Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Can someone confirm what Advanced Cranks drop off of? I was told the Seidrs over Cauldros, but they don't seem to want to cough them up no matter what appendage I break.

It is Seidrs, they're just stupidly rare. The only reason I wouldn't say reward ticket them is due to how easy it is to kill shitloads of Seidrs quickly. They're one of the most annoying parts to farm though, because they're a low chance green quality body drop and there's no real way to influence them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicaden
Feb 17, 2012
I just picked up the game a few days ago. I just beat Chapter 5 and was wondering if there's a Colony 6 style construction quest chain like in the original Xenoblade. Could someone let me know, preferably without spoiling the rest of the game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nicaden posted:

I just picked up the game a few days ago. I just beat Chapter 5 and was wondering if there's a Colony 6 style construction quest chain like in the original Xenoblade. Could someone let me know, preferably without spoiling the rest of the game.

The equivalent is getting all kinds of new species to come join your city through specific Affinity Missions, adding more side-quests and general nice little vignettes of them interacting with the locals through overhead conversations.

Nicaden
Feb 17, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The equivalent is getting all kinds of new species to come join your city through specific Affinity Missions, adding more side-quests and general nice little vignettes of them interacting with the locals through overhead conversations.

I figured that'd be the case with the end of Chapter 5. Sounds like it'll make NLA more lively which is fine with me. Thanks for the quick response.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

This talk about stylish clothing made me want to update my look.

I am looking goooood now.

All that purple in the background makes it look like a very hip nightclub.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Darth TNT posted:

All that purple in the background makes it look like a very hip nightclub.

I was going for a Third Street Saints look, but yeah, pretty much!

(Did you know Doug looks just like Johnny Gat if you put some sport shades on him?)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

My dude's done saving the city, so he's kicking back and going lazy with a hoodie :effort:.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do you have to download the fifteen gigs to play this game disc version?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Abu Dave posted:

It's not required but it's recommended. It helps with loading and such.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

OK, this is getting ridiculous. Even with level 50/30/30/30 skells I still can't make it through Chapter 12. Now it's this chimera fight. AND I have to do the whole thing over again because I lost my skells now.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

OK, this is getting ridiculous. Even with level 50/30/30/30 skells I still can't make it through Chapter 12. Now it's this chimera fight. AND I have to do the whole thing over again because I lost my skells now.

Just get your skells back and then die on foot to the boss 3 times so it drops the difficulty.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Load up your Skells with G-Busters and Stun-inflicting weapons. The final boss dazes pretty easily, and if you're fast enough on the first G-Buster swing he can never pull his fuel-drain move to force you onto the ground because he's stuck being held in a Bind. Keep up stuns and Binds, and he goes down like a chump

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Do the Chimera enemies turn up anywhere else in the game? They have a cool design.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

There's a single Chimera boss that pops up post-game, but I haven't seen any others.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Abu Dave posted:

I didn't have space to do that and it's been running and loading just fine. Aside from the initial load into the game, the load times aren't noticeably worse than other modern open world games.

there's also a bunch of unreal 3 style layered texture pop-in that happens sometimes when you enter an area, and maybe the load packs help with those, but it doesn't hinder gameplay so who cares

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Aight cool thanks.

Started playing it, Jesus did we really need the two hours of cutscenes right after the prologue??

Also the anine eyes are really unnerving

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
"I need to give this girl a gift."
"How about a bracelet?"
"Great! But where can I find something like that on this planet?"
"How this shiny rare rock? We can spend time looking for one instead of the Lifehold."
"Nice! I'll just take it over to the jewelry store right over there and have it made into a bracelet!"

I thought the side quests seemed disconnected from the story but this one seems disconnected from itself.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kill the Chimera queen first, once she's dead no more chimeras will spawn.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
oh man, I'm at chapter nine fighting the samurai pizza cats. I beat the first part, but then they boarded the robots. I only have the robot I got for free. Do I need to buy more robots?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Safety Scissors posted:

oh man, I'm at chapter nine fighting the samurai pizza cats. I beat the first part, but then they boarded the robots. I only have the robot I got for free. Do I need to buy more robots?

Probably, yeah.

