Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
wsib is a terrible program for workers but i'm 100% sure that's not the employer's issue with it so gently caress em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Furnaceface posted:

Why does Hal only post when CI is probated? I cant be the only one noticing the trend.

CI straight up calls him a liar when he posts while the rest of us just strongly imply it. I don't think Hals autism allows him to detect the sarcasm.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

ocrumsprug posted:

CI straight up calls him a liar when he posts while the rest of us just strongly imply it. I don't think Hals autism allows him to detect the sarcasm.

CI used to call Hal the only 'smart' poster in CanPol, before the thread consensus came in that Hal needs to take his meds.

It was pretty funny watching him suck up to an entirely unconvincing appeal to authority. :allears:

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Paging jm20 http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2016/01/12/sergeant-demoted-for-impaired-driving-conviction

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)

quote:

“She made an error in judgment that is not a reflection of her personal conduct as a member of the service,” McClay said. “She is stepping up and taking responsibility for her actions.”
I grit my teeth any time I hear that.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Franks Happy Place posted:

CI used to call Hal the only 'smart' poster in CanPol, before the thread consensus came in that Hal needs to take his meds.

It was pretty funny watching him suck up to an entirely unconvincing appeal to authority. :allears:

:ssh:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Sep 9, 2022

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)
I meant the part where it doesn't reflect on her conduct as a member of the police. A breathalyzer cop getting busted at 2x the legal limit - off duty or not - has hosed up as a member of the police.

I would have made that clear as the judge, just so we wouldn't have to hear her lawyer utter that bullshit.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Sep 9, 2022

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Kafka Esq. posted:

I meant the part where it doesn't reflect on her conduct as a member of the police. A breathalyzer cop getting busted at 2x the legal limit - off duty or not - has hosed up as a member of the police.

I would have made that clear as the judge, just so we wouldn't have to hear her lawyer utter that bullshit.

Wonder if they published her name on the 'shame list' of DUI drivers that the NRP puts out monthly.

Nah, actually I don't wonder at all.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009
I was talking to my dear sweet mother this morning about all things political and the one that I cannot get over is her insistence that The Rebel is a good media source for information. When I mentioned that I have no faith whatsoever in anything it presents she asked why and insisted I was just being close minded. Now the joy of digging up the first reports I read that were completely false or heavily misleading begins.

gently caress small town Alberta sometimes.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Hahahahaha gently caress you Kinder Morgan

quote:

For immediate release: Westridge drilling barge seized and shut down. Sunday 17th January 2016

Under the consent of Tsleil-Waututh Hereditary Chief Tulsii'm Kia'palanexw and Wei-Wai-Kay Hereditary Chief Geh-Soh-Giliach, Gigamaie, work crews contracted by Kinder Morgan undertaking offshore geotechnical operations on the Burrard Inlet by Westridge Marine Terminal, were shut down at approximately noon this morning by Hereditary Chief Geh-Soh-Giliach, Gigamaie and Xenoa Skinteh. Both people were involved in the Autumn Resistance of 2014 on so called Burnaby Mountain.

Kinder Morgan has not undertaken the necessary consultation with Hereditary Chiefs, and they are infringing upon the sovereignty of indigenous people of the unceded lands and waters here in Coast Salish Territory. With the permission from the Tsleil-Waututh Chief, and following a protocol of consultation the drill and barge will be seized and stopped from completing it's work. This action is done to remind Kinder Morgan that they do not have the right to be drilling as they have not received consent from the traditional and sovereign governance of this land.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

That's awesome

Get Dicked Kinder-Morgan.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Impressive, you managed not to post about weed

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
I don't know about the other provinces, but here in Quebec everyone under the age of (12?) gets free dental care. Get hosed meme makers.

