Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
Interesting, I like that they're doing more errata and slimming down the restricted list. The grouping is nice, too.

In other news, I've been playing a mono scum deck that seems to work!

2x Droid Revolution
2x Droid's Task
2x All Out Brawl
2x Beyond the Black Sun
1x Reconnaissance Mission
1x Jabba's Orders

I basically flood the board with cheap droids and a bunch of targeted strike and control the edge. Fun to play, to boot. I'm not totally sold on Jabba's orders, but I do love extra resources and the Weequay elite aren’t bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
How about Zuckuss? It has a recurring droid, some more Force fuckery to make Droid's Task poo poo more impactful and a resource event.

[edit] I also really like errata in question, because unlike annoying poo poo like errataing focus to journey through the swamp, they're the kind of errata you don't really need to know if you're not aware of the Forbidden Combos.

Lichtenstein fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 23, 2015

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

New FAQ owns.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
New Smuggler pod looks pretty good. That event is going to be a pain in the rear end, as is the speeder bike.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/1/8/galactic-ambitions/

Looks like this is gonna finally be an exciting time for Rebel decks

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

alg posted:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/1/8/galactic-ambitions/

Looks like this is gonna finally be an exciting time for Rebel decks

Glad to see that. I got really excited about this game when it first came out, then for some reason ended up trading all of my stuff away. After seeing Force Awakens, I got all hyped again, so I decided to pick it back up to play before/after our normal rpg night. My LGS ended up having a used collection for sale that ended up having way more stuff than I think they though was in it. So I'm back in and almost caught up. Just need to get the Rogue Squadron stuff and I'm good. How is that set for Rebels anyway?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

EdsTeioh posted:

Glad to see that. I got really excited about this game when it first came out, then for some reason ended up trading all of my stuff away. After seeing Force Awakens, I got all hyped again, so I decided to pick it back up to play before/after our normal rpg night. My LGS ended up having a used collection for sale that ended up having way more stuff than I think they though was in it. So I'm back in and almost caught up. Just need to get the Rogue Squadron stuff and I'm good. How is that set for Rebels anyway?

I can't speak to the gameplay utility, but from a theming perspective the Rogue Squadron cycle is my favorite thus far.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

jivjov posted:

I can't speak to the gameplay utility, but from a theming perspective the Rogue Squadron cycle is my favorite thus far.

Good to know. We play mostly play for pew pew spaceships and laserswords.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Rebels were doing really well in that cycle until their bomb card got hit with the nerf bat. Not that it didn't deserve it but it just sent everyone back to playing Jedi.

New stuff: rebel Kyle Katarn, so good.

New Emperor, certainly worth every bit of that 6 cost. Mon Mothma v2 is drat good as well.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Hey, I asked about this game in the main LCG thread and was directed here. Got most of my questions answered already but what I want to know now is just what is recommended for me to buy if my friends and I want to try out 2v2? Just the Core? Core + X expansions/deluxe boxes? Multiple Cores?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Epi Lepi posted:

Hey, I asked about this game in the main LCG thread and was directed here. Got most of my questions answered already but what I want to know now is just what is recommended for me to buy if my friends and I want to try out 2v2? Just the Core? Core + X expansions/deluxe boxes? Multiple Cores?

You can do 2v2 with 1 Core~ if you can download the rules sheet for Balance of the Force off the FFG site and don't mind proxy-ing things like force commitment cards or the 2v2 death star dial. I'd recommend grabbing Balance of the Force though as it has the multiplayer objectives (they're only 1-offs but still) and the multiplayer death star dial.

If you're a new player just starting out grab the following:

2x Core
2x Edge of Darkness
1x Balance of the Force
1x Between the Shadows
1x Imperial Entanglements

Then go back and buy packs as you see pods(sets) you like.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

PaybackJack posted:

You can do 2v2 with 1 Core~ if you can download the rules sheet for Balance of the Force off the FFG site and don't mind proxy-ing things like force commitment cards or the 2v2 death star dial. I'd recommend grabbing Balance of the Force though as it has the multiplayer objectives (they're only 1-offs but still) and the multiplayer death star dial.

If you're a new player just starting out grab the following:

2x Core
2x Edge of Darkness
1x Balance of the Force
1x Between the Shadows
1x Imperial Entanglements

Then go back and buy packs as you see pods(sets) you like.

Do BtS and IE have full playsets or are they like EoD where you need 2?

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

My current attempts at making a decent deck with Renegade Reinforcements failed miserably, but I must say that between Last Minute Reinforcements and Hidden Backup, this set is a hell of a way to be a troll with Leia.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

EdsTeioh posted:

Do BtS and IE have full playsets or are they like EoD where you need 2?

They have two. The only time they did the 1 of was core and edge. That's because edge is core 1.5 for Smugglers and Scum.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

frgildan posted:

They have two. The only time they did the 1 of was core and edge. That's because edge is core 1.5 for Smugglers and Scum.