The thing I enjoyed the most about that chapter was how they do these big flourishes pulling out their weapons, then your party just with no fanfare pulls out their weapons normally. I mean yeah it's because they didn't bother to put in special animations, but the party not caring about that poo poo is funny.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

chumbler posted:

Probably, yeah.

The thing I enjoyed the most about that chapter was how they do these big flourishes pulling out their weapons, then your party just with no fanfare pulls out their weapons normally. I mean yeah it's because they didn't bother to put in special animations, but the party not caring about that poo poo is funny.

The world is just too big. It should have been scaled down 30-40% and a lot more attention should have been payed to the details. How many robots do I need and what kinds? I can only get level 30 ones.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Safety Scissors posted:

The world is just too big. It should have been scaled down 30-40% and a lot more attention should have been payed to the details. How many robots do I need and what kinds? I can only get level 30 ones.

You gotta level up the Sakuraba Weapon manufacture to 5 in order to get the level 50 mechs.

also you have to be level 50 yourself

As far as non endgame mechs go, always get the Heavy mechs, Everything else is not worth your time.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Safety Scissors posted:

How are you at Chapter 9 and still using the lovely L20 Urban :psyduck:. Go get yourself an Amdusias or two, or they're gonna push your poo poo in.

chumbler posted:

Probably, yeah.

"This is going to be one of those days :rolleyes:"

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
So, quick list of the cool (and not so cool) skell stuff I know of:

G-Buster and G2 Buster, Phoenix?: Puges or Pugiliths
Various spare weapons: Puges. Puges drop most of the spare weapons you want, though different ones drop from different varieties it seems.
M-missile shoulder weapons: Pugiliths again. These are great for farming, since at least two varieties will target all enemy appendages, even if you can't get them normally from a skell. Also great for refueling if you can smash parts easily, since Qmoeva and the like have many, many limbs.
beam cannons, railguns, ether bubbles, bombs, ect.: Qmoeva, only if you break the weapons. The only ones that might be worth it are probably the railgun or the beam weapons.
G-claw, missiles of various types, G-revolvers, etc: Galdrs. None of this seems really usefull. Might be usefull on your builds though?
Arm Shields: rare from Galdrs, probably arms
F-waves: Zigs. Why do you want these?
Night cage, missiles of some sort, beam cannons of some sort: Seidrs. The Night Cage looks really cool, but usefulness is debatable. The cannons seem like a half decent weapon.
Antipulsars, F-cannons: Orc Servs. Pure debuff weapons, not really interesting.
Drones: Xe-Doms. Pretty neat, also great if you want to be Gundam
Various shoulder shields: Fal-swo. Most of these are kind of meh, but the gravity one is absolutely beastly for the effort you need to get it.
Only skell body parts: Xerns. Seriously, not worth the effort of killing them.
Several beam hand weapons, beam arrows, probably more: Sylooths of Sylvalum. These are actually kind of neat, I find, and can do a fair bit of damage with a beam build.
Buster rifles, Dragons, Disc Bombs, ect: Milsaadi savages.The enemies only show up in a few places, but the drops are amazing. The Disc bombs are sidearms that could potentially allow for infinite skell overdrive if they have extended magazines, and act as thermal shotguns. The others are just pretty drat cool.
Dark God: rare from Vita. Its essentially an ether based G-buster that keeps enemies from regenerating health. Not useful but looks really nice.

You can also get other sidearms from other humanoid enemies with alarming frequency, but most are just swords or rods and the like.
I also cannot for the life of me remember if Quos drop anything worth thinking about, or only skell frame body parts.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Finally beat the game. I definitely enjoyed the game and got my moneys' worth, but it feels It feels like the scope of the game was going to be bigger, and what we got was kind of rushed out the door halfway through development with a lot of cut content. I assume cut content was anything involving L., Celica, and Rock, since why would they make new models for random characters when they could have just as easily used a Prone or human? Was the game meant to be a MMORPG when they first started developing it? That would somewhat explain the endgame farming and bland characters. I have a stronger memory of the characters and plot from the first game, which I played when it first came out in 2012, compared to the game I played yesterday.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Ashsaber posted:

F-waves: Zigs. Why do you want these?

The Sakuraba one is great for a party heal if you slap it on a Skell with good Potential (lmao @ Yggralith Zero), and the Meredith one stuns everything in range and sucks up like 150 units of fuel for every mechanoid in range. Don't underestimate them just because they don't barf out damage!

