Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yea lemme dig through clogged up pipes instead of getting the maintenance guy I pay for to do it, then I'll drink my coffee out of a pint glass

y'all are insecure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eclipse232
Dec 4, 2001

8/24 NEVAR FORGET!

My Q-Face posted:

Are you loving serious? Millennials are Generation CAB, the loving "I got shot at" medal

We didn't need that poo poo in 2003, it was just kind of assumed that if you were in an actual warzone, you were going to get shot at. That's why you got Hostile Fire Pay. Then suddenly "I got shot at once" became some kind of achievement to set you apart from the losers who deployed but didn't get shot at.

You think it takes work ethic to go sit in a desert for 12 months, ride around in armored vehicles most of the time, and walk around occasionally? I'll admit, there were some who busted their rear end and worked because it needed to be done and I admire them, but the vast, vast majority were too lazy to check their own oil, too lazy to change a tire, and too lazy to pull the big bright red "stop" button back out before they tried to turn on the generator and decided it was broken when it didn't start. The vast majority were too goddamned lazy and self-absorbed to pitch in to get a job done right, because "it's not my job", because they had more pressing things to do like get back to their hooch to play CoD all night.

There was a big part of me that did not want this to be true. Looks like Achievement badges are not just earned in Steam.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

radiatinglines posted:

yea lemme dig through clogged up pipes instead of getting the maintenance guy I pay for to do it, then I'll drink my coffee out of a pint glass

y'all are insecure

not everyone lives in apartments.. Some people own single family homes.

also i like working with my hands and building poo poo and taking pride in myself for having the skills and ability to do things like rebuild engines, re-do kitchens, tile a bathroom, and build computers.

it's millennials that don't, hence the bitching in the millennial thread

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
If I had the time and resources I would totally build a house from scratch, just to say to my grandchildren "I loving built this with my own two hands"

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Lufiron posted:

If I had the time and resources I would totally build a house from scratch, just to say to my grandchildren "I loving built this with my own two hands"

Same but I'd add "so what are you doing with your life?"

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

A Strange Aeon posted:

Do millennials even listen to REM? The gif seems kind of suspect.

the early stuff maybe. i don't think even boomers listen to out of time anymore

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Lufiron posted:

"A house, grandpa?! Check your privilege, old man. You're just part of the suburban sprawl problem. How can you even live with xorself with all this space? You should be living in one of the new toobHomes in an Enhanced Safe-Space Polykin Arcology to conserve space."

*putters away on Hoverboard powered by indignation*

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

eclipse232 posted:

There was a big part of me that did not want this to be true. Looks like Achievement badges are not just earned in Steam.

Well its a good thing the people who proposed and established that medal are decidedly not millennials and that armies have been awarding medals, ribbons and other trinkets to their soldiers for thousands of years. So he is just being an angry old man.

However since you made a stupid comment involving video games this makes you millennial as gently caress. This is incurable and you have six months to live before you get a plaid shirt and start growing a beard.

Sorry

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Lufiron posted:

not everyone lives in apartments.. Some people own single family homes.

also i like working with my hands and building poo poo and taking pride in myself for having the skills and ability to do things like rebuild engines, re-do kitchens, tile a bathroom, and build computers.

it's millennials that don't, hence the bitching in the millennial thread

lol you are just a whiney old man, plenty of millenials work with their hands and fix poo poo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

there is not enough irony left in the thread. too many bitter old nerds with zero self awareness

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

radiatinglines posted:

lol you are just a whiney old man, plenty of millenials work with their hands and fix poo poo

Not a you. How's the condo TO?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

radiatinglines posted:

there is not enough irony left in the thread. too many bitter old nerds with zero self awareness
i'm a bitter teenage nerd, mind you

have you forgotten what it's like to be a young nihilist?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

radiatinglines posted:

lol you are just a whiney old man, plenty of millenials work with their hands and fix poo poo glue LEDs to things and make "wearables"

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

a starwar betamax posted:

when exactly did modern men start thinking it was a-ok to wear fluffy pajamas and drink coffee out of big silly mugs and such

Around when fight club came out.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

symbolic posted:

yes but usually only "Losing My Religion", "The One I Love", and maybe "It's the End of the World"

Stupid Millennials can't truly appreciate What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I figured out cassettes when I was loving 7 years old, I mean so what that they were still the predominant media at the time. Stick the holes over the pointy things, if there's a rail on the door to slide the cassette down into, then slide it down into it.

mdm posted:

Stupid Millennials can't truly appreciate What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

And they probably like Shiny Happy People :rolleyes:

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

King Vidiot posted:

And they probably like Shiny Happy People :rolleyes:

"safe spaces" :rolleyes:

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

a starwar betamax posted:

when exactly did modern men start thinking it was a-ok to wear fluffy pajamas and drink coffee out of big silly mugs and such

that obamacare advertisement, it wasn't enough that it was a conservative caricature of gay men

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

that obamacare advertisement, it wasn't enough that it was a conservative caricature of gay men

it was perfect because it could be anything you want it to be, I think I saw one thing claiming the advertisement was anti-Semitic

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
rem monster was my first cd.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

nomadologique posted:

rem monster was my first cd.

I wonder what this could reveal about millennial / not millennial. My first cd was embarrassingly The Sign by Ace of Base.

I know buying a cd isn't really a thing anymore, but do people still buy entire albums, just on iTunes?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A Strange Aeon posted:

I wonder what this could reveal about millennial / not millennial. My first cd was embarrassingly The Sign by Ace of Base.

I know buying a cd isn't really a thing anymore, but do people still buy entire albums, just on iTunes?
my first CD was Appetite for Destruction, but i stole it from my dad's collection. first album i ever bought was ...And Justice for All.

also i still buy CDs. i haven't downloaded music in years. i prefer the physical format.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

A Strange Aeon posted:

I do this.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

A Strange Aeon posted:

I bought 2112 (the whole album) a few months ago on Amazon's mp3 thing.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I purchased Lil B's 05 gently caress Em. That's some value for your dollar right there.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
lol i bet you all read newspapers too

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
My first CD was Billy Idol's Cyberpunk album.
I didn't have a CD player till two years later.
The last tape I bought was Moby's Play.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

I purchased Lil B's 05 gently caress Em. That's some value for your dollar right there.

You bought a free mixtape :captainpop:

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
I saw a millenial while I was driving home from my job at the DMV. I almost stopped to spit at his feet but knowing them he'd cry to the cops about harassment or some poo poo.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

plain blue jacket posted:

I saw a millenial while I was driving home from my job at the DMV. I almost stopped to spit at his feet but knowing them he'd cry to the cops about harassment or some poo poo.

The ultra-softy government would probably give him a medal of honor for surviving it. loving millenials.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Displayed for your approval, a most imminently punchable millennial man child. Ignore the peta blah blah blah. Notice:
- beard and snarl and tattoos of toughness
- shoulders as broad as a toothpick