Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

oystertoadfish posted:

plausible. there'd need to be a reason for them to be landing 45 minutes from the rally in ames but im sure the trump campaign and/or palin could be doing something in des moines

The Ames Airport runway is just barely long enough for a business jet the size of the one in the flight tracker to take off from.

Edit:
:frogsiren: Ames Airport's facilities service (which refuels the planes) is closed at 6PM, the jet landed in Des Moines at 7:55 CST, Meat's back on the menu boyz:frogsiren:

Constant Hamprince fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jan 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Constant Hamprince posted:

The Ames Airport runway is just barely long enough for a business jet the size of the one in the flight tracker to take off from.

OctoberBlues posted:

I'm pretty sure even Iowa State charter planes land in Des Moines, so I don't think that's a huge deal.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the ames airport isnt manned after dusk maybe thats it. i dont know anything about iowan cities/towns but des moines is probably the better city to kill most of a day in i'm thinking since the event isnt until 5pm

thanks for that

i couldve looked up most of this info - noted for personal improvement in future flight record obsession sessions

i just kinda feel like this sort of thing is gonna come up again

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Volkerball posted:

Trump wouldn't even be hinting at a vp selection at this point. It's too early.

I mean, you're right, but also it's silly to rule anything out with Trump.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
To break up the Palinchat:

Insider Advantage (note: bad pollster) poll of Georgia

Trump 33
Cruz 23
Rubio 8
Carson+Jeb! 7
Kasich+Christie+Fiorina+Paul 4
Huckabee 3

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Jerry Fallwell Jr. is basically endorsing Trump on Hannity right now. He is now saying "KNOW HIM BY THE FRUITS OF THEIR WORK!"

E: Jerry Fallwell Jr. Is now comparing Trump to Reagan.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication

17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

please don't post my erotic fanfic in this thread tia

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Volkerball posted:

Trump wouldn't even be hinting at a vp selection at this point. It's too early.

I feel doing so would exude his confidence of being nominated and pivot the spotlight away from Cruz et al. He's a media master.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

I can't believe this thread has turned into 2008.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Montasque posted:

I can't believe this thread has turned into 2008.

establishment dems are probably having the same feeling

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Montasque posted:

"KNOW HIM BY THE FRUITS OF THEIR WORK"
I know I speak for the thread when I say that's how I feel about your dedication to conservative media. You're a good person for providing us a daily glimpse into the abyss.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

What rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Ames, Iowa to endorse?

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
If goons ended up having internet detectived a Sarah Palin Trump endorsement I may poo poo my pants

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Louisgod posted:

I feel doing so would exude his confidence of being nominated and pivot the spotlight away from Cruz et al. He's a media master.

It'd help him win the GOP primary which he's already winning, but what happens when we get to the general, and the person he picked for VP isn't their best option at the end of the convention? It's too early. I mean yeah I get he's Trump and he loves flipping poo poo on its head, but a VP announcement now sounds extremely risky and counter-productive.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Peachstapler posted:

I know I speak for the thread when I say that's how I feel about your dedication to conservative media. You're a good person for providing us a daily glimpse into the abyss.

Seriously, I could barely handle five minutes of "Jacko" talking politics on the Simmons podcast, I can't imagine listening to Rush and Levin and Hannity every day.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

If goons ended up having internet detectived a Sarah Palin Trump endorsement I may poo poo my pants

http://www.kongregate.com/games/rete/dont-poo poo-your-pants

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

No one is dumb enough to announce a VP pick without having been nominated yet, has this been done?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Volkerball posted:

It'd help him win the GOP primary which he's already winning, but what happens when we get to the general, and the person he picked for VP isn't their best option at the end of the convention? It's too early. I mean yeah I get he's Trump and he loves flipping poo poo on its head, but a VP announcement now sounds extremely risky and counter-productive.
Unless his plan is to throw the match to Hillary.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i think it came from /pol/ or something

only reason i think that is that montasque posted it and sometimes he posts things from them or freep or wherever else

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

quote:

Multiple little birdies tell me Jerry Falwell, Jr. is going to endorse Trump for president and come to Iowa with him tomorrow.

