Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

drat, are we twins? I have these ingredients almost exactly and I was going to post about 'dines rolled up in lavash with mustard, horseradish, cream cheese (or brie) with spinach and kale thrown in.

Your choice of beer is spot on as well.

Re: Kippered herring- what brands do you 'diners like? I've only had Crown Prince which are good I guess without having anything to compare them against

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Sheep-Goats posted:

I buy and eat dill pickle chips and I do it defiantly and I have for years

You ever just eat something? Like, "I'm not going to make a statement in the manner in which I have prepared or plan to consume this thing, I'm just going to eat it." And then you eat it.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

doctorfrog posted:

You ever just eat something? Like, "I'm not going to make a statement in the manner in which I have prepared or plan to consume this thing, I'm just going to eat it." And then you eat it.

I didn't train for seven years in the monastery to waste my time with that poo poo

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Sheep-Goats posted:

I didn't train for seven years in the monastery to waste my time with that poo poo

Now I'm imagining you sitting in your cell or cloister or whatever, with a modestly-sized barrel of chipped pickles tucked between your legs, sneering as you consume handful after handful.

And I have to say that's the most delightful thing I've pondered today, thanks.

My entry won me a coupon (which everyone got, even the idiots who wrote haiku about "king arthur" sardines). Damned if I can find it in the Facebooks right now, though.

naem
May 29, 2011

pahuyuth posted:

drat, are we twins? I have these ingredients almost exactly and I was going to post about 'dines rolled up in lavash with mustard, horseradish, cream cheese (or brie) with spinach and kale thrown in.

Your choice of beer is spot on as well.

Re: Kippered herring- what brands do you 'diners like? I've only had Crown Prince which are good I guess without having anything to compare them against

Mustard AND horseradish??

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

doctorfrog posted:

Now I'm imagining you sitting in your cell or cloister or whatever, with a modestly-sized barrel of chipped pickles tucked between your legs, sneering as you consume handful after handful.

And I have to say that's the most delightful thing I've pondered today, thanks.

My entry won me a coupon (which everyone got, even the idiots who wrote haiku about "king arthur" sardines). Damned if I can find it in the Facebooks right now, though.

psh

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Necros posted:

you eat the bones??

Yes, because I'm not a little bitch boi.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
There were hundreds of entries to the KO haiku contest and goons won at least 3 of the 5 grand prizes. Keep it up guys! :3:

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
canned octopus is real good too

eat it right out the tin w/ a toothpick for a good time thanks for the life lesson papa

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
KO should be paying me a commission IMHO

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Cute as heck posted:

canned octopus is real good too

eat it right out the tin w/ a toothpick for a good time thanks for the life lesson papa

I saw that at the store the other day but I thought it was a gimmick. How does octopussy taste, anyways?

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

Thump! posted:

I saw that at the store the other day but I thought it was a gimmick. How does octopussy taste, anyways?

Good, get the one in garlic sauce

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

I prefer canned squid in ink over canned octopus. Octopus in a can has a slightly gritty texture that kind of puts me off.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

If you get canned octopus, don't try to cook it in with eggs or whatever because applying any heat whatsoever turns it into inedible rubber in seconds.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
I also won top prize in the haiku contest! I get the feeling a ton of people did, but here was my winning entry:

I won a gift card
At a work Christmas party
Gonna buy some 'dines

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Can someone link me to an impact analysis of (or otherwise describe) the long-term effects of dine oil on kitchen plumbing?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Bea Nanner posted:

Can someone link me to an impact analysis of (or otherwise describe) the long-term effects of dine oil on kitchen plumbing?

I think Flint Michigan just came through with some conclusive results on the subject.

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

Another goon haiku first place victory!

Here was my winning submission:

Breaking metal chimes
Herald Kingly sardine feasts
Oil drops in the sink

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

final2percent posted:

Breaking metal chimes
Oil drops in the sink

Okay I was going to say all the haiku in the thread were real bad but this one is pretty good

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Did goons literally win all 5 places on that contest?

