Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

vyst posted:

Endie was the one that vouched for him the last time so I doubt he would be coming back

Ah but I vouched him the time he didn't awox anything. If you smile at the world, the world smiles back at you., you see?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

MacPac posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ut6Mwwsk5U
I ran into dbrbs archon roam the other day :toot:

longdrinks, rear end pirate of my life

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

CainFortea posted:

Uh huh. You need eve goon attention almost as much as you need air.

are you mad or something guy?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Endie posted:

Ah but I vouched him the time he didn't awox anything. If you smile at the world, the world smiles back at you., you see?

The only regret I have for burning bridges the last time is well making GBS threads on your good name and all you did for me over the years just fyi. That's literally how poo poo GOONSWARM FEDERATION IS, that fact wasn't enough to me to leave quietly as opposed to robbing some dumb goon for 25b.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Viva Miriya posted:

The only regret I have for burning bridges the last time is well making GBS threads on your good name and all you did for me over the years just fyi. That's literally how poo poo GOONSWARM FEDERATION IS, that fact wasn't enough to me to leave quietly as opposed to robbing some dumb goon for 25b.

Maybe next go around you will get those Machariels.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

CashEnsign posted:

Maybe next go around you will get those Machariels.

I have no clue what you are talking about.

Edit: no seriously I can't remember can you jog my memory? Failing to kill some machariels sounds like some poo poo that'd happen on one of my fleets but doesn't seem recent.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jan 16, 2016

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SBxsv_T_Jw

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Viva Miriya posted:

I have no clue what you are talking about.

Edit: no seriously I can't remember can you jog my memory? Failing to kill some machariels sounds like some poo poo that'd happen on one of my fleets but doesn't seem recent.

I remember a story where you (maybe it was garr?) planned to awox some Machs or maybe it was carriers the last time you left goons but some idiots jumped the gun and awoxed the wrong target.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

CashEnsign posted:

I remember a story where you (maybe it was garr?) planned to awox some Machs or maybe it was carriers the last time you left goons but some idiots jumped the gun and awoxed the wrong target.

Garr khan did nothing wrong

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

CashEnsign posted:

Nah that wasn't me. What I was going for was ratting supers with some wormhole group. Hard knocks or hard korps or some dumb name like that. Like I had an alt Corp I let their scouts in then when all they found was ratting carriers + some nerd who had like 20 ratting rattlesnakes I took a nap. And woke up to dead carriers an hour later. It was pretty funny but it's too bad it happened to the wrong guy. The other guy deserved to lose his poo poo. Who they hit instead was funding a very good cause. Namely killing pubbies wholesale, something I'll never have a problem with. Sorry Warr Akini!

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Endie posted:

Were you smiling when you posted on Reddit?

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Syndic Thrass posted:

Holy hell 5%? Is that the real number?

Don't believe anything you read on the internet about the real status of titans any more than you do about actual nuclear weapons. There are at least a dozen "non-nuclear weapons states" that could have a weapon ready to drop from a fighter-bomber in 24 hours.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kiryen posted:

Don't believe anything you read on the internet about the real status of titans any more than you do about actual nuclear weapons. There are at least a dozen "non-nuclear weapons states" that could have a weapon ready to drop from a fighter-bomber in 24 hours.

it's ok to take off your tinfoil once in awhile and let your scalp breathe you know

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Epsilon Plus posted:

For anyone that gives a poo poo, EVE starter packs and EVE premium starter packs are on sale for the next thirteen hours. Might be a good way to get an alt account started or for a newbee to get cemented in-game.

Myself and some buddies are coming back to the game (last played in 2007, it looks like). Should we bother trying to keep our old accounts or would starting with something like the above be worthwhile? I don't understand how skill pointz and training may have changed. I think someone said race doesn't matter anymore either? This poo poo is confusing.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Kaedric posted:

Myself and some buddies are coming back to the game (last played in 2007, it looks like). Should we bother trying to keep our old accounts or would starting with something like the above be worthwhile? I don't understand how skill pointz and training may have changed. I think someone said race doesn't matter anymore either? This poo poo is confusing.

Try and get your old accounts back.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Viva Miriya posted:

Nah, last time I wasn't asked about you and if I had been asked I would have pointed out the whole "90 days for a bet" or whatever it was, which seemed to suggest that this time would end in somebody's tears (it's a shame those were Warr's though).

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Endie posted:

Nah, last time I wasn't asked about you and if I had been asked I would have pointed out the whole "90 days for a bet" or whatever it was, which seemed to suggest that this time would end in somebody's tears (it's a shame those were Warr's though).

It was 60 and it was cause some Turkish guy channeled the bitterness of aryndel vyst and bet me like 60bil I couldn't get back in and last 60 days. I won the bet, forgave him of his debt then well you know the rest.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Viva Miriya posted:

It was 60 and it was cause some Turkish guy channeled the bitterness of aryndel vyst and bet me like 60bil I couldn't get back in and last 60 days. I won the bet, forgave him of his debt then well you know the rest.

you shouldn't have forgiven him, alp khan is one of the worst people in goonfleetswarm like, ever

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you shouldn't have forgiven him, alp khan is one of the worst people in goonfleetswarm like, ever

Hanging with Hole Squad had me feeling good and some weeaboo from Theta ended up paying the price of my admission in the end so it's all good.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

darth cookie posted:

Try and get your old accounts back.

