Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Heading to bed and have work tomorrow, so send a tell to Mash, Lambda Delta, or Hustler One if you need a clan invite on Mushin. That said Shanghai Goon is almost full and the first size upgrade only allows another 10 members. Wouldn't be a bad idea to get an overflow guild going in the mean time until we can grind out some clan ranks/the hype dies down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windchilla
May 30, 2009
I've made a clan on Old Dirty Cho server, Red faction. Send me or Yurifel a tell for an invite.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Where are you guys putting your points in Destroyer as you're leveling up? I tried Hurricane and wasn't impressed, but after maxing out trees for LMB and RMB I can kill basically anything in under a second if I animation cancel.

Outback Snakehole
Nov 10, 2012
So, I made a Summoner, because Cat dress up is fantastic. But the class feels kind of clunky, is that something that will change as I get more levels? I'm still pretty low.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

fadam posted:

Where are you guys putting your points in Destroyer as you're leveling up? I tried Hurricane and wasn't impressed, but after maxing out trees for LMB and RMB I can kill basically anything in under a second if I animation cancel.

Eradicate is good poo poo, and prioritizing RMB is definitely your best bet. There's also a bunch of utility points you'll want - making your 2 button have longer range so you have two charges, making Grab last for six seconds instead of four, making your Tab-trinket work on more things, that sort of thing. After that, LMB.

e: When you get your berserk button you're going to want to max it out immediately, but that's not until the 30s.

RPZip fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jan 16, 2016

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Casual Annie posted:

So, I made a Summoner, because Cat dress up is fantastic. But the class feels kind of clunky, is that something that will change as I get more levels? I'm still pretty low.

Yes, it gets way better at high levels. First 3 points you get should go into getting Sunflower on RB. Then getting 3 points down the left tree for your LB cast time will help with chi regen, as will the first rank in Doom N Bloom.

Anyway I didn't get to check the thread because i was too busy playing yesterday, can someone let me know what the EU guild name is and if it's on Red or not and I'll update the OP. (edit: nm got it)

Also if any of you dudes gathered on another server and made a guild and want it in the OP let me know.

FYI you can still group and invite friends cross-server to do dungeons or arenas so it's not TOO bad that people are spread out across servers. The primary thing it will affect is open world PvP and leveling together.

cathead fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jan 16, 2016

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I made it in on Mushin just in time it seems!

E: Oh wait character creation, so I made it in with some hours to spare. But still. I am actually going through the tutorial now. Time to collect some kung fu bandit asses.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

fadam posted:

After Eradicate, one thing you do want is a few points in Stone Shield. You use the same punching attack that you do with Grip, but one of the lines has a lower health gain and punching poo poo also reduces the shield's cooldown.

I'd have to see what tier it is if I could get in-game on Mushin. 120 members and climbing at 8am Central on a Saturday morning (I'll try to wait that but I have to travel shortly).

e: Tier 4 Stage 2 of Stone Shield. One of the things with Destroyer output seems to be getting skills to power your Eradicate spam, so anything that helps recover Focus better is great.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jan 16, 2016

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

You know what feels good? Defeating Pokey solo for the first time!

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

You know what feels good? Defeating Pokey solo for the first time!

I know that feeling, though I thought Pokey was supposed to be hard?

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
It is?

I don't think I've ever done a group there... thing you have to watch out for is the bodyslam. It's pretty quick and doesn't have a telegraph to show you how large it is.

Oh, one dumb tip when you get to Jadestone - DO EVERY GATHERING SKILL QUEST. Each one is 1000, just L -> Leave Guild (upper right) after the quests, doesn't take but a few minutes to run around town and discover the types.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Patch notes from this morning:

quote:

Below are the changes for Closed Beta 5:

Game Updates
The in-game Marketplace (F5) and Character Info (F2) UI have been completely revamped to better fit the in-game UI
​In addition, you can now cancel your sell orders from the marketplace. Please note that the listing fee will not be returned.
If an issue is encountered with these new changes, please submit a report in the Bug Report forum
System messages in French and German have been added

Events
New Holiday themed costumes have been added to the Treasure Trove event
​The number of times the chest can be opened per day has been increased to 2

Hongmoon Store
New costumes, accessories, and cat items have been added

Still no AFK timout. :ohdear:

Even if you don't plan on playing till later, just make/login your character on Mushin, then play later. Queue is at 600 as of this post.

Protip: You can make characters on other servers, but Mushin is destined to normalize in about a week and I still believe that is the server you're going to want to be on. Levelling is a breeze if you want to play somewhere else for now though, up to you.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
Speaking of which, there seem to be gold spammers on Mushin (just like Wildstar).

They ain't getting kicked either.

I made all but one of my characters on Mushin, I just don't see getting to play there except on the weekends. Work is going to gently caress my chances of getting past queues. Family stuff, like today, too.

e: I don't know when, but they changed Daily Dash from the beta version. You used to just skip things on the path if you didn't land on them, but it now looks like - while there are fewer items - passing them grants the reward.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 16, 2016

Bishop01
Apr 27, 2007

Has you seen my bucket?!
They obviously do not have a semblance of technology in place to do server xfers cause they could make a boat load selling them right now, so its not really likely anytime soon.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I can't pick a class, I have my blade master in the clan but I also want to play destroyer and kung fu man.

