Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

katlington posted:

Its 2 days later and i still have the trump anthem in my head

Me too. I don't like pedophilic Jingoism following me around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

katlington posted:

Its 2 days later and i still have the trump anthem in my head

its too late for you

fun tunnel
Feb 16, 2007

that boys so lovely

BarbarianElephant posted:

You can't deport 13 million

entertain my curiosity but how is this an impossible feat but confiscating half a billion guns is in the realm of reason?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

fun tunnel posted:

entertain my curiosity but how is this an impossible feat but confiscating half a billion guns is in the realm of reason?

tbf even the most irrational weeping vagina doesn't actually want to confiscate guns. You'll be hard pressed to get them to admit that actually want to make guns illegal.

fun tunnel
Feb 16, 2007

that boys so lovely

Powercrazy posted:

tbf even the most irrational weeping vagina doesn't actually want to confiscate guns. You'll be hard pressed to get them to admit that actually want to make guns illegal.

it makes even less sense. im guessing it would be a ban on scary sounding guns but i have my doubts the dotr 1488/terrorist/whatever etc crowd would be weary of importing through the unsecured southern border.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

fun tunnel posted:

it makes even less sense. im guessing it would be a ban on scary sounding guns but i have my doubts the dotr 1488/terrorist/whatever etc crowd would be weary of importing through the unsecured southern border.

Yea new gun-control is all about redefining what "arms" are, then banning them. So that way since the legislation doesn't target "arms" it obviously isn't violating the 2nd amendment. :downs:

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Trump may not get the presidency but I hope he at least gets to nail his daughter

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Iowa Snow King posted:

Trump may not get the presidency but I hope he at least gets to nail his daughter

he already is

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Top City Homo posted:

i support trump so he destroys the republican party forever

and then loses the election in a landslide
Barry Goldwater lost the election in 1964 in a landslide because of his extreme political platform and two years later the Republican party was electing dozens of politicians just like him. By the next Presidential election, Republicans began winning seats in Congress and Nixon won the White House.

These parties will probably outlive us.

BedBuglet
Jan 13, 2016

Snippet of poetry or some shit
I totally forgot that Trump used to make appearances on WWE. Maybe his supporters expect him to suplex Ali Khamenei?

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

baquerd posted:

This little ditty is making the rounds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPRfP_TEQ-g

This fills me with intense emotion

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Knight posted:

Barry Goldwater lost the election in 1964 in a landslide because of his extreme political platform and two years later the Republican party was electing dozens of politicians just like him. By the next Presidential election, Republicans began winning seats in Congress and Nixon won the White House.

These parties will probably outlive us.

the names probably will unless there is some big realignment

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
We aren't even in the general yet. At some point they're gonna have to try to sell this poo poo to middle America.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Powercrazy posted:

Yea new gun-control is all about redefining what "arms" are, then banning them. So that way since the legislation doesn't target "arms" it obviously isn't violating the 2nd amendment. :downs:

Black powder or bust.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I'm starting to get a Reagan vibe from Trump. In the sense the GOP establishment loving hates his guts. Just like they did when Reagan was running. Imagine if he wins and 20 years from now Republicans make him into the new Ronald Reagan figure.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Microwaves Mom posted:

I'm starting to get a Reagan vibe from Trump. In the sense the GOP establishment loving hates his guts. Just like they did when Reagan was running. Imagine if he wins and 20 years from now Republicans make him into the new Ronald Reagan figure.

More importantly, how will people remember Jeb!?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

mike12345 posted:

Who?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

mike12345 posted:

The establishment is pining for Romney, if that's any indication.

Mendicant
Sep 22, 2015

by zen death robot
I don't think I could handle trump veneration as a national god.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I am looking forward to Trump in the General election. I don't want him to win, but I certainly want him there.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

BedBuglet posted:

I totally forgot that Trump used to make appearances on WWE. Maybe his supporters expect him to suplex Ali Khamenei?

BedBuglet
Jan 13, 2016

Snippet of poetry or some shit

Why couldn't the actual Republican debates be like that? I want to see Christie jump off a podium and body slam Rubio.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

BedBuglet posted:

Why couldn't the actual Republican debates be like that? I want to see Christie jump off a podium and body slam Rubio.

Christie would pop Rubio like a water balloon.

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie

BedBuglet posted:

If anything the Democrats debate should be like that. Maybe people would watch them then lol

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Powercrazy posted:

Lol you've clearly never read a D&D gun control thread.

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie

Powercrazy posted:

lol this isn't true at all dumb dumb

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

-Troika- posted:

Lol you've clearly never read a D&D gun control thread.

I have, and they will retreat to the rallying cry of "no one wants to take your guns." Perhaps with an emoticon to really make their point. Obviously they will say this before they talk about how the new law that bans the sell of "assault weapons" isn't the same thing.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Anyone in the mood for some Chinese Trumplings?

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Are any of you going to the Ames event on Tuesday?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Best Giraffe posted:

Christie would pop Rubio like a water balloon.

I appreciate this on at least two levels.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

The UK Parliament is debating whether to ban Donald Trump from entering their country right now.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

The Human Crouton posted:

The UK Parliament is debating whether to ban Donald Trump from entering their country right now.

The fact that this is a serious thing shows how broken the UK political system is. Unless this is like one of those no-where bills that gets tossed around in the US congress occasionally.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

It's from a rule that any petition to the government that gets over 100k signatures has to be "considered" for debate. Nine times out of ten they consider it and go "nah no debate" but this gave everyone a chance to dunk on Trump and call him a buffoon in Parliament. There's no chance it actually passes and even if it did I don't think it'd bind the government (the home secretary in this case) to anything.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

did anybody say something awesome

sometimes people in parliament say stuff that's fun

they finally got ashamed of voting for george galloway right? im sure he's saying something in his fake campaign for london mayor or whatever he's up to now, but it was funny last decade when he was both an embarrassing pariah and a better speaker than anyone in the united states congress

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

oystertoadfish posted:

they finally got ashamed of voting for george galloway right? im sure he's saying something in his fake campaign for london mayor or whatever he's up to now, but it was funny last decade when he was both an embarrassing pariah and a better speaker than anyone in the united states congress

While I was watching they were just saying if they actually banned him it would make him a martyr and what if he actually became president would they have to lift the ban then?

On another note, this kid looks like another rear end in a top hat in the making

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

JHVH-1 posted:

While I was watching they were just saying if they actually banned him it would make him a martyr and what if he actually became president would they have to lift the ban then?

sounds like most of them probably didn't want to deal with it

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

oh man nothing about confiscating their coats

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

oystertoadfish posted:

I think someone actually used their debate speech for a backhanded burn on Galloway

quote:

The Labour MP Naz Shah is speaking now. She says Trump is a “demagogue”. She says she knows because she defeated a demagogue when was was elected MP for Bradford West. (Shah defeated George Galloway, the former Labour and then Respect MP

One called Trump a "wazzock"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

JHVH-1 posted:

On another note, this kid looks like another rear end in a top hat in the making

joffrey.jpg

• Locked thread