Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

theflyingorc posted:

but they believe in a society with rules but nobody enforces them

It makes sense, believe me. All you have to do is be bat-poo poo crazy and stockpile dozens of guns and everyone will respect everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

theflyingorc posted:

Sure, whatever, but acting like this is a point against the feds is just goofy. We can't pretend that the argument has ever been "these people need to be cordoned off otherwise they'll go and commit domestic-related crimes in another state."

Err, not that specifically, but yes, part of the point of barricading these loons is to keep them from doing worse poo poo. A la why I keep bringing up their stalking and terrorizing of people in Burns. Plus, if they did take a private plane somewhere, and the Feds were actually watching them (hopefully they were/are, please prove me wrong, reality) then we wouldn't be looking at the possibility of two young girls being kidnapped and then stashed out in the middle of nowhere with no one but the perpetrators actually aware of where they are.

Facts are fuzzy and we don't have solid details, but come on. This is absolutely a point against the FBI if they straight up sat back and let this happen because they couldn't be bothered to even track these shitheads when they kept leaving the refuge and going cross-country.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Santilli's words were that they are now "with their mommy", which I take to mean that Melissa Cooper went to go get their kids. There was also mention of a charter flight to "somewhere the government can't get them", so they may also have skipped the country?

These guys are so inept that "where the government can't get them" could just mean a holiday in somewhere in Canada. Unfortunately they're so inept that it could also mean "literal hole in the ground bunker somewhere in the Alaskan wilderness". I hope those kids get saved.

Perfectly Safe posted:

If you can stand this, there's a bit of a video clip here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3n1s1p_pete-santilli-and-partial-patriots-exploit-scared-little-girls-to-further-agenda_news

There's a volume issue - at about 2.15 the guy starts yelling at the video and...he's much louder than the video.

This is just the kids being hurried out of the house, but there's a woman there who I can only imagine is Melissa.

Voice over aside at least there is a record of these guys committing yet another felony.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Pete and crew are doing a voice show right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5obtfR5Fito

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Some lady in the chat now believes that famous Food Network chef Robert Irvine is hanging out in there. Amazing

e: Grasty's an occultist freemason, associated with Luciferians

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

As a Millennial I posted:

Some lady in the chat now believes that famous Food Network chef Robert Irvine is hanging out in there. Amazing

Wrong kind of guns

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013
oh no... Katy Perry is a *looks at hand* rastafarian?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

When I tuned in they were talking about how "libtards" saying they'll boycott a business "that they've never spent money on" is "economic terrorism".

:shrug:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Deformation of catheter.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

kartikeya posted:

Speaking of not reading posts, I reiterate, stop comparing this to loving Ferguson.

No thanks.

Not everyone is so willing to sit and come up with excuses for state police and the very very serious and important reasons why one state sends the military after protests, and another sends material aid, gives them unlimited access to the media and lets them terrorize a town like they own it for more than two weeks.

Might be right, might be wrong, but if one of the reasons you don't want to move in on Malheur is to not inspire further trouble then I question the thinking behind broadcasting your weeks long intense babying of armed white nutcases with grievances about land management to cities full of people who just protested for matters of life and death and got stomped for it.

I've read every excuse possible for why this is ok but Ferguson isn't, I don't live anywhere near ferguson, I'm not black, and I still understand and don't invalidate anyone's anger about the difference.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

Geostomp posted:

Last I heard, they didn't want to "escalate" the situation by cutting power. Providing generators may or may not be budgeted.

That seems dumb on so many counts. If you're really afraid of OKC 2.0, why let these guys get their message out constantly and rile up their nutter base?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I don't think anyone has said Ferguson isn't ok? Just that the situations are different.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

No thanks.

Not everyone is so willing to sit and come up with excuses for state police and the very very serious and important reasons why one state sends the military after protests, and another sends material aid, gives them unlimited access to the media and lets them terrorize a town like they own it for more than two weeks.

Might be right, might be wrong, but if one of the reasons you don't want to move in on Malheur is to not inspire further trouble then I question the thinking behind broadcasting your weeks long intense babying of armed white nutcases with grievances about land management to cities full of people who just protested for matters of life and death and got stomped for it.

I've read every excuse possible for why this is ok but Ferguson isn't, I don't live anywhere near ferguson, I'm not black, and I still understand and don't invalidate anyone's anger about the difference.

