Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Did they fix the mage 1/2 damage while casting augment in this version or is it still busted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Zeron posted:

So I'm trying to decide between Ranger/Assassin routes, and while I really want to like the bow it's been really lackluster for me so far(as a Strider) compared to the daggers. What's are some good Strider bow skills to use? The only one I have so far that does any damage is the rain of arrows one.

I'm having fun with Full Charge, especially when the mage sets my bow on fire and I slam an arrow through a harpy's face.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Any tips on the best way to earn gold fast, outside of doing quests from the board? I have about 400k right now but I want to get more to buy more armor from the counterfeit guy. Also, any other places to buy weapons outside of the starting town, and the capital city?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Can I get an invite? http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ruggan

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
Seeing as how there isn't a profile system for alts in this game, Is it worth starting over to min/max after beating the game the first time?

also I suppose a community invite would be rad

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rthell82

TheBlackRoija
May 6, 2008
*Ogre doing one of its charge moves runs off ledge and dies*

"I've learned a new way to fight their ilk" :allears:

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(
Could I get an invite to the group please?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/kiwillian

Also where and when do you get to change your class? I guess the main city?

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

https://orig06.deviantart.net/b362/f/2016/016/1/1/my_people_need_mee_by_aloooo81-d9o8exg.webm

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I had an ogre just fall off to its death. It wasn't even being attacked and I was like 50 feet away from it. It just...didn't want to live anymore.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I believe I can fly.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Randy Mythbuster posted:

Seeing as how there isn't a profile system for alts in this game, Is it worth starting over to min/max after beating the game the first time?

also I suppose a community invite would be rad

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rthell82

It depends on what you mean by min-maxing. I'd recommend, like, knowing what kind of dude you ultimately want to make and possibly getting one or two rings of perseverance early if you want to be unusually strong fast. Essentially though, min-maxing is pretty subjective and if you get too deep into it, you might do some unfun bullshit like not playing the class you really want to be for like 200 levels, which would be like several play throughs of doing stuff you don't want to. So basically figure out what you want to be, work towards that, and occasionally take a break and play another class that has augments or stats you need.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tae posted:

I had an ogre just fall off to its death. It wasn't even being attacked and I was like 50 feet away from it. It just...didn't want to live anymore.

Yeah the ogre on the way to the female bandit fort did this. It just randomly jumped off the cliff and died. Made getting passed the bandits there a lot easier.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I sent out some friend requests in an attempt to see more cool pawns, add me if you have one (or if it sucks too thats cool) http://steamcommunity.com/id/voltronn

Nice, mad ups.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Bringing my save across worked! Hurray!

Could I have an invite to the group, please? Although my pawn looks a bit boring, I promise I'll change him soon :ohdear:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sahocuspocus

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Oo Koo posted:

Also the grab escape QTE:s take every control input, if you're on a controller just mash all the buttons and waggle all the sticks and if you're on mouse & keyboard remember to use your mouse buttons too.

I wonder how many things about this game I still don't know in the hundreds of hours I've dumped into it.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

you truly understand, what it means to fly into free.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Battle Grandpa has too many years and not enough mercy.

I spared him and Mason is mad. I'm going at the whole story blind and have no idea what trouble I've cuased!

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Inzombiac posted:

Battle Grandpa has too many years and not enough mercy.

I spared him and Mason is mad. I'm going at the whole story blind and have no idea what trouble I've cuased!

Nothing. Nothing was going to happen either way after that little spare/kill scene.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
Was that Rook guy important? He died while I was running away from stuff on Bitterblack Isle and now I'm wondering if I'm gonna miss out on stuff :ohdear: Or is he just for that first quest?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

hampig posted:

Was that Rook guy important? He died while I was running away from stuff on Bitterblack Isle and now I'm wondering if I'm gonna miss out on stuff :ohdear: Or is he just for that first quest?

