Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Evil_Greven posted:

These queue times will be crippling for anyone wanting to play. Old Man Cho has no queue it seems, and looks fairly busy.

This by itself should tell you just how much they've hosed up the game. You're going to a low pop server and it sounds like they're more or less at capacity on it, and spawns are hosed up. Now add 5x the people?

Game needs to up spawns like 20x. At least from what I had seen in the tech preview, anyway. I'll find out afterwards. I can't say I'd feel like even $1 is worth it towards the BNS team so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emergency Lion!
Feb 11, 2012
Welp...

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it
I think that after the first month queues will be very low or non-existent. For the first 3 weeks or so I could see them being pretty bad still. It's too bad we can't server transfer later.

https://twitter.com/bladeandsoul/status/688088097955811328

I think PvP is cross server, I don't know about PvE stuff though

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

teknologik posted:

I think PvP is cross server, I don't know about PvE stuff though

I believe the dungeon finder is cross-server, but I'm not positive. While that's fine, the game rewards certain amounts of world PvP so an eventually empty server would be a bad thing.

e; One hour in queue, have gone from 65 minutes to 60 minutes with 1914 people in line. I feel like there's a joke to make about NCSoft here but I'm not sure.

Bombogenesis fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 16, 2016

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

notwithoutmyanus posted:

This by itself should tell you just how much they've hosed up the game. You're going to a low pop server and it sounds like they're more or less at capacity on it, and spawns are hosed up. Now add 5x the people?

Game needs to up spawns like 20x. At least from what I had seen in the tech preview, anyway. I'll find out afterwards. I can't say I'd feel like even $1 is worth it towards the BNS team so far.
Lol queue times aren't "loving up the game". It's launch day yo

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
kinda sux that gunner/cannoneer is missing :(

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Kylra posted:

Lol queue times aren't "loving up the game". It's launch day yo

Actually, it's not even launch day. :downsrim:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
There is no sense in complaining about queue times in the first day of an early release. The populations will normalize VERY quickly especially with the F2P launch, so stay the course. Every time someone advocates switching based on a ~12 hour server uptime, often goons end up on a dead server. Just try and stay with it.

When they implement AFK disconnects it will help a LOT also, I've been abusing the poo poo out of the no-logout timer all day.

PS - Spawn times seem fine, I've had no problem killing mobs.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Actually, it's not even launch day. :downsrim:
Same principle applies!

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Even Wow still has server queue's on expansion pack release days. This is always a thing, and nothing to be alarmed about. It will continue for weeks and stop once you quit, since you will quit +/- 3 days of everyone else.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it
I'm not surprised it's like this, I'd just like to be able to play reliably this month, so personally I'll be rolling on Cho with another goon for now. If i'm with the game by the time everything normalizes I guess I can just reroll?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

teknologik posted:

How's the population on Old Man Cho?

Seems pretty busy, no stability issues and won't buckle under the hordes of people flocking to "the big one" (Mushin) for the next several months.

Happy with it.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it

DancingShade posted:

Seems pretty busy, no stability issues and won't buckle under the hordes of people flocking to "the big one" (Mushin) for the next several months.

Happy with it.

Great, i'm coming over. I'm just here to PvP and thats cross server anyway. I have a bunch of founders pack crap. If I log into OMC is it all going to x-fer on that character? I'd rather hold off on that stuff until I watch the queue on mushin for a while and see what goons are up to.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I'm pretty sure it's in your mailbox.

E: Which is account based.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it

Kylra posted:

I'm pretty sure it's in your mailbox.

Is your mailbox server specific? I just don't want them bound to a certain server atm. How does it determine what mailbox to send it to?

Edit: thanks for the edit you answered my question :D

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
Is the EU guild made?

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
"you cannot create a character on this server" - Mushin

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it

sinewave posted:

"you cannot create a character on this server" - Mushin

O..Oh. Did they disable character creation or..

edit: old man cho is telling me i can't create a character there.. what in the actual gently caress

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
Old Man Cho, Mushin, and Iksanun are currently locked for NA to character creation

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

teknologik posted:

O..Oh. Did they disable character creation or..

edit: old man cho is telling me i can't create a character there.. what in the actual gently caress

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/146617-character-restriction-schedule/

quote:

We’re excited to have had such an incredible beginning to the Blade & Soul Head Start period for Founder’s Pack owners. While we’re continuing to monitor the game service, by and large the only service issue we’ve been tracking has been that a large number of people are congregating on just a couple servers out of all of those available, resulting in some high wait times to play on those servers. To help ensure player populations are evenly spread out across all servers, we will be implementing a rotating schedule that will restrict the creation of new characters per server. Please see the below schedule for the times in which new characters cannot be created for each server.

