Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sykic posted:

"Check this out."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xKMCqppxqM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

ClonedPickle posted:

It's not the prettiest thing, but yours looks a little extra ugly. What's your texture quality set at?

my shits all at max but maybe i have a mod interfering with it? Because literally no other texture looks bad

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Did a quick check for Hazzard County - you can't head up the road early (invisible wall blocking) but with shaped charges I pulled it off in about 3:25 and I'm not a good driver. Bring charges/a saw and don't gently caress around and it's fairly easy.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Tempest_56 posted:

Did a quick check for Hazzard County - you can't head up the road early (invisible wall blocking) but with shaped charges I pulled it off in about 3:25 and I'm not a good driver. Bring charges/a saw and don't gently caress around and it's fairly easy.

Agreed-with the caveat that some road arrangements are simpler and faster than others. Also beware of barrier fragments hanging onto your car and blocking your view.

Probably 18 goats on DV- adjusting day 2 will be tricky. More turrets at the beginning, definitely. Probably a different delivery mechanism for the goats, too...

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Discendo Vox posted:

Agreed-with the caveat that some road arrangements are simpler and faster than others. Also beware of barrier fragments hanging onto your car and blocking your view.

Probably 18 goats on DV- adjusting day 2 will be tricky. More turrets at the beginning, definitely. Probably a different delivery mechanism for the goats, too...

Let me contribute this: Break the bridge somehow. The resulting break requires you to jump in your FORKLIFTS

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I've just posted a suggestion on the official forum that drivers should have a hud indicator that tells you how many players are in the vehicle. It's very frustrating to not be able to see the backseat in the longfellow, and overkill knows it's a problem- it's why "everyone get in" is an objective before you can move vehicles in recent heists. Please comment on that if you support it- I need it to rise above the current tide of salt on the official forums for the fat pipe to notice me.

widespread posted:

Let me contribute this: Break the bridge somehow. The resulting break requires you to jump in your FORKLIFTS

Oh, there's absolutely going to be some sort of burning bridge jump- probably ramping over several policecars. It fits there better than it did on Car shop, so I'll probably remove it from that one.

NTS incomplete bridge far end police on other side flames each side of ramp nondamage

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Something's up with the drop system. I've bought the new shotgun but no new mods have dropped at all. I did a daily and tried to get them from there, but the goat simulator dlc doesn't show up as an option there so I couldn't get any new mods for the gun. I tried to my luck by selecting from all mods, but it just gave me a laser mod. It seems the new dlc hasn't been added to the drop list.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Watching my brother playing the Payday 2 dlc for goat simulator, there's one prank called "Put some payday nerds in jail" He came across these DIFFERENT nerds at random

Said nerds carry signs saying "Leave our fictional character's original story alone!" and "No more retcons!" It's like they knew.

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 16, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

BillmasterCozb posted:

Watching my brother playing the Payday 2 dlc for goat simulator, there's one prank called "Put some payday nerds in jail" He came across these DIFFERENT nerds at random

Said nerds carry signs saying "Leave our fictional character's original story alone!" and "No more retcons!" It's like they knew.

Mod to change them to "gently caress /r/paydaytheheist" when

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

not my screenshot but 1 guy went into custody and then 1 guy crashed, rejoined and my teammate saw two of him

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Why am I missing a bunch of guns in my inventory after the update?

How can I fix this?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Klaus88 posted:

Why am I missing a bunch of guns in my inventory after the update?

How can I fix this?

Are they Community items? Sometimes this happens and you just need to restart/rejoin their group.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

This game isn't a massive goatfuck simulator, it's a colossal goatfuck simulator.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Basticle posted:

not my screenshot but 1 guy went into custody and then 1 guy crashed, rejoined and my teammate saw two of him

We had this as well tonight - at one point we had three of the same person hanging around.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Sorry, payday 2, there's a new lover in my life at the moment:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=602495447

I'll return soon- the cipher is pretty simple- but for now, I must bid you adieu~

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
And thus Death Vox came to an end because Vox is a puzzle slut that will move onto making fan fiction for other games when OVERKILL finally said no.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Crabtree posted:

Are they Community items? Sometimes this happens and you just need to restart/rejoin their group.

Nope, missing almost two pages worth of guns. :shepicide:

Welp, let the grind commence.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Did you have any previous save copy that you could go back to? Because worse comes to worse you could just grind/cheat them back.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The secret of Payday is that they're just loving with you. Can I be a getaway driver now, Overkill?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Crabtree posted:

And thus Death Vox came to an end because Vox is a puzzle slut that will move onto making fan fiction for other games when OVERKILL finally said no.

Finishing up Death Vox Election Day is on my schedule today actually. Days 1 and 2 are good, Day 3 still needs work.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Basticle posted:

I can beat that. MAX300 Soda crashed twice and left ghosts both times for me. Also the ammo bag on the right edge of the pic is empty but never disappears :iiam:

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I tried googling for it, but just had a bunch of outdated info.

