Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

EvilHawk posted:

This is now a done deal:

This is a good signing imo, he'll probably do well and even if he doesn't 4m is peanuts these days so no big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

It's a special time of year

https://twitter.com/BBCMOTD/status/688369599574859777

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Blue Star Error posted:

Looks like Wolfsburg centre back Timm Klose will be signing for Norwich medical permiting. Is he any good? He'd struggle to be worse than our current cbs.

Bog average defender, but he's pretty much the best Norwich can do overpaying for dross.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Also Hugo Almeida to Hannover is a Done Deal.

https://twitter.com/bundesliga_de/status/688391018941648896

Healbot fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jan 16, 2016

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Healbot posted:

Also Hugo Almeida to Hannover is a Done Deal.

lol

I had no idea he was still alive

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Nice sweater, though.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
He was quite poo poo in Kuban and Anzhi even by their standards

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Not satisfied with buying all the Norwegian players, Celtic manager Ronny Deila has turned his attention to the Danish Superleague and noted Mesut Özil impersonator, Rasmus Falk.

And also FC Midtjylland centre back (and Danish international player) Erik Sviatchenko.

Maybe next season he'll graduate to signing players from the Eredivisie.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Most people here are surprised that no better clubs are in for Sviatchenko, think he will do well for Celtic.

Falk is probably too poo poo on the other hand. He's technically gifted but with almost no end product. I'm glad Copenhagen are avoiding him.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

That Polish keeper has joined Liverpool:

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Can he play tomorrow

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
He'll have to ask his mum.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

chuggo is BACK posted:

Can he play tomorrow

Sorry his hamstring is gone.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

There are apparently some rumours that OM is in for Gervinho

What a club

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Jason Sextro posted:

There are apparently some rumours that OM is in for Gervinho

What a club

The Italian press seem to feel he's headed to China.

LA Galaxy are about to sign Ashley Cole, Nigel De Jong, and Jelle Van Damme.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-galaxy-cole-van-damme-de-jong-20160116-story.html

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
im glad big nige is finally stepping up once again after slumming it for a few years

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Apparently Cristian Tello might be signing for Fiorentina. Anyone tell me a bit about him?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Soulex posted:

Apparently Cristian Tello might be signing for Fiorentina. Anyone tell me a bit about him?

A mediocre La Masia product.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

trem_two posted:

The Italian press seem to feel he's headed to China.

LA Galaxy are about to sign Ashley Cole, Nigel De Jong, and Jelle Van Damme.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-galaxy-cole-van-damme-de-jong-20160116-story.html

Big Nigel finally getting to a big club

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

im glad big nige is finally stepping up once again after slumming it for a few years

Jason Sextro posted:

Whoa.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

That is a very retro-looking shirt.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Frankston posted:

That is a very retro-looking shirt.

Mickey Mouse has been around since 1928 tbf.

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009

Soulex posted:

Haven't seen him play since he was with Barca and he'd play when they had injuries or were rotating. He was decent then, not world class but not poo poo either.

So yeah mediocre La Maisa product.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Jason Sextro posted:

Enjoy your bans

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Calling all Serie A knowers: Who is Francesco Guidolin and why is he going to be a great Swansea manager?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

sassassin posted:

Calling all Serie A knowers: Who is Francesco Guidolin and why is he going to be a great Swansea manager?

He was Udinese's manager for the years when they were qualifying for the CL/EL on a regular basis. He always kept them competitive, despite the fact that they'd sell all of their good players that are not named Di Natale every summer.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

trem_two posted:

He was Udinese's manager for the years when they were qualifying for the CL/EL on a regular basis. He always kept them competitive, despite the fact that they'd sell all of their good players that are not named Di Natale every summer.

But was he a manager in the English sense? I always thought that Pozzo controlled the scouting network and what players got signed?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Hegay posted:

But was he a manager in the English sense? I always thought that Pozzo controlled the scouting network and what players got signed?

This is true. More of a head coach than a manager, I suppose.