Rad! I'm all hyped up to get this to the table this weekend. After looking at everything, it looks like I scored 2x Core, 2x Edge, 1x balance, full Hoth cycle, full Force cycle, a bunch of the Boba Fett and Jedi Lightsaber promos and 100+ of the art sleeves for Empire, Jedi, Leia, and the lightsaber one all for $100. :toot:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

And Sith get more just crazy cards. http://teamcovenant.com/blog/2016/0...campaign=buffer

nyxnyxnyx
Jun 24, 2013

EdsTeioh posted:

Rad! I'm all hyped up to get this to the table this weekend. After looking at everything, it looks like I scored 2x Core, 2x Edge, 1x balance, full Hoth cycle, full Force cycle, a bunch of the Boba Fett and Jedi Lightsaber promos and 100+ of the art sleeves for Empire, Jedi, Leia, and the lightsaber one all for $100. :toot:

I would totally play SWLCG if I could score a deal like that. Grats!

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

nyxnyxnyx posted:

I would totally play SWLCG if I could score a deal like that. Grats!

Thanks! In a weird way, it makes me happy that I traded off all of my stuff that I got when the game launched. Still, though, since the game hit that lull, it looks like a lot of the stuff is going pretty cheap on the secondary market.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

EdsTeioh posted:

Thanks! In a weird way, it makes me happy that I traded off all of my stuff that I got when the game launched. Still, though, since the game hit that lull, it looks like a lot of the stuff is going pretty cheap on the secondary market.

Yea FFG not releasing anything for almost a year after the Hoth cycle nearly killed the game early its life cycle. I've seen an uptick in my local Meta's numbers of interested players. Releasing stuff close to on time has helped.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Just got finished messing around and getting back into the flow of the game. My friend (normal Netrunner opponent and LotR companion) played twice; me with Jedi, him with S&V. Not sure if S&V are weak or if he was just playing REALLY conservatives but I wiped the floor both games before he was able to get the Death Star to 4. Core Luke is pretty awesome, as is Moldy Crow. I got Luke out on turn 1 first game and he wasn't able to get anything else out that I couldn't kill with Luke's Targeted Strike, nor was he able to get the Force back at all. Is S&V weak, or was he just not being aggressive enough?

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

What pods was he running in his scum deck?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

[quote="EdsTeioh" post="454796563"]
Just got finished messing around and getting back into the flow of the game. My friend (normal Netrunner opponent and LotR companion) played twice; me with Jedi, him with S&V. Not sure if S&V are weak or if he was just playing REALLY conservatives but I wiped the floor both games before he was able to get the Death Star to 4. Core Luke is pretty awesome, as is Moldy Crow. I got Luke out on turn 1 first game and he wasn't able to get anything else out that I couldn't kill with Luke's Targeted Strike, nor was he able to get the Force back at all. Is S&V weak, or was he just not being aggressive enough?
[/quoteitsScum is very fiddly and difficult to play. Also Jedi are pretty op right now. Generally though I think the light side has it a bit easier as they get the first attack so the DS is always defending. A slow DS start against targeted strike Luke can be a hard mountain to climb over without having tricks and knowing your cards.

There's a reason that the Emperor and Vader make up a lot of the DS meta and its really force choke/lightning and the force icons printed on Palp/Vader.

I'd start with a classic Sith/Scum lockdown deck of Vader/Palp/Jawas/Slavers then add 2 more sets of your choice. From either Scum or Sith as none of those are faction locked.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

frgildan posted:

What pods was he running in his scum deck?

OK, looks like he had:
Bespin Exchange x2
Findsmann Institution x2
Shadow of Nar Shaddaa x2
Droid's Task x2
Trandoshian Terror x2

This was a deck that was built by the previous owner, so I'm not sure if it was supposed to be a serious deck or just stuff thrown together.

In a weird way, we both decided that we somehow enjoy this more than Netrunner. I still think Netrunner is the better game overall, but I think I end up having a more enjoyable time playing SW. Sort of like watching Star Wars vs Blade Runner; BR is definitely the better film, but it also demands more from the viewer and is overall a less "fun" experience than Star Wars.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.
Would anyone be interested in my meager collection? It's 2x Cores, 1x Edge of Darkness, and all of the Hoth Cycle. The game is fun and I love Star Wars, but I don't have time for the game any longer.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Feeple posted:

Would anyone be interested in my meager collection? It's 2x Cores, 1x Edge of Darkness, and all of the Hoth Cycle. The game is fun and I love Star Wars, but I don't have time for the game any longer.

Possibly. I've got a friend that is looking for a set. How much?

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

EdsTeioh posted:

Possibly. I've got a friend that is looking for a set. How much?

$75 plus shipping sound Ok?

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Feeple posted:

$75 plus shipping sound Ok?

Depends on how much shipping is. Can he get a quote to 32504?

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Insane spoilers of a new Navy set

It's in the form of a bad videopodcast, so just skip to the cards.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

EdsTeioh posted:

Depends on how much shipping is. Can he get a quote to 32504?