Which gun has the highest ammo pickup rate?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Special pickup rates, for the most part, no longer exist. The only exceptions are the flamethrower, minigun and any shotgun with custom ammo with have lower than normal pickup, and the RPG which has zero pickup. Otherwise, pickup is 3-4% of a weapon's base ammo. The Buzzsaw has the highest pickup out of any gun because it has the most base ammo of all weapons that have normal pickup.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Special pickup rates, for the most part, no longer exist. The only exceptions are the flamethrower, minigun and any shotgun with custom ammo with have lower than normal pickup, and the RPG which has zero pickup. Otherwise, pickup is 3-4% of a weapon's base ammo. The Buzzsaw has the highest pickup out of any gun because it has the most base ammo of all weapons that have normal pickup.

So basically any gun that has an absurd ammo count and not named the Vulcan Minigun.

Obviously Aced Fully Loaded/Walk-In Closet improves on everything but custom shotgun ammo?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yes. So every LMG has absurd pickup, as does every weapon with lower accuracy because they received inflated ammo counts in the rebalance.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Can't help but feeling like we missed an opportunity, here:

http://i.imgur.com/7t8UjRK.webm

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Screech just sounds like a song out of Sonic Spinball, it weirds me out.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Screech seems...really forgettable at best, personally. I'm not a big fan of either of the new tracks.

...INFRA is really crashy right now. Someone help me solve for G1, G2 and G3 so I can get back to filling my vault.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I'd like to try Deathwish Goats before the month is over, but OVERKILL likely still needs to figure out how to make the level and game a little less like Goat Simulator as far as stability goes these days.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Just want to say that the Steam Goon group is hella awesome and that I've gone up like 20 levels in a couple missions :3:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Crabtree posted:

I'd like to try Deathwish Goats before the month is over, but OVERKILL likely still needs to figure out how to make the level and game a little less like Goat Simulator as far as stability goes these days.

There was an unlabeled patch today that may have gone toward stabilizing things.

General DW Goat tips:

You get the achievement doing this non-pro, so don't do it pro. ...you might need to for difficulty masks, though. Boy am I glad I got that done earlier...
You will need to move 15 goats.
Honduran gangsters are identical to Mendozas. A bunch spawn at the start of each day, plus some beat cops on day 1. They're arguably the most dangerous enemies in the heist- kill them quick.
Helicopter snipers can be shot as they open their door so that they can never open fire.
Keep ahold of your goats- police move them to very nasty positions on these maps.

Day 1:

Clear out the central area, especially the park, as quickly as possible-it has the majority of sniper coverage.
Keep Moving. It's a large map and enemies take time to get around it, and letting them aggregate gets very dangerous. Again, the wide open space of the center of the map is especially dangerous.
Run sets of 4 goats with the car. 1 player moves the car as needed to help the other three secure goats faster.
Everybody needs to run the apartment together-it's too risky to split the group.
Goats that are easy to miss- sleeping goats can spawn a)where Winters sets up, b) in the alley behind the apartment (a couple different places) and at the outer corners of the map. They do actually make sounds, consider muting music.

Day 2:
The initial wave of gangsters is perhaps the most dangerous. Stay mostly indoors until Bain says the cops are arriving. Be aware of the back and side door routes.
The turret should be taken out- but be aware that the trucks it comes with spawn a large number of enemies, and its angle lets it occasionally shoot under some other trucks you would use as cover.
Cage defense: You actually don't want to be on top of the cage- that will make more police path toward it. Instead, be in a position that gives you better cover and oversight of the cage. I don't know what all of these positions would be, but for the road cage position, consider using the short wall near the truck cab. Use both sides of the wall, and the side of the truck, for cover, depending on where enemies are coming from.
Bridge defense: when facing the bridge, our team used the front right corner, with the control room itself as cover. Enemies don't spawn from the direction of the bridge, and you can see enemies pathing up from behind the neighboring fence. Once the door is open, you can shoot up through the window at any police going for the button.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

All the patch did was remove the background thing in the main menu saying that there's a sale on.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It also banned all goons, nobody can even run the game now.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

Day 1:

Run sets of 4 goats with the car. 1 player moves the car as needed to help the other three secure goats faster.

This is a bad idea. Don't have just one person in the car. One taser and the driver's in custody.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

All Lil' Heisters must be this tall to get on the ride:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Discendo Vox posted:

Day 2:
The initial wave of gangsters is perhaps the most dangerous. Stay mostly indoors until Bain says the cops are arriving. Be aware of the back and side door routes.
The second floor of the barn has a door and opposite it a hole in the roof where Hondurans drop from; I kept getting pot shotted from there and took me a bit to figure where the gently caress it was coming from.

/edit: I still have no idea how you guys managed to finish that heist on Deathwish with me on the team. :v:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
OAK: It's unsafe! Wild POKéMON live in tall grass!

:ocelot:
http://i.imgur.com/ry4dO8q.gifv

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Tempest_56 posted:

This is a bad idea. Don't have just one person in the car. One taser and the driver's in custody.

The other three people are near the car- that's the whole point.

Edmond Dantes posted:

The second floor of the barn has a door and opposite it a hole in the roof where Hondurans drop from; I kept getting pot shotted from there and took me a bit to figure where the gently caress it was coming from.

Sorry I wasn't clear- those are player routes. There's a similar roof opening in the side route area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I have no idea what was causing it but firing a short burst from the minigun made my framerate drop from 60 to 40 and holding down the trigger made it get progressively lower until it hit about 15fps :wtc: