Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
When I was in boy scouts we went on a hiking trip through a local park. It was in preparation for the 40km hike that was upcoming. We were unaware the same day a local LARP group was also using the park.

Oh that was fun. We'd be hiking along and suddenly a group of LARPers would come across us and start badgering us in character. Our Scout leader kept telling them to gently caress off but they insisted on act like we were in the LARP. The worst though was catching two of them loving in the woods. Gross.

I like this dude being Wolverine Jon Snow while everyone else seems to at least trying to be historical.

The girl is fairly AUG, but in a not really special way, its the dude in the back that refused to dress up even the slightest.

Another low effort guy there in the middle. "This fedora is ME guys"

Pretty good Sam Tarley costume, but he gets AUG for the socks with sandals. And I do not want to think how much flesh is being squeezed out there.

And then there's always some guy who uses dressing up to put on his Nazi outfit.

And the winner

AUG from the Oregon Standoff
http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/oregon-militant-website-creator-david-fry-im-not-isis/

No, all my pro Isis and Hitler tweets were just jokes, along with all the stuff about how I want to kill all jews! Just jokes!

twistedmentat has a new favorite as of 06:50 on Jan 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

quote:

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/oregon-militant-website-creator-david-fry-im-not-isis/

No, all my pro Isis and Hitler tweets were just jokes, along with all the stuff about how I want to kill all jews! Just jokes!

IT'S SATIRE MOM YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

twistedmentat posted:

"It was just a joke" is right up there with "I'm a nice guy" and "I'm not racist but" on the bullshit list. maybe somebody should tell him . . .

Has anybody else seen that Kids in the Hall skit where there's a guy on a plane to go on a business trip, and it turns out that his wife is having an affair behind his back and she booked herself and her boyfriend onto the same flight, in the seats on either side of the husband? At one point the husband yells "I can't believe you're cheating on me SO BADLY!" That about sums it up. What they're doing is totally eclipsed by the fact that they're crap at it.

twistedmentat posted:

And then there's always some guy who uses dressing up to put on his Nazi outfit.

drat waste of a guy who looks like a thinner Michael Pitt.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Wow, davey havok is still writing lyrics and making songs and poo poo?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

trickybiscuits posted:

He should have worn a white tennis outfit.

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

twistedmentat posted:

trickybiscuits posted:

That photo got me wondering whether there was such a horror as Julian Assange cosplay. All he needs is a silver wig and a grubby leather jacket, fastened right up to the neck.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It was everything I hoped and more.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Carnival of Shrews posted:

That photo got me wondering whether there was such a horror as Julian Assange cosplay. All he needs is a silver wig and a grubby leather jacket, fastened right up to the neck.

Like this?
https://www.tumblr.com/search/julian%20assange%20cosplay

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Thump! posted:

And while I'm making GBS threads on airsofters:

My god i hope the part of his name patch being covered reads: "zone"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

My god i hope the part of his name patch being covered reads: "zone"

I didn't notice that, and I'm 100% it does. I also like him trying to look tough with his baby pictures on the back wall.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

twistedmentat posted:

Pretty good Sam Tarley costume, but he gets AUG for the socks with sandals. And I do not want to think how much flesh is being squeezed out there.

I love this.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

how can these people be real

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

Well since vape LARPer seemed to be a hit, here's another photo of him from the same album (it's a public album for the LARP he's a part of, and it's chock full of AUG).

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

impossiboobs posted:

Well since vape LARPer seemed to be a hit, here's another photo of him from the same album (it's a public album for the LARP he's a part of, and it's chock full of AUG).

Traditionally, a gentleman gets his pants professionally hemmed.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

impossiboobs posted:

I mean, Kingsman was a fun movie, but loving hell.

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

Mak0rz posted:

While I'm not 100% sure, since I'm not part of the LARP, I'm pretty sure that dapper outfit is his costume for the game. It's a post-apocalyptic setting so everyone dresses like a complete buffoon.

Frayed hem = GRITTY DYSTOPIA PANTS

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Mak0rz posted:

And takes his drat hat off indoors.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

impossiboobs posted:

I love these dudes who are all "a gentleman does this and a gentleman does that" and then wear their hat indoors.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Was it a previous AUG thread where the guy who changed his legal name to MegaZone came in and was real surprised people called him a dork?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

Was it a previous AUG thread where the guy who changed his legal name to MegaZone came in and was real surprised people called him a dork?

I'm pretty sure MEGAZONE posted in more than just the AUG thread and had, in fact, registered an account here.

He was, of course, a fat white guy and complete doofus.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I used to tell racist jokes because I was a dumb sheltered white kid from white suburbia who hadnt seen enough black people and it just wasn't real in any way.

That was until telling racist jokes at a boy scout camp. It was a junior leader thing with a couple kids from the troops in the state, so we only saw these kids once a year at best. My buddy Dave and I had met this kid Mike the year before, big Celtic/Nordic lookin dude, shaved head ,big ginger beard, kid of fat but more the sturdy farmboy type.

Mike was famous for his racist jokes the year before, so Dave and I came to camp the next year as counslers with him. I guess Mike became more comfortable with us, hearing us tell a string of jokes to match his. After a while,he started telling us stories of going after "the darkies" in football and lacrosse. Making it look like hits in the game but trying to gently caress them up. There was something about chasing "a darkie" down with lacrosse sticks.