Looks like it'd be about $10. So $85 shipped?

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

I've been wondering why Virago is always underperforming compared to how okay it looks on paper. I mean, it's not Yoda, but it has perfectly reasonable statline for its cost, three force pips is nothing to sneeze at for Scum, and the ability is pure shenanigans. It's not even that reliant on what your opponent packs, because just having Elite units on board - which pretty 99% of decks do - turns it into a combined Nar Shaddaa Drift and Cut Off. Yet it is never as solid as it could have been.

I think it may be due to the fact it is never not paired with Xizor, and having four Headhunters is just to much upkeek to be free to use the ability and stay solvent.

I've tried to make a Scum vehicle/pilot build on a whim, but since it's so lopsided towards vehicle hate and I expect my meta to be roughly 50:50 or 60:40 character:vehicles, I ended up with this:

2x Masterful Manipulation
2x The Hunter's Flight
2x Nar Shadaa Drift
2x Slimiest Scheme (so many juicy chain reactions!)
1x The Hunters
1x The Hutt's Menagerie

poo poo I'd love to toy with, but got the axe:
The Grand Heist - fun as hell, but probably needs more expensive vehicles to justify Salvage Operation in self-support role along with the hideout.
The Best Credits Can Buy - this one I'm mulling quite a bit. Headhunters are blast and synergise with Boba, Rise of the Black Sun can be godlike, and it's really just the objective and Warning Shot that is geared towards vehicle hate (but it's so great at shutting down x-wings and falcons and poo poo I don't mind there being some silver bullets). Not sure what I could replace for it? Nar Shaddaa would seem like a most natural fit, but I'm concerned with Boba shenanigans not being enough to toy with all the pilot-centered cards from Hutner's flight. Then again, the champion isn't that great on its own and there's really just the two unique pilots to possibly trigger the black market exchange with.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Lichtenstein posted:

I've been wondering why Virago is always underperforming compared to how okay it looks on paper. I mean, it's not Yoda, but it has perfectly reasonable statline for its cost, three force pips is nothing to sneeze at for Scum, and the ability is pure shenanigans. It's not even that reliant on what your opponent packs, because just having Elite units on board - which pretty 99% of decks do - turns it into a combined Nar Shaddaa Drift and Cut Off. Yet it is never as solid as it could have been.

Viargo doesn't interact with Elite like you want it to. The action window for units during the refresh phase is after focus tokens have already been removed. It can gain elite but the time for it to remove the token will have already passed and the unit losing the ability will have already removed two if done on the LS turn.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Feeple posted:

Looks like it'd be about $10. So $85 shipped?

Sounds good. Email me at my username with a dot between the s and the T at gmail and I'll put you two in touch.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

EdsTeioh posted:

Sounds good. Email me at my username with a dot between the s and the T at gmail and I'll put you two in touch.

Done. Thanks!

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
My store had its Star Wars Store Championship this weekend. We had nine players, and I surprised everyone (especially myself) by taking first. My Imperial Navy deck was undefeated, but the real surprise was the success of my stupid Target of Opportunity deck, especially after I significantly changed it that morning. Thought I would share.

Objective: (10)
1x Hit and Run (Core 18-1)
2x Commando Operations (Lure of the Dark Side 102-1)
2x Against All Odds (Lure of the Dark Side 103-1)
1x Commando Raid (Between the Shadows 132-1)
2x Fortune and Fate (Imperial Entanglements 173-1)
2x Secret Weapons (New Alliances 191-1)

Objective: (10)
1x Death and Despayre (Core 29-1)
1x Deploy the Fleet (The Search for Skywalker 46-1)
1x Imperial Blockade (Edge of Darkness 88-1)
2x The Tarkin Doctrine (Imperial Entanglements 178-1)
2x Might of the Empire (Imperial Entanglements 179-1)
1x Enforced Loyalty (Imperial Entanglements 180-1)
1x Imperial Entanglements (Imperial Entanglements 181-1)
1x Sector Lockdown (New Alliances 194-1)

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Congrats, shame FFG cheaped out on the plaque this year. Still that Tarkin mat is pretty rad, might try to grab one off ebay.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

:stare:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

:swoon:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

The whole set is pretty amazing.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

PaybackJack posted:

The whole set is pretty amazing.

Balanced a bit by Luke being the only unit, but yeah, pretty great stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

New Smuggler spoilers. Kinda situational by itself, but could be amazing for a deck that runs Missions.

Speaking of missions, I got some loose thoughts about them lately:
- As a Talon Karrde afficionado, I look forward to getting missioned for some shameless clever rusing.
- Prepared Ambush was a card I didn'tinitially feel was worth the hassle, but it might be pretty sweet in that you can superlaser it for ticks and then pretty much recoup the cost by grabbing an officer (preferably resurrect Yularen).

As an unabashed jankmaster I'm also tempted to run Piett with this, for the possibility of attaching the Imperial Fist to the admiral.

• Locked thread