Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

zen death robot posted:

So do the Rams have to keep the name on their 1999 season trophy as St Louis Rams?

why wouldn't they? It's the same franchise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Grittybeard posted:

I pretty much universally prefer the uniforms everyone had in the 80s/early 90s. Sure the Broncos looked kinda silly but their new stuff looks worse to me, creamsicles has a lot of haters but damned if I don't prefer that to now or the pewter ones. Philly needs to go back to kelly green like right the gently caress now.

Agreed. The blue and yellow Rams and powder blue Chargers unis are the best unused Unis in the league.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Ross Angeles posted:

why wouldn't they? It's the same franchise

For a laugh, I looked at the Wikipedia talk page for the Rams and there are apparently people who sincerely believe that the situation is equivalent to changing the team's name and losing all the franchise's history. It is amazingly stupid.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Creamsicle Tampa loving owned, I think most negative associations with that scheme come from that team being so godawful while playing in those unis. Totally agree with Philly and kelly green and LA and blue and yellow.

I think the current Seahawks uniforms are supposed to be kinda ugly and loud, it was an attempt to jar loose their status as the most anonymous NFL team. God, those mid 2000s all blues were ugly. Wish they would throwback to the older uniforms sometime, it's a cool design that is nicely tied into the native art the helmet was based off of. Unfortunately, it wouldn't work with the NFL's one-helmet rule.

e. actual news: did we know that Mark Davis owns a possible stadium site north of San Antonio? http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25450564/report-raiders-have-secured-land-near-san-antonio-for-possible-move

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jan 16, 2016

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

gently caress the one helmet rule.

Also bring back the Bills' red helmets :colbert:

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

zen death robot posted:

So do the Rams have to keep the name on their 1999 season trophy as St Louis Rams?

drat right :colbert:

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

It's true. They switched to red helmets and next thing you know they have Bruce Smith, Cornelius Bennet, Thurman Thomas and Jim Kelly. It could work again.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
CityLab did a piece on how Angelenos might choose their team in the event of two moving: http://www.citylab.com/work/2016/01/its-time-for-la-fans-to-decide-chargers-or-rams/424161/?utm_source=atlfb

Sound accurate? I've only bee to SoCal a couple of times and don't know any sports fans from there.

jorty
May 11, 2015

grump_dog.jpg
Lipstick Apathy

How do they manage to get the whole team under one helmet?

Also holy heck the Bills' red helmets look amazing. Why did they change to white? :\

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I like the white helmets more. I think the current iteration of the Buffalo uniform is the best (when they're not going blue-on-blue or color rush, anyway).

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The rest of the uni is the best it's ever been, especially the current home uni which is one of the best unis ever, period, but the red helmets were just a cool unique thing. Especially since 2 our of 3 of the other teams in the division wear white ones too.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ross Angeles posted:

bring back the Fouts era Chargers uniforms

Bring back the Lance Alworth era Chargers unis

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

MechaFrogzilla posted:

e. actual news: did we know that Mark Davis owns a possible stadium site north of San Antonio? http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25450564/report-raiders-have-secured-land-near-san-antonio-for-possible-move

Hmm, and he has some billionaire backers too, so that would relieve a lot of the stress of moving fees and the like.

I think the most likely scenario is that they stay in Oakland for 2016, assess the situation in LA, and make preliminary deals with San Antonio if dealing with the Rams is too onerous.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Not to mention, if the Raiders move to San Antonio quickly, they have the Alamodome just waiting while their main stadium gets built. And the Alamodome is better than a lot of teams' home stadiums.

Plus, that land is like, equidistant between San Antonio and Austin. So doubling up on home markets.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

CityLab did a piece on how Angelenos might choose their team in the event of two moving: http://www.citylab.com/work/2016/01/its-time-for-la-fans-to-decide-chargers-or-rams/424161/?utm_source=atlfb

Sound accurate? I've only bee to SoCal a couple of times and don't know any sports fans from there.

No one in LA gives a poo poo about the Chargers. Everyone loves the Rams.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

That's why I'm so fond of the Pittsburgh teams. They all have consistent branding :allears:

I love how even the Penguins blue is on the city's flag.

Dumb Pirates getting red out of loving nowhere though

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

FCKGW posted:

No one in LA gives a poo poo about the Chargers. Everyone loves the Rams.

