Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
why do these noodling indians refuse to hit the ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Kohlis odi record is insane.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
Yeah, Kohli has a hundred, it's cool and all to celebrate but India are gonna need 90+ runs in the last seven overs to really get anywhere

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

If at first you don't succeed, try the same strategy for the rest of the series.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

India are so loving awful. Jesus.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Think we're going to regret dismissing Maqsood, quite happy with his strike rate rather than Akmal or Afridi to come.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
Couldn't break 300, not good.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
Which Marsh does this thread consider to be Bad Marsh, again? Or are they both bad? Or both good at limited overs? Help me.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

runoverbobby posted:

Which Marsh does this thread consider to be Bad Marsh, again? Or are they both bad? Or both good at limited overs? Help me.

Shaun Marsh is good at batting in ODIs, Mitchell Marsh is passable as a 4th seamer in tests, outside of that they both suck.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Those are certainly challenges for the future of international cricket. I just dont believe there is going to be a shift in tradition in australia within a generation.

Who is the higher profile cricketer in australia steven smith (no bbl games this year) or Chris Lynn ?

The West Indies have been trash for years as an aside. The RSA are an aging great team. They were always destined to fall back into the pack. A player like steyn doesnt just come along all the time. Hes one of the best fast bowlers ever.

Think of all the advantages australia has to produce good cricketers and even Australia goes through periods of not being very good when they lose a lot of talent. Look at this loving z grade bowling line up trotted out after a handful of injuries.

This is one of the most exciting periods in test history imo. There are 5 or 6 good test teams at the moment. I think England are probably the best but its very close and all teams are beatable. England, australia, india, pakistan, new zealand and the rsa have a fair bit of talent.

FWIW I'm an 30yr old Australian cricket fan and I couldn't tell you the first thing about how the BBL season is going or anything about how the IPL has been. I think I watched a couple of the grand final matches over the years but T20 just doesn't do it for me. I watched the WI tests when I could and all the ODI's with India so far; this is the cricket I like. It's what I grew up with.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
If one of the three formats is going to die it'll be ODIs.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Hmm, it's almost like you don't need to spend 30 overs scoring at 4.5 to build an innings on these pitches.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

This mann guy is an interesting bowler. He is really unusually slow

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Pakistan are getting loving smashed.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

Pakistan are getting loving smashed.

I don't think our guys enjoyed that first result much. Also all the ultra reactive cricinfo commenters were clamouring for Williamson to be dropped for T20 after the first match :lol:

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
Well that's one way to avoid a middle order collapse.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
How is it possible that out of 1.2 billion people, India still can't find 11 passable fielders

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

I don't think our guys enjoyed that first result much. Also all the ultra reactive cricinfo commenters were clamouring for Williamson to be dropped for T20 after the first match :lol:

Was someone legit saying this?

Australia's pitches make cricket boring.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

The pitches arent good but these are two bad bowling attacks. A fit starc and the game is completely different.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

webmeister posted:

How is it possible that out of 1.2 billion people, India still can't find 11 passable fielders

The comedic misfields are an overall service to cricket, maybe it's their way of making up for all the bad poo poo their board and fans do.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Ewar Woowar posted:

Was someone legit saying this?

Yes, several people in the comments of the match report and today's preview. They have the memory of a goldfish.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
That misfield was hilarious, it would have been nice seeing a replay of it though instead of that Hussey selfie bullshit

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/CricketAus/status/688647967956316160

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

lmao

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

webmeister posted:

The role models for young crickets there didn't field, they just smashed sixes.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Sharp stumping

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Jadeja was confirmed to be a fraud ages ago and it's disgraceful that he's still getting wickets.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Oh Smarsh

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

gay picnic defence posted:

The role models for young crickets there didn't field, they just smashed sixes.

you could be a channel 9 commentator with this kind of insight

next up west indians are very athletic but lazy

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Looks like a job for Bevo

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Virat Kohli seems like an intense guy

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Mitch Marsh is pretty slow. Its obviously noticeable when he is run out like a lumbering oaf but if anyone ever gets a chance to watch an Australian game in person just look how lumbering he is in the field.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Aus gunna lose this

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The fix is in to keep the series alive

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

It's not looking good.

Realistically the side is a proper batsman short. Watson in Mitch Marsh spot is a bit better IMO.

Obviously this is just testing poo poo to prepare for the next world cup.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Pretty terrible batting maxy. Just hit a single.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
He turns himself inside out trying to construct the shots that just aren't there. Funny to watch.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

What game are you guys watching, Aus win 80% of the time from this situation imo.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Once these guys get out its the bowlers and they are awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

webmeister posted:

Virat Kohli seems like an intense guy
His glare is pretty scary.