Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Man, spidermod would be so much better without the dumb floating numbers popping up to distract you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

HenryEx posted:

Man, spidermod would be so much better without the dumb floating numbers popping up to distract you.

That's like almost the whole point of spidermod.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
I love spidermod to death BECAUSE of the floating numbers and I wish there was an option to toggle those (and the health bars) on for normal gameplay.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Whoa, epic fetus with tech x and rubber cement is a weird as hell interaction. A dozen tech 1 lasers lance out from the point of impact and reflect everywhere.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I'd like spidermod better if it just had the hp bars and not the numbers.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

HenryEx posted:

:colbert: no

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Those 'dumb floating numbers' are very anime game so I need them in my life.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
drat, what a tease. Got reckless on Caves II on the Lost Daily and survived only because of the Broken Ankh. Too bad the Devil Room had Brimstone and Guppy's Hairball. Was carrying Tammy's Head, too. Would've been a breeze to get through the rest of the challenge, but couldn't pick up any of them because I only had the 3 Soul Hearts.

So annoying.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

jesus christ this run

I'm only on caves 1

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Today's daily is pretty disgusting.

Judas proptosis techx guppy hivemind

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Haha, I thought lost mega-satan was gonna be lots of work, but then on the first run I immediately get 9 lives, then teleport 2.0 (this item is GREAT!) on basement 2, then TWO 5-dice rooms in a row, so 3x basement2, by the end of which I had secured both key-pieces and one devil deal PLUS I am error-rooms on all of them. After that it was just the perfect run, with devil deals on every floor and usually an I Am Error room as well.

That was a relief, cause it was the first run after almost going mad getting BRAINS! done, which was right after an insane amount of runs to do keeper hush.

This game can be extremely rewarding sometimes - the extreme frustration really pays off in the end in a way less teeth-gnashing can't offer.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I finally got Super Bum in a breaking run. I have Dr. Fetus, Glitter Bombs, Cricket's Body, and Bomber Boy, plus Pyromaniac so I don't die instantly when I shoot, so every shot I fire spawns a ton of pick-ups, and it's funny watching Super Bum hoover everything up and then drop stuff on me two at a time.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
Wife got me a Vita for Christmas, so I decided to buy Isaac for the third time. Nothing better to do at work, so why not? Just did Solar System, managed to clear the boss rush and complete the challenge. God bless B.F.F. and a dollar. Shame I didn't get The Bible to make it even faster.

Any official word on releasing by the end of the year the release date Afterbirth on the Vita and PS4?

Ironsolid fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jan 18, 2016

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Vita? Never. I'm sorry for your loss.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Going by my numerous attempts with trying to clear the last two objectives (MS and Lamb) with keeper, the only always viable start is Ipecac+swallowed coin. Everything else is pretty hit and miss.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know if it's confirmation bias or something but since I installed Aferbirth I seem to be getting Synthoil for beating the first boss a heck of a lot.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Aw jiss, all post-its completed! Lucked out with buying a chaos from the shop and scoring a godhead in the boss room. Then it kinda snowballed from there with all sorts of damage ups :v: Now to unlock secrets I guess. Is there anything else besides completing secrets and finding the last few items (mega blast mostly <.<)?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Major Helper posted:

Going by my numerous attempts with trying to clear the last two objectives (MS and Lamb) with keeper, the only always viable start is Ipecac+swallowed coin. Everything else is pretty hit and miss.

Yeah. I struggled more than anything with keeper hush, and what carried me in the end was ipecac+swallowed penny, with a fortuitous Tech X at hush which took his health down faster than any other build I've ever fought him with.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

voltcatfish posted:

Vita? Never. I'm sorry for your loss.

Well that sucks, maybe they realize the game potentially won't run for poo poo on the Vita unlike Gearbox with Borderlands 2 and Re-Logic with Terraria and all of it's music crashing the game everytime the game auto saves.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Ironsolid posted:

Well that sucks, maybe they realize the game potentially won't run for poo poo on the Vita unlike Gearbox with Borderlands 2 and Re-Logic with Terraria and all of it's music crashing the game everytime the game auto saves.

It literally only runs like poo poo because they don't want to optimize. The PC version itself relies entirely on lots of processing power when it really shouldn't.

sagacious
Oct 29, 2012

Ironsolid posted:

Skaw posted:

It literally only runs like poo poo because they don't want to optimize. The PC version itself relies entirely on lots of processing power when it really shouldn't.

