Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
Oh poo poo, I didn't know the dragon was getting a resize! I might have to snag two more variants to make my Flame a little snazzier. A smaller, sneakier fast heavy with an AC20 mounted at/slightly above cockpit level wouldn't be a terrible thing to have.

Kind of on the fence about keeping the free Cicada or just treating it like a free engine and selling the husk. What cool fun builds are there for two other variants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Look upon my close range punch, ye mighty, and despair.

If I was going to use this sale to buy bad gimmick robots...which 3 Spiders should I get?

Devorum fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 16, 2016

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Whichever ones you can put a single large laser on, because that poo poo is funny.

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors
Oxide chat from before: Don't run Artemis on it; you don't have the slots or the tonnage. The center torso has 2 missile hard points and 2 slots to fit, so if you run Artemis you're forgoing a whole weapon. I run a xl280, and with speed tweak go 140kph. I have 4xSRM4 and 5 tons of ammo. The only time I run out of ammo is if the match has gone on for a very long time or I've dealt around 800-1k damage. Either way, at that point you have more than pulled your weight.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I saw a Nova with 12 (IIRC) SPLs on it earlier tonight. First time I've actually been afraid of a Nova in this game. :stare:

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
A Nova is a great laser drill, you just have to have the trigger discipline and care to only get seen and to only fire when you're in range to carve a tiny hole in a motherfucker.

edit: speaking of a nova i saw one with 8 flamers and four machine guns today

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
We should play "Guess the Mech" where you crop out everything but the weapon build and then we all have to guess what terrible robutt the pubbie is running it on.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I saw a Nova with 12 (IIRC) SPLs on it earlier tonight. First time I've actually been afraid of a Nova in this game. :stare:

A 12 ER-Small/10 SPL Nova is a goddamn surgeon. The Loyalty one with the laser arms tacked on is a great moneymaker.

Bonus: If you accidentally alpha, you explode instantly.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Devorum posted:

A 12 ER-Small/10 SPL Nova is a goddamn surgeon. The Loyalty one with the laser arms tacked on is a great moneymaker.

can confirm, it happens every time I take that thing out.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

This is clearly the result of the superiorness of the Ice Ferret and not at all because the enemy pubbie team was god awful and I am running an incredibly hot build but was on alpine.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Coolwhoami posted:

This is clearly the result of the superiorness of the Ice Ferret and not at all because the enemy pubbie team was god awful and I am running an incredibly hot build but was on alpine.

the ferret weirds me out because there is like no reason for it to exist in the current game

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
there was no reason for it to exist when it came out

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
The Adder with four SRM6, ARTEMIS, and six and half tons of ammo is an absurdly fun robot, holy poo poo.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Devorum posted:

Yeah, all the ones I've seen up until now had just a generic bunch of larges/mediums, nothing particularly threatening. It turns out that many SLs/SPLs is a ton of damage and makes me want to stay the hell away.

Blackjack chat: what're the three variants to get for mastery, and which is the one to keep? BJ-1, -1DC and -1X, keep the -1 (even though AC/2s are bad)?

Also, I bought three Firestarters. Why can't they take an XL300? I have two spare, but no XL295s.

My money. :negative:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 16, 2016

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Elliotw2 posted:

there was no reason for it to exist when it came out

It's been over a year since I've even seen one.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Sard posted:

The Adder with four SRM6, ARTEMIS, and six and half tons of ammo is an absurdly fun robot, holy poo poo.

shame on you for taking off the flamer.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Devorum posted:

it is really really fun and puts out insane DPS

the only issue: no one can ever fire at you or you die instantly

I hope they rescale it down significantly. it's literally the size of an 80-tonner

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
The Nova's engine hum is lovely, too.

Though it really sucks when your arms fall off.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Pooncha posted:

The Nova's engine hum is lovely, too.

Though it really sucks when your arms fall off.

the sound design is pretty cool for the most part, especially if your robot is walking in the water so you can hear the clanks and gears turning

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Pattonesque posted:

the ferret weirds me out because there is like no reason for it to exist in the current game

All of a sudden I want to play the Ice Ferret

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Devorum posted:

Look upon my close range punch, ye mighty, and despair.