Also, for my money, the best things to farm for Skell weapons are the hermit Qmoevas at the area where your lifepod is at the beginning of the game. I've never seen them drop anything less than the 60 variant for their weapons and they've dropped tons of rare weapons for me: Buster Launchers, Meteor Launchers, Grenade Launchers, Dragons, and Hyper Rails. Sometimes you'll even get really lucky and get the 60 variant of those too. (A tyrant Qmoeva appears there in the day but he only seems to drop junk)

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Hey, I beat the game! Overall, I had a lot of fun. I might keep going too. The only thing really stopping me from making an Ares90 is the 100,000 miranium. I just dont know where to get all the probes i need to do that. How are the other level 60 skells? Any of them worth making in the meantime? I'm trying to raise Alexa's affinity to get the Excavator.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Excavators are a good first L60 Skell because they are super cheap to make compared to all the rest, which require lots of rare materials. I only just got my first "proper" L60 Skell (Lailah Queen) but the power jump seems to be like the jump from 30 to 50. But don't feel like you need to rush, a tricked-out L50 can go farther than you think.

As for more probes.... do as many side quest missions as you can find(especially the Off the Record ones if you haven't already), and look around for treasure everywhere. Up high, down low, in caves... just keep an eye out for that little yellow square

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Hey, I beat the game! Overall, I had a lot of fun. I might keep going too. The only thing really stopping me from making an Ares90 is the 100,000 miranium. I just dont know where to get all the probes i need to do that. How are the other level 60 skells? Any of them worth making in the meantime? I'm trying to raise Alexa's affinity to get the Excavator.

Remember the power jump from a level 30 skell to a level 50? yeah, a level 60 skell (other than the excavator) is another jump in power like that. The Excavator itself is probably more like a level 55 skell, I found. as for how to get the Miranium needed to make an Ares 90, I used this to find them.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

This is incorrect. The crappy basic quests require this, the ones with actual side-story content don't. Don't do the basic "collect ten pig asses" quests, just roll through the list once in a while and pick the ones that will auto-complete due to you having them already.

What? You're wrong. There's plenty of proper side quests that have gathering. I don't mean the board either. As an example BOTH of Professor B's quests do and they're important.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

How many affinity missions is Lao in? I think I'm getting to the point where he'll be unavailable and want to know if I need to do boost affinity further or look for a prompt before I reach the point of no return I think I've done the one, and maybe a second?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I'm pretty sure they're all required to advance the story.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TurnipFritter posted:

I'm pretty sure they're all required to advance the story.

Anything relevant to that is part of the story. His Heart-to-Heart's aren't even Segment stars, so don't worry about missing them.

On a general note, if you're worried about accidentally giving Lao vanity items, Doug's five-heart Heart-to-Heart ends with him giving Lao's stuff to you.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The Skell combat really makes me appreciate the non-Skell classes more. Their weapons have abilities that compliment each other, and then you can mix and match to suit your whims as you master stuff. Skell ones just seem to be a mess of things sitting in a vacuum, and so there's less strategy in combat and more "hit things when they come up".

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Finally got a robot, how do I deal with how expensive the frames are?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Augus posted:

Finally got a robot, how do I deal with how expensive the frames are?

"Set up FrontierNav to give shitloads of money" usually works.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Is it just psychological, or is there an actual correlation between affinity and frequency of soul voice prompts?

Aside from Nagi, and maybe Lin or Elma it seems everyone is stone silent for the first one or two hearts, then won't shut up once you reach 3?

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

As far as non endgame mechs go, always get the Heavy mechs, Everything else is not worth your time.

A lv50 Verus geared for Evasion will be almost invulnerable to anything that isn't a major 60+ tyrant, and can still go one on one with some of those 60+ tyrants anyway. And it's less than half the cost of an amadusia.

If you're at the point where you're trying to save up the 4mil or whatever for a lv50 heavy, you might as well just skip that step entirely and work toward the postgame 60 mechs.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
:siren: The Global Nemesis is below Half RP fight him now while you have the chance :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Psycho Landlord posted:

There's a single Chimera boss that pops up post-game, but I haven't seen any others.

That's it. His encyclopedia entry even says as much, funnily enough.

• Locked thread