Mushin Old Man Cho and Iksanun until midnight PST today.

e; According to the o-forums there's a patch planned tomorrow to show your exact place in the queue, but I can't find a post pointing to it other than a link to a stream.

Bombogenesis fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jan 16, 2016

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

that's some high tech poo poo right there

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it

Don't even know where to roll a character at this point. I guess I could go Poharan or Inwan and abandon all hope of playing with goons, heh

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

teknologik posted:

Don't even know where to roll a character at this point. I guess I could go Poharan or Inwan and abandon all hope of playing with goons, heh

Just roll wherever if you want to play right now. If you still want to play with a specific group of goons then just wait for all the poo poo to settle down, work out which group ended up where and server transfer later (probably for cash). Unless you happen to be on the same server anyway.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it

DancingShade posted:

Just roll wherever if you want to play right now. If you still want to play with a specific group of goons then just wait for all the poo poo to settle down, work out which group ended up where and server transfer later (probably for cash). Unless you happen to be on the same server anyway.

If they said 'yo we will have server x-fer available in a month or so'. I wouldn't give a gently caress where I rolled tbh.

edit: i'm still going to take your advice and just roll a character somewhere and chill though

teknologik fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 16, 2016

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Queue and Soul

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just deal with the queue time you babies. Splitting the population always sucks.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it

fadam posted:

Just deal with the queue time you babies. Splitting the population always sucks.

When the queue is like 3 hours long before official launch even it means some of us 'dealing with queue' = not playing B&S. I have limited time. It's not that simple.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm not sure where you guys are getting three hours from. My buddy got cutscene glitched like 20 minutes ago and he just got in.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/146617-character-restriction-schedule/

quote:

We’re excited to have had such an incredible beginning to the Blade & Soul Head Start period for Founder’s Pack owners. While we’re continuing to monitor the game service, by and large the only service issue we’ve been tracking has been that a large number of people are congregating on just a couple servers out of all of those available, resulting in some high wait times to play on those servers. To help ensure player populations are evenly spread out across all servers, we will be implementing a rotating schedule that will restrict the creation of new characters per server. Please see the below schedule for the times in which new characters cannot be created for each server.

This only affects players that do not have existing characters on the restricted servers. We’ll be continuously evaluating the rotating schedule and adjusting accordingly.

TL:DR check the link so you can make your character.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it

fadam posted:

I'm not sure where you guys are getting three hours from. My buddy got cutscene glitched like 20 minutes ago and he just got in.

im not sure how he only had a 20 minute queue

:crossarms:

Really it's not a big deal playing with goons is not a dealbreaker on this game for me so I guess it's not going to ruin my enjoyment of the game or anything, although it does make me sad.

Joining Jiwan if any other goons join lemme know and we can at least friend eachother and bitch about queues

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Have fun on your dead servers not named mushin, better luck in your second launch day mmo.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Have fun on your dead servers not named mushin, better luck in your second launch day mmo.

Thanks, I'll be playing the game instead of staring at a countdown timer for the next month.
When you get in enjoy trying to compete against 1000 other players to complete quests.

I love the launch rush but my time is more valuable then that.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Thing is the leveling is fast in this game, so it really doesn't loving matter if you just want to play.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
There's always 20 different channels you can hop between until you find a low amount of players. Worked out for me aside from loving crashing every other cutscene.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
With such a ridiculous imbalance in population, server transfers off Mushin are going to be the only way to resolve this.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

TyrantWD posted:

With such a ridiculous imbalance in population, server transfers off Mushin are going to be the only way to resolve this.

that or a server upgrade for mushin. They can't possibly have not expected this and the server schedules are only going to prevent more not actually solve the current issue

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
There's no farmville this time so who cares if you end up on a server that dies eventually? You just transfer off and lose nothing.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
If you need help with a dungeon or general advice for "How the gently caress do I even..", feel free to message Dodgin on Mushin. If you haven't found a guild and aren't goon guilding I set a small one if you feel the need to have a tag over your head. The guild name is WRESTLEMANIA, and we generally focus on crafting shitloads of needed items, arenas, and camping the hell out of people in wpvp. It's small and probably will remain so. It's also Crimson Faction

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I wonder, if I were to just queue up to log in then go to bed, if I would be in game when I woke up in a few hours. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ciaphas posted:

I wonder, if I were to just queue up to log in then go to bed, if I would be in game when I woke up in a few hours. :v:

No because nobody is going to log off. Just like in Archeage.

• Locked thread