If I was going to use this sale to buy bad gimmick robots...which 3 Spiders should I get?

The ECM spider definitely. That is the real one. The question of which other two are least painful to basic out.

a 5v with 10-12 jump jets should be experienced by everyone at least once. With a BAP, its a uav on demand, and CT lasers means it can actually kinda zombie okay.

All other variants have 6 jets and are thus inferior. Of those: I don't think i've ever seen anansi on the field, and the 5k's main perk is that energy cooldown. I found mine more tolerable with a single AC2 than machineguns. You want something similar to the laserlocust on it, though.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
oxide lance best lance

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
We just ran into Team Helios again. Nothing suspicious at all that over half of us died to perfect CT hits.

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Banano posted:

oxide lance best lance

Can confirm;

What can Oxides do when they run out of ammo? Hide on opposite sides of the map while the legged cheater hobbles around for eight and a half minutes. Honorable mention to my buddy Koalotter for blowing the other guy's leg off before getting cored himself.

Takkaryx fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 16, 2016

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Takkaryx posted:

Can confirm;

What can Oxides do when they run out of ammo? Hide on opposite sides of the map while the legged cheater hobbles around for eight and a half minutes. Honorable mention to my buddy Koalotter for blowing the other guy's leg off before getting cored himself.

you could always ram his legs

I've seen it done

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Pattonesque posted:

you could always ram his legs

I've seen it done

Our weaponless ghost dad died trying that. The AC's last leg was still orange armor, and he had all of his lasers. Our AC pulled a Gandalf, and banano and I booked it for the hills.

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014

Girl Power!

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

Beraiye posted:

Girl Power!

200 damage is a big improvement over last time

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Takkaryx posted:

Our weaponless ghost dad died trying that. The AC's last leg was still orange armor, and he had all of his lasers. Our AC pulled a Gandalf, and banano and I booked it for the hills.

no shame in that

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014
Girl is now Clan Smoke Jaguar. If you haven't gotten your free stuff yet, now is the time to Join girl.

We will be rotating weekly through the clans for a while, then will continue with 30 day Jade Falcon contracts. The JF guys are pretty chill and good to play with when there are no goons around doing CW.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Yeah, all the ones I've seen up until now had just a generic bunch of larges/mediums, nothing particularly threatening. It turns out that many SLs/SPLs is a ton of damage and makes me want to stay the hell away.

Blackjack chat: what're the three variants to get for mastery, and which is the one to keep? BJ-1, -1DC and -1X, keep the -1 (even though AC/2s are bad)?

Also, I bought three Firestarters. Why can't they take an XL300? I have two spare, but no XL295s.

My money. :negative:

xl 280 5 mpl 2 ams is great at fighting clans with the S.

always go 12 at a time though

its an old CW build

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Love Stole the Day posted:

200 damage is a big improvement over last time

Is this what we are doing now?

Kinda looks like McGrady carried the day.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

TeeMerk posted:

xl 280 5 mpl 2 ams is great at fighting clans with the S.

always go 12 at a time though

its an old CW build

do IS light rushes still work? I only play CW rarely but haven't seen one in a while (from the clan side)

I just remembered we beat PL once in less than two minutes with one of those

Pattonesque fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jan 16, 2016

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
<2 minute wins are always great, fairly rare but rewarding.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012

TeeMerk posted:

Tit for tat.

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014

Vorenus posted:

Somebody didn't support their assault lance. :(

We did what we were supposed to do. Took down the first assault we saw and soaked up a bunch of damage when the rest of the team joined him.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

gently caress I love my Stalker. TY thread and that one guy on mumble last night for prompting me to make the switch to Artemis.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Wafflecopper posted:

gently caress I love my Stalker. TY thread and that one guy on mumble last night for prompting me to make the switch to Artemis.

it's ... it's beautiful

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

TeeMerk posted:

Kinda looks like McGrady carried the day.

Hello new WoL, same as the old WoL :shrek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Willfrey posted:

Hello new WoL, same as the old WoL :shrek:

Nah, old WoL had more shitlords but better pilots. Let this one retard think he's clever though, it still doesn't change the fact no one can stand him.

• Locked thread