Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Ramc posted:

Our fight with them was a nailbiting shitshow.

Well yeah but then you guys all upgraded your poo poo in ways that make sense. I slapped on dual layers of mail to slow me down so I didnt run out there and die first.

I dont even know what the other guys did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Things. With wrestling. I even got some new boots! I think. Point is, those points were definitely spent on things.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Well yeah but then you guys all upgraded your poo poo in ways that make sense. I slapped on dual layers of mail to slow me down so I didnt run out there and die first.

I dont even know what the other guys did.

I have been tempted to weigh Josie down with armor to slow her, but ehhh. She either wrecks poo poo and takes no damage, or wrecks poo poo and loses all her limbs, not stopping fighting until she bleeds to death because passing out is for scrub casual losers.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
:yikes:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Big betting war on the Animists vs Dentists fight!

Ramc
May 4, 2008

jon joe posted:

Big betting war on the Animists vs Dentists fight!

That is going to be a good one.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Bet on the Dwarves. Always.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Apeliminator.

Apeliminator.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Looking at the log our team had great copper armor that round. I counted 5 instances of copper armor turning blows from iron weapons.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I call foul :colbert:. The mamga result should have been played out. Mere incliment weather shouldn't stop a match.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Tunicate posted:

I call foul :colbert:. The mamga result should have been played out. Mere incliment weather shouldn't stop a match.

"And a forgotten beast has just rampaged into the arena! How will our contestants handle this one?!"

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Hey. Guess who is an admin on the site?

Get ready for mystery boxes, everyone. We really could have a forgotten beast appear in the arena as a third team.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Tunicate posted:

I actually did. :ssh:

The fight went the same way, except Antwoman burned to death, and A Lost Cowman ended up throwing the gremlin almost into the lava. Didn't save the fight log, though.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

Spermy Smurf posted:

Get ready for mystery boxes, everyone. We really could have a forgotten beast appear in the arena as a third team.
I wasn't aware those could be spawned in the arena.

E: Unless you are spawning a cow with amnesia or something.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Spermy Smurf posted:

Looking at the log our team had great copper armor that round. I counted 5 instances of copper armor turning blows from iron weapons.

Only 3, actually.

The first is a kobold's iron battleaxe bouncing off a molemarian's mail shirt. Kobolds are fairly small and weak, molemarians are fairly large, and axes have a large contact area. Add that up on a glancing blow, and you have a deflection. It's one of those cases where other factors sometimes cause the armor to work better or worse than it normally does.
The second is a human zweihander bouncing off a minotaur's greaves. The hit was on the lower body. The torso in general has the thickest armor, minotaurs are really big, humans are merely average in strength, and the weapon has a large contact area. So, same as the above, but with bigger participants and stronger armor.
The third is a dagger. As awesome as dagger stabs are, dagger cuts are lame, and even an adamantine dagger sometimes fails to penetrate armor on a slash.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

so uh

how bout lightly whipped? we gonna win this round, i feel it

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Chaz and In like Flynn are both joint top of the leaderboard on 13, so let's look at the other end. Stephen Harper is at last worthy of his name, and the ranks of the Unblooded are down to five nameless peons.

Lightly Whipped and This Bites sully the arena with two unblooded each. The last stain upon honour resides in Cool Rad Awesome Pals. Shame them!

Now, this seventh round was the end of the first tranche of division versus division battles. How did each of the four fortresses fare?

Boatmurdered vs Bronzestabbed
3 wins to 1
13 kills to 7
3 wins to 1
12 kills to 4
2 wins to 2
9 kills to 10
3 wins to 1
13 kills to 7

Total:
Boatmurdered wins series 11-5, 47 kills to 28

Gemclod vs Syrupleaf
2 wins to 2
9 kills to 10
1 win to 3
7 kills to 15
3 wins to 1
15 kills to 5
2 wins to 2
8 kills to 8

Total:
Series drawn 8-8, Gemclod tiebreak by 39 kills to 38

Boatmurdered curbstomped Bronzestabbed, emerging as the clear divisional frontrunners. Gemclod and Syrupleaf are virtually inseparable, just a single death over sixteen matches giving Gemclod the slimmest of edges. It will be fascinating to see over the next four bouts if Boatmurdered is unusually strong or Bronzestabbed is unusually weak as they face off against the teams setting par.