Not that it always helps. At one point working as a camp nurse with underprivileged kids, I had a kid come in after catching a baseball with his mouth. I looked into it only to recoil in terror because his tooth line looked like someone had used the "random" button in an rpg character maker and was bleeding like a stuck pig. As I started freaking out and wondering what the number of the dental surgeon was, I had a brief thought.
:stonk: "Uh, were your teeth always like that?"
:confused: Yeah?
:doh: Oh, ok, just wondering, here's an icepack.

Nine of Eight fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 18, 2016

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

It's free for the children of low-income Ontarians too.

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!

Universal health care should be revised to include free dental care for all citizens. A Good Dumb Facebook Meme (AGDFM)

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

flakeloaf posted:

This is also the case in BC, but it only covers a cleaning every year. Need braces? Mouthguard? Etc? Better hope your parents are still young enough to work the streetcorner, because otherwise you'll be waiting till you can pay for it yourself as an adult.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

flakeloaf posted:

22k or less with one kid, 27k or less with 4 kids family net income to be eligible.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Nothing is funnier than right-wing douchebags who voted for Harper on the basis of "gently caress the poor/Canada, as long as my taxes get lowered/I am given handouts, nothing else matters" suddenly becoming leftists advocating for expanded benefits for low-income people. My family explicitly stated their indifference to poor people dying in the streets if it meant their taxes get lowered, and now they can't shut the gently caress up about how we can't afford to take in refugees when we aren't even taking care of our poorest citizens properly. I'm sure it's just a Christmas miracle and all the CPC voters suddenly grew a conscience!

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Conservatives will argue any position at any time if they feel it suits their purposes.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh

Lassitude posted:

Nothing is funnier than right-wing douchebags who voted for Harper on the basis of "gently caress the poor/Canada, as long as my taxes get lowered/I am given handouts, nothing else matters" suddenly becoming leftists advocating for expanded benefits for low-income people. My family explicitly stated their indifference to poor people dying in the streets if it meant their taxes get lowered, and now they can't shut the gently caress up about how we can't afford to take in refugees when we aren't even taking care of our poorest citizens properly. I'm sure it's just a Christmas miracle and all the CPC voters suddenly grew a conscience!

:qq: :qq: :qq:

Apparently CBC thought this post was important enough to make a news story about it.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

flakeloaf posted:

Extremely low income.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

mik posted:

Apparently CBC thought this post was important enough to make a news story about it.

Dear Ken,

You're right, social media certainly is powerful! My team used it to great effect in the election a few months back, and now I run this joint and go home to my hot wife most nights and my mistress a few times a week.

It's funny, looking at the history of Alberta, that it used to be a garbage place that no one wanted to go to and was supported by The East, and now it's just a place full of garbage people that no one wants to go to.

Anyway, the good times are still rollin' here in Ottawa, maybe think about voting Liberal a few years ago next time.

-JT

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Someone tried to convince me there's a sign prohibiting photography at the entrances to Pacific Centre mall, so I just walked over there to check and there's no such sign or notice. I don't know if they legitimately thought they remembered seeing that, or if they just made it up to suit their argument about suspicious dark men sneaking around sneakily taking sneaky pictures and how it justifies that embarrassing display we just had.

There's also people who aren't satisfied with the explanation given, and are demanding to see the men's birth certificates proof of vision impairment.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

mik posted:

As someone who lives in Alberta, I have no idea what this idiot is talking about. Alberta hasn't needed equalization payments in the past, but one presumes that it will receive them when the economy craters to the point where it's worse off than other provinces and it meets the criteria in the equalization formula. There's not like an equalization payment switch in 24 Sussex, is there?

Also, Canada does spend BILLIONS in foreign aid. But it has for years. Including under the Tories. And unless I missed something, there hasn't been a major announcement of changes in foreign aid as of yet.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Albino Squirrel posted:

As someone who lives in Alberta, I have no idea what this idiot is talking about. Alberta hasn't needed equalization payments in the past, but one presumes that it will receive them when the economy craters to the point where it's worse off than other provinces and it meets the criteria in the equalization formula. There's not like an equalization payment switch in 24 Sussex, is there?

