Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

She's not a very good actress honestly.

Guess you never saw FNL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Guess you never saw FNL.

I've seen a lot of her work, she has never impressed me.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

I've seen a lot of her work, she has never impressed me.

She impresses me because she's Amazonian.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I find Bobbi more interesting than May. They could have both been the same boring robotic character, but Bobbi was at least allowed a human personality. I get that they tried to explain why May is the way she is, but she's BOOORING. Ward was boring too but he became the best character on the show when they gave him a personality.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm almost through JLU and it's kept up the quality. I wish there was more JK Simmons though.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rhyno posted:

She's not a very good actress honestly.

None of them are really.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sounds like there aren't any long term plans for Captain Cold and Heat Wave on TV as Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell have signed on for a Prison Break revival.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

muscles like this? posted:

Sounds like there aren't any long term plans for Captain Cold and Heat Wave on TV as Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell have signed on for a Prison Break revival.

Seems that after Legends of Tomorrow they will be just guesting if they appear at all on Flash/Arrow. People star in one show and guest in another all the time. Its also a limited series, so it could be filmed during the Summer.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wow, the best part of Flash gone just like that. Such a shame.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah, Their roles on Flash are just a guesting role, they show up 2-3 times a season.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dexo posted:

Yeah, Their roles on Flash are just a guesting role, they show up 2-3 times a season.

Come in, drink hot chocolate, threaten.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

He's got to be 99% prison tattoos at this point.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Annnnnd I'm done with Flash.

no but for real the scene in the bar where Captain Cold and Barry talk and loving Cold As Ice is on the jukebox in the background sealed Captain Cold as my new favorite.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

It's been a while since I have seen Cap Cold's first episode, but does he actually kill multiple people at some point? That has been my only hang up with the character, since it goes against every portrayal I have seen of him so far. I've always thought of him as a villain with a strict code of honor. It would be better if I was remembering it wrong, but I feel like he definitely killed at least one cop.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Villains that don't kill simply aren't a thing in modern superhero media, I'm afraid. I honestly can't think of any non-joke ones that don't kill. There was that British Joker guy, but guess what happened to him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lurdiak posted:

Villains that don't kill simply aren't a thing in modern superhero media, I'm afraid. I honestly can't think of any non-joke ones that don't kill. There was that British Joker guy, but guess what happened to him.

He does kill, it's just he tries not to

Also are people serious that since guest characters are on other shows that means that they will not be on others?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TwoPair posted:

Annnnnd I'm done with Flash.

no but for real the scene in the bar where Captain Cold and Barry talk and loving Cold As Ice is on the jukebox in the background sealed Captain Cold as my new favorite.

They'll probably be around just as much as the first two seasons, this just means they won't be getting an expanded part.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

ToastyPotato posted:

It's been a while since I have seen Cap Cold's first episode, but does he actually kill multiple people at some point? That has been my only hang up with the character, since it goes against every portrayal I have seen of him so far. I've always thought of him as a villain with a strict code of honor. It would be better if I was remembering it wrong, but I feel like he definitely killed at least one cop.

He kills one of his minions in his debut, then he kills Laser Eyes, and then he just killed his dad earlier this season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I thought the Prison Break revival was a 6 episode mini series, like the X-Files?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Ultragonk posted:

Best superhero cartoon series? 90s X-Men? 90s Spider-man? Justice league? It's Spider-Woman isn't it.

Lurdiak posted:

It's the 92 Batman cartoon, not even a question.
Yeah. But if we discount Batman on the technicality that he's not a superhero, it's actually Season 2 of Iron Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y63i2NR9-LE

Lurdiak posted:

Please do not sass the voice acting of the 90s Marvel shows, aka the only genuinely great thing about them. Even Kevin Conroy's Batman isn't nearly as iconic as Cathal J. Dodd's Wolverine or Christopher Daniel Barnes' Spider-man.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Because you were nine yeah.