Looks like they will release the Afterbirth version for PS4/Xbox One this year according to this quote from his latest blog that he posted one week ago.

When is it coming out?
2016, that’s this year!
Other news for console players who want Afterbirth. We should be done with porting both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 version by the end of next month. Release would be shortly after that. For any other consoles, I can’t promise you anything, but XO and PS4 are between Q1 and Q2 this year.
That’s it for now! Back to work for me.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Keeper runs are so boring. Roll basement 1 until you bomb a swallowed penny out of a pot, then don't gently caress up twice in a row.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
"Keeper runs are so boring"

*posts about how he tailors his keeper runs for maximum boredom*

May i also suggest a hot tip for playing The Lost:
Hold R until the Curse Room next to you has Dead Cat.

sagacious
Oct 29, 2012
Finally beaten Hush on hard mode with the Lost. Now for the Keeper so not looking forward to this.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
If I have the D4 and the glowing hour glass, is it possible to re-roll and then revert that re-roll via the hour glass?

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I finally unlocked the Keeper. Put in the last 50 coins I needed with a crazy Azazel run. Got an early steam sale, was able to get so many damage ups + triple shot + Guppy and Cthulhu transformations that I killed Ultra Greed in about 4 shots

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ironsolid posted:

Wife got me a Vita for Christmas, so I decided to buy Isaac for the third time. Nothing better to do at work, so why not? Just did Solar System, managed to clear the boss rush and complete the challenge. God bless B.F.F. and a dollar. Shame I didn't get The Bible to make it even faster.

Any official word on releasing by the end of the year the release date Afterbirth on the Vita and PS4?

No word from the useless fucks at Nicalis.

Its understandable, they aren't game developers after all.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Don't expect Afterbirth for the Vita. Apparently the way they coded the RNG and special synergies was too inefficient for Vita and WiiU.

sagacious
Oct 29, 2012

Alteisen posted:

Its understandable, they aren't game developers after all.

Actually they updated their blog with more information about the PS4 and Xbox version. hate to repeat myself but here it is one more time for the people who might have missed it.

sagacious posted:

Looks like they will release the Afterbirth version for PS4/Xbox One this year according to this quote from his latest blog that he posted one week ago.

When is it coming out?
2016, that’s this year!
Other news for console players who want Afterbirth. We should be done with porting both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 version by the end of next month. Release would be shortly after that. For any other consoles, I can’t promise you anything, but XO and PS4 are between Q1 and Q2 this year.
That’s it for now! Back to work for me.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Grinding greed mode first floor for the mega blast is just terrible. Definitely not looking towards to trying to grind angel rooms for the sworn protector.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Major Helper posted:

Grinding greed mode first floor for the mega blast is just terrible. Definitely not looking towards to trying to grind angel rooms for the sworn protector.

Use the Krampus trick for Mega. Sworn Protector isn't five times rarer than any other item.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Alteisen posted:

this thread has a real love/hate relationship with this game and its devs

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
mostly hate though lmao

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Seeing a bit of talk on this page about console versions of Afterbirth. Since it isn't coming to Vita but is coming to PS4, I'm going to make a prediction that they forget to make it so that you can't download Afterbirth cloud saves on the Vita version, causing a number of people to accidentally corrupt their save files or something.

sagacious
Oct 29, 2012

13/f/cali posted:

Seeing a bit of talk on this page about console versions of Afterbirth. Since it isn't coming to Vita but is coming to PS4, I'm going to make a prediction that they forget to make it so that you can't download Afterbirth cloud saves on the Vita version, causing a number of people to accidentally corrupt their save files or something.

And even if you could do that. How big is the chance it will mess with your save files anyway?

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006
Not to be confused with endash or minus.

IronicDongz posted:

the whole playerbase does

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

IronicDongz posted:

Love the game, hate Nicalis. Seems fair enough.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

It is a good game despite the best efforts of everyone involved

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

This thread got hilariously mad about the existence of super hard characters instead of just not playing them. Nearly as funny as the stopwatch meltdowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Why is any negative reaction to a thing here nowadays called a "meltdown" anyway? All I remember were some hyperbolic posts over those things (it's the Internet after all, we like our colorful language). It's such an overused, idiotic term. Well, there's that one dude that does legit seem to hate Nicalis like it killed his family, I'll give you that.

Anyway, Nicalis made a good game, balanced it badly, supported it well on the content side and quite badly on the developmental one. Nowadays I just reroll for a damage up on the first floor because enemy health got bloated as gently caress.