Also, Canada does spend BILLIONS in foreign aid. But it has for years. Including under the Tories. And unless I missed something, there hasn't been a major announcement of changes in foreign aid as of yet.

Alberta will never ever receive equalization, too many young people there want to work. It's not even close to as bad as the maritimes or Ontario, they're just used to it. There's definitely not a switch, it's a 3 year rolling average so even if they were eligible, they wouldn't get any serious payments for another two years. I think the billions was the 2.65 billion he promised to the UN climate change fund that wasn't in his platform, http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/11/27/trudeau-set-to-deliver-toast-to-the-queen-at-commonwealth-summit.html

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

Albertans made the political choice to barely tax themselves and barely set aside any oil revenue. Why should the rest of Canada bail them out from the results of their terrible decisions?

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

THC posted:

Conservatives will argue any position at any time if they feel it suits their purposes.

Remind me again: What was your position on Chinese and refugee immigrants around March 2015?

As for the above poster who said Albertans failed to set aside proper surplus for a energy downturn, please remind me of all the transfer payments which would have been surplus which were remitted to the "have not" provinces in the past 30 years. Most of the Alberta advantage left Alberta to plug the holes in Quebec, Newfoundland & N.Scotia. So why should we not be expecting a fiscal windfall in return? Afterall, it was Alberta manufacturing orders that practically saved the rustbelt in Ontario so why shouldn't Ontario be required to bail-in AB. In fact, if energy east is the only pipeline which the rest of Canada supports, it should work both ways and all manufacturing exports should have a "carbon tax" which is remitted to Alberta, to offset the ultra low energy which the East is now enjoying, at Alberta's expense.

Hal_2005 fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 18, 2016

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
oh cool this argument. alberta received tremendous about of private charity from Ontario and Quebec in the great depression, the precursor to equalization payments in this country.

every province has had its have-not period, get over it

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Is it okay if we just cut Canada off at Manitoba?

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Kafka Esq. posted:

You have to keep Kenora

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

Kafka Esq. posted:

The time is now for Cascadia

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Hal_2005 posted:

Remind me again: What was your position on Chinese and refugee immigrants around March 2015?
They're fine. Same as ever.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Brass Key posted:

Universal health care should be revised to include free dental care for all citizens. A Good Dumb Facebook Meme (AGDFM)

Plus corrective vision, and hearing. It's kinda nuts that that stuff isn't covered.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Slightly Toasted posted:

You have to keep Kenora

Kenora is western Canada in all but geography. I'm sure they'd be happier to go. Maybe then Highway 17 would stop being a deathtrap.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Nope Ontario claimed it and we don't want it

You can't have it both ways

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hal_2005 posted:

As for the above poster who said Albertans failed to set aside proper surplus for a energy downturn, please remind me of all the transfer payments which would have been surplus which were remitted to the "have not" provinces in the past 30 years. Most of the Alberta advantage left Alberta to plug the holes in Quebec, Newfoundland & N.Scotia. So why should we not be expecting a fiscal windfall in return? Afterall, it was Alberta manufacturing orders that practically saved the rustbelt in Ontario so why shouldn't Ontario be required to bail-in AB. In fact, if energy east is the only pipeline which the rest of Canada supports, it should work both ways and all manufacturing exports should have a "carbon tax" which is remitted to Alberta, to offset the ultra low energy which the East is now enjoying, at Alberta's expense.

See look at this loving liar tell us that Energy East is stealing money from Alberta.

Since you're not big on government charity, you should accept that BC owes Alberta nothing, especially a pipeline in the north.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Also I have heard reports that some Albertans still have taxable lifestyles so how bad could it really be.

Say no to Albertan wealthfare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I don't doubt that in smaller communities it hits harder but, well, this is not JT's fault, this is the fault of Dear Leader and the minimum 1 generation of ineptitude that he cut his teeth on.