one for myself.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ZearothK posted:

Got one, thanks.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
They must've added more keys because it was at ~1300 left about 5 hours ago and now it's 5800 again. Still, cool.

Psion fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jan 16, 2016

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Got a mask, totally using this on Classic Briar.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I can't believe Alienware still exists. Did nobody catch on that their stuff is overpriced underpowered garbage?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Eh, their specs are usually pretty good really, they're just hilariously overpriced by ludicrous degrees.

But the same reason some people buy Apple products one after the other, you're buying it for the logo.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Alabaster White posted:

I can't believe Alienware still exists. Did nobody catch on that their stuff is overpriced underpowered garbage?
They're loving over stupid teenagers and capital G Gamers, they'll never go out of business and that's alright in my book.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Those masks are a lot better looking than I thought they would be. I like the choice of colours too. Thanks Alienware! (Don't buy Alienware).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Kikas posted:

Armament, cause it let you actually increase the armor of your teammates in a meaningful way. It was a 10% healing loss then.

Nobody has any idea why it was nerfed TO THE loving GROUND so that it will never be picked by anyone again.

How long have you been playing tripwire's games? They've been doing this basically since ro1. They did this with ro2 and the tank rebalancing, they did it in killing floor with the barrett ammo change so you were basically asking pubbies to throw all their dosh between rounds so you could keep killing the fleshies for everyone.

As for the masks, there's a white-with-blue-eyes one like my payday mask so that's a plus