Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Enourmo posted:

Reading a bad webcomic is much cooler than watching a bad tv show.

To be super duper fair I'm just as much in the poo poo as him.

I just never made a super multi long now multi year project out of my total and complete implosion into falling into said poo poo.

Mostly because I was there when the pits started filling but you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

AriadneThread posted:

justing posting

all day erry day

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I just encountered the second [????????] option that has you input a password. Judging from the link's number (9000 something), I'm guessing those are relevant much later and you are linked back to them or something?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Ytlaya posted:

I just encountered the second [????????] option that has you input a password. Judging from the link's number (9000 something), I'm guessing those are relevant much later and you are linked back to them or something?

yes

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

What does it say to do if you don't know the password yet?

Don't make a paradox man. We have enough of those

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Ytlaya, if you're using Chrome or a browser that supports Greasemonkey, you'll want the Scrollable Pesterlogs extension. It makes reading pesterlogs much, much less tedious.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/scrollable-pesterlogs/lbclcmplknojkdfplippmdeifbpaibgo?hl=en
http://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/show/134447

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Ytlaya posted:

The ?????? options don't exist for your timeline.

Try again once you've in another timeline.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It's touching to see the thread huddle in the reflected glow of a first-time reader, who has yet to become a cynical husk like the rest of us.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Burkion posted:

What does it say to do if you don't know the password yet?

Don't make a paradox man. We have enough of those

It says WRONG! GO B4CK!!!

Dolash posted:

It's touching to see the thread huddle in the reflected glow of a first-time reader, who has yet to become a cynical husk like the rest of us.

Speak for yourself, muchacho, I love this loving comic just as much as I did in 2011.

Plom Bar fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jan 18, 2016

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I remain a cynical husk the same as when I first read it.

Time has done nothing to dull what I think of Homestuck. Which is mostly to appreciate that it exists and is pretty good and often funny.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004598

SO LEWD

edit: I get the impression that Vriska is attracted to people who are very kind/"pure" (like John/Tavros) to somehow offset her kind of being a bad person.

So far it is my opinion that Terezi is the best troll

vvvvv Going into it I had previous read a couple short stretches in Act 5 where I got a vague feel for the troll personalities + their names but I didn't know what was going on plot-wise.

I'm basing my opinion on Terezi off of her interactions with Dave and her not being a spaz like most of the other trolls I've seen

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jan 18, 2016

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Are you sure this is you're first time reading this because you've been 100% correct about everything so far.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Soon, I will be posting the video. When Ytlaya reaches the right point.

You know the one. The one that gets posted all the time.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Ytlaya posted:

I'd rate Terezi a B Tier Troll.

Oh wait sorry that my Waifu Tier Rating. Carry on then. Best Troll is still Equius

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I am terrified that we are going to accidentally spoil something.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

But how can you spoil something... when it's already bad?!?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It's weird how on one hand I can easily imagine a sort of distinctive "voice" for all these characters, but also can't imagine an actual, out-loud voice for some of them. Like, I have no clue what the gently caress Karkat would sound like. On the other hand it's easy to imagine what someone like Sollux would sound like.

Also I'm not sure what to make of Rose's change in behavior. The sort of obvious thing would be assume that the demons are misleading her in some way and that her listening to them is ironically somehow related to their Bad End (ironic since she thinks she's doing this due to thinking the Bad End is a result of playing normally). It would be an inversion of the expectation to have their advice actually be good, but even if it turns out that it was good advice it would still make Rose kind of a dumbass for blindly listening to them.

I'm now at another flash game where I'm Karkat walking around talking to people, "[S] Past Karkat: Wake up."

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Ytlaya posted:

It's weird how on one hand I can easily imagine a sort of distinctive "voice" for all these characters, but also can't imagine an actual, out-loud voice for some of them. Like, I have no clue what the gently caress Karkat would sound like. On the other hand it's easy to imagine what someone like Sollux would sound like.

