Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
Don Martin should rise from the grave and kick Gorrell's rear end for biting his style.
*Shtoink* *Bzzownt* *Fwtwangg*

quote:

Hard to be menaced by identical nonuplets in a sweater-and-collared-shirt "smart casual" look. Hitler dresses like the Hardy Boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Brother Entropy posted:

iirc recent polls have shown bernie to be catching up in some of the early states like iowa so it's definitely B

You're right about the polls, but after reading these threads for a while, I don't expect cartoonists to adress issues that are in any way related to the real world any more... Apart from that, I like Fulchrum's interpretation.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

It's not really political, but it's not often you see a cartoon about the militia standoff and Lego Voltron together.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Rorus Raz posted:

See gently caress respecting the borders of every other sovereign nation except ours. Also, the soldiers are being sent home so uh nice work ace.

I feel like Obama could bring sight to the blind and these people would scream about him taking away work from guide dogs.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

TheNabster posted:

I feel like Obama could bring sight to the blind and these people would scream about him taking away work from guide dogs.

He could walk on water and they'd say SEE? HE CAN'T EVEN SWIM!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Starshark posted:

He could walk on water and they'd say SEE? HE CAN'T EVEN SWIM!

Not that they'd be surprised.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Fulchrum posted:

Worked for Creeds one nomination.

Bad example since Rocky isn't a character invented just to have a majority perspective in a film about minority experiences. Michel B. Jordan probably still deserves a nomination, and probably didn't get it for obvious reasons.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

TheNabster posted:

Again, it was not a week ago that these people were sniping about Obama suggesting we try to cure cancer.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Fulchrum posted:

Worked for Creeds one nomination.

And The Last King of Scotland

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
Well, it's been a while since we had a frank discussion about how non-vegans are the next hitler. (Somewhere, Tedd Rall sees a salad bar, and sheds a tear. And he has no clue why)

Yes, it's time to EAT YOUR VEGGIES

And if two guys were on the moon and one killed the other one with a rock that'd be hosed up, wouldn't it?

"Yes. *you're* the extremists. Now let me explain how people eating animals is just like the Holocaust, homophobia, and racism."

Yeah it would be *really* hosed up. I mean, two guys on the moon and one killing another?

"This is not just a first world problems white girl movement!" *posts group of pictures showing nothing but first world white girls*

JUST AS BAD AS X

I. . .I can't even parse this. Is there really anyone who says drinking soy milk makes a guy grow breasts? I mean I can't stand the taste of it but that's beside the point.

Remember how there was supposed to be a story line having Doll swap sides? Forget it. She's just gotten a redesign and is magically Vegan. Presumably the only difference is when she starts drooling because of the extended electroshock sessions.

As always here's a disclaimer: Vegans are not bad. If you wanna eat nothing but veggies, then that's fine! More power to you. But the hamfisted messages in these comics are incredibly ignorant, insensitive, and basically calls anyone who doesn't or cannot survive strictly on a vegan diet as history's greatest monster.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

E-Tank posted:

didn't even read

gently caress off with this poo poo t:mad:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I kind of feel like eating a burger just out of spite for those creepy vegan comics.

Selachian posted:

Again, it was not a week ago that these people were sniping about Obama suggesting we try to cure cancer.

If he somehow managed to cure every single form of cancer before leaving office, they'd complain about how he was such a communist for taking away so much revenue from the pharmaceutical industry.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

E-Tank posted:

I. . .I can't even parse this. Is there really anyone who says drinking soy milk makes a guy grow breasts? I mean I can't stand the taste of it but that's beside the point.

Yes.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I love every single one of those vegan comics. They hit the exact sweet spot between "Is this satire, or....?" Except this time I think they might not be satire. Which only makes me love them more.

They are perfect in every way.

oh man lol

Bass Bottles fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 19, 2016

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

That's a pretty good Gahan Wilson pastiche.

I saw a brilliant cartoon a long time ago (possibly in a thread here), and if someone could dig it up I'd be ever so grateful. It showed a cartoonist at his workspace, drawing a new "IF GLOBAL WARMING, WHY COLD" cartoon, while tacked up on the wall behind him are dozens of other nearly identical "IF GLOBAL WARMING, WHY COLD" cartoons. The cartoonist says something along the lines of "It seems like I draw this cartoon later every year."

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Wasn't there a blanket ban on vegan comix?