They were both still hilariously bad.
I think you might consider that incredibly hammy acting can be an asset in comic book shows

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rhyno posted:

I thought the Prison Break revival was a 6 episode mini series, like the X-Files?

I think so. They're not going to give up their super hero franchise for the Prison Break mini series.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Die Laughing posted:

I think so. They're not going to give up their super hero franchise for the Prison Break mini series.

I bet they're also contracted for the initial 13 episodes of LoT and an optioned back 9 if it's a huge hit. They won't be free to do PB for a while yet anyways.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I think Legends is meant to be a 13-episode mid-season series, kind of like Agent Carter, how that show is only meant to be a mid-season replacement for Agents of SHIELD, except Legends is a spinoff rather than a replacement. I don't believe there's any plan for a back nine for it, although it might get a second season (with Constantine, I hope) if it does well.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Just make season 2 justice League dark. Have Constantine, Zatanna, Phantom Stranger going round solving poo poo and doing magic. Hell make it a crossover with supernatural, have Constantine punch Castel for stealing his style.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ToastyPotato posted:

His main thing is that he avoids unnecessary killing in the show. He iced one guy when finding out how fast Flash was (answer: not quite fast enough), I think the closest he got to mass-murder was the train scene, but he was pretty sure Flash could save them all while giving him cover to escape.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hell make it a crossover with supernatural, have Constantine punch Castel for stealing his style.

Nah, just pull a Will Smith
https://youtu.be/WZcqkTIOZRU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rumor has it that Netflix is developing a Punisher series.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

They maybe need to consider dropping the "two per year" strategy with Marvel shows at this point, or we will never see new seasons of successful shows.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

They maybe need to consider dropping the "two per year" strategy with Marvel shows at this point, or we will never see new seasons of successful shows.

Iron Fist and Luke Cage are actually still supposed to be 2016 too.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scyantific posted:

:getin:

Finally catching up at the very end of Daredevil and blowing through Jessica Jones. I'm really really happy I took a chance on Jessica Jones. It's turning out to be even better then DareDevil was. I had initially given it a low priority due to not knowing the characters, but taking a chance is worth it sometimes.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Iron Fist and Luke Cage are actually still supposed to be 2016 too.

Iron Fist didn't get pushed back?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Scyantific posted:

Not really a rumor if the likes of Deadline and THR are reporting it. Finally, a Marvel show I don't have to bother watching at all!

Reminder that Bernthal thinks it's great rather than horrifying that a judge/jury/executioner vigilante character is a role model to much of the military and law enforcement.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Iron Fist has never had a date more specific than "TBA." Probably early 2017 at this point.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Barry Convex posted:

Not really a rumor if the likes of Deadline and THR are reporting it. Finally, a Marvel show I don't have to bother watching at all!

Reminder that Bernthal thinks it's great rather than horrifying that a judge/jury/executioner vigilante character is a role model to much of the military and law enforcement.

What Bernthal thinks doesn't matter so much as the writers, directors, and showrunner.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AngryBooch posted:

What Bernthal thinks doesn't matter so much as the writers, directors, and showrunner.

I'd be happy to have a show with a Cannon Films like Punisher/Death Wish 3 mentality. Heck even just Warzone.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Barry Convex posted:

Doesn't the fact that he realizes that his character is a messed up, bad person, count as a good thing?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ToastyPotato posted:

Doesn't the fact that he realizes that his character is a messed up, bad person, count as a good thing?

Is he really that bad? I mean messed up yeah, but bad?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Yes. The Punisher is bad even Ennis got that and he disappeared up Frank Castle's rear end and was never seen again.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SirDan3k posted:

Yes. The Punisher is bad even Ennis got that and he disappeared up Frank Castle's rear end and was never seen again.

But does he have to be for his own show? Can't he be enjoyed just apologetically? Hasn't anyone ever written The Punisher that way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

It's possible to make good television with a terrible protagonist. See Breaking Bad and Sopranos.