Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cosima posted:

What's not to get? It's about having complete control over a partner that is completely dependant on you. My guess is that all feeders are deeply insecure at a minimum.

I suspect it's a similar thing for bug chasers. "If I have herpes too, that means you'll have sex with me whenever!" :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

cyberia posted:

It's lazy.

If a man took decent-quality portrait photos and he had unkempt stubble on his face it would also look lazy and gross. If he had styled Hollywood stubble and it was obviously intentional and not just something that had been overlooked by the photographer / model / stylist it would be fine.

Likewise, if the girl in this photo had long armpit hair that was groomed in some manner and obviously there intentionally it would be fine (albeit not to my personal taste) but by having that bit of stubble she just looks slovenly.

Goddamn, some fuckers can't read a thread title for poo poo.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

BjornOfBorg posted:

Growing a beard but shaving your moustache is seriously the dumbest look ever.

The Taliban agree.

I was listening to the Serial podcast about the kidnapping of Bo Bergdahl, and he mentions how the Taliban would shave his mustache because they thought a beard without a mustache looked dumb as gently caress. This was to humiliate him.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Non Serviam posted:

The Taliban agree.

I was listening to the Serial podcast about the kidnapping of Bo Bergdahl, and he mentions how the Taliban would shave his mustache because they thought a beard without a mustache looked dumb as gently caress. This was to humiliate him.

It's just a universal fact :science:

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
eta: Never mind, my mistake.

bean_shadow has a new favorite as of 15:31 on Jan 18, 2016

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

cyberia posted:

Likewise, if the girl in this photo had long armpit hair that was groomed in some manner and obviously there intentionally it would be fine (albeit not to my personal taste) but by having that bit of stubble she just looks slovenly.

Thank you for telling us your personal taste in women's armpit hair. We were all dying to know.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Iron Crowned posted:

I suspect it's a similar thing for bug chasers. "If I have herpes too, that means you'll have sex with me whenever!" :downs:

I'm not so sure. My impression was that Pos culture (yikes) was a result of the trauma of the AIDS genocide in the 80s and 90s. I know some older men who survived thanks to antivirals and describe feeling bad for living when all of their friends could not, which sounds bizarre but is actually a fairly common thing that people feel when they survive a huge tragedy. Anyways I can't speculate about Pos culture now, it seems to have evolved into something truly hosed.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

kizudarake posted:

Goddamn, some fuckers can't read a thread title for poo poo.

Seriously. For shame, cash crab :(

e: for some awkward, have this very amusing story The Saddest Rhino wrote a few years ago about an insane person he knew in college.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/76780402/Something-Awful-Henriette-Saga?secret_password=h3jrq5kg3tx97rrsipe

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 17:37 on Jan 18, 2016

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Mans posted:

First Time Growing Out a Beard (4 Months)

Is his head on upside down :confused:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

e: for some awkward, have this very amusing story The Saddest Rhino wrote a few years ago about an insane person he knew in college.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/76780402/Something-Awful-Henriette-Saga?secret_password=h3jrq5kg3tx97rrsipe

I get a message saying I don't have access to the article.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Oh, damnit. I've had it bookmarked for the last 3 years and it works for me so I can't fathom how to fix it. How about the TLO roll call instead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y3NQi_RAY

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

This man is 6 billion times cooler than everyone in the pyf thread of teh Augmans

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

I didnt know YOU posted here gahaha

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Dongicus posted:

This man is 6 billion times cooler than everyone in the pyf thread of teh Augmans

6 billion x 0 is still 0
:smug:

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Seriously. For shame, cash crab :(

I was referring to cyberia.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

For shame, cyberia :(

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
The subjects are pretty AUG, but I'm amazed by other things in recent photos.

This photo is amazing. If it wasn't planned, it was certainly artistic fate. Cabinets like those must only exist so that AUG has a perfect place to be photographed.

Mans posted:

First Time Growing Out a Beard (4 Months)

That shirt is loving worse than the beard. The beard is only an accessory to that shirt. The beard is only the icing on the awkward cake. The beard is merely the mast on the SS Ugly Shirt. The beard is like unto a fedora which the Horrible Shirt wears, and is as a fedora upon the brow of a brony.

This picture is a masterpiece.

Filox has a new favorite as of 20:05 on Jan 18, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Filox posted:

This photo is amazing. If it wasn't planned, it was certainly artistic fate. Cabinets like those must only exist so that AUG has a perfect place to be photographed.

Based on how small and multi function the kitchen is, I'd figure it was a trailer/mobile home. There's a tiny stove and a washing machine in there.