It got hosed up real quick. We stopped talking to Mike as best we could in a closed environment without it being weird. And then I stopped telling racist jokes.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I feel like we've had a real breakthrough here

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

impossiboobs posted:

While I'm not 100% sure, since I'm not part of the LARP, I'm pretty sure that dapper outfit is his costume for the game. It's a post-apocalyptic setting so everyone dresses like a complete buffoon.

Frayed hem = GRITTY DYSTOPIA PANTS

Live play game = LARP

Jfc

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
I found this nugget on Growlr tonight:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Watrick posted:

I found this nugget on Growlr tonight:

What the hap is fuckening here, Choose one (1)

a) ":v: I am specifically looking for partners who have a shaky ego and need to assert their dominance; why does everyone cheat on me?"

b) "I choose to speak about my sexuality in cutesy terms because I am an emotional infant, please harm me"

c) "90% of my social life occurs in a bar"

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

cash crab posted:

What the hap is fuckening here, Choose one (1)

a) ":v: I am specifically looking for partners who have a shaky ego and need to assert their dominance; why does everyone cheat on me?"

b) "I choose to speak about my sexuality in cutesy terms because I am an emotional infant, please harm me"

c) "90% of my social life occurs in a bar"

d) Forums poster Watrick reveals too much about his dating habits: "I found this nugget on Growlr tonight"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ooh I gotta find a the guy a friend of mine interacted with on OKC recently.

Meet, Sphincter Scorpion

His pick up technique could use some work.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pham Nuwen posted:

d) Forums poster Watrick reveals too much about his dating habits: "I found this nugget on Growlr tonight"

Oh no, a g-g-g-gay person :ohdear:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wanamingo posted:

Don't worry, if he comes after you just remember this Canadian Government video on dealing with Bear Attacks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX2wV-qu1Lc

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

twistedmentat posted:

Don't worry, if he comes after you just remember this Canadian Government video on dealing with Bear Attacks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX2wV-qu1Lc

Bu...bu...but what if he's an otter?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Wanamingo posted:

It's the existence of Growlr that's weird to me, there's a specific app for bears? I mean I guess I thought Grindr would fill that niche pretty well.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Pham Nuwen posted:

It's the existence of Growlr that's weird to me, there's a specific app for bears? I mean I guess I thought Grindr would fill that niche pretty well.

Did the Furrys on Grindr image come from this thread?

BTW, I think a decent dating site/app would not permit you to wear masks or use artwork as your profile pic for safety reasons.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Did the Furrys on Grindr image come from this thread?

BTW, I think a decent dating site/app would not permit you to wear masks or use artwork as your profile pic for safety reasons.

What do you mean, "masks", "artwork", this is the REAL ME!

Edit: hearing my parents mention how one of the local kids I'd gone to high school with was "a fuzzy, or something like that" was a sad moment, knowing that the Internet had finally arrived in my little home town.

Pham Nuwen has a new favorite as of 07:41 on Jan 16, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Pham Nuwen posted:

What do you mean, "masks", "artwork", this is the REAL ME!

I know you're kidding, but a friend of mine when she was 17 and during the age of Myspace was hit on by a guy who only used images of Anime characters on his profile, claiming that he looked just like them (all generic brown haired, skinny pretty boy characters) and 19. She being a giant weeb at the time totally bought into it and when he convinced her to meet him, he turned out to not only in his 50s, but also a known sexual predator. She was lucky she managed to get away from him, but she's still traumatized by it these days, nearly 15 years later. The cops arrested him, and when the found his computer he had been doing the same thing to about a dozen different teen girls, one as young and 13. Yikes.

There's also blanket warnings on sites like Fetlife to be on the look out for anyone who tries to hide their identities because there are people who are simply sadists attempting to exploit peoples kinks for their own sick pleasures.

quote:

Edit: hearing my parents mention how one of the local kids I'd gone to high school with was "a fuzzy, or something like that" was a sad moment, knowing that the Internet had finally arrived in my little home town.

This reminds me, I notice a lot of these people look like they're some small towns, suburbs, and other lovely boring places. I guess joining up with furries, or bronies, or sonic fandom or these other tightknit, but crazy groups are something to do because there's nothing else to do unless they want to go get jobs at the local mall.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

twistedmentat posted:

Meet, Sphincter Scorpion

I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I still find it crazy distressing that people like that exist.

E: Or more precisely, that so many of them do.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

twistedmentat posted:

Meet, Sphincter Scorpion

I'm sure it's been answered, but what is the point of the angry tirade after being politely rebuffed?
Is the girl supposed to go "Wait, now you have called me old and fat and a cum dumpster, now I want to gently caress you."?
Is it just a babyman having a tantrum?
Do the men like this feel better after the tantrum? I mean they still got rejected.
Is there a female version of this? I.E. Women who go all shouty and insulty after being rejected.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
he is a mentally ill babyman

hope this answers all ur questions

Jim Flatline
Sep 23, 2015

BrigadierSensible posted:

I'm sure it's been answered, but what is the point of the angry tirade after being politely rebuffed?
Is the girl supposed to go "Wait, now you have called me old and fat and a cum dumpster, now I want to gently caress you."?
Is it just a babyman having a tantrum?
Do the men like this feel better after the tantrum? I mean they still got rejected.
Is there a female version of this? I.E. Women who go all shouty and insulty after being rejected.

He's extremely emotionally hurt and trying to do the same to the target.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

twistedmentat posted:

Meet, Sphincter Scorpion

it's times like these you need to screencap this poo poo and send the texts to the dude's mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Everytime, but that loving Grindr pic with CyanCoyote being green makes me irrationally angry.

• Locked thread