Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned
Supposedly the actors were playing the Poe and Finn interactions as romantic. Who knows!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

What trick were they trying to pull off here, exactly?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1942882-gofundme-crowdsourcing-site-shuts-down-womans-reimbursement-campaign-after-losing-powerball/
It's probably just a prank or a joke, but drat if I want it to be real.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

YggiDee posted:

Oscar Issac, who plays Poe, is Guatemalan.

Ah, ok. I was hoping that was it, because otherwise I was totally lost.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Remember the taco bell exec who got fired for assaulting an uber driver? He is suing that uber driver for filming the attack. There's no way this doesn't backfire, nosiree :allears:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fired-taco-bell-exec-uber-attack-suing-driver-5-million-n497646?cid=sm_fb

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.

Icon Of Sin posted:

Remember the taco bell exec who got fired for assaulting an uber driver? He is suing that uber driver for filming the attack. There's no way this doesn't backfire, nosiree :allears:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fired-taco-bell-exec-uber-attack-suing-driver-5-million-n497646?cid=sm_fb

I love this stuff.

quote:

In his civil answer, Golden said that he denies causing any damage to the driver, and added that even if there were any damages they "were proximately caused by the negligence, fault or carelessness" of Caban himself," or "other third parties."

In other words, "I didn't actually hurt the guy, but if I did, it was literally anybody's fault but mine."

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Icon Of Sin posted:

The "I was drunk, he should have known better than to let me in the car!" defense is a new take on an old favorite. What a piece of poo poo.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

tbf this is my reaction to drinking skyy anyway

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Sure is a good job they don't make pool balls out of nitrocellulose any more...

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

The dog is having a grand time, but I can't say the same for his master. The judge checking his stopwatch kills me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iTTNRE-njM

TNO
Jul 9, 2006

I drank all your Kool-Aid.

Eggbeater Jesus posted:

I love this stuff.

In other words, "I didn't actually hurt the guy, but if I did, it was literally anybody's fault but mine."

He was an executive. Passing the blame is part of what they do.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
That he apologized so much before to try and save face is going to gently caress him up in court.

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Slugnoid posted:

This was in the related links, a ten minute compilation of people trying to beat the train across the tracks and losing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYWFnTszthk

:nms: because surely some of the people must have died (especially number 4)

Those were great ways to gently caress up your track.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Mizuti posted:

The dog is having a grand time, but I can't say the same for his master. The judge checking his stopwatch kills me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iTTNRE-njM

This is adorable and possibly the most perfect example of Golden Retriever-ness I've seen.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That's a smart dog. A trophy is of no use to him. But free bratwurst doesn't happen every day.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

Ar 2:39 = splat!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

That's a smart dog. A trophy is of no use to him. But free bratwurst doesn't happen every day.

holy poo poo now I'm picturing that dog back stage with all the other dogs explaining his plan.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Polaron posted:

This is adorable and possibly the most perfect example of Golden Retriever-ness I've seen.

I've known dozens of golden retrievers. They are all very obedient animals - so long as you hold the treats. Leave the treats on the ground and you get that mess.

I laugh until I cry every time I watch this video.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CaptBushido
Mar 24, 2004

Has anyone explained what they were trying to do with the pool table fire yet? Because I'm all the way at 10 on the "What a strange trick" meter for that one

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Testekill posted:

Ah yes Ice. A friend of my sister is a cop out in Melton (a notoriously lovely town outside of Melbourne) and he has so many stories about iceheads and all that poo poo.

For our American friends: "Ice" is what meth is called in Australia.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

SpacePig posted:

What trick were they trying to pull off here, exactly?

Some amazing shot, but with the pool table on fire.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

CaptBushido posted:

Has anyone explained what they were trying to do with the pool table fire yet? Because I'm all the way at 10 on the "What a strange trick" meter for that one

Honestly to me it looks like they were trying to make a fake fail video and accidentally succeeded in making a real one. The first one just seems too staged to me.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I think they wanted to just put the ball on fire, so it leaves a trail of fire behind it when it rolls. Soaking the table with fuel is not the right way to do that.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Probably thought that a flaming ball would leave a trail of fire behind it as it rolled.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Hyperlynx posted:

For our American friends: "Ice" is what meth is called in Australia.

In the u.s. we use all available international words for any drug and some you never heard of from people who get high on their own supply and just make poo poo up.

[/goon on a goon bender for sat. night/]

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

This is even more magical with sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2t31AKP3rs

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Well-known douchebag Dustin 'Screech' Diamond goes to jail.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11574980

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Why are cats retarded like that?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Both cats and dogs, in my experience, have a really strong reflex against contact around the hind legs, but I'm no zoologist. Must be some evolutionary instinct. :shrug:

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Grem posted:

Why are cats retarded like that?

Most of janky cat behavior comes from the fact that cats operate reactively basically all of the time. The cat was already riled up, and its back paws touching something triggered an 'attack the motherfuck out of that' reflex. Then, since the cat was getting the poo poo clawed out of it by these loving legs (which unrelatedly happened to belong to it), it counterattacked and pretty easily pinned them down.

My oldest current pet cat has had a lifelong unawareness of her own tail. She chased it all the goddamn time when she was a kitten, gradually decreasing as she ages, and to this day after almost 9 years of living with a tail will occasionally get spooked by it and run away. Also, when she perches on the rim of the tub while I'm bathing and her tail inevitably falls in, it takes her a few moments to notice and then when she does she gives it the most disgusted, derisive look before pulling it out of the water with her paws and then holding it down while she grooms it.

If I'm petting her really good, and she's to the point where she's lying on her side all cat-melty from the attention, I can trap her tail against the floor with my other hand. It'll keep trying to move, and she'll get gradually angrier but also confused, because I'm still delivering the rubs. This is key, because it also distracts her from what my other hand is doing. Generally she'll stay in place, gradually extending her claws, getting crazy eyes, and then starting to growl and yowl, until I finally feel bad enough to let her tail go!

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
When my dog jumps on the couch she usually farts and it's like fart propulsion

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Holy poo poo, the head even took out a ladder. :allears:

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

MitchellRupe.gif

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
There is no way that isn't Danny De Vito.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

LonsomeSon posted:

Most of janky cat behavior comes from the fact that cats operate reactively basically all of the time. The cat was already riled up, and its back paws touching something triggered an 'attack the motherfuck out of that' reflex. Then, since the cat was getting the poo poo clawed out of it by these loving legs (which unrelatedly happened to belong to it), it counterattacked and pretty easily pinned them down.

My oldest current pet cat has had a lifelong unawareness of her own tail. She chased it all the goddamn time when she was a kitten, gradually decreasing as she ages, and to this day after almost 9 years of living with a tail will occasionally get spooked by it and run away. Also, when she perches on the rim of the tub while I'm bathing and her tail inevitably falls in, it takes her a few moments to notice and then when she does she gives it the most disgusted, derisive look before pulling it out of the water with her paws and then holding it down while she grooms it.

If I'm petting her really good, and she's to the point where she's lying on her side all cat-melty from the attention, I can trap her tail against the floor with my other hand. It'll keep trying to move, and she'll get gradually angrier but also confused, because I'm still delivering the rubs. This is key, because it also distracts her from what my other hand is doing. Generally she'll stay in place, gradually extending her claws, getting crazy eyes, and then starting to growl and yowl, until I finally feel bad enough to let her tail go!

Stuff like this is what makes all the jackassery owning cats comes with worth it. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

monolithburger posted:

There is no way that isn't Danny De Vito.

The Gang Gets Someone Fired