Nah, you misunderstand my objection. Comparing police responses is one thing (I'm pissed about it too), and while yes, yes, local police and the FBI are not the same, that doesn't mean you don't run into the same biases or that the FBI is somehow immune to the sort of things that cause this issue with local PD. I mean, really, this is at the level of total farce by this point, and it's not just the FBI, it's the entire response from law enforcement to the media.

What I was and am objecting to is comparing the Ferguson protests to the Oregon occupation while utterly ignoring the circumstances behind both and how ridiculously lopsided they are, or BLM for that matter, as was brought up earlier in the thread. Both BLM and Ferguson are/were responses to multiple ongoing murders of unarmed black people by police to the point that I have literally lost track of how many we have now, on top of decades of mistreatment at the hands of law enforcement, the severity of which depends on the location in question, but which nevertheless is persistent across the country.

Oregon is about a bunch of people throwing a tantrum because two people in their in-group had to serve out the full legal sentence for an arson, which came at the end of about a decade of these same lovely people harassing BLM employees, threatening them, setting fires, and poaching without any real consequences, and is growing into a general tantrum about 'NUH UH I DON'T WANNA' regarding any kind of government at all.

What's stupid is going 'well Ferguson protesters threw a rock! The militants are less violent!' as if these two are both just legit protests, except obviously Ferguson is worse because they're more violent (which is what tends to be implied) than these gosh darn patriots with their guns.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Is this the goon militia plant?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

kartikeya posted:

This is absolutely a point against the FBI if they straight up sat back and let this happen because they couldn't be bothered to even track these shitheads when they kept leaving the refuge and going cross-country.

If the FBI goes after Sovereign Citizens Congress will yell at them and cut their funding because Fox News will make it a bad thing.

If they string along angry Ahmed so they can prevent an act of terror they get more funding and lots of positive press.

thefluffy316
Mar 6, 2013
Press conference stream is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhyYO67sPW8

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

mugrim posted:

That seems dumb on so many counts. If you're really afraid of OKC 2.0, why let these guys get their message out constantly and rile up their nutter base?

Because I don't think anyone actually has any idea of what to do with these people. It's obvious leaving them alone won't help, and it's also obvious that going in guns ablaze won't end well, either.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

kartikeya posted:

What's stupid is going 'well Ferguson protesters threw a rock! The militants are less violent!' as if these two are both just legit protests, except obviously Ferguson is worse because they're more violent (which is what tends to be implied) than these gosh darn patriots with their guns.

Oh well poo poo. You appear to have picked up my baton from like 2 days ago and I ranted at you for it. Sorry.

Nevermind me!

To no one in particular: I do appreciate the vast differences in situations enough that I wouldn't declare it a one to one or anything BUUUUT there's easily enough obvious and undeniable similarities to be concerned AND enough to (for me at least) understand why anyone who isn't spending their afternoons chewing over this in our amount of detail would say "police in america treat unarmed black people like this, people in america treat armed white people like this".

I understand why someone who IS reading as much as us would say that too, but they'd probably want to tack on a few "of course..."s on the end. But imo, they'd still be fundamentally correct.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 18, 2016

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Oh well poo poo. You appear to have picked up my baton from like 2 days ago and I ranted at you for it. Sorry.

Nevermind me!

To no one in particular: I do appreciate the vast differences in situations enough that I wouldn't declare it a one to one or anything BUUUUT there's easily enough obvious and undeniable differences to be concerned AND enough to (for me at least) understand why anyone who isn't spending their afternoons chewing over this in our amount of detail would say "police in america treat unarmed black people like this, people in america treat armed white people like this".

I understand why someone who IS reading as much as us would say that too, but they'd probably want to tack on a few "of course..."s on the end. But imo, they'd still be fundamentally correct.

No worries! I can see how just looking at that one post could be misinterpreted.

I know this has been said a million times, but this is basically buffering.avi. Also oh noes the poor Hammonds in jail for 14 days.

edit: Hahaha "Have you retained legal counsel?" "Okay bye!"

George Soros must be watching the stream!

kartikeya fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 18, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm not sure how far the powers of elected officals go, but is there any possibility that the inaction of the FBI is being caused by interference from Republicans in Congress? We know they've blocked every attempt for law enforcement to deal with the threat of militias and other armed home grown groups, so could that mean that some fringe republican be going "you're not going to touch those Patriots in Oregon or you're going to find your funding cut so far you'll be riding bikes".

