Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

10 Beers posted:

Is the guy holding the sandwich supposed to be Michael Strahan?

Yes. Along with Justin Tuck and Ndamukong Suh.

e: New page so I'll post a pic. Hulk #9 (2009)

Ferrule fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

waggles posted:

I have this comic and I have a scanner.

It'd probably spoil the cover for me to know the contents of the issue itself. It is often the case with these out-there Silver Age covers.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

It'd probably spoil the cover for me to know the contents of the issue itself. It is often the case with these out-there Silver Age covers.

Or makes it better, in the case of Superman's New Power.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Or makes it better, in the case of Superman's New Power.

God drat, Superman's new power was so bizarre. Even in the case of Silver Age whackness.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

God drat, Superman's new power was so bizarre. Even in the case of Silver Age whackness.

Wait... are we talking about Flare.... or has there been more powers since then?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kharmakazy posted:

Wait... are we talking about Flare.... or has there been more powers since then?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's a tiny Superman that he shoots out of his hand that has his powers but when it happens Superman no longer has powers.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I know what caused that power.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's a tiny Superman that he shoots out of his hand that has his powers but when it happens Superman no longer has powers.

And didn't Superman get jealous of the tiny Superman and have him killed?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I think it was tiny Supermen, and yes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

While he did get jealous, he didn't have the tiny Superman killed. Instead it sacrificed itself to save him by riding a tiny kryptonite meteor into space.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

While he did get jealous, he didn't have the tiny Superman killed. Instead it sacrificed itself to save him by riding a tiny kryptonite meteor into space.

I hope Superman erected a statue of the tiny Superman in the middle of Metropolis in his memory.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Why the gently caress are you all spoilering a comic book that came out 60 years ago?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
All of this pales in comparison to my all time favorite Silver Age Superman story:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dillbag posted:

Why the gently caress are you all spoilering a comic book that came out 60 years ago?

Because it's that good, and proves that it's possible to live up to a Silver Age DC cover.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I think Grant Morrison pointed to that particular story as proof that his reputation for doing "weird stuff" is completely unfounded, because in his wildest dreams or on his most spectacular drugs he never would have thought up Superman being able to produce tiny Supermen who are better at his job than he is, causing him to suffer a nervous breakdown.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Grant Morrison is more "meta" than just "weird" imo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dillbag posted:

Because someone specifically said they didn't want to be spoiled, and it's not common knowledge.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Regarding that comic we're spoilering, What did Superman call his Stand? "Three Doors Down" was open, I believe.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Nessus posted:

Regarding that comic we're spoilering, What did Superman call his Stand? "Three Doors Down" was open, I believe.

Remy Zero.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

WickedHate posted:

Remy Zero.

Best post of 2016 so far.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

WickedHate has really turned it around this year with two stunning references in as many pages.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Dillbag posted:

Dude, it says right there on the cover to please not reveal the secret. They asked nice and everything.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The secret is that Superman discovered all he had to do was visualise what he wanted to happen, and then the universe would simply make it happen for him.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Play 'spot the character'. I think everyone is there.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Why is everybody heil-ing?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Deadpool is marrying Red Skull.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I don't see US1.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rocket gets to be front and center but Groot's in the back row? Discrimination, I tells ya!

I don't see Falcon anywhere.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
Why are Alpha Flight segregated from the other mutants?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Putting the little guy in front and the big guy in the back just seems courteous.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nightcrawler's an ordained minister? When did that happen?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Man, it's like those big panels from Kingdom Come where you try to identify all the obscure characters.

Bruceski posted:

In the center behind Beast.

e: actually, I haven't followed Deadpool in years, but shouldn't his older established cast (Bob, Agent X and his crew, etc) be there somewhere? Can't find them for the life of me.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jan 18, 2016

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Rocket gets to be front and center but Groot's in the back row? Discrimination, I tells ya!

He's in the middle between Beast and Beta Ray Bill.
I love how Deadpool invited Speedball's cat, but not Speedball.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Kwyndig posted:

Sometime in the mid-2000s, I think?

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Kwyndig posted:

Wasn't he the pope at some point as a part of an incredibly contrived plot?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kwyndig posted:

Even if there wasn't an awful story where this actually happened, it doesn't take but 30 seconds to become an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

djw175 posted:

They made him a priest so they could eventually make him the pope and then cause his normal-person-illusion-thingy fail in front of everyone, which along with communion wafers rigged to disintegrate people they hoped would cause people to believe the rapture had begun.

The rapture not being apart of Catholic belief was apparently not an issue.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jan 18, 2016

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

djw175 posted:

^:argh:

A bunch of evil dudes tried to get him elected as pope so they could turn off his image inducer while he was popeing and kick start the rapture or someshit.

It also involved exploding communion wafers.

VV There was another story where his whole priest training g and ordination was a hypnotic false memory.

He descovers it when he is sat at a table and just let's everyone know "Well, I've given up being a priest and renounced the whole thing." - Casual as poo poo - and everyone else is shocked that he was a priest in the first place.

I seem to recall that it was all written by the same idiot who did his "Draco" storyline that everyone hates and ignores.

KayTee fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jan 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I thought he was never actually ordained in that story, or has since left the priesthood. But he could have just gotten Internet ordained so he could perform weddings.