Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Blackjack chat: what're the three variants to get for mastery, and which is the one to keep? BJ-1, -1DC and -1X, keep the -1 (even though AC/2s are bad)?

Didn't get an answer to this. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Wafflecopper posted:

Stalkerchat: I was running 4xSRM6 5xML for a long time, now rocking 4xASRM6 3xML. I think less lasers is better for me because when I have an exposed target I have a really hard time resisting going :downs: all alphas all the time :downs: instead of saving my heat for my SRMs like I know I should. Another option was dropping to ASRM4s and keeping the 5 lasers but that would be less missiles and gently caress going less missiles, if I could fit enough ammo to run 5 launchers I would. The aforementioned guy on mumble was doing it somehow but he must have had a smaller engine or something I dunno.
Now I'm not sure which variant you're rocking, but I'm inclined to try this for less lasers and more srrrrrrrrrrrrrms

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I'm running 5M too. That's not a lot of ammo, I have 5 tons with 4 launchers and often run out if I don't run off on my own die a glorious early death trying to lead a push or get a torso or two blown off in a brawl.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Oh come the gently caress on, BLACK is a loving premium-only color?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Of course it is, everyone wants black and they'll pay $6 for it

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Yolomon Wayne posted:

So is Pink and I regret nothing.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

A Mauler with two AC/20s is a bad robot, but so very fun.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Yolomon Wayne posted:

http://www.qqmercs.com/how-to-get-the-pc-gamer-skin-and-colors-for-free/

If it still works, free red, black, and grey.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

that's been closed for two years

Karasu Tengu fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jan 16, 2016

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Skoll posted:

Nah, old WoL had more shitlords but better pilots. Let this one retard think he's clever though, it still doesn't change the fact no one can stand him.

Lol no one cares

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
If you bought a package (lets say archer) and the hero add-on, which is a red one, do you get the color for all mechs or just the one which is shipped with?

INTJ but horny
Feb 3, 2011

AH, YES.
YOU FOUND MY
LAIR'S SECRET
ENTRANCE.
Heroes have unique skins and default colours, so instead of ugly green they'll be red or pink or whatever.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

The Hero patterns and colors are also their default, so you can't put them on a different mech.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Kinda thought so, thanks though.

And just to be absolutly sure:

I have 3 direwolves, all elited, one mastered.
Does that mean i can now master all Clan assaults no matter how many i have?
Does that mean i can now strip 2 direwolves of all equipment and omnipods and sell them, keeping the omnipods?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Repo Man posted:

Goon groups are fun. Exactly 1,000 damage. Also we learned that Guile's Theme is great for pumping up people to win a match.

It's already established that Guile's Theme Goes With Everything.

ZombyDog posted:

Now I'm not sure which variant you're rocking, but I'm inclined to try this for less lasers and more srrrrrrrrrrrrrms

I'd be tempted to leave the entire right side empty of weapons and have 3xASRM6 3x Large Laser and use the right side to shield the left side. The nice thing about bullet nosed mechs (see also: the marauder) is that you can deadside extremely effectively, and 3xLL 3xASRM6 is still a huge amount of firepower.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jan 16, 2016

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Kinda thought so, thanks though.

And just to be absolutly sure:

I have 3 direwolves, all elited, one mastered.
Does that mean i can now master all Clan assaults no matter how many i have?
Does that mean i can now strip 2 direwolves of all equipment and omnipods and sell them, keeping the omnipods?
Master? Yes, as long as you have the basics unlocked for 3 of the Mech chassis you intend to master.
Yes.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
So i only need to decide which center torso to keep.
Prime is going, cause hes got nothing.
S- has a jumpjet and a missile hardpoint, whereas the B- has no jets but 2 slots for 1 energy hardpoint.
Im leaning towards the S, but im not convinced.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
So tempted to get the Warhammer now. But I think I'll hold off, my marauders are doing just fine.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
The four asrm6 + ac/20 atlas S is hilarious. Anything that gets in range is just dead.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I was playing Barbie Dress-Up with my robots and I realized while perusing around the colors that there are a few that you can actually purchase with C-Bills rather than MC:

Nothing special, but I thought I'd post this because I think we all were under the impression that every color is MC-only.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I still believe firmly that black and white should count as basic and be non-premium :colbert:

Other than that, when was the last time maddogs or ebon jags where on sale?
I dont want to buy them over the weekend to find them on sale next week.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I still believe firmly that black and white should count as basic and be non-premium :colbert:

Other than that, when was the last time maddogs or ebon jags where on sale?
I dont want to buy them over the weekend to find them on sale next week.

I'm not sure I've seen Jags on sale at all.

Don't buy a Vulture.

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014

Love Stole the Day posted:

I was playing Barbie Dress-Up with my robots and I realized while perusing around the colors that there are a few that you can actually purchase with C-Bills rather than MC:

Nothing special, but I thought I'd post this because I think we all were under the impression that every color is MC-only.

I hadn't thought about that in ages. I bought them all up so long ago I'd forgotten they were there.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
how do you build your cent D banano?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Devorum posted:

If I was going to use this sale to buy bad gimmick robots...which 3 Spiders should I get?

SDR-5K (Furious)
SDR-5K (Fast)
Large Pulse Laser, 4 machine guns, 1 ton of ammo (put it in the head), XL 255. You'll be under-armoring your arms and cockpit but it doesn't matter, you'll almost never lose the arms anyway and the Spider's cockpit hitbox is so small I'm pretty sure it can only take damage from artillery / airstrikes. This is pretty much exactly what I run. It's pretty funny when it scores kills.

50% energy cooldown + 5% fast fire + 12% LPL cooldown module = good times with that large pulse laser.

SDR-5V (Jumpy)
SDR-5V (Fast)
2 medium pulse lasers, 12 jump jets, XL 255. :v: (better would be 2 medium pulse, 1 jump jet, and a huge engine). Fast version's probably the better of the two, but I can't name another `Mech that wants an XL 285.

30% energy cooldown means the 5V can run hotter than you'd expect.

SDR-5D (Sniper)
SDR-5D (WubWub)
The other reason you want an XL 255: The Spider 5D can't mount a bigger engine. ECM and whatever (3 medium pulse lasers is the better build, probably).

The 5D's quirks are pretty :mediocre: but it does get ECM.

Except for the 5D (which is stuck with an XL 255) most spiders can mount a big enough engine to match the Locust in speed. The XL 285's pretty specialized so you don't absolutely need to buy one if you're saving for other things and have an XL 255 already.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jan 16, 2016

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I don't see any reason to put an XL engine on a spider 5V.

Especially one as small as a 255.

Just rock This and be a fast as gently caress zombie light. No arms? No torsos? No problem.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jan 16, 2016

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Devorum posted:

I'm not sure I've seen Jags on sale at all.

Don't buy a Vulture.

I dont see any vultures, is this code for "Mad Dog"
If so, why?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Yolomon Wayne posted:

If so, why?

The clan mechs had different names in the older games, tabletop and books. From what I remember: Mad dog was vulture, Warhawk was masakari, timberwolf was mad cat, dire wolf was daishi, stormcrow was ryoken, kit fox was uller and shadowcat may have been blackhawk.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
And i shouldnt buy it because its bad?
Theres one with 2 gauss cannons.
Not one, but 2.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Bait and Swatch posted:

The clan mechs had different names in the older games, tabletop and books. From what I remember: Mad dog was vulture, Warhawk was masakari, timberwolf was mad cat, dire wolf was daishi, stormcrow was ryoken, kit fox was uller and shadowcat may have been blackhawk.

The early clan invasion mechs all had IS "reporting names" as well as clan names.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Yolomon Wayne posted:

If so, why?

Bait and Swatch posted:

"Vulture" is the IS name for the Mad Dog.

All the clan robots from the Invasion era have IS names, too, since the IS didn't know their clan names.

The Blackhawk is the Nova.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Devorum posted:

"Vulture" is the IS name for the Mad Dog.

All the clan robots from the Invasion era have IS names, too, since the IS didn't know their clan names.

The Blackhawk is the Nova.

You said i shouldnt buy one, is it that bad?

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Yolomon Wayne posted:

And i shouldnt buy it because its bad?
Theres one with 2 gauss cannons.
Not one, but 2.

It's ten tons lighter than a Timberwolf and has only one gimmick, the ability to mount more SRM6s than you'll ever need. Everything else the Timberwolf does better.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Yolomon Wayne posted:

You said i shouldnt buy one, is it that bad?

They're pretty bad. Whenever I see them, they die fast and easy. They're a heavy that I don't fear going straight up against in a Cicada.

Of course, people tend to LRM boat with them. They might be better with SRMs.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Concerning faction play, i have to consider weight, and a timber would be too heavy for my setup.
Incindently, the LRM maddog was the first mech i bought when i started (because it looked cool and sounded good), so i kinda built my current clan lance around the weight limit of 30-60-65-100.
I could of course, also go for a second jaguar since they upped the limit again to 260.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Mad Dogs are under armored support platforms. LRMs are bad, don't use them. They can fit a ton of SRMs, but don't have the durability to hang around in the ranges where SRMs are effective. The Stormcrow is better in every respect as a gun platform, brawler, and interdictor, and the heavier clan heavies are more durable for in close work. If you want to pack two gauss on something, get an ebon Jaguar. It has more tonnage to do the work, and it's better armored and has better mounting points.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Devorum posted:

They're pretty bad. Whenever I see them, they die fast and easy. They're a heavy that I don't fear going straight up against in a Cicada.

Of course, people tend to LRM boat with them. They might be better with SRMs.

They're okay with SRMs but honestly they are so goddamn squishy that they really can't help in a brawl - just clean up after.

Those are basically your two choices with the Mad Dog: be an SRM glass cannon or an LRM machine gun.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
The problem with the vulture has been pretty clearly shown here. It's pretty much a two trick pony and there are plenty of other mechs that do the same tricks better. It's a shame really, I liked it in MW2.

Also it's really funny when some publord declares the game lost and the team poo poo the second he dies and then you go on to pull off a win. Less fun is managing to get six kills by myself, making GBS threads out over a thousand damage and STILL getting a loss.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I see.
A shame though, it is one of the best looking machines available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I see.
A shame though, it is one of the best looking machines available.

I was equally disappointed. The Vulture has been a favorite of mine since MW2, and I love the way it looks.

• Locked thread