Next four rounds:
Boatmurdered vs Syrupleaf, Gemclod vs Bronzestabbed.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
E: Mistake.

I am feeling really bad about the betting on the next dentists match. Most of it is just Jon Joe :(

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Pickled Tink posted:

E: Mistake.

I am feeling really bad about the betting on the next dentists match. Most of it is just Jon Joe :(

Yeah, and? Most of the other team is just Klokwork. Take away both our bets and Dentists is still winning in bet amount (though not pure # of bets). That's what's happens when the wealthiest 1% control 80% of the betting. Dwarfie Sanders 2016.

Klokwurk
Sep 18, 2010

I'm completely bloody shit at this!
This is probably going to go badly for me as I don't really know what I'm doing and I'm betting against jon joe when he's not trying to be wrong.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Maarak posted:

This would've been a good time to have that glowing blue shirt.

Maarak, the next round has This Bites- who has two of my favorite gladiators- going up against the Plump Helmets. I respect the work you have done managing Roland "2 Chainz" Gorchnik, taking him from a hapless layabout wasting all his money on expensive, showy shirts to a lean, mean fighting machine. The lessons you learned training dogs to dance no doubt served you well. (Or so I assume from your avatar). His is truly an inspirational story to all would-be lashers.

It is with a heavy heart that we will have to destroy your team in the ring.

(My other favorite is Sun Tzulander. He one-punched a yeti and rips out peoples bones in my fan fictions.)

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Klokwurk posted:

This is probably going to go badly for me as I don't really know what I'm doing and I'm betting against jon joe when he's not trying to be wrong.

Literally 90% of my process is looking at the most recent round for equipment and comparing them for anything that stands out as a hard counter to the other team, or at least a murder advantage.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
And you still bet on us? You're mad!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Pickled Tink posted:

And you still bet on us? You're mad!

Hell's Dentists is on the left side of the arena.
Madmartigan (gbuchold) is a male molemarian. He wields an iron pick and a wooden shield and wears no armor.
The Abominable Gladiator (Pickled Tink) is a female yeti. She is empty handed and wears a copper mail shirt, a bronze mail shirt, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.
In Like Flynn (grobbendonk) is a male dwarf. He wields an iron pick and a wooden shield and wears a copper helm, an iron mail shirt, a copper breast plate, copper greaves, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.
Krog Bonesmasha (astus) is a male elf. He wields a copper war hammer and wears an iron helm, leather armor, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.

Subterranean Animists is on the right side of the arena.
Braun Strowman (Frozen_Flame) is a female soldier ant woman. She wields a copper short sword, a copper short sword, and a copper short sword and wears an iron helm, a copper mail shirt, a copper mail shirt, iron leggings, and iron gauntlets.
Baldwin (captaindirtnap) is a male dwarf. He wields an iron spear and a wooden shield and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, and iron gauntlets.
Qwarf (C7ty1) is a male dwarf. He wields an iron spear and a wooden shield and wears an iron helm, an iron breast plate, iron greaves, and iron gauntlets.
Dusseldwarf (decoy badger) is a female dwarf. She wields an iron spear and a wooden shield and wears a copper mail shirt, a copper mail shirt, iron gauntlets, and iron low boots.

Klokwurk
Sep 18, 2010

I'm completely bloody shit at this!
See, I'm too lazy to actually check things like that.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
APELIMINATOR.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

alcharagia posted:

APELIMINATOR.

Are you okay?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

jon joe posted:

Are you okay?

Perfect mechanical bodies are a little tough on one's mind.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

jon joe posted:

Are you okay?

:mad:

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

alcharagia posted:

APELIMINATOR.

APELIMINATOR

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

alcharagia posted:

NAMELESS UNBLOODED.

Fixed that for you. It hasn't earned a name. :colbert:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

I don't know alcharagia, have you tried wanting it more?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

:staredog:

oh my god

I finally got a kill

oh my god

hell it was even a good fight, I beat the bejeezus out of that guy.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Good work killing that dude!

It looks like builds are locked again ahead of impending violence.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Ramc posted:

Good work killing that dude!

It looks like builds are locked again ahead of impending violence.

I love violence!

