Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaking
Sep 15, 2009

Wasn't sneaking. Stupid fat hobbits.
Han Solo glowing like the sun.

For me, he always has and always will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm glad they are tracking such hot issues a WEAPON BALANCE and VEHICLE BALANCE.

At they managed to single out the A-wing specifically. Now they just need to acknowledge Scan Pulse.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm glad they are tracking such hot issues a WEAPON BALANCE and VEHICLE BALANCE.

At they managed to single out the A-wing specifically. Now they just need to acknowledge Scan Pulse.

Is it that scan pulse does nothing? I purchased it and I swear it hasn't shown me a single person

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Scan pulse is easily the most powerful charged card in the game, to the point of trivializing every other option except very situational things like "I am on Sullust so I will take ion shot to pop this turret".

e: if you haven't gotten anyone to show up on it then you can't be using it right. Somehow. Because it's really easy to use.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 17, 2016

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
Well acknowledging there's a problem is the first step

It's a pretty small step

But OK do stuff dice

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Dice took almost two months to even acknowledge a problem. Star Citizen could have done that in just two weeks!!!

Now lets see how long some fixes take.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Sneaking posted:

This is a feature, not a bug, damnit!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Man, Luke and Han are going to get parkas, aren't they?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Sneaking posted:

I'm pretty sure this is cannon as of the end of The Force Awakens.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

Dice took almost two months to even acknowledge a problem. Star Citizen could have done that in just two weeks!!!

Now lets see how long some fixes take.

Now now I only am annoyed matchmaking is poo poo

I didn't say it was as bad as Wing Commander Ten

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
I finally got a mic going tonight, turns out that weird half ear bud that my ps4 came with was actually a mic all this time.

And I unlocked the bowcaster and I can see how powerful it is. I haven't seen an annoying amount of the bowcaster + jet pack combo yet, though I'm not sure if its because its not being used by everyone, or that there is still alot of new players playing since Christmas.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The jumpack + bowcaster combo is probably a lot less prolific on consoles than it is PC.

lol if you bought this game on PC in general.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Chomp8645 posted:

The jumpack + bowcaster combo is probably a lot less prolific on consoles than it is PC.

:( I've made a huge mistake, apparently.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I don't own a console, it's a perfectly fine game on pc.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Yeah, the bowcaster is kind of a pain to use on console. I don't see it much at all.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

Steve Vader posted:

Yeah, the bowcaster is kind of a pain to use on console. I don't see it much at all.

its good for clearing hallways and on heroes v villains.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
You really can see it coming most of the time. It's about as threatening as an imploder. I just try to keep my jetpack available for the quick escape. If I don't have it charged, then I just go 'welp' and move on.

Bowcaster isn't any more annoying than getting sniped by a pulse cannon or rockets or anything else, I don't get the whiny.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm so confused because I've played a shittonne on PC and never seen anyone successfully use Jumppack/Bowcaster without me killing the poo poo out of them.

Also I love flying on the PC and going against people who think a game controller is better for it, I can turn on a dime and you can't, good game.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I'm so confused because I've played a shittonne on PC and never seen anyone successfully use Jumppack/Bowcaster without me killing the poo poo out of them.

Also I love flying on the PC and going against people who think a game controller is better for it, I can turn on a dime and you can't, good game.

Then you're fortunate. BH3 is 10+ kills with bowcasting on PC, with precious little people can do about it. Even smarter is waiting for a refresh cards power up, so even the personal shield guys cant stop the streak.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I'm one of those said controller people. I never could get comfortable flying with the mouse. It's so much smoother with a controller. You can't turn as tightly but you can strafe ground targets like nobody's business and dogfighting is generally pointless in this game anyways because of the vast differences in fighter strength. Even with your tighter turning I'll probably survive long enough in an A-Wing or Speeder so that you'll die or take hits chasing me around. And if I'm in a Tie even if I was using a mouse to fly you'd still beat me almost every time in a Rebel fighter because they're better. So generally I avoid trying to get into dogfights unless I'm getting the drop on somebody. I'd rather spend time racking up kills strafing infantry and dogfighting only if I'm in a Rebel fighter or if I have several Ties around to help me if I'm empire.