This is true:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/16/rams-fans-boo-prospect-of-sharing-stadium-with-chargers/

The Chargers never provided any proof that 25% of their fanbase came from there.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
When the Raiders were in LA, the NFL and NHL team matched, when the Rams were in St Louis, the NHL team and the NFL team had similar colors

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Top Hats Monthly posted:

When the Raiders were in LA, the NFL and NHL team matched, when the Rams were in St Louis, the NHL team and the NFL team had similar colors

NYC has the Mets and Knicks and Islanders matching, and the Giants and Rangers.

And then the Jets are the outlier.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Glass of Milk posted:

This is true:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/16/rams-fans-boo-prospect-of-sharing-stadium-with-chargers/

The Chargers never provided any proof that 25% of their fanbase came from there.

It's not a real number. It doesn't exist. It's one of the few things I agree with Colin Cowherd on.

"Dean Spanos says that 25% of his revenue comes from Orange County/LA. Yeah? Prove it."

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

Ross Angeles posted:

It's not a real number. It doesn't exist. It's one of the few things I agree with Colin Cowherd on.

"Dean Spanos says that 25% of his revenue comes from Orange County/LA. Yeah? Prove it."

Plus, people in San Clemente are probably much more likely to support the Chargers than say someone in Chatsworth. I wonder how that 25% breaks down between OC/LA counties...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

NYC has the Mets and Knicks and Islanders matching, and the Giants and Rangers.

And then the Jets are the outlier.

the jets are green because leon hess wanted to use them to advertise his gas stations

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The one helmet rule sucks because having alternate helmets is cool, but I totally get the logic of the danger behind having players use new helmets all the time instead of one that they have broken in and are used to.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

chupacabraTERROR posted:

Plus, people in San Clemente are probably much more likely to support the Chargers than say someone in Chatsworth. I wonder how that 25% breaks down between OC/LA counties...
People in Orange County are mostly fans of Teams that are Good. If the Chargers were good, everyone there would be a Charger fan.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Volkerball posted:

The one helmet rule sucks because having alternate helmets is cool, but I totally get the logic of the danger behind having players use new helmets all the time instead of one that they have broken in and are used to.

The NFL doing tiny weird things for player safety but nothing huge? Color me shocked!!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Top Hats Monthly posted:

The NFL doing tiny weird things for player safety but nothing huge? Color me shocked!!

what is a reform you would like to see

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I mean yes, it's not there yet but the NFL has been pretty serious about concussions in the past few years. The fact that players are actually forced to miss games to recover from concussions even if they think they are ready is a huge step in the right direction.

Antonio Brown missing a playoff game because of concussions should tell you they are taking this a lot more seriously.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Volkerball posted:

what is a reform you would like to see

My vote is for rugby tackling rules. Nothing below the shoulders, nothing below the waist. Forces clean tackles, none of this stupid catching ankles.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Volkerball posted:

Can't they just paint them?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Can't they just paint them?

I've wondered that myself honestly.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

My vote is for rugby tackling rules. Nothing below the shoulders, nothing below the waist. Forces clean tackles, none of this stupid catching ankles.

Hopefully you mean nothing above the shoulders

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Adun posted:

Hopefully you mean nothing above the shoulders

Dang, of course.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
My still existing Orange County friend count has 1 Rams fan since forever and 1 Chargers fan (who switched to SD 20+ years ago after being a Houston Oilers fan and barfing in his mouth at the thought of ever supporting the Titans - like the other Houston fan in this thread)

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Keyser S0ze posted:

the other Houston fan in this thread
There are dozens of us! DOZENS OF US!

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I was guessing you guys all really just miss the Oilers though, and only tolerate the replacement Houston Texans because you really couldn't tolerate supporting the Cowboys.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Yeah those of us who were around and old enough to appreciate the Oilers would probably prefer just never having lost them, of course. But it's not like we're "settling" for the Texans (any more than any fan does for their team). And supporting the Cowboys has never been an option for any Houstonian.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Top Hats Monthly posted:

So what you're saying is that the Raiders should move to San Antonio

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

So what you're saying is that the Raiders should move to San Antonio

Lakers back to Minnesota, raiders to la, spurs to la.

White sox to la.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Forcing the South Side of Chicago to root for the Cubs would be so hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Keyser S0ze posted:

I was guessing you guys all really just miss the Oilers though, and only tolerate the replacement Houston Texans because you really couldn't tolerate supporting the Cowboys.

I'm old enough to remember the Oilers and the assholery of Bud Adams, but I wasn't invested enough in football at the time to follow them to Tennessee or switch to the Cowboys. Now that Bud is dead (and the Titans haven't really had our number anyway) no one really seems to hate the Titans. The Texans are our team, and another vehicle for our Dallas rivalry.

• Locked thread