Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

symbolic posted:

that dude is borderline Gen Xer, considering he was born in '83.

Who is he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

it says in the bottom of the picture, Jona Weinhofen of I Killed the Prom Queen.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Pic on the right is a sheep sheared by a PETA member using kitchen shears.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Beardy sheep mountain man is apparently one of the guys in this picture a few years ago.

Can you imagine being in an emo metal band in tyool 2016 goddamn

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 16, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

NESguerilla posted:

Beardy sheep mountain man is apparently one of the guys in this picture a few years ago.

didn't the singer die when he crashed into a telephone pole on his motorcycle?

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

NESguerilla posted:

they're all trying to andrew wk. how precious!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Ugh. Ha-ha.

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
Guy on the right poo'ed his pants 💩

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

symbolic posted:

didn't the singer die when he crashed into a telephone pole on his motorcycle?

That was Suicide Silence :goonsay:

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

radiatinglines posted:

there is not enough irony left in the thread. too many bitter old nerds with zero self awareness

That's funny.... I thought this thread was full of millennials who think they are wise but don't know when they are getting hosed with by the oldsters.

naem
May 29, 2011

:stare:

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
A clown, a nerd, an attention whore and a douche walk into a bar

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Maoist Pussy posted:

Two of them get laid, guess which?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Maoist Pussy posted:

Replace "attention whore" with "unitarian" and you have a joke that doesn't need a "punchline". :airquote:

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

This ship is carbon neutral and totally a 1 of a kind. Stop agressing me.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

It looks like their safe space is being violated

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Millenial Historians

The scenario they pose doesn't even add up. The only way that she could not be paid was if she was a slave. In which case slavery wasn't illegal back then and slaves worked for free because they were slaves. And it was rare for slaves to know how to read and write.

Or she was not a slave and just incredibly stupid by being unable to figure out how to get money for her work. Because the ancient greeks and romans had commission fees which was centuries before and the practice persisted even after rome fell. Like drat even Egypt figured this poo poo out.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jan 17, 2016

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
So ignoring the total lack of evidence to support this theory about Amelia Bassano, why would a slave owner waste time and/or money teaching an illiterate slave how to read and write English well enough to write a play?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Psychotic Weasel posted:

So ignoring the total lack of evidence to support this theory, why would a slave owner waste time and/or money teaching an illiterate slave how to read and write English well enough to write a play?

Most slaves learned how to read and write in order to do book keeping/accounts/taxes for their master's household.

But the whole thing is a vain attempt to try and show you that everything you know is wrong.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

The Taint Reaper posted:

Millenial 'Historians'

William "don't mansplain at me post your own FACTS its not my job to educate you" Shakespeare.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
Shakespeare's taint status: reaped

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I had a black girl in one of my history classes a decade or so ago break down and start screaming because we were talking about a school picnic.

"THAT'S WHERE THE WHITE PEOPLE USED TO LYNCH NIGGERS - THE PICNICS!"

I can't even imagine what rear end in a top hat father molested that into her, but it happened

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

EugeneJ posted:

I had a black girl in one of my history classes a decade or so ago break down and start screaming because we were talking about a school picnic.

"THAT'S WHERE THE WHITE PEOPLE USED TO LYNCH NIGGERS - THE PICNICS!"

I can't even imagine what rear end in a top hat father molested that into her, but it happened

I'd do a black girl,

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I'd do Amelia Bassano

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Maoist Pussy posted:

I'd do Amelia Bassano

Lot of jewelry for a slave.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
That's kind of funny because most of the 'shakespeare didn't write shakespeare' theories basically center around this idea that some non upper class guy couldn't of written all these wonderful plays. I googled Amelia Bassano and the most credible looking thing that showed up was a blog called rasta livewire ffs

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
this is like the literature equivalent of ancient aliens

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Jim Barris posted:

That's kind of funny because most of the 'shakespeare didn't write shakespeare' theories basically center around this idea that some non upper class guy couldn't of written all these wonderful plays. I googled Amelia Bassano and the most credible looking thing that showed up was a blog called rasta livewire ffs

to be or not to be, mon. dat is de question. one love!

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Jim Barris posted:

couldn't of

nice millennial grammar human being

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Horniest Manticore posted:

the early stuff maybe. i don't think even boomers listen to out of time anymore

REM is solidly GenX, I was in junior high when Murmur hit.

Boomers only got in later when Shiny Happy People and Everybody Hurts got major airplay.

They have kind of disappeared, but maybe that's because that's what happens to music that's old as poo poo and isn't consistently top-100 popular.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

radiatinglines posted:

there is not enough irony left in the thread. too many bitter old nerds with zero self awareness

Thought I'd dredge this up.

They aren't old nerds; they're mid 20's-30's nerds who think they're special and cynical enough to skip straight to grouchy late adulthood without any actual embittering life experience. Which ofc demands an even lower level of self awareness.

There's like a 50:50 split of genuine complaints to people desperately spitting on anything successful or mildly wealthy because they missed out on it.

Strategic Tea fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jan 17, 2016

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

neonbregna posted:

Congratulations you have almost reached peach millennial. Please continue your journey by researching the best indoor charcoal bbq techniques.

I suggest a sealed room with some wine and temazepam

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You bought a free mixtape :captainpop:

I don't steal my internet from my neighbors so unfortunately, I had to pay for it

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emilia_Lanier#Urban_legend

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

nomadologique posted:

lol. that sheep is so happy to be a few pounds lighter and not so hot. but that's bc we bred them to grow more hair to need shearing.

here is a sheep that had gone like 10 years without shearing, btw.

BITCH where's my lanolin?

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
it seems to me that milennials basically come in three types of people, all of which are extremely fail.

1 the hipster style of guy with big beard, tattoos and low body fat. he think he's hot poo poo, but reality is that none of that stuff is needed by society. oh, you want to improve society? well douche bag, how about taking an actual useful degree that will contribute something meaningful like stem and IT degrees. guess what, he wont. he will be content playing the apps that other people coded, not knowing poo poo about code himself

2 the hot chick who takes pictures of her frekinbg lunch - who needs to see this? nobody that's how. even worse, sometimes these females are moms. it's one thing to contribute to overpopulating the planet, but posting pictures of happy family get togethers on line where i can see it? fuck_off. i'd bang her through :quagmire:

3: the friend of the family and the jew. these guys control the lower and higher levels of the entertainment industry, respectively, and as an extension of that; society, and are the reason why gaming has gone to hell

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Grandmother of Five posted:

it seems to me that milennials basically come in three types of people, all of which are extremely fail.

1 the hipster style of guy with big beard, tattoos and low body fat. he think he's hot poo poo, but reality is that none of that stuff is needed by society. oh, you want to improve society? well douche bag, how about taking an actual useful degree that will contribute something meaningful like stem and IT degrees. guess what, he wont. he will be content playing the apps that other people coded, not knowing poo poo about code himself

2 the hot chick who takes pictures of her frekinbg lunch - who needs to see this? nobody that's how. even worse, sometimes these females are moms. it's one thing to contribute to overpopulating the planet, but posting pictures of happy family get togethers on line where i can see it? fuck_off. i'd bang her through :quagmire:

3: the friend of the family and the jew. these guys control the lower and higher levels of the entertainment industry, respectively, and as an extension of that; society, and are the reason why gaming has gone to hell

Well roared brave alpha-lion.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

finally a good text post

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

e: oh, you're a fyad poster. double edgy

Horniest Manticore fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

He isn't wrong.

• Locked thread