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
:sadfan:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 8, Fight 1 :siren:

This Bites is on the left side of the arena.
Knife Toseeu (synthorange) is a female strangler. She wields a copper large dagger and a wooden buckler and wears a bronze cap.
Sun Tzulander the Philomodel (Keru) is a male elf. He is empty handed and wears a steel cap, a copper mail shirt, a silver breast plate, leather leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Roland Gorchnik (Maarak) is a male human. He wields a copper whip and a copper scourge and wears an iron cap, leather armor, leather gauntlets, and leather low boots.
Eyeteeth IV (Revenant Threshold) is a male werewolf. He wields a silver buckler and wears an iron helm, leather armor, an iron mail shirt, iron greaves, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.

The Plump Helmets is on the right side of the arena.
Dory (my dad) is a female minotaur. She wields a copper spear and a copper spear and wears a bronze cap, a bronze mail shirt, bronze gauntlets, and bronze high boots.
James LargeSausage (Afriscipio) is a male human. He wields an iron halberd and wears a copper cap, an iron mail shirt, iron leggings, iron gauntlets, and iron low boots.
Josie the Bludgeonatrix (Ramc) is a female elf. She wields a copper mace and a wooden shield and wears leather armor, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Return of Panty Thief (Mr. Vile) is a male yeti. He is empty handed and wears a bronze helm, a bronze breast plate, bronze greaves, bronze gauntlets, and bronze low boots.

The Plump Helmets is a 3.33 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 10378.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 3118.00 dwarfbucks for This Bites.

James Largesausage sends his halberd into Sun Tzu's hand. Sun Tzu decides punching Dory in the horn is the way to go. It does nothing, I just thought it was worth a mention. I mean, it's a giant cow. Why would you punch it's horn?

Dory responds by taking off the elf's nose.

Eyeteeth bites the huge Yeti's tongue somehow and won't let go. Cat got your tongue? LOL I am hilarious. Josie slams her mace into Knife Toseeu's lower body and the strangler looks sick. Dory stabs Roland's hand, forcing him to drop his weapon that had caused a number of bruises so far.

Knife Toseeu and James Largesausage trade equal blows to left hands. Nerves are severed, muscles are hosed, and bone is fractured for both gladiators. Good thing the strangler has 3 other hands compared to James' single unfucked hand.

Eyeteeth has taken a few charges, but stands back up each time. Panty Thief causes multiple bruises with his buckler, and one to the neck finally pisses Eyeteeth off enough to enrage him. I dont know what that means, but he's flashing a red !

Sun Tzulander punches Dory in the cheek, and the minotaurs facebone collapses into a lump of gore. There is a lot of bruising and deflected attacks by everyone at this point... And then James Largesausage gets another solid blow in against Knife Toseeu. The strangler passes out from the pain as a second arm is pulped by the halberd.

Roland gets a solid blow in against Dory, and the minotaur's lung is bruised.

James Largesausage puts her out of her misery quickly.

Dory finally gets the better of one-weapon-Roland. The spear cleaves the humans forearm in two! James darts in and puts his halberd into the humans hand, and then Dory sticks her other spear clean through his stomach. Roland passes out.

Dory fails to kill Roland with a headshot, so James takes his head clean off instead.

I dont even know. Fartstorm isn't even in this fight.
That's Sun Tzulander who gets teamed up by Dory, James, and Josie. James puts him down with another arm hacking.

James Largesausage takes the kill again. At the same time Dory had moved and stabbed Eyeteeth in the chest from the side. Down goes Eyeteeth.

Dory gets the kill.

Team DickJoke won with a 4-0 flawless victory. The 3:1 betting ratio was absolutely correct. Also I now have zero dwarfbux until I can figure out how to change my numbers within the site. So far, no luck. I did find the "Ban Bad Munki" button which is an odd thing to have scripted into a site, but whatever.

Kills:
James Largesausage: 3
Dory: 1

Combat Log

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jan 19, 2016

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
nobody should be surprised

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
James Largesausage claims third place behind Chaz Steadyfist and In like Flynn with 12 kills, effectively three teams soloed.

This Bites still have two Unblooded. 32 chances to kill an opponent, none taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
It's worth pointing out that Panty thief stole the silver buckler during the fight and proceeded to maul its previous owner half to death with it.