Fuckin' goons man :coolfish:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

final2percent posted:

Breaking metal chimes
Oil drops in the sink

I hope king oscar slips you an extra can o' dines for that one

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Bea Nanner posted:

you don't put oil down the drain, dine, cooking or otherwise. you put it in a sealed container, like a coffee can and you put it in the trash.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
There are, of course, certain times when this wouldn't be appropriate, but I don't know why you just don't use it in cooking.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
yeah i dont give a poo poo about societies rules and i just follow it up with hot water for a while. holes are holes.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Bea Nanner posted:

yeah i dont give a poo poo about societies rules and i just follow it up with hot water for a while. holes are holes.

think of your drain like a pussy, you don't want to be putting oil based lubricants in it.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
i rent :twisted:

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

um... if you ever need to call a plumber to fix your poo poo because you poured oil down the drain the plumber is entitled, by the ancient concord of pluminion, to do the entirety of the repair work naked

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
You might have a clause in your lease telling you not to put food and oil down the kitchen sink like an infant, right next to the clause about not flushing condoms down the toilet.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
nope

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

zedprime posted:

You might have a clause in your lease telling you not to put food and oil down the kitchen sink like an infant, right next to the clause about not flushing condoms down the toilet.

I think there's a difference between half a teaspoon of oil from a sardine can (or the remnants of oil from a cooking pan) compared to what these clauses usually exist for (people who deep fat fry regularly and use lard in their cooking -like the british).

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Don't fight the outrageous ignorance of the infantile. The slow aching realizations of their own stupidity as they mature is punishment enough.

More to the point: Why toss out all that flavor? :confused:

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
wellllllllllllllll my toilet went crazy yesterday afternoo-oon
the plumber he says never flush a tam-poo-oon

Overwined posted:

Don't fight the outrageous ignorance of the infantile. The slow aching realizations of their own stupidity as they mature is punishment enough.

More to the point: Why toss out all that flavor? :confused:

think you pretty much toxxed yourself to post a video of yourself drinking all the oil out of a can of dines. do you drink the brine in the pickle jar as well? or eat that weird aspic that vienna sausages come packed in?

Sizone fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jan 17, 2016

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Tampoon: When you use your gf's tampons as pontoon boats for your Star Wars Action Figures while playing with them in the tub.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Overwined posted:

Tampoon: When you use your gf's tampons as pontoon boats for your Star Wars Action Figures while playing with them in the tub.

you've never actually seen what happens to a tampon when it gets wet, have you?

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Sizone posted:

you've never actually seen what happens to a tampon when it gets wet, have you?

No, because I've only ever had sex with post-menopausal women. So much cleaner that way.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Overwined posted:

No, because I've only ever had sex with post-menopausal women. So much cleaner that way.

total concurrence there bud, hysterectomies are also pretty rockin'

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Had one of those big oval red cans of dines in tomato sauce you can find in the mexican aisle, heated in a sauce pan with some anchovie paste, oregano, basil, and parsley, ground some cheese in, and mixed it with some rotini pasta. Quick easy and cheap dinner, if you're feeling less lazy you can obviously pan fry some mushrooms or such first but imo dines are best for simple meals.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Sizone posted:

wellllllllllllllll my toilet went crazy yesterday afternoo-oon
the plumber he says never flush a tam-poo-oon

think you pretty much toxxed yourself to post a video of yourself drinking all the oil out of a can of dines. do you drink the brine in the pickle jar as well? or eat that weird aspic that vienna sausages come packed in?

Do you not?

That's the best part yo.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
Did you other winners all get the "grand" prize? If so goons really did get 5 out of 5 and if you look at the Facebook page there were tons and tons of entries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I occasionally would drink a small amount of pickle brine until I started having some acid issues... more related to alcohol consumption than brine quaffing. Had ta cut down on both for a bit.

Also, got some extra oil at the bottom of the sardine tin? Bread, dude. Done.

doctorfrog fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 17, 2016