— Steve Deace (@SteveDeaceShow) January 18, 2016

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Montasque posted:

Jerry Fallwell Jr. is basically endorsing Trump on Hannity right now. He is now saying "KNOW HIM BY THE FRUITS OF THEIR WORK!"

E: Jerry Fallwell Jr. Is now comparing Trump to Reagan.

How long until there's a Trump Hall at Liberty?

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

oystertoadfish posted:

i think it came from /pol/ or something

only reason i think that is that montasque posted it and sometimes he posts things from them or freep or wherever else

It did. They have now gotten themselves to believe it is both Palin AND Branstad, backing themselves into a corner of certain disappointment. As is their way.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx
So, here's some more insights from working at a data collection firm:

NBC/WSJ is the best poll, since you talk to so many different people from all over the country. Push polls are the worst, especially when you push someone to vote Republican who was voting Democrat. It is one of the worst feelings I experience on a semi-regular basis.

Scott Walker's supporters were the dumbest people I've ever talked to on the phone. The dumb seems mostly concentrated around Trump and Carson now though. Homophobes were also fond of Walker, but they seem to also have moved onto Carson (but not Trump).

The most gay-friendly Republicans I've polled support Rand Paul and Donald Trump.

The most racist support Trump and, ironically, Carson. I had a white nationalist tell me he was voting for Carson.

Quite a few Carson, Trump and Rand Supporters want legal weed.

Never-married Men/Widowers favor JEB! and Fiorina. Trump is King of the divorced demographic though.

The all-time weirdest respondent I have had this Election Cycle was a Texas Female School Teacher. She favored for President, in this order, Cruz - Sanders - Rand - Clinton. She also wanted the US to side with Iran in any conflict that Iran had with Saudi Arabia. She went on for like 5 minutes about how Shia Muslims were the "good ones." Pro-life, pro-gay and pro-weed.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
e: whoops misread the source name

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Volkerball posted:

He could pick a different VP every month and then have them do a cage match at the GOP Convention; ultimate winner gets the job.

Six walk in, one walks out; the yooogest contest ever.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

How long until there's a Trump Hall at Liberty?

he'll build it himself using the best marble and gold in the whole world.

Will be designed by the best architects from new york city

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

and now a third contender steps into the ring... palin? branstad? falwell? it sounds like even if it isn't falwell tomorrow he's in for trump - i wonder how much of the christian right he can swing with him. this is when things actually start happening!

or of course... it could be all three! and the ghost of reagan!

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

this is really cool. i love how little sense people make, and how much work it takes from people like yall to form a narrative out of it all. do they (edit: here 'they' means your supervisors or the people analyzing the data you're collating, this was confusing) ever tell you anything about how they weight the responses you get?

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jan 19, 2016

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Freepers did the hard work I just posted the fruit of their stalking.

Peachstapler posted:

Thnx. No idea how much longer I can do it, but I'll try to keep it up till at least South Carolina.

E: If this ends up just being Jerry Fallwell Jr. it will be very anti-climatic and totally inline with Donald J Trump's campaign.

Montasque fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jan 19, 2016

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Fox Ironic posted:

The all-time weirdest respondent I have had this Election Cycle was a Texas Female School Teacher. She favored for President, in this order, Cruz - Sanders - Rand - Clinton. She also wanted the US to side with Iran in any conflict that Iran had with Saudi Arabia. She went on for like 5 minutes about how Shia Muslims were the "good ones." Pro-life, pro-gay and pro-weed.
I like this person. Just blow everyone's minds.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Fox Ironic posted:

I'm glad somebody is thinking independently, although that is indeed a crazy order of preference for president.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

FlightAware is a very popular site once college football season ends because obsessive fans freak out over any flight that's leaving one college town for another. Smarter schools and coaches' agents have learned to keep their flight plans off of it.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

That would be good, but disappointing compared to the other possibilities that've been floated.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Jewel Repetition posted:

That would be good, but disappointing compared to the other possibilities that've been floated.

