Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

skystream92 posted:

Finally done traveling and can get in on this.

Even though there is a massive wait for Mushin. How many goons are on Old Man Cho?

Quite a few but we're not really organized yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

Got home late and tried to get on. Only 4 people in queue for Mushin. Got in pretty much instantly. Not sure if they did something or just good timing.

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007

Presteign posted:

Got home late and tried to get on. Only 4 people in queue for Mushin. Got in pretty much instantly. Not sure if they did something or just good timing.

Yeah I got in fine at this time of night, more worried about during peak times :P.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

nopantsjack posted:

gonna try this out when f2p access launches. Sounds like the goon servers are being hammered, is it the same on EU?

kungfu master sounds fun, hows the character creation? We talking Aion/Black Desert or FFARR/WoW?

The queues are much more reasonable on Windrest(EU), next to no wait earlier in the day and about 1.5h at 20:00 GMT yesterday.

Edit: that's without premium

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jan 18, 2016

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

Correct, the way the loot system works, people bid al la auction style on items they want. When someone wins, it splits the money they bid on the item between the rest of the group. Makes it fun to do dungeons especially when I don't want anything, just to take other people's money and drive prices up. I usually can make 10-15s per dungeon doing this in the earliest dungeons, and I'm sure it gets better from there.

It's quite satisfying when a weapon someone needs for the breakthrough on their Hongmoon weapon drops, and you make them pay ten times what they would have had to pay otherwise. They get VERY mad, especially because they KNOW you don't need it, you're just loving them.

If I want to do any sort of real leveling with the Radiant Ring, I'll probably have to pull up a lot of money through this way. I've totally underestimated how much those Simple Refiners cost, despite having being a pot maker in the betas (though more focused on making a lot of meat buns).

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
So, I've been doing the first 6 man, the one at lv 20.

That last boss is certainly a thing. :gibs:

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
We all know the real endgame is costume grind, right?

trem
Sep 17, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

I've been playing solo on Old Man Cho, mostly to try out classes and pick one to level first. Think I landed on Blade Master.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there a write-up on professions you guys can recommend?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

fadam posted:

Is there a write-up on professions you guys can recommend?

Yeah, in the OP.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Are costumes like a single item that changes your whole look, or do you have multiple slots?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Are costumes like a single item that changes your whole look, or do you have multiple slots?

Single item and don't affect stats.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

skystream92 posted:

Finally done traveling and can get in on this.

Even though there is a massive wait for Mushin. How many goons are on Old Man Cho?

I've got my horrible mutant of a KFM on Old Man Cho. Got him to 10 last night. I was also considering making a Force Master for a hot minute, but I think I'll stick with KFM for now and roll Warlock when it finally comes out.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

At what time is the game going to be available for us plebs tomorrow?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
KFM just doesn't "Click" for me. I think my timing is all off on it. Which is funny because BM requires pretty good timing too yet it clicked fine.

I can't string together sick combos on BM (yet) that I can on my assassin though. Assassin really gets some really sick synergies early on, but they weren't kidding in that you have to really set things up positioningwise or you'll get your rear end kicked. Especially with packs.

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007

DeathSandwich posted:

I've got my horrible mutant of a KFM on Old Man Cho. Got him to 10 last night. I was also considering making a Force Master for a hot minute, but I think I'll stick with KFM for now and roll Warlock when it finally comes out.

I'm a FM on Old Man Cho. Tried to log into Mushin this morning at 9AM PST and the queue is already up to 40 minutes. Can't imagine later tonight.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished downloading Blade & Soul this morning, so I am ready to go when the game goes public tonight. Was expecting the download to be like 40GB, but it was actually really small.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Classes that are fun to pvp against:

Blade master
Blade dancer
Kung fu master

Classes that are not fun to pvp against:

The rest of them

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Rhymenoserous posted:

KFM just doesn't "Click" for me. I think my timing is all off on it. Which is funny because BM requires pretty good timing too yet it clicked fine.

I can't string together sick combos on BM (yet) that I can on my assassin though. Assassin really gets some really sick synergies early on, but they weren't kidding in that you have to really set things up positioningwise or you'll get your rear end kicked. Especially with packs.