As for the Bowcaster I like jump casting but I get almost even more mileage out of it by using it in tight corridors with scan pulse. Wait until you see three dudes coming and unleash it and there's nothing people can do.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Ginette Reno posted:

I'm one of those said controller people. I never could get comfortable flying with the mouse. It's so much smoother with a controller. You can't turn as tightly but you can strafe ground targets like nobody's business and dogfighting is generally pointless in this game anyways because of the vast differences in fighter strength. Even with your tighter turning I'll probably survive long enough in an A-Wing or Speeder so that you'll die or take hits chasing me around. And if I'm in a Tie even if I was using a mouse to fly you'd still beat me almost every time in a Rebel fighter because they're better. So generally I avoid trying to get into dogfights unless I'm getting the drop on somebody. I'd rather spend time racking up kills strafing infantry and dogfighting only if I'm in a Rebel fighter or if I have several Ties around to help me if I'm empire.

As for the Bowcaster I like jump casting but I get almost even more mileage out of it by using it in tight corridors with scan pulse. Wait until you see three dudes coming and unleash it and there's nothing people can do.

What advantage does a controller grant on air->ground?

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
man I was hoping that was new content, they're just getting around to fixing day 1 bugs now? God loving damnit EA.

This game is fun but it's fallen way behind R6 for me simply because the map pool is way too drat shallow and the lack of voice coms pisses me off a real lot.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Yorkshire Tea posted:

What advantage does a controller grant on air->ground?

For me at least it's a lot smoother and easier to line up my shots. I found the mouse very herky jerky for flying. I could turn quicker but I could never find a satisfactory sensitivity with it. With the controller I find it near effortless to line up strafing runs.

That could just be me being used to it, of course. I flew with the mouse for beta but switched to a controller almost immediately once the game came out and I immediately liked it better and did a lot better with it.

Not saying it's better, but for me at least it is. I started dominating in fighters almost instantly when I went from mouse to controller. I wish I was good at mouse flying though because like you say it's probably better overall due to it being superior for dogfighting.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
So long as you fly erratically and don't just rely on turn fighting, the controller isn't half bad.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Spanish Manlove posted:

So long as you fly erratically and don't just rely on turn fighting, the controller isn't half bad.

Yeah since I can't out turn the mouse fliers I try to rely on altitude and specials to compensate. If I'm in a Tie I pop speed burst and climb as high as possible while changing direction slightly. If they're still on me when I do that, I dive back down and then hit loop a second or two later. If they're still on me after *that* I'm hosed, but I tend to lose a lot of people doing that. If I'm in a Rebel Fighter shields and their general superiority tends to be enough.

I occasionally get dominated facing really good Rebel Air but well who doesn't

frrtbkr
Apr 25, 2004
Anyone have XIM4 setup with PS4 for this? I'd probably still fly with the controller if that makes a difference.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Gotta love a Drop Zone spawn where if you run at full speed straight at it, you would never be able to make it to the site in time.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
Hey hi. I figured out the hand thing.

You can't skip or turn off their tutorials, or things will go really buggy.

A few button presses of 'I get it' later and things seem to be behaving.

spoon daddy
Aug 11, 2004
Who's your daddy?
College Slice

motoh posted:

Hey hi. I figured out the hand thing.

You can't skip or turn off their tutorials, or things will go really buggy.

A few button presses of 'I get it' later and things seem to be behaving.

Alternatively, you can use the Battlefront app to create and mange hands

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
if anyone wants to play this game on ps4 add CoolConsoleGuy. much more fun to play with friends than.....Solo

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
gently caress of Troll

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I think the season pass content will come out way too late in this game's life. How many people will be still playing it in March with zero new content in between?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Otis Reddit posted:

gently caress of Troll

Don't gently caress with me.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Palpek posted:

I think the season pass content will come out way too late in this game's life. How many people will be still playing it in March with zero new content in between?

Probably everyone who got it for Christmas or who wait for a price drop before buying a game.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Palpek posted:

March? Seriously? I was hoping on season pass content coming in January... I am lvl 47 now and barely play. But two more evenings of WA and I will be 50. Then I have nothing to look forward to any more.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I think there is no official date for the first season pass dlc set but that's what people have been saying based on Battlefield 4's release schedule.

I just don't think this game can really live for 2 more months with no extra content (that will halve the playerbase anyhow but hey). People will just move on at that point.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Didn't they just mention a January update two pages ago?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah but that was all "We are looking into some issues nobody ever cared about and also now that you have done the QA for us will address the balancing issues that we should have addressed before release or a month later at the latest."

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Either they need to fix matchmaking or not that many people are playing any more (or both) on PC because every time I try to play now it takes me a while to find a match whereas just a few months ago it was near instantaneous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Steve Vader posted:

Didn't they just mention a January update two pages ago?

What they mentioned was "we are aware of vague things such as WEAPON BALANCE or VEHICLE BALANCE". It was a statement of acknowledgement, with a nebulous promise to fix some of it, somehow, at some point in the future.

This is something that took two months folks.

• Locked thread