Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
The funny part is, CPS' general attitude is "oh my god can you please stop obviously abusing your kids so we don't have to gently caress around trying to find a place for them to live?"

And I can just imagine the judge, even more thrilled as usual when the deadbeat parents start complaining about this actually being an admiralty court when he is just trying to find out if they have plumbing in their house yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Please everyone, remember we aren't supposed to call the very nice men with guns names. They're special creatures who may do more crimes if they feel put upon and therefore have discovered the prime paradox upon which justice is based. We feel its better for everyone involved if we just leave them alone while they do cross country tours explaining how to franchise this operation to various Alex Jones subscribers.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

theflyingorc posted:

none of the crimes we know these guys have committed are worth being killed for, thinking otherwise should seriously make you consider if you have a deep personal issue

Correct, they should simply be arrested. If they resist with lethal force, that's worth being killed for.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

theflyingorc posted:

yeah, sure, you didn't know what I was saying

none of the crimes we know these guys have committed are worth being killed for, thinking otherwise should seriously make you consider if you have a deep personal issue

Generally the thing with terrorists is they don't like getting taken alive so they end up dying in the whole "attempting to arrest process".

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

theflyingorc posted:

Treason is a capital offense.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

SedanChair posted:

The funny part is, CPS' general attitude is "oh my god can you please stop obviously abusing your kids so we don't have to gently caress around trying to find a place for them to live?"

And I can just imagine the judge, even more thrilled as usual when the deadbeat parents start complaining about this actually being an admiralty court when he is just trying to find out if they have plumbing in their house yet.

"The word 'plumbing' appears no where in the constitution. We will no "stand under" your authority to install surveillance piping in our home so that you can sneak surveillance rats up them to watch up as we go about our god given right to beat the loving poo poo out of our progeny!"

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Oh so they're full-blown, chemtrail-caliber "the government gives people cancer" crazy.

At first this was a "LOL they didn't pack food or clothes" comedy show but it's gradually getting less and less amusing. That birdhouse is turning into a right-wing conspiracist petri dish, and sooner or later someone's gonna snap purely out of imaginary paranoid delusions encouraged and instigated by everyone else there.

Isn't this stuff just what Alex Jones talks about, like, every day?

I was around a radio playing Alex Jones and he said he talked to a billionaire who is leaving the country because it's going to collapse in "3-5 years" and told Jones that he would become very popular.

Pretty sure Alex Jones becoming very popular right before the country collapses would not be a coincidence.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

As a Millennial I posted:

This guy's facebook is the best

Hahahaha woooow.

You know, the best part would be if the FBI were actually spying on them through the webcam of that computer they keep using in the refuge. But I mean, it's not like they aren't filming all of their exploits themselves and uploading them to Youtube or Facebook.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Malleum posted:

Treason is a capital offense.

lol what foreign entity did they conspire with, again?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I can't believe I haven't been watching this guy's videos

In this one he boasts of the good things they've accomplished, exposing corruption. His big bombshell? 1.2 million dollars was spent on a program to count a frog, which they discovered "on a paper laying around here"

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

theflyingorc posted:

lol what foreign entity did they conspire with, again?

Levying war against the United States doesn't require a conspiracy with a foreign entity.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

theflyingorc posted:

None of them are worth being executed over, but they should be arrested, a point on which we all agree. But if they resist arrest by pointing their guns at the cops? That is a crime people die over all the time and most people seem to agree that this is A-OK. Pulling your gun on an officer that is trying to arrest you is usually seen as something completely worthy of being shot for, unless all of the police defenders want to suddenly flip flop now that the potential targets are white conservatives.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Malleum posted:

Levying war against the United States doesn't require a conspiracy with a foreign entity.

you're looking for sedition if anything. while they would LIKE to wage war against the US, they're pretty clearly not capable of doing anything worth calling war

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

theflyingorc posted:

Guess we'd better not arrest anyone ever for fear they have a weapon the police don't know about and could start violence that could get the person being arrested killed.

'Not everyone has guns' Okay we just don't arrest people with guns, and then people will keep guns around them all the time because it actually does make them effectively above the law.

'Or we wait until they don't have the gun' They won't just put it away to do [anything] because see above.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

In this one he boasts of the good things they've accomplished, exposing corruption. His big bombshell? 1.2 million dollars was spent on a program to count a frog, which they discovered "on a paper laying around here"

I really hate it when stupid people poo poo on science. :(

It's just like that "government waste" report put out by Cruz (or whoever) a few weeks ago that, once again, tried to take the dumbest interpretation of a study to make it seem useless. Their favorite target is always something like fruit fly studies or other biological studies where at some point they have to figure out how to get animals to do things they want so that they can then study important things like cancer progression or birth defects.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Yeah who would ever need to count frogs at a god drat bird sanctuary

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Environmental monitoring of any sort is not just wasteful to them any more, it's now actually corruption. OK.

Someone ship them a barrel of Flint water.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

ToastyPotato posted:

None of them are worth being executed over, but they should be arrested, a point on which we all agree. But if they resist arrest by pointing their guns at the cops? That is a crime people die over all the time and most people seem to agree that this is A-OK. Pulling your gun on an officer that is trying to arrest you is usually seen as something completely worthy of being shot for, unless all of the police defenders want to suddenly flip flop now that the potential targets are white conservatives.

Actually, i'm critical of any time an officer goes into a situation that will obviously cause shooting if nobody is currently endangered. In fact, in many cases (such as the Michael Brown shooting), I would like the officer to get in trouble for not de-escalating! Not shooting people should be the first consideration for police, followed by arrest

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Okay, so here's the video where he first talks about CPS. He starts off saying that CPS kidnapped his kids, then immediately says his brother-in-law has them, but CPS is threatening to take them. Maybe somebody who has more experience with lovely parents can explain that.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Adenoid Dan posted:

Environmental monitoring of any sort is not just wasteful to them any more, it's now actually corruption. OK.

I'd settle for blaring Celine Dion music at them all day.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

ToastyPotato posted:

Why not? I mean we've got people who call it murder when the police are attacked attempting to stop a crime because it was their duty to deescalate the situation now calling for a blood bath because the potential targets are white conservatives.

If anything this thread has been really interesting to see who has been arguing in good faith and who just wants the police violence to be in support of their team.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
A pillar of nonviolence is not escalating or resorting to violence when provoked. They used to have to train people to sit there and take it during the civil rights movement.

In the case of furgeson, I think that violence was an appropriate response.

Part of the modern psyop is exclusively equating "nonviolence" with the good. That neuters us, because things we agree with and are good are nonviolent. And anything with a whiff of violence, even if we agree with it is bad.

It's time for revolution.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
I don't understand why a rancher of all people would want to live in an unregulated industrial hellscape.

furiouskoala
Aug 4, 2007

Okay, so here's the video where he first talks about CPS. He starts off saying that CPS kidnapped his kids, then immediately says his brother-in-law has them, but CPS is threatening to take them. Maybe somebody who has more experience with lovely parents can explain that.

Anything said by a person who is having problems with CPS can't be taken at face value. Without someone other than him to comment on it, there is no way to get reliable information.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

theflyingorc posted:

you're looking for sedition if anything. while they would LIKE to wage war against the US, they're pretty clearly not capable of doing anything worth calling war

John Brown was hanged for treason despite not having the ability to start or maintain an armed insurrection. Ability has nothing to do with whether or not a traitor is a traitor.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Adenoid Dan posted:

In this case, it's corruption because they saw the word "volunteer" somewhere on the "piece of paper [they] found lying around," and aren't volunteers free? Then, where's the money? I am not exaggerating any of this.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

Actually, i'm critical of any time an officer goes into a situation that will obviously cause shooting if nobody is currently endangered. In fact, in many cases (such as the Michael Brown shooting), I would like the officer to get in trouble for not de-escalating! Not shooting people should be the first consideration for police, followed by arrest

Well you're in luck! The obvious and pretty normal course of action here would be to ask that they drop their weapons and turn themselves in within an given time frame. If they refuse, then it is not the police that are escalating anything, but rather, the armed criminals who are choosing violence. Anything that happens after that is their fault.

Jarmak posted:

Why not? I mean we've got people who call it murder when the police are attacked attempting to stop a crime because it was their duty to deescalate the situation now calling for a blood bath because the potential targets are white conservatives.

If anything this thread has been really interesting to see who has been arguing in good faith and who just wants the police violence to be in support of their team.

The issue with a lot of the police shootings that you and orc seem to be referring to is that many police officers do not give people enough time to respond, or, if they do, they respond to unarmed individuals with mag dumps. That is very different than a group of criminals threatening to shoot any cops that attempt to stop them. But I am sure you know that though, but are purposefully neglecting that bit.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jan 18, 2016

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Adenoid Dan posted:

I don't understand why a rancher of all people would want to live in an unregulated industrial hellscape.