Falwell Jr. really wouldn't mean much, other than giving Trump a little cover on some of his bible bumbling. I doubt he'd hype the endorsement that much either.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

DynamicSloth posted:

Falwell Jr. really wouldn't mean much, other than giving Trump a little cover on some of his bible bumbling. I doubt he'd hype the endorsement that much either.

That's a good point, although I could see Trump overhyping something.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Potentially relevant to the Palin, Branstad, Falwell AND Reagan's ghost theory:

http://www.politico.com/story/2010/06/palin-backs-terry-branstad-038109

Palin backed Branstad in a primary against Vander Plaats, so i bet Branstad doesn't like that guy. And guess who Cruz's national co-chair is?

https://www.tedcruz.org/news/cruz-for-president-announces-bob-vander-plaats-as-national-co-chair/

So Cruz pissed off Branstad by hiring his rival, Trump uses Palin to work an angle with Branstad, and Branstad agrees to endorse to gently caress over Cruz.

Checkmate Donald.

Plausible, no?

Oiled and Ready fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 19, 2016

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

DynamicSloth posted:

This is Donald Trump we're talking about...

https://youtu.be/LyONt_ZH_aw

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Jewel Repetition posted:

That's a good point, although I could see Trump overhyping something.
Like maybe a skating rink?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

President Trump Cabinet
Gov. Greg Abbott as Vice President

Department of State, (return INS.) Newt Gingrich
Department of Justice, Rep. Steve King
Department of Treasury, (includes former Homeland Security - Customs) Carl Icahn (Offered and Accepted)
Department of War, (change the name back.) Include former VA function Gen. James Mattis
Department of Interior, (includes the legitimate functions only of former Dept. of Transportation, Dept. of Homeland Security - Border Patrol, and Energy Departments) Gov. Sarah Palin
Department of Labor and Commerce, Herman Cain

This proposed model has the President directly managing seven subordinates which is optimal.

Department of Education William J. Bennett in a Temporary position
as it will be ELIMINATED as proposed by The Donald, 9/23/15 at a Columbia, SC Town Hall with Sen. Tim Scott.
Department of Homeland Security ELIMINATE
Department of Energy ELIMINATE
Department of Health and Human Services ELIMINATE
Department of Housing and Urban Development ELIMINATE
Department of Veterans Affairs ELIMINATE
Department of Agriculture ELIMINATE
Department of Transportation ELIMINATE

On Fox news Sunday, 10/18/15 Trump said he would cut funding for EPA and Dept. of Ed.

In non-cabinet level jobs

Gen. Peter Pace as National Security Adviser
LTC Ralph Peters as Director of National Intelligence (NDI)
Sheriff Clarke should be FBI Director
Michelle Bachman as IRS Commissioner under Secretary Carl Icahn in Treasury
Admiral James A. Ace Lyons as Undersecretary of War Navy Branch.
LTC Allen West as Undersecretary of War Army Branch.
Lt. Gen. Tom McInerney as Undersecretary of War Air Force Branch.
Ted Nugent as Undersecretary of Interior
Lynnette Diamond Hardaway and Rochelle Silk Richardson would be great as President Trumps Co-Press Secretaries.

Marsha Blackburn, Speaker of the House
Ted Cruz as Senate Majority Leader.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
I wish a pollster would call me and have a casual conversation about politics.

I like talking to people from the strange foreign lands that lie in the wasteland outside of God's country, SEC country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Fox Ironic posted:

I don't suppose her name rhymed with "Clara Libertine" by any chance? It's difficult for me to believe there's more than one person that fits that bill, even in someplace as big as Texas.

• Locked thread