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Opened the stream, immediately heard "fucktardish."

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

mugrim posted:

The worst case is people at the top are letting it fester, making a honeypot - we've seen this before.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

"now these gentlemen have some points, but my point is that I want my public lands"

e: OH poo poo INFORMANT PARANOIA

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

he likes to yell.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

I have no idea how anyone can stand listening to this guy for more than a few minutes without hitting him.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
oh my god

he just said he didn't threaten a woman, he threatened her sign

edit: huh. Pete isn't staying on the reserve, he's at a nearby hotel.

It's weird, he is doing everything he can to play "press" and yet he incites more than anybody there.

"hey, are you a sodomite? let's talk about sodomy?"

theflyingorc fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 18, 2016

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

It's hard to hear, are they telling this lady who has cancer that she has cancer because of the government?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

"do you know why you have cancer?!"

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.
"The government gave you cancer."

These people are awful.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.
doublepost :(

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

"Are you a sodomite??"

Also he's worried these protesters are going to leave bombs.

Edit: lol, environmental terrorists. Yes, the people with signs are the scary ones.

kartikeya fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 18, 2016

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.
Pete isn't threatening - he just yells in people's faces all day every day.

General_Disturbed
Apr 7, 2005

Ride the 8=====D

kartikeya posted:

It's hard to hear, are they telling this lady who has cancer that she has cancer because of the government?

Yes, Cancer is one of those things they're convinced the goverment will give you. There was a guy the other night talking about how the Sheriff would be 'disappeared' once the FBI was done with him because he knew too much. A convenient accident, or given cancer. And that's why the Sheriff should stop working with the FBI.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

kartikeya posted:

"Are you a sodomite??"

Also he's worried these protesters are going to leave bombs.

Edit: lol, environmental terrorists. Yes, the people with signs are the scary ones.

it's super fascinating. the level of pure narcissism is amazing.

like most anti-government people, Pete is primarily upset that nobody takes him as the good guy in all situations

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The people in the ranger station are doing a better job of discouraging press coverage than the FBI is.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

a drive through abortion.

wtf

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

theflyingorc posted:

it's super fascinating. the level of pure narcissism is amazing.

like most anti-government people, Pete is primarily upset that nobody takes him as the good guy in all situations

Although that's only because everyone who doesn't agree with him is paid by George Soros.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

I had to turn it off, partly because I'm trying to do something else while I listen and that's near impossible, and partly because Pete is unbelievably obnoxious.

Looks like we're not the only ones watching, of course:

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/689165512669003777

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

kartikeya posted:

Nah, you misunderstand my objection. Comparing police responses is one thing (I'm pissed about it too), and while yes, yes, local police and the FBI are not the same, that doesn't mean you don't run into the same biases or that the FBI is somehow immune to the sort of things that cause this issue with local PD. I mean, really, this is at the level of total farce by this point, and it's not just the FBI, it's the entire response from law enforcement to the media.

What I was and am objecting to is comparing the Ferguson protests to the Oregon occupation while utterly ignoring the circumstances behind both and how ridiculously lopsided they are, or BLM for that matter, as was brought up earlier in the thread. Both BLM and Ferguson are/were responses to multiple ongoing murders of unarmed black people by police to the point that I have literally lost track of how many we have now, on top of decades of mistreatment at the hands of law enforcement, the severity of which depends on the location in question, but which nevertheless is persistent across the country.

Oregon is about a bunch of people throwing a tantrum because two people in their in-group had to serve out the full legal sentence for an arson, which came at the end of about a decade of these same lovely people harassing BLM employees, threatening them, setting fires, and poaching without any real consequences, and is growing into a general tantrum about 'NUH UH I DON'T WANNA' regarding any kind of government at all.

The state's response to protests should be based on the political content of those protests, that sounds like a great policy position not in violation of the constitution that can't backfire in anyway.

Also the Ferguson protests involved full blown riots that burned/looted/destroyed like half a city block, and involved exchanges of gunfire with police. It was not "they threw a rock" and it was definitely more violent. The police response to Ferguson was pretty hosed up but trying to draw the comparison you are is :psyduck:

• Locked thread