E: although if I remember correctly, when he quit managing Udinese he moved to a role overseeing all of the Pozzo clubs' operations for a while, so he was probably involved in player movement and scouting to a degree

trem_two fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jan 17, 2016

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i don't like this

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Olympique Lyonnais wasteman Claudio Beavue to Celta Vigo is a done deal

https://twitter.com/rccelta_oficial/status/688693169035317248

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Looks like Eric Sviatchenko from FC Midtjylland to Celtic is in fact a done deal.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/9904

At least they'll have one competent centre back now.

Comlink
Nov 21, 2006

Oh yes, yes, yes.... that's BANG on the money!

trem_two posted:

This is true. More of a head coach than a manager, I suppose.

E: although if I remember correctly, when he quit managing Udinese he moved to a role overseeing all of the Pozzo clubs' operations for a while, so he was probably involved in player movement and scouting to a degree

hmm.. not so great for us in the short term then? we need someone who will drag us out of the poo poo.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Comlink posted:

hmm.. not so great for us in the short term then? we need someone who will drag us out of the poo poo.

He's a good hire, imo

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

MrBling posted:

Looks like Eric Sviatchenko from FC Midtjylland to Celtic is in fact a done deal.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/9904

At least they'll have one competent centre back now.

Are you implying that a backline of Ambrose Boyata and Blackett isn't solid as a rock

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

trem_two posted:

He's a good hire, imo

Just saw that Udinese 10-11 team tho; Handanovic, Alexis Sanchez, Asamoah, Isla (before he turned into dire shite), Inler and Di Natale. Phwoar, great team that

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Mauricio to Zenit is a done deal
http://en.fc-zenit.ru/news/60366.html

Wow, a signing by Zenit. That has become so drat rare by this point. Unsurprisingly, it was a free agent that was signed, because Russian clubs no longer have any noticeable amounts of money.
The contract is... until the end of the season. Further extension is contingent upon either Witsel leaving this winter (quite possible, but not a given) or Mauricio getting Russian citizenship (so he won't be affected by the Kafka-esque quota on foreign players in the league).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hegay posted:

Huw Jenkins decides what players to sign so that fits the job description for Swansea right now.

Laudrup had never heard of Emnes before he showed up to training one day. And Monk didn't get any of his targets in the summer.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Maybe he'll play 3 at the back to get Ash and Taylor warmed up for the Euros.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Alexeythegreat posted:

Mauricio to Zenit is a done deal
http://en.fc-zenit.ru/news/60366.html

Wow, a signing by Zenit. That has become so drat rare by this point. Unsurprisingly, it was a free agent that was signed, because Russian clubs no longer have any noticeable amounts of money.
The contract is... until the end of the season. Further extension is contingent upon either Witsel leaving this winter (quite possible, but not a given) or Mauricio getting Russian citizenship (so he won't be affected by the Kafka-esque quota on foreign players in the league).

Any sign that Russian clubs will be selling big name players like Witsel or Hulk to try and get some foreign currency in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

vyelkin posted:

Any sign that Russian clubs will be selling big name players like Witsel or Hulk to try and get some foreign currency in?

The only big name players in Russia by this point are Zenit's triad of Witsel, Hulk, and Garay* (all of them, especially Hulk and Garay, avoided becoming poo poo, thankfully for them and for the club). Witsel will be leaving this summer anyway, as his contract expires, so selling him now to get some money would be the sensible thing to do. Hulk and Garay though, I hope to Heaven that the club will hold on to them for as long as possible. Garay may eventually leave, however, being the only elite-tier player in the entire drat league.

EDIT: I suppose you could also include Quincy Promes. There aren't any signs of Spartak being willing to part ways with him.
SECOND EDIT: I AM A RETARD WHO DOESN'T DOUBLE CHECK THINGS, Witsel's contract is valid until 2017.

*I am not including people like Tosic or Javi Garcia or Criscito or Doumbia etc., i.e. the people of whom someone outside of Russia may have heard, but who aren't any better than the Russians or the foreign nonames playing the same positions and who are only known because their last names don't end in "-ov". If someone in Italy needs a wing-back, they're better off looking into Smolnikov, not Criscito. I am also not including overhyped frauds like Kokorin. I also wanted to say that I'm not including any non-Russian used-to-bes, but I just realized that there aren't any in the league anymore.

nutri_void fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jan 18, 2016

• Locked thread