E-Tank posted:

I once met Fabio while he was selling his protein powder, he warned me of something similar so it must be true :v:

EDIT:

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

I saw a brilliant cartoon a long time ago (possibly in a thread here), and if someone could dig it up I'd be ever so grateful. It showed a cartoonist at his workspace, drawing a new "IF GLOBAL WARMING, WHY COLD" cartoon, while tacked up on the wall behind him are dozens of other nearly identical "IF GLOBAL WARMING, WHY COLD" cartoons. The cartoonist says something along the lines of "It seems like I draw this cartoon later every year."
This one?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

gradenko_2000 posted:

I feel like this is a sharp change from how cartoonists depicted the economy in 2008.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

beepsandboops posted:

I once met Fabio while he was selling his protein powder, he warned me of something similar so it must be true :v:

EDIT:

This one?

It says something that the parody Ramirez has much, much better art than him.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

beepsandboops posted:

No, I just said it's probably a good idea to post them on slower days once in a while instead of doing weekly dumps of whatever poo poo you found from deviantart or r/nazifur

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

gently caress off with this poo poo t:mad:

Alright. sorry. Won't get posted again.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron's 'learn English' visa proposals – David Cameron has been accused of stigmatising Muslim women after he announced plans to help them learn English and warned that migrant spouses who fail language tests may have to leave the UK"

Telegraph:

Donald Trump debate: Ban risks making tycoon a 'martyr'

Independent:

Times:

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

Thank you!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

beepsandboops posted:

EDIT:

This one?

I just noticed all the MacNelly books in the corner, aka the author of Shoe who was also an editorial cartoonist. Dude hated Clinton like Ramirez hates Obama:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

seiferguy posted:

I just noticed all the MacNelly books in the corner, aka the author of Shoe who was also an editorial cartoonist. Dude hated Clinton like Ramirez hates Obama:

Based on Ramirez ripping the cartoon off wholesale for his own Obama dig, I guess? Or is that a fairly common format?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

E-Tank posted:

Keep posting them (in off times though) they're dumb as poo poo but at least the art is better than Ramirez, Gary McCoy, and Kirschen.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 19, 2016

CoolZidane
Jun 24, 2008

DOW SOARS! ECONOMY HUMMING! needs to be on Glenn McCoy's tombstone.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

E-Tank posted:

then i will post it :twisted:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

seiferguy posted:

Xander77 posted:

Based on Ramirez ripping the cartoon off wholesale for his own Obama dig, I guess? Or is that a fairly common format?

It was Ramirez's idea to choose a different Lincoln quote.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

E-Tank posted:

I loving wish it was that easy!

E-Tank posted:

As always here's a disclaimer: Vegans are not bad. If you wanna eat nothing but veggies, then that's fine! More power to you. But the hamfisted messages in these comics are incredibly ignorant, insensitive, and basically calls anyone who doesn't or cannot survive strictly on a vegan diet as history's greatest monster.

Ehhhh I disagree, vegans are pretty terrible. I don't have a problem with vegetarians but the fact is that humans need stuff in their diet that plants don't really produce. And of course the loving morons who try to raise their infants vegan are murderers. It's not like you can even claim exploitation, seeing as there's a bunch of nice milk produced by someone who can consent specifically for the baby. But I'm pretty sure even most vegans agree there.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Wow, good find. Same order, too.

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

It's nice to see that none of his other caricatures are any more competent than his Obama one, I guess.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Keiya posted:

I loving wish it was that easy!

Ehhhh I disagree, vegans are pretty terrible. I don't have a problem with vegetarians but the fact is that humans need stuff in their diet that plants don't really produce. And of course the loving morons who try to raise their infants vegan are murderers. It's not like you can even claim exploitation, seeing as there's a bunch of nice milk produced by someone who can consent specifically for the baby. But I'm pretty sure even most vegans agree there.
Wait, are there vegan mothers who won't give their children their own breast milk?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Depressingly, yes.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

fade5 posted:

Keep posting them (in off times though) they're dumb as poo poo but at least the art is better than Ramirez, Gary McCoy, and Kirschen.

Well he's a moderator and I'd really *rather* not get banned or probated.

mandatory lesbian posted:

then i will post it :twisted:

I appreciate the gesture but I don't want anyone to get in trouble over these stupid comics.

E-Tank fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 19, 2016

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Now watch this drive.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

E-Tank posted:

Well he's a moderator and I'd really *rather* not get banned or probated.

he's not the mod of this forum, foolish one

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
shame on you nostalgia, using your star to trick this poor innocent man in a way i definitely never did when i was a mod, yep no way no how :p

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

he's not the mod of this forum, foolish one

shame on you nostalgia, using your star to trick this poor innocent man in a way i definitely never did when i was a mod, yep no way no how :p

Oh.
Lesson learned then. Thanks for telling me.

E-Tank fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jan 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Keiya posted:

Ehhhh I disagree, vegans are pretty terrible. I don't have a problem with vegetarians but the fact is that humans need stuff in their diet that plants don't really produce.

Check. Mate. :smug:

Also, if anyone else was wondering the source of these masterpieces the answer lies here.

Took me SOME googling.

• Locked thread