Also I'm not sure what to make of Rose's change in behavior. The sort of obvious thing would be assume that the demons are misleading her in some way and that her listening to them is ironically somehow related to their Bad End (ironic since she thinks she's doing this due to thinking the Bad End is a result of playing normally). It would be an inversion of the expectation to have their advice actually be good, but even if it turns out that it was good advice it would still make Rose kind of a dumbass for blindly listening to them.

I'm now at another flash game where I'm Karkat walking around talking to people, "[S] Past Karkat: Wake up."

once youre done talking to everybody hit ctrl+T

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

A lot of people have tried to do fan-dubs for Karkat and nearly all of them are disastrous - he's like twelve, but these kids make him sound like a chain smoker.

Best interpretation I heard is that he sounds like this guy. Unremarkable, kind of reedy, but just keeps going on and on until you're fighting for breath amidst all the outraged verbiage.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Plom Bar posted:

Speak for yourself, muchacho, I love this loving comic just as much as I did in 2011.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Oxxidation posted:

Best interpretation I heard is that he sounds like this guy. Unremarkable, kind of reedy, but just keeps going on and on until you're fighting for breath amidst all the outraged verbiage.

This is correct.

Meanwhile This is a commonly accepted "Dave and John voice" headcanon.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Karkat's voice is the guy who does Rage Quit for Rooster Teeth.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

paradoxGentleman posted:

I am terrified that we are going to accidentally spoil something.

Frigglish kills Zazzerpan

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Plom Bar posted:

It says WRONG! GO B4CK!!!

I love it as much as I did in 2010, what now??

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Ignore that one, Ytlaya, it spoils a couple of cool upcoming surprises.

Terezi is widely acknowledged to be one of the top three trolls, the two others subject to constant debate. Karkat and Kanaya.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

This video will always hold a special place in my heart because for a few months afterwards people in the comments of the Two Best Friends Play videos would refer to Pat and Matt as John and Dave, much to their confusion.

But yeah don't watch until you're mostly done Act 5 Act 2.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I'd rate Terezi a B Tier Troll.

Oh wait sorry that my Waifu Tier Rating. Carry on then. Best Troll is still Equius

One day that list will get posted here, and then the entire forums will close and the internet will end, its purpose having been fulfilled.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Who What Now posted:

Karkat's voice is the guy who does Rage Quit for Rooster Teeth.

Michael? The guy with the jersey accent? If you've heard him outside of ragequit you'd probably rethink that choice.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

look at all these people that didn't click on oxx's link

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sprite141 posted:

Michael? The guy with the jersey accent? If you've heard him outside of ragequit you'd probably rethink that choice.

No I wouldn't. I watch Achievement Hunter stuff all the time every time and it's amazing how dead on Michael would be for Karkat. He could even do emotional Not Blistering Rage Filled Karkat extremely well.

It helps that he is like perpetually 17 into his late 20s.

Also I was not watching the Super Best Friends stuff when I first saw that video so I mostly got a laugh at it- now that I've been watching their stuff it's all the more amazing.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

AriadneThread posted:

look at all these people that didn't click on oxx's link

Oxx's link is a good recommendation and all, but there is something charming about Chain Smoker Karkat. I like to imagine that his throat is permanently sore for all the shouting he does.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Opened the link, saw it was what I thought it would be, nodded, closed the link.

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012
Has the new kid listened to The Baby Is You yet? It's a satirical audio drama made by music team member Toby Fox about then-recent mod decisions about the romantic fanart thread on the MSPA Forums. Quite worth a listen IMO!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I didn't know there was a story behind The Baby Is You! Anyone feel like giving us storytime?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

A cool Homestuck fact: That option wasn't there when many of us read those pages for the first time. Homestuck effing rewrites itself as it moves forward.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Ytlaya posted:

Like, I have no clue what the gently caress Karkat would sound like.

Karkat is Gilbert Gottfried, no contest.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Uhh, sorry dude but goon consensus says gilbert is terezi.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

No, that's Terezi

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think I like Eridan after this conversation: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004705

He may not be a good person, but he is v. funny

edit: hahaha for some reason I knew Dave would like Gamzee

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Sprite141 posted:

Uhh, sorry dude but goon consensus says gilbert is terezi.

Terezi is Gilbert Gottfried on helium, clearly.