Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

skystream92 posted:

Come play on Old Man Cho, no queues at all!

I would, but do you guys have a guild set up yet? I need a channel to vent my thoughts about this anime story and boob physics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Wait, you loot by bidding? Weird, what's to stop the infernally rich slash goldbuyers from hoarding?

Nothing, but the amount they bid is split between the rest of the group.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Wait, you loot by bidding? Weird, what's to stop the infernally rich slash goldbuyers from hoarding?

You get paid in the process so just use your winnings to outbid plebs later.

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

Theoretically, nothing. Practically, you force them to spend exorbitant amounts of money and you pick up a percentage of what they dropped. One of the easiest ways of making money is doing dungeon runs and forcing people to pay out the nose.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
They have to play the dungeon over and over and over and over and over and sit there and outbid them.

And yeah like everyone else said you still get money from the bids.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Oh, well then. I thought the cash disappeared into the ether.

I did my first dungeon just now so I kind of still have no real idea what the gently caress I'm doing :shobon:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dang, it ends up costing a shitload to level your jewellery/weapons. Even ignoring the cost of mats, the service fee ends up being way too expensive.

Like, why does it cost 8 silver to eat a level 38 blue ring, but a level 36 purple necklace only costs 20 copper?

fadam fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 18, 2016

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Do you no longer get the masked hongmoon outfit after paying respects to your dead squirrel buddy, or did I miss or forget something?

Edit: Wait never mind, it's a separate quest.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Welp, we somehow managed to beat 6man Blackram Supply Chain (aka the lv45 purple dungeon with Poharan) with 5 people and lovely lv36 weapons. It only took us like 2 hours!

Fun instance, but some of the mechanics don't gently caress around, it's going to be fun with pubbies!

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
Is the guild on old man going to be red too is someone planning to make a guild soon?

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I want to play tomorrow but I doubt the main server will be available so looks like I'm jumping on the Cho train. I'd be very willing to help out with making a guild, if there's any help I could provide. Otherwise I'll just see you folks there in general.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

4outof5 posted:

Is the guild on old man going to be red too is someone planning to make a guild soon?

Do you have to be level 20?
I can make it tomorrow and yes, we would be red.
Not sure how the messaging works but add Slim Goodbody to your friend list.
PM me name suggestions if you want.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Just do the same thing.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Anyone on Old Man Cho that can invite The Vagrant? Tia.

HCross
Jun 17, 2003
College Slice
We've got a red faction guild up on old man cho, send Yurifel or Black Daimyonite a tell for an invite.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

HCross posted:

We've got a red faction guild up on old man cho, send Yurifel or Black Daimyonite a tell for an invite.

I support this plan, as Goontang Forever is a good name.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
Now the crimson guard is full on old man Jesus god drat Christ. This loving game and it's tricks.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Is the guild full on Mushin yet?

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

4outof5 posted:

Now the crimson guard is full on old man Jesus god drat Christ. This loving game and it's tricks.

I don't understand. Do you mean the goon guild on Old Man Cho is already full?

HCross
Jun 17, 2003
College Slice

Getsuya posted:

Your post is kind of confusing. Do you mean the goon guild on Old Man Cho is already full?

no, the red pvp faction, which you have to be to join the guild, can show as full. You're best to just repeatedly talk to the guy, eventually it will let you chose it.

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007

HCross posted:

drat my FM is on blue, is there a way to change factions?

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Rage is the only freedom left me.

skystream92 posted:

drat my FM is on blue, is there a way to change factions?

You can in Jade Village but it takes dat cash. I'm probing for online people to get into the Cho guild when I'm on, so if you see a Rylek request/whisper don't be scared.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Kaddish posted:

Is the guild full on Mushin yet?

Been full for a while, even after upgrading.

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007

Rylek posted:

You can in Jade Village but it takes dat cash. I'm probing for online people to get into the Cho guild when I'm on, so if you see a Rylek request/whisper don't be scared.

Huh, you know where exactly? Can't find someone to do that with.

linall
Feb 1, 2007
Red was full when I joined, it didn't seem to stop me from doing so. Though, if everyone really is on Red it's going to make PVP kind of a pain.

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Rage is the only freedom left me.

skystream92 posted:

Huh, you know where exactly? Can't find someone to do that with.

Its a chick between 2 dudes across from the bank guy above where the crafters are.

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007

Rylek posted:

Its a chick between 2 dudes across from the bank guy above where the crafters are.

Cheers, found her.

Now to get some silver..

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
Why are we picking the libertarian faction and not the democrats?

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Let's just also start a blue guild and give people the power to choose.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
Ok. We can call it Other Korea.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

During loot phases, if I wander off to the next zone of a dungeon during the bid war do I forfeit profits?

I'm level 22 now, should I be doing something with my old gear besides vendoring it or feeding it into the endless maw of my hongmoon gear?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oh one more, does the mouse not always stick to the window for anyone else? I seem to keep having the thing go out of window during lots of clicking and giving me a context menu in another monitor :mad:

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Clairetic posted:

Ok. We can call it Other Korea.

I have trouble telling what's a joke or not but regardless that sounds like as good a name for a goon guild as any.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Am I missing something with gathering water or are they just in high demand? Between beta and now, I don't think I've actually ever gathered water.

Edit:
To clarify, when I go to water on the map it's never gatherable. Anyone else have this issue?

Amante fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 19, 2016

Akujiki
Nov 25, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

During loot phases, if I wander off to the next zone of a dungeon during the bid war do I forfeit profits?

I'm level 22 now, should I be doing something with my old gear besides vendoring it or feeding it into the endless maw of my hongmoon gear?

By old gear do you mean old soul shields or weapons? Green+ should be fed unless it's a breakthrough or evolution item for your class. Soul shields should be broken down for fusion powder.

If you're big on pvp use anything but your Hongmoon weapon, even broken weapons work perfectly normal in pvp so no durability loss.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Akujiki posted:

By old gear do you mean old soul shields or weapons? Green+ should be fed unless it's a breakthrough or evolution item for your class. Soul shields should be broken down for fusion powder.

If you're big on pvp use anything but your Hongmoon weapon, even broken weapons work perfectly normal in pvp so no durability loss.

They've patched it so pvp does not inflict durability loss

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Everyone who was smart and decided to wait, you can play on North America in 6 minutes.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Who do we talk to on Mushin to get an invite to the guild, or alt guild if it's full?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Do I really have to play to max level with every class to know what the gently caress is going on for PvP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
No, but like any game you'll have a much better idea of everything they can do if you have first person experience.

• Locked thread