Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

AncientTV posted:

The only correct thing to do with a Solstice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X5CSxvsZgc
2:21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

In my experience, that guy REALLY loves cocaine.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The sales were also pretty bad. A shame really.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
WTF did I see today? The tounneau roof looked terrible, the badge looked poorly applied. It reminded me of a knockoff of Obama's armored limo

Cadillac XTS XL

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

MetaJew posted:

WTF did I see today? The tounneau roof looked terrible, the badge looked poorly applied. It reminded me of a knockoff of Obama's armored limo

Cadillac XTS XL

http://armbrusterstageway.com/gallery/xts-xl-sedan/

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Thats some crazy camera angle. Surely a Corolla isnt wider?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

loving hell that thing has more leg room in the back seat than my car does in the front.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

fyodor posted:

Guys, don't get me wrong this is loving hilarious.

After showing the neighborhood kids the release handle in an Audi R8, they now insist on trying out the release handles in the frunks of fancy sports cars when I have review cars.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Agreed, but I don't think you'd even get an infant in the trunk of a Solstice.

Not in one piece, certainly.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

MetaJew posted:

Cadillac XTS XL

Did they stomp the gas and cut all the way over to get on the Mopac on ramp? Swear that happens every time at that intersection.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Funniest part is if you look in their gallery section at their limousines.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

drgitlin posted:

After showing the neighborhood kids the release handle in an Audi R8, they now insist on trying out the release handles in the frunks of fancy sports cars when I have review cars.

Honey that strange man who works for the magazine and drives all those loud cars is locking our kid in his trunk.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Friar Zucchini posted:

No trunk space so the luggage rides with me? How gauche.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

fyodor posted:

You don't have a separate car for the bags?

Plebe.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Honey that strange man who works for the magazine and drives all those loud cars is locking our kid in his trunk.

:D I actually refused to let them try it the first couple of cars for that very reason. Made them get permission from their folks before eventually saying yes.

Jaded little buggers didn't even want pictures with the FF because it was a boring color. And for some reason they're not very excited about the new Volt which I'm testing next month.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

You don't have a separate car for the bags?

Plebe.

I find, however, that a man-servant under 5 foot 4 inches will, with some doing, fit quite snugly in the trunk. The sales representative informed me this adds .75 Joules of extra crash absorption!

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Bovril Delight posted:

Did they stomp the gas and cut all the way over to get on the Mopac on ramp? Swear that happens every time at that intersection.

More predictably, they slowly turned into the Domain entrance.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Friar Zucchini posted:

fyodor posted:

To be fair, I don't think you need much luggage space in a funeral shuttle which appears to be what they are gunning for.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Went to the store this morning, saw a thing that happened :killdozer:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Not sure what's worse, the tires that have clearly been driven on while very flat, or hitting that post hard enough to slide up and back down.

That must have made a noise.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say this looney tooned itself by ramping off the parking block there. Just enough bounce up to get it's teeth caught on the post.

Would have been a perfect event to capture on video.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That's not a wild guess, that's rather realistic.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's a rust belt explorer and he backed in there until the front bumper caught on it.

This guy took wrong-side pumping to a whole new level.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

IOwnCalculus posted:

Not sure what's worse, the tires that have clearly been driven on while very flat, or hitting that post hard enough to slide up and back down.

That must have made a noise.

I see that a lot on trucks that street park and use the park by feel method.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

AAA had showed up right as I got to the store and was waiting for the owner, which I thought strange. I talked to a nearby employee (loving the whole thing) who said the car had been there when he got to work early in the AM. Right before I went into the store, a very disheveled and scared looking teenager showed up with his tight-lipped dad to assist the AAA truck in getting the car off.

Judging by my observations I would surmise that babby's first tipsy late-night beer run ended quickly with mixing up the brake and gas as he pulled into the slot, resulting in a spectacular launch off the chock onto the bollard :v:

The Royal Nonesuch fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jan 18, 2016

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008
Not my picture

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
The modifications are some terrible poo poo, but I don't blame that guy for parking like that at all, otherwise his turning radius* would keep him trapped the second anyone parked next to him.

* which is likely only sanely expressed in parsecs or AU.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
This car pretty much wraps back around to awesome again, but ultimately I guess it fits in this thread. Mostly because he chopped the top off a unibody car without any visible bracing. And look at that camber!

What are those, 30" tall?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Biscuit Joiner posted:

Not my picture

There is no way that thing is making turns in any sort of residential area unless it's got a pivoting joint somewhere.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

I want to see him drive somewhere like Seattle, or Vancouver.

That would be a sight. Although I'm pretty impressed it hasn't folded in half, can't imagine much planning went into that project.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

BoostCreep posted:

This car pretty much wraps back around to awesome again, but ultimately I guess it fits in this thread. Mostly because he chopped the top off a unibody car without any visible bracing. And look at that camber!

This makes me mad because whoever did this seems to be exceptionally good at fabrication but then used their powers for evil and squeezed out this turd

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

8ender posted:

This makes me mad because whoever did this seems to be exceptionally good at fabrication but then used their powers for evil and squeezed out this turd

Kind of like Chip Foose.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Rhyno posted:

Kind of like Chip Foose.

He's so bad my therapist knows his name now. What if classic car but RIMZZ?

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 4, 2020

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Extra posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBU0tV_UcUw

and japan continues to be a terrible place

This is 100% the wrong thread?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

fyodor posted:

He's so bad my therapist knows his name now. What if classic car but RIMZZ?

What always gets me about that show is just how much body filler they used on EVERY SINGLE CAR.

As far as terrible things go I saw a brand new paper plates Tesla covered in snow. Who buys an 80k car without having any sort of covered parking.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

veedubfreak posted:

What always gets me about that show is just how much body filler they used on EVERY SINGLE CAR.

As far as terrible things go I saw a brand new paper plates Tesla covered in snow. Who buys an 80k car without having any sort of covered parking.
You buy cool cars to worry about driving em not worry about parking them.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Who gives a poo poo about snow on cars? Cars are waterproof.

Salt. Salt is the car-killer.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Developing Smarter Mechanics.
Since 1989.
https://imgur.com/gallery/uzDq9

Highlights include:

While I am absolutely impressed with the craftsmanship that went into making that, it looks terrible. I also can't imagine trying to keep that thing clean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Just never drive it on gravel or when there's a cloud in the sky and you should be fine. :v: