Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Today I woke and looked outside again
But the sky looked the same to me
Something told me that this world had changed
Couldn't figure out what did it mean

Some say to get out fast, looks like it's gonna last
Get all your things and fly (DON'T LEAVE NOTHING BEHIND)
Some said it'll be OK, just go ahead and stay
Be sure to drink your iodine

The wind is pushing me, into the clouds again
I feel the blood in my veins
Time is running free, I feel like letting go
Just like the Dangan

Staring out to the hourglass inside
My mind is racing and wild
Blinded by eyes that cover up the facts
Uncertainty with all the cracks in a smile

I'm breathing life or death, are we making progress?
Not really sure this time (THE CHOICE IS YOURS AND MINE)
Not sure what to do next, no real test reflex
Can't touch or see with my own eyes

The wave is pushing me, into the current again
Time is running free, I feel like letting go
Nothing to slow me down
Dragon inside of me, I feel it letting go
I can't hear not a sound
Flying into free, I hit the mother lode
I am the Dangan

The wave is pushing me, into the current again
Diving into free, can feel it letting go
Not gonna hit the ground
The sky is painted free, why can't we understand
We kill ourselves in the end
It's simple as one, two, three, it's written in the sand
We are the Dangan

Flying
Flying
Flying
Flying into free
Flying into free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

i like that your npcs barge into every home and start going mmmmm, what's this, and commence looting and destroying every pot and pan. kind of a nice to see your jrpgs actually looting and ransacking the home of every peasant, instead of just pressing a in front of their cupboards like in chrono trigger and final fantasys

Same lmao.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

rediscover posted:

the way your character is like 'phew that scared the poo poo out of me' and breathing heavy and you can't move for a few seconds is awesome

i like that the animation for your pawn helping you out of stamina is a friendly pat on the back, and also if you idle for too long they'll stare at you and wave their hand in your face to see if you're still there

little touches

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I ran into the Drake at Devilfire Grove and died like 5 times. The wiki claims this is the only Drake outside of the post-game or DLC, so I figure it's here for a freaking reason and it is my duty to savage this thing no matter how many tries it takes. Plus I'm really far from Cassardis and I don't want to walk back

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Playing a single player action RPG with a wiki open for your first time... Come on man.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

Playing a single player action RPG with a wiki open for your first time... Come on man.

I couldn't find the weak spot, and I also wanted to know if it was going to be possible for me to kill before I got mad and turned the game off. But its not

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

the first time I fought that guy it took a whole day of in game time to take him down as mystic knight.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

catching a thief... loving infuriating

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bolverkur posted:

catching a thief... loving infuriating

I found it fairly easy on my new character but I guess he's tiny and fast.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the thief ran directly into me so i just scooped him up like a very dumb criminal baby

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im starting to really hate fighting big enemies even though the climbing is fun, because all the pawns I've used are retarded and stand still and get wrecked by everything and I have to constantly pick them up instead of fight

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
yea my guys die almost constantly when im fighting big enemies. they get up and get 1 shot immediately x100 times per battle its kind of annoying

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

the pawns actually have proclivities for the way they fight, its not at all obvious as far as ive seen and i would recommend reading up on it. like you need to train your pawn to stnad back if hes a caster, but using the d-pad quick commands can screw that up because it also counts as training. you can train your main pawn with the chair of knowledge or some elixers from the guy next to the rift stone in the encampment, but you have to check hired pawns before you grab them

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

They fixed the pawn system

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Azraelle posted:

They fixed the pawn system

Cool I wonder if that infinite level pawn will still show up

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
If they're on your steam friends then probably.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

one of the pawn proclivities is grab all loot to the point of ignoring enemies in the middle of a fight

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
You just want every single pawn scather except I think maybe theres a different one you want on your mage so they heal. In theory there's a lot of useful stuff but in practice scather is just the most active.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In theory that sounds cool to customize your pawn but in practice I'm just going to let them keep being useless because I'm lazy

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i like springboard because you can forcibly launch pawns onto big enemies

old lady who does nothing but heal. go for its eyes *launch*

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Work Friend Keven posted:

If they're on your steam friends then probably.

probably. I thought for sure she was a dev pawn put in there to help you if you couldn't get past something but I don't need it + I'm sure it ruins my xp. Her level is just the infinity symbol tho lol

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Max level is 200 and instead of 200 it has the infinity sign because this game was made in japan.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

[concert hall of thousands of Japanese scientists, mathematicians and physicists watching a 200 by 80 foot LCD screen go from 196, 197, 198 [Audience begins losing there loving minds] 199 [Extremely polite clapping and cheering] [The entire hall goes black]]

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
japanese man thinking about what number comes after 199: what number is it called after 199 dude.
another japanese guy: where does a circle begin

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

while i was thinking of what to post wrt 200 and infinity wormskull already did it and funnier. gently caress this gay earth

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

They were both really funny. Good job guys

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

PRESIDENT OF NISSAN ZAIBATSU: 24 is the biggest number

OL (OFFICE LADY): H... Hai.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Work Friend Keven posted:

You just want every single pawn scather except I think maybe theres a different one you want on your mage so they heal. In theory there's a lot of useful stuff but in practice scather is just the most active.

I;m pretty sure you want scather at all times unless you're making a pure support wizard, in which case you want utilitarian.

Larry Parrish posted:

I ran into the Drake at Devilfire Grove and died like 5 times. The wiki claims this is the only Drake outside of the post-game or DLC, so I figure it's here for a freaking reason and it is my duty to savage this thing no matter how many tries it takes. Plus I'm really far from Cassardis and I don't want to walk back

he's there to gently caress you up when you're least expecting it, and also so you can dragonforge your gear before you get to the postgame

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Lvl 30 is about where you wanna be to beat him.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Wormskull posted:

[concert hall of thousands of Japanese scientists, mathematicians and physicists watching a 200 by 80 foot LCD screen go from 196, 197, 198 [Audience begins losing there loving minds] 199 [Extremely polite clapping and cheering] [The entire hall goes black]]

rediscover posted:

japanese man thinking about what number comes after 199: what number is it called after 199 dude.
another japanese guy: where does a circle begin

Lmao

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

It's how real gamers do it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Lvl 30 is about where you wanna be to beat him.

I'm level 22 and he whipped my rear end in two hits

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

the thief ran directly into me so i just scooped him up like a very dumb criminal baby

he's been so often in my face, i know his route, but my character just always grabs empty air like a goof. thats kramer for you

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm level 22 and he whipped my rear end in two hits

Thats not gonna cut it. I was the same way when I played this on 360, and kept beating my head against him every few levels. You can probably squeeze out a victory at lvl 28-29 if you're lucky, but for now you better hit the gym

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i got pissed off at the lovely sword pawn that i've had since i talked to him on the way to gran soren for the first time and is half my legvel for literally always dying before getting a single attack in so i threw him off a cliff into the ocean. catharsis

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Sword Pawn after falling 1000 feet and breaking every bone in his Body upon impact with the ocean: What a gaffe.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bolverkur posted:

he's been so often in my face, i know his route, but my character just always grabs empty air like a goof. thats kramer for you

If you jump and grab it's a little easier.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Jumping and doing a lot of stuff is actually faster a lot of the time for most things, frankly.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I can't tell if the Strider's dodge roll is faster than sprinting but it doesnt use any stamina and actually your stamina regens while you do it so I roll everywhere mostly now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Well its more like you sprint until stamina is almost gone -> roll until its full again -> repeat for 20 minutes and your on tope of the mountain or wherever your trying to go. Thats my traveling tips for all you players out there

• Locked thread