I'm starting to get the impression that these folk aren't the brightest cowpokes at the ranch.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

Yeah, I don't understand this. All joking aside I'm genuinely unhappy about anyone involved getting killed. I don't actually like the idea of people dying on either side. But there is a massive difference between law enforcement killing someone unarmed and in many cases unresisting and law enforcement killing someone actively shooting at them. I don't want an active shootout but you know what? There's a line and it was crossed a while back with these assholes. They are actively endangering people, children included (even before this apparent kidnapping), and it is the explicit job of law enforcement to protect and serve. That means protecting the criminals they're arresting if they can, but it also means protecting the non-criminals being threatened by criminal actions, and right now they aren't doing that, and this is making people angry. In the meantime, these guys are doing whatever the hell they want without anyone interfering and it's only getting more dangerous.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Crain posted:

I really hate it when stupid people poo poo on science. :(

It's just like that "government waste" report put out by Cruz (or whoever) a few weeks ago that, once again, tried to take the dumbest interpretation of a study to make it seem useless. Their favorite target is always something like fruit fly studies or other biological studies where at some point they have to figure out how to get animals to do things they want so that they can then study important things like cancer progression or birth defects.

Same here. Republicans want to look good to crazy people, so the slash any research they can so they can claim that they saved a few bucks. Guys like Cruz doing it piss me off than these guys because he's got to be at least smart enough to know that it's complete crap. These idiots are too crazy and/or stupid to understand the idea at all. If they can't fathom that their imaginary laws don't allow them to say a magic word and get millions of dollars, there's no way they'll comprehend that biological studies in a wildlife preserve may serve a purpose.

Adenoid Dan posted:

They can't' fathom that using the land for something other than cattle and "freedom" has any value.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Adenoid Dan posted:

The most reasonable and legitimate complaints they have are that the BLM takes a while to respond to their complaints or doesn't do a good enough job of managing the wilderness. Sounds like they need more funding!

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

ToastyPotato posted:

Well you're in luck! The obvious and pretty normal course of action here would be to ask that they drop their weapons and turn themselves in within an given time frame. If they refuse, then it is not the police that are escalating anything, but rather, the armed criminals who are choosing violence. Anything that happens after that is their fault.

The issue with a lot of the police shootings that you and orc seem to be referring to is that many police officers do not give people enough time to respond, or, if they do, they respond to unarmed individuals with mag dumps. That is very different than a group of criminals threatening to shoot any cops that attempt to stop them. But I am sure you know that though, but are purposefully neglecting that bit.

No, I'm not talking about those cases at all and I'm very confident that's not what orc is talking about either. But I am sure you know that though, but are purposely neglecting that bit.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

SedanChair posted:

Isn't being abusive or neglectful enough to have CPS take your children away a pretty high bar to reach? They don't just sweep in on a whim and snatch up kids who aren't in mortal danger because their stepdad wanted to play soldier of fortune for two weeks, right?

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Why is it That people with a fourth Grade education always capitalize Random Words on social Media

stuffed crust punk fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 18, 2016

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Thump! posted:

I'm starting to get the impression that these folk aren't the brightest cowpokes at the ranch.

It's just short cited thinking. Whenever a meme complaining about restrictions on fishing I point out that corporations would make most fish extinct i a few years if they weren't regulated.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Jarmak posted:

No, I'm not talking about those cases at all and I'm very confident that's not what orc is talking about either. But I am sure you know that though, but are purposely neglecting that bit.

You do realize that the police threads still exist right? And that people can read it?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3753690

Don't reference other threads and act like we can't read them. hth

Unless you want to make the insane claim that you totally didn't mean THOSE discussion you were a huge participant in, and that when you were referring to people wanting the police to defuse situations, you totally didn't mean THOSE situations that you spent countless posts defending the cop's actions in.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpdCvuf-ZOk

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Malleum posted:

John Brown was hanged for treason despite not having the ability to start or maintain an armed insurrection. Ability has nothing to do with whether or not a traitor is a traitor.

Treason is a bullshit charge, please don't defend it.

edit: that is, yes I get why treason is prosecuted by the state, and I kind of understand the argument that they are participating in it. But of all the things they have done, you as a person should be least concerned about their disloyalty toward the United States of America.

many johnnys fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 18, 2016

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Isn't being abusive or neglectful enough to have CPS take your children away a pretty high bar to reach? They don't just sweep in on a whim and snatch up kids who aren't in mortal danger because their stepdad wanted to play soldier of fortune for two weeks, right?

Well, we did have an E/N thread here about a goon having his kids taken away by CPS because he blew the family budget on a gaming supercomputer, so we do have case studies right here on SomethingAwful! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

UIApplication posted:

Why is it That people with a fourth Grade education always capitaliza Random Words on social Media

Schizotek posted:

And the capitalization thing people mentioned is just something schizos tend to do even when they aren't babbling about the CIA trying to assassinate them by slipping an empty Monster can underneath their brake pedal. It's "this represents a concept related to but not identical to this words textbook meaning, but I don't have a separate word for what I'm trying to describe so I'll turn it into a proper noun to distinguish that", as opposed to just trying to make it look scary. Normal people do it too but it's practically a schizophrenia trademark.

• Locked thread