Lights Camera Jackson is probably the best known kid critic. Mostly he's known for being the last person to be excited about a new Shrek movie, but is generally unoffensive is a bit annoying but that's more youthful exuberance over something he loves.

But then he posts this

Jesus loving Christ, what made him think that was a fine thing to say? "Hey everyone, Amy Schumer is a big whore" is not going to win you any friends in this day and age.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

twistedmentat posted:

Lights Camera Jackson is probably the best known kid critic. Mostly he's known for being the last person to be excited about a new Shrek movie, but is generally unoffensive is a bit annoying but that's more youthful exuberance over something he loves.

But then he posts this

Jesus loving Christ, what made him think that was a fine thing to say? "Hey everyone, Amy Schumer is a big whore" is not going to win you any friends in this day and age.

Well he sure looks like a nerdy loving twerp. Like "haha I'm going to say something ~RACY~ and ~EDGY~ on Twitter tonight! That'll show 'em I'm almost a MAN!"

Also, the thing that convinced him it was a fine thing to say is the Internet at large and its feelings about women, oh wait I mean "females."

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Well he sure looks like a nerdy loving twerp. Like "haha I'm going to say something ~RACY~ and ~EDGY~ on Twitter tonight! That'll show 'em I'm almost a MAN!"

Also, the thing that convinced him it was a fine thing to say is the Internet at large and its feelings about women, oh wait I mean "females."

You're a mad lil buttbaby

Kitsch!
Jul 27, 2006

God made Adam and Eve, not Fluffy and Eve.

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Well, that was quick.

https://twitter.com/LCJReviews/status/689150677801541632

Never heard of this guy before these posts; I assumed he was 14-15 years old.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Who takes movie advice from a child?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Dongicus posted:

I dunno, I think that tweet is awkward ugly and/or gross. Good on him for apologizing, though. :3:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

JoelJoel posted:

Who takes movie advice from a child?

Other children. Oh and manchildren.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Dongicus posted:

And you're probably the most uninspired troll on the forum.

Anyway,

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Scathach posted:

Anyway,

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhbhh!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:catstare:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cosima posted:

I'm not so sure. My impression was that Pos culture (yikes) was a result of the trauma of the AIDS genocide in the 80s and 90s. I know some older men who survived thanks to antivirals and describe feeling bad for living when all of their friends could not, which sounds bizarre but is actually a fairly common thing that people feel when they survive a huge tragedy. Anyways I can't speculate about Pos culture now, it seems to have evolved into something truly hosed.

Bugchasers are what you get when you raise a kid in an environment where he's repeatedly told that gay people are all disgusting and disease ridden, and then that kid later turns out to be gay.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Scathach posted:

Anyway,

WHAT THE gently caress

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

This person looks way too much like Ricky Gervais for me to be comfortable with the picture.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Every time I see a septum piercing all I can think is "mooooooo" which is even better when you see it on someone gigantic

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Kitsch! posted:

Well, that was quick.

https://twitter.com/LCJReviews/status/689150677801541632

Never heard of this guy before these posts; I assumed he was 14-15 years old.

This response from Schumer was probably responsible for that

Scathach posted:

Anyway,

AAAAAH!!! What the fuuuuuckkk???? It looks like something from a low budget horror movie about living toys.

twistedmentat has a new favorite as of 23:43 on Jan 18, 2016

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Sorry about the lapse in judgement, pals. I will be good now!

Anyway, in way of apology, here is some content.

Please note how ridiculously tiny Amy Schumer's mouth is. I want to see her try to eat sushi.

WHERE CHINS

eeep

e: Also, I forgot to mention, but that tooth thing is the scariest loving thing I've ever seen.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I thought the teeth teddies were cute little things until I read the description.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
I thought it was something out of a late 90s marketing campaign

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

This response from Schumer was probably responsible for that

That's just depressing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

EmmyOk posted:

I thought the teeth teddies were cute little things until I read the description.

Even if those were fake teeth they'd still be terrifying.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

cash crab posted:

Please note how ridiculously tiny Amy Schumer's mouth is. I want to see her try to eat sushi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj4-E5Hs3Kc

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Scathach posted:

Anyway,

Oh god, they're like the hillbilly cousin of that evil little living doll in "Trilogy of Terror".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Kay Kessler posted:

Yeah, pretty sure this is a joke.

let goons get indignant about anime pedophiles, it'll make their heads explode if they realize that those people have a modicum of self-awareness

• Locked thread