Is there an easy way to display each character? Apparently I had three accounts (I'm not sure why), and 7 characters spread amongst them. I'm only going to activate one so I'd like to be able to compare/contrast.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

Thinking you're a piece of poo poo doesn't make me bitter when it's true. Like historically people think you're a piece of poo poo. You make it sound like it's an unpopular opinion.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

vyst posted:

Thinking you're a piece of poo poo doesn't make me bitter when it's true. Like historically people think you're a piece of poo poo. You make it sound like it's an unpopular opinion.

I wanna meet the pre-auth team Vyst someday to compare.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

it's ok to take off your tinfoil once in awhile and let your scalp breathe you know

It's also ok to read an entirely neutral statement of fact without ascribing a motive to the writer. Shocking, I know.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Kaedric posted:

Is there an easy way to display each character? Apparently I had three accounts (I'm not sure why), and 7 characters spread amongst them. I'm only going to activate one so I'd like to be able to compare/contrast.

I think you can temporarily reactivate them for like 4 hours each (so that you can activate a PLEX on them) That'd be enough time to check which one you want to get running again.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Kaedric posted:

Nevermind I figured it out. Turns out I have one decent(?) character on each account. Can someone help me choose which I should go with? PW to view is buttes if it asks.

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Melakim
http://eveboard.com/pilot/Taalan
http://eveboard.com/pilot/Taalan_MKII

EDIT: ^^^ yeah that's what I ended up doing. Have to have them active to look at the characters, unfortunately :|

EDIT2: Maybe this is helpful http://eveboard.com/compare/Taalan_MKII,Taalan,Melakim

Kaedric fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 17, 2016

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Talaan or Melakim

I'd probably go with Melakim

Also contract all the assets from your other characters to the one you plan to keep to try to give yourself a bit of extra cash.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kiryen posted:

It's also ok to read an entirely neutral statement of fact without ascribing a motive to the writer. Shocking, I know.

what you said isn't neutral or a statement of fact you shockingly retarded person

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
DOZENS OF COUNTRIES COULD HAVE NUCLEAR WEAPONS IN BOMBERS which even if we assume that's true (its not), bomber based nukes are basically 0 threat anywhere except the middle east

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

vyst posted:

Historically eve goons believe whatever the gently caress they are told to believe about people so that statement means jackshit tbqh. Also you are bitter in plenty of other ways.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

Historically eve goons believe whatever the gently caress they are told to believe about people so that statement means jackshit tbqh. Also you are bitter in plenty of other ways.

Please describe in detail how I'm bitter.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

vyst posted:

Please describe in detail how I'm bitter.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3718615&userid=155111

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Oh. I thought you had some good stuff for me. I was ready to be taken down a peg or two by Mandozer.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

vyst posted:

Oh. I thought you had some good stuff for me. I was ready to be taken down a peg or two by Mandozer.

Were you actually going to listen if I had some poo poo to say?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

Were you actually going to listen if I had some poo poo to say?

I always listen. You are never genuine so I don't have to bother taking you seriously usually.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Kaedric posted:

Nevermind I figured it out. Turns out I have one decent(?) character on each account. Can someone help me choose which I should go with? PW to view is buttes if it asks.

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Melakim
http://eveboard.com/pilot/Taalan
http://eveboard.com/pilot/Taalan_MKII

EDIT: ^^^ yeah that's what I ended up doing. Have to have them active to look at the characters, unfortunately :|

EDIT2: Maybe this is helpful http://eveboard.com/compare/Taalan_MKII,Taalan,Melakim

I would definitely go with Taalan. Great engineering skills and shield tanking skills compared to either of the others. Really good missile supports and you have a frigate, battle cruiser and battleship to 5. Worse drone skills, but you'd be focused on caldari which don't use drones anyway.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

vyst posted:

I always listen. You are never genuine so I don't have to bother taking you seriously usually.

I'm sorry you feel that way, really I am. Anyway re: why I think you are bitter? It just comes across in your posting in general. There's no particular one post that leads me to that belief, no master shitpost. It's just your attitude mainly. You come across as one angry bitter goon when it comes to your spaceship game in this thread and like the only time I've ever noticed you chilled out talking was whenever the topic deviates to non spaceship poo poo. And if that's how you wanna come across cool I guess? Just my thoughts.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

A goon who doesn't know about groverhaus, shameful

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

I'm sorry you feel that way, really I am. Anyway re: why I think you are bitter? It just comes across in your posting in general. There's no particular one post that leads me to that belief, no master shitpost. It's just your attitude mainly. You come across as one angry bitter goon when it comes to your spaceship game in this thread and like the only time I've ever noticed you chilled out talking was whenever the topic deviates to non spaceship poo poo. And if that's how you wanna come across cool I guess? Just my thoughts.

I appreciate your candor. I feel you are accurate on some parts and have me a bit misunderstood on others. I'll give you a more verbose answer when I get home from Disney World. Bout to get my Tea Cups on.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
It's also ok to make fun of someone who goes from "don't trust numbers on the internet about how many spaceship pixels in a lovely game" immediately to "just like nukes", to be fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

vyst posted:

I appreciate your candor. I feel you are accurate on some parts and have me a bit misunderstood on others. I'll give you a more verbose answer when I get home from Disney World. Bout to get my Tea Cups on.

do they really have enough torque to overcome your wind resistance?

• Locked thread