Rook is just to show you what pawns are like, don't worry he is meant to be disposed of the second you can.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
What happens if I hire a friend's pawn and they die? Any consequences?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
If we want to get all lore-heavy, pawns can't actually die, because they aren't really alive, they just return to the rift.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Megafunk posted:

No consequence, remember to send a message to your friend that their pawn is a useless little poo poo

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Megafunk posted:

Technically it means you couldn't rate them and send them off with an item if they die in the field, but that is broken right now so :smith:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Megafunk posted:

There are no consequences if you let a pawn die in general, and in fact the easiest way to be rid of one is to just chuck them off a cliff into water or something, which automatically returns them to the rift and gives their creator the reward for you using them without you having to go there and dismiss them.

edit: Or at least, it WOULD give them the usage reward if those were working right now.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

At what level do I unlock the dangan vocation

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I'll dig on an invite http://steamcommunity.com/id/kdrudy

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

At what level do I unlock the dangan vocation

The Magick Archer skill Sacrifical Bolt lets you fire your pawns like bullets to insta-gib enemies.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Thanks for the heads up that the gift system isn't working, I'm just up to the Rift part and wouldn't want all the tat I gift away to go to waste.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I don't even care that the Gift system is busted, its the fact that you don't get Rift crystals that bugs me.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I killed a dragon like thing it was kinda small and not really big but it made one of my items dragon flamed or something?

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

Man Whore posted:

I don't even care that the Gift system is busted, its the fact that you don't get Rift crystals that bugs me.

Does anyone have a link to something about this (or an explanation for what's bugged and when it might be fixed)? My pawn is a dude, so nobody's touching him, which sucks because he's the best pawn I've ever made. He's a level 40 sorc right now with a ridiculous 810 in magic. I got lucky.

I'll cheat him over to a lady just to get rift crystals, but I'd prefer not to. How is the pawn system broken right now?

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

cheesetriangles posted:

I killed a dragon like thing it was kinda small and not really big but it made one of my items dragon flamed or something?

That's the drake! You'll find him every 5? days in Devilfire Grove. Every item you and your main pawn are wearing has a chance to become dragonforged. I killed him tonight as well, but nothing forged for me. Glad to know it still works, I'm just having REALLY lovely luck tonight.

There's a set % chance for every item to become dragonforged based on how far you've upgraded it.

Also, it's a really fun (or frustrating) fight, depending on your class makeup. I barely scraped by as a magic-heavy party because the drat drake kept mind controlling our one fighter. Cue all of us running around like idiots not having time to cast.

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jan 17, 2016

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Thursday Next posted:

Does anyone have a link to something about this (or an explanation for what's bugged and when it might be fixed)? My pawn is a dude, so nobody's touching him, which sucks because he's the best pawn I've ever made. He's a level 40 sorc right now with a ridiculous 810 in magic. I got lucky.

I'll cheat him over to a lady just to get rift crystals, but I'd prefer not to. How is the pawn system broken right now?

That's the thing, he might actually be getting hired! You just can't tell because the screen that would tell you what your pawn got/what their ratings were is just... Not existing. Check to see if he has any knowledge of unknown monsters or quests, because THAT stuff is working for whatever reason.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Flying into free.

Anyway, thinking of picking this up, but I had a question that didn't seem to be answered in the newbie section: what's the better control scheme, KB/M or controller? Or is it "pick whichever you like"?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

SpaceDrake posted:

Flying into free.

Anyway, thinking of picking this up, but I had a question that didn't seem to be answered in the newbie section: what's the better control scheme, KB/M or controller? Or is it "pick whichever you like"?

you can hotswap, which i do because melee is easier with controller but mouse aim for shooting bows all day erry day

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

SpaceDrake posted:

Flying into free.

Archery with a mouse and access to item hotkeys is really nice, but my roommate still likes playing with a controller. ymmv.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Infinity Gaia posted:

Check to see if he has any knowledge of unknown monsters or quests, because THAT stuff is working for whatever reason.

This is also the only reason I've been bothering to take player pawns and why you should too.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

That's the thing, he might actually be getting hired! You just can't tell because the screen that would tell you what your pawn got/what their ratings were is just... Not existing. Check to see if he has any knowledge of unknown monsters or quests, because THAT stuff is working for whatever reason.
Is the record of "pawns your pawn knows" working at the moment, or is it nothing but the monster/quest knowledge?

Man Whore posted:

Nobody hired my pawn on the consoles so I'm used to it. :smith:

By the way is there any way to search for specific pawns by name or are there only the category searches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I just got to Gran Soren, do I just do quests now?