I'm not 20 on Assassin yet but yeah this one might be too complicated for me based on the PvE I've done so far :downs:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Rhymenoserous posted:

KFM is a weird bird. You need to have a really good ping because most of your moves rely on countering people, but you also have to play reactively, not proactively. It's an interesting class that's tough for me to fight as Destroyer since many of my big damage abilities the KFM can easily counter. If he messes up though I can knock off a huge chunk of his HP. I really didn't like the way that KFM played either for this reason, I prefer the all out assault and offensive chaos that is the Destroyer.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

I'm not 20 on Assassin yet but yeah this one might be too complicated for me based on the PvE I've done so far :downs:

Assassin is really simple:

Your goal: Be in stealth and do the RBF (4) combo, just alternating between right click and F

How you achieve this:

Use 1 to charge the enemies back, you can do this either by moving around, using tab or backing away while stealthed (they won't turn for about a second)
Poison them then use 1 in stealth
Trait 3 in stealth to return you to stealth
Dodge an attack with 2 or Q
Use tab while unstealthed on a poisoned enemy

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Stormgale posted:

Your goal: Be in stealth and do the RBF (4) combo, just alternating between right click and F

How you achieve this:

Use 1 to charge the enemies back, you can do this either by moving around, using tab or backing away while stealthed (they won't turn for about a second)

If I can't get behind things I'll pull with the throwing star, use the tree doohicky, backstab, drop a mine and blow it up, tab to stomp on their heads and by then my tree thing should be back up. Bear in mind I'm only like level 12 so most of the neat poo poo isn't unlocked yet.

Basically if I do it right I never take any damage. But if I gently caress up I gently caress up big.

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Should we organize something on Old Man Cho? I just started so no idea how to start up a guild, but if there isn't one by the time I figure it out I can start one up.

Especially since I'm guessing those goons without premium accounts will have pretty much 0 chance getting on Mushin due to priority queues.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

How long before they wise up and add an afk time out? Place your bets now.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Aphrodite posted:

Body slot for the main outfit, and head slots for hair/hats and masks.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Anoia posted:

I guess the lack of AFK timers is a deliberate thing generally, because it seems like kMMOs in general don't have them, and some kMMOs even deliberately encourage people to idle in town all day. I don't know what's up with that, I'm sure there's some reason for it though.

Subjunctive posted:

They've said they're working on adding one.

I know, I was just talking in general, and as to probably why the game didn't even come with one built in.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jan 18, 2016

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I guess the lack of AFK timers is a deliberate thing

They've said they're working on adding one.

Rokkinhobo
Nov 4, 2005

Sweet mother of adventure!
So, is the goon guild on Mushin full? If not who do we go about messaging to get in?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Stormgale posted:

How you achieve this:

I assumed this required points in RMB so I did and uh wtf that's a lot of damage :stare:

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
Middle of the day on a weekday queue on mushin in 799 premium members. holy gently caress.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

4outof5 posted:

Middle of the day on a weekday queue on mushin in 799 premium members. holy gently caress.

It's a holiday in the US, but yeah, this is a pretty lovely deal.

I mean, I know it'll die down eventually, but that will also probably mark the ebb of people's interest in this game, which is a bummer. It's fun to play but dealing with all of this bullshit is wearing away at my desire to go through the hassle of logging in.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Never log out

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Or you could just roll a guy on another server.

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007

VanillaGorilla posted:

It's a holiday in the US, but yeah, this is a pretty lovely deal.

I mean, I know it'll die down eventually, but that will also probably mark the ebb of people's interest in this game, which is a bummer. It's fun to play but dealing with all of this bullshit is wearing away at my desire to go through the hassle of logging in.

Come play on Old Man Cho, no queues at all!

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I dream a dream of smooth MMO launches.

It is a dream that will never come true.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

The funny thing is that, again, much of this could have been avoided by just choosing TWO servers for head start -- one Mushin, one low queue (like Old Man Cho). Ah well, "next" time...

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anoia posted:

You realise adding an AFK timer does literally nothing right? You just run in circles by jamming a key down or have a basic repeating macro of a few random button combos so the game thinks you're still active.

Hell in Blade & Soul you could do all that in a private instance too, so nobody can even write about the evil bad AFKer running in circles in the inn or something.

Need I say... just like Archeage? :v:

Point I'm trying to get across is that if you rolled on Mushin you're hosed for the next few months.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I just got to 20, does the game guide you into proper dungeons or should I just go to the group finder and try things?

Speaking of trying things, only purple ones are proper dungeons, right, or how does that all work?

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
The main story quest leads you past the dungeon. There's a daily by the dungeon that goes into the dungeon itself.

Regarding servers, they should've done a "mega-server" and have been done with it. I mean, there are already channels/instances you can swap around on, the marketplace is by region (IIRC), and open PVP is by "uniform." There is no real need for "servers."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Wait, you loot by bidding? Weird, what's to stop the infernally rich slash goldbuyers from hoarding?

• Locked thread