I know there's prob gonna be alt clan and such but I still should focus on 1 for now.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

If this is really an ingame shot, they have almost perfectly ripped off the UI of TERA, and from the looks of it the gameplay as well.

Maybe they bought a TERA license and reskinned it because people are dumb.

Kenby
Apr 26, 2012

ModeSix posted:

If this is really an ingame shot, they have almost perfectly ripped off the UI of TERA, and from the looks of it the gameplay as well.

I'm pretty sure the quest step-finished sound is straight from League of Legends champion select too.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

ModeSix posted:

Uhhh I've played plenty of TERA and that looks nothing like the UI at all. Nor does it play like it.

Also Mushin guild is full, so someone's going to have to make an overflow.

Sylvyfish
Feb 16, 2012

We can't get hung up on real world morality.

ModeSix posted:

The two are similar, but they're a lot more different from each other than your typical WoW clones are from each other.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Bishop01 posted:

They obviously do not have a semblance of technology in place to do server xfers cause they could make a boat load selling them right now, so its not really likely anytime soon.

Considering the similarities between this game and their previous MMOs, implementing server transfers is probably not all that difficult for NCSoft.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Ciaphas posted:

I wonder, if I were to just queue up to log in then go to bed, if I would be in game when I woke up in a few hours. :v:

Quoting myself to say it worked :gotin:

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
What is the class distribution looking like so far, from what those who have managed to get logged in and active can see?

I'd guess Blademaster / Assassin at the top with KFM at the bottom but unsure - thoughts?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Innerguard posted:

What is the class distribution looking like so far, from what those who have managed to get logged in and active can see?

I'd guess Blademaster / Assassin at the top with KFM at the bottom but unsure - thoughts?

I've done a shitload of dungeons and I've only been grouped with a Summoner like twice.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

http://www.leagueofpirates.com/sirvival/queuedance.html

Still relevant after 11 years.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Hour plus queues are hell. With the channel system they have on the server I'm surprised they didn't expand them for this occurrence.

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
the queue is currently 875 minutes

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
Do these new Signature Packs (Student pack/Duelist pack) also give headstart access?

Never mind the payment system is broken for me :canada:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Themage posted:

Yeah I want to go play XCOM for a while but I'm scared of exiting B&S :ohdear:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Clairetic posted:

Do these new Signature Packs (Student pack/Duelist pack) also give headstart access?

Never mind the payment system is broken for me :canada:

No, just cheap, one-time premium.
Speaking of, I got the student pack and those sunglasses are dope. Do each of my created characters get them or just one?

AngstPenguin
Oct 10, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Quoting myself to say it worked :gotin:

Did the same but then zoned and got booted, back to the queue.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

You guys like Eradicate more than the other Destroyer RMB options?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Was on the fence about playing this, but it sounds like I wouldn't even be able to get in the game to play.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

fadam posted:

You guys like Eradicate more than the other Destroyer RMB options?

The animation-cancelable one is single target, making it AoE is pretty valuable and Eradicate is head and shoulders above the AoE cleave option.

Also, hope everyone is enjoying your massive queues even before free players get in on a game where PvE and PvP can all be done cross-server just to get onto the same server everyone else is!

spidergoats
May 20, 2001

Themage posted:

That's pretty amazing. I wonder what it will be like on Tuesday when there's 5 times the people trying to play.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Ruggan posted:

Was on the fence about playing this, but it sounds like I wouldn't even be able to get in the game to play.

Come back in a week, it'll be much better then.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

RPZip posted:

The animation-cancelable one is single target, making it AoE is pretty valuable and Eradicate is head and shoulders above the AoE cleave option.

Also, hope everyone is enjoying your massive queues even before free players get in on a game where PvE and PvP can all be done cross-server just to get onto the same server everyone else is!
How so? Just in dungeons/arenas like Warcraft's Dungeon Finder, or will players in a group be brought into the same instances?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Inzombiac posted:

No, just cheap, one-time premium.
Speaking of, I got the student pack and those sunglasses are dope. Do each of my created characters get them or just one?

Just the one I think. It's really dumb but it doesn't look like items you purchase with funbux are account wide.

Soreign
Dec 31, 2015

47 mins till I can start..
I made a quick test character on starfall crater got in immediately.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Pierson posted:

How so? Just in dungeons/arenas like Warcraft's Dungeon Finder, or will players in a group be brought into the same instances?

Players in the same group go into the same instance, and there is also the cross-server group finder for dungeons and arenas. The dungeon finder even puts you in a neat little lobby, complete with guy who accepts turn-ins for all of your dungeon dailies and a shop so you can repair and restock easily, with a few other groups. So you can sit around and chill with people from any server while you wait for your groupmates to get ready for repeated runs.

And before you get put it in a group, the dungeon finder has a big chat channel, meant for group invite-links that you can simply click on to join their group if there's room.

BnS really wants it to be easy for you to play with people, no matter what your server population is like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kimsemus posted:

Just the one I think. It's really dumb but it doesn't look like items you purchase with funbux are account wide.

That's loving hilarious.

• Locked thread