Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Comment on a friend's review of The Force Awakens:

So like, all 3 of the movies?

Go back and enjoy your 100+ years of Whiteyscruff McMuscles then, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster
Pretty much everything in this. From the page name to the dumbass emoji, to the posting of a sceenshot to the sheer insanity of the content. It really does keep on giving.

(public page)

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

sticklefifer posted:

Comment on a friend's review of The Force Awakens:

So like, all 3 of the movies?

Go back and enjoy your 100+ years of Whiteyscruff McMuscles then, I guess.

Going from 100% of action movies starring white males to 99.999% of them is a direct attack on my masculinity, and I don't like it.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

sticklefifer posted:

Whiteyscruff McMuscles

mods, change my username to this

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Intoluene posted:

And most tapwater is slightly basic due to the processes we use.

Anyway, content. This poo poo made it on my feed from Australia.

This is the "I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!" of racism.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Bizarro "It's not cartoons, mom, it's anime!".

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I saw your original post. You can't hide your Iron Man comics. :colbert:

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I can see this. I really like making a cool Halloween costume and wearing it around, but I would never tell people I'm into cosplay.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Bonster posted:

This cannot be real.
I saw this in a book, in Germany. It's very real and international even. I am a Chemist and it was very hard to politely ask the book's owner why she had bought this absurd garbage.

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

Pretty much everything in this. From the page name to the dumbass emoji, to the posting of a sceenshot to the sheer insanity of the content. It really does keep on giving.

(public page)
Because I googled it, I'll share: Vitamin B17 isn't a thing, it's a pseudoscience name for...Laetrile, which released cyanide in the presence of a certain enzyme. This is supposed to kill cancer cells because they are said to contain the enzyme in higher concentrations. This is apparently wrong (I am no biochemist, so going of Wikipedia here), and you will literally poison yourself if you, like she proposes, ingest it for month.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.
And yet, I'm pretty sure Trump isn't concerned about Malaysian Muslims.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Dr_Amazing posted:

This is the "I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!" of racism.

"You did not name the correct type of bigoted piece of poo poo. :smug:"

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I made a minion quote image

am I doing this correctly?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

I feel that if your body has a ph of 10 then your problems probably aren't going to be solved by eating kale.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Simply Simon posted:

I saw this in a book, in Germany. It's very real and international even. I am a Chemist and it was very hard to politely ask the book's owner why she had bought this absurd garbage.

Because I googled it, I'll share: Vitamin B17 isn't a thing, it's a pseudoscience name for...Laetrile, which released cyanide in the presence of a certain enzyme. This is supposed to kill cancer cells because they are said to contain the enzyme in higher concentrations. This is apparently wrong (I am no biochemist, so going of Wikipedia here), and you will literally poison yourself if you, like she proposes, ingest it for month.

Now it makes more sense why her dad asked her mom to do it

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
But there is a white-only channel it's called Fox News

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

most babies aren't gems

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

There is a white history month. Several, actually. It runs from January through December.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

As usual, The Onion had this covered.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

White people don't have a culture, it's just a bunch of poo poo stolen from everyone else and rebranded.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Kill whitey.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Embiggen to read a bunch of moms whining about Harry Potter. "I supported and loved Harry Potter before it was cool, but now that Rowling's messing with my headcanons, she's nothing but an attention-whoring, money-grubbing bitch!" If you're in your mid-thirties and still caring that much about a children's book, maybe it's time to find something else to obsess about.

From a Facebook page empowering single dads

What the gently caress is this even trying to say? Haha, babies cry and soil themselves! What babies!

Finally:

for fucks sake dan
Nov 30, 2015

Picnic Princess posted:

White people don't have a culture, it's just a bunch of poo poo stolen from everyone else and rebranded.

That's the American way :911:

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

That's because white is an ethnicity not a culture. The only way for there to be a white culture is by drawing a distinction from non-white cultures

Edit: For instance you can talk about German or Scottish culture without sounding like a complete jackass

unwantedplatypus has a new favorite as of 05:08 on Jan 17, 2016

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

No white culture? Heard of Victorian England? Top hats? Sherlock Holmes? Kilts? Haggis?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

kinmik posted:

Embiggen to read a bunch of moms whining about Harry Potter. "I supported and loved Harry Potter before it was cool, but now that Rowling's messing with my headcanons, she's nothing but an attention-whoring, money-grubbing bitch!" If you're in your mid-thirties and still caring that much about a children's book, maybe it's time to find something else to obsess about.

And it's even wrong. Rowling didn't say Hermione is black, she said she's not necessarily white. It was in response to a stage production casting a black woman in the role.

I mean, granted, the daughter of London-based dentists being black is kinda remote, but when a major aspect of the character in the larger narrative is proving the evil wizard racists wrong, complaining about her race is a bit out there.

The Harry Potter wikia has this though:

Wonderful, blessed persnicketiness. And it's not even cited properly.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

kinmik posted:

What the gently caress is this even trying to say? Haha, babies cry and soil themselves! What babies!

Stupid babies! Why can't they walk, open windows, talk, or get their own food and water? Ugh, they're so freaking needy and helpless!!!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Kids need to learn that it's a tough world out there. No help I say.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Is it still a cult following when you're talking about one of the most popular series written in the last 20 years?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I have to wonder if these people's heads would explode at things like Shakespeare plays where everyone is cast as a woman.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Regalingualius posted:

I have to wonder if these people's heads would explode at things like Shakespeare plays where everyone is cast as a woman.

Or men.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

kinmik posted:

Maybe it's saying that leaving babies to self-soothe doesn't work because they can't take care of poo poo on their own because they're babies.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Knowing the type of people that like single dad pages it's probably meant to be a passive-aggressive blow at their ex-wives

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Araenna posted:

Maybe it's saying that leaving babies to self-soothe doesn't work because they can't take care of poo poo on their own because they're babies.

yes I think it's this, it's a criticism of certain approaches to parenting and letting babies "cry it out" rather than going to comfort them when they're crying. It's basically saying yeah they're crying for a reason and need you, they can't take care of it on their own because they're babies not adults.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Araenna posted:

Fatkraken posted:

yes I think it's this, it's a criticism of certain approaches to parenting and letting babies "cry it out" rather than going to comfort them when they're crying. It's basically saying yeah they're crying for a reason and need you, they can't take care of it on their own because they're babies not adults.
In this context, it makes a bit more sense, thanks for that. It went over my head because I don't have the faintest idea what loving "self soothing" means. :v:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fatkraken posted:

This is true in most cases, but it's worth remembering that babies will also cry because they're tired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jorty
May 11, 2015

grump_dog.jpg
Lipstick Apathy

This has to be a joke post right cause I'm trying to come up with